PDA

View Full Version : Lil Wayne

Necks_Fan
11-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Concert on the 18th of Dec.

I'm not gangsta enough to go, but anybody on here interested?

Lol. This should be good.:devil:

Trashman
11-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Not on your life.........personally I would rather have my fingernails ripped out by Hollywood.:D

eagles_victory
11-17-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Concert on the 18th of Dec.

I'm not gangsta enough to go, but anybody on here interested?

Lol. This should be good.:devil: heck yea i would go but I wouldnt pay a whole bunch for the tickets.

IHStangFan
11-17-2008, 11:36 PM
who?

WylieBulldog92
11-17-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
who?
Some horrible rapper I'm ashamed to have on my iPod at this moment...

IHStangFan
11-18-2008, 12:47 AM
that would be why I don't know who he is then......I guess the "Lil" part should have given it away.

Emerson1
11-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Lil Wayne is as far away from gangster as you can be. When you have a recording contract when you are 15, you cannot be gangster.

His concert will consist of 13-16 year old boys and girls

Necks_Fan
11-18-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Lil Wayne is as far away from gangster as you can be. When you have a recording contract when you are 15, you cannot be gangster.

His concert will consist of 13-16 year old boys and girls Dude.... Wayne is as gangsta as they come.

PLENY of people well into their 20's will be there.

Cheapest tickets are about $100.

Backstage passes and whatnot are going for around $1000.

Emerson1
11-18-2008, 02:22 PM
You are being sarcastic right?

Necks_Fan
11-18-2008, 02:31 PM
You are being sarcastic right? No.

Wayne= Gangsta

Emerson1
11-18-2008, 02:39 PM
The waynes brothers are more gangster this lil wayne

Keith7
11-18-2008, 03:51 PM
Lil Wayne is not gangsta but I really doubt the concert is going to be full of teenagers.. He is by far the best rapper out there right now and is respected by any body who listens to rap

Emerson1
11-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Lil Wayne is not gangsta but I really doubt the concert is going to be full of teenagers.. He is by far the best rapper out there right now and is respected by any body who listens to rap
You can't find a single black guy over the age of 17 that like lil wayne.

Jin > Lil Wayne

Keith7
11-18-2008, 05:09 PM

Jin > Lil Wayne

Every black guy I know who likes rap likes lil wayne so I have no clue what you are talking about

jason
11-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Every black guy I know who likes rap likes lil wayne so I have no clue what you are talking about he only knows 1 haha....

WylieBulldog92
11-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by jason
he only knows 1 haha....
He knows Lil Wayne?

eagles_victory
11-18-2008, 08:07 PM

Jin > Lil Wayne your out of your mind if you think thats true. I hate to say this but I agree more with necks fan than I do with you.

Emerson1
11-18-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
your out of your mind if you think thats true. I hate to say this but I agree more with necks fan than I do with you.
Why? One makes you laugh on purpose, the other just makes you laugh at him.

Lil Wayne = wanksta

I suppose you think lollipop is lyrical greatness too? His songs could only be classified as decent because of the beats, which he does not make.

Necks_Fan
11-18-2008, 08:59 PM

Jin > Lil Wayne Are you crazy?

I see 40 y/o men jamming lil waybe and buying his CD's.

There are Millions of people who like Lil Wayne... most of which I would say are 17-21 y/o.

carter08
11-19-2008, 12:18 AM
If millions of people listen to him, he is not gangsta. He is a corporate money maker. That is really far away from gangsta.

Plus, Gym Class Heros is playing with him. Instant loss of street cred.

District303aPastPlayer
11-19-2008, 01:21 AM

uh... sorry, Asher Roth, Curren$y, B.o.B., Charles Hamilton, Andre 3000, anyone. Lil wayne kisses Baby like a man kisses his wife, and is garbage.

LH Panther Mom
11-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
Not on your life.........personally I would rather have my fingernails ripped out by Hollywood.:D
That seems a little extreme, but I can certainly see why you feel that way! :D

Phil C
11-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Lil Wayne is great! If I were up there and had the cash I would certainly be at the concert. Whoever goes is in for a treat. He was great on Saturday Night Live on the night it was hosted by Mike Phelps.

Emerson1
11-19-2008, 02:10 PM
A millionaire, I'm a young money millionaire
Tougher than Nigerian hair
My criteria compared to your career this isn't fair
I'm a venereal disease like a menstrual bleed

Lyrical greatness!!!!! :rolleyes:

Necks_Fan
11-19-2008, 03:18 PM

Lyrical greatness!!!!! :rolleyes: So, you picked the ONE quote of ALL his songs that has a stupid quote in it.

I never said that rhyme was the best in the world. I asked if people were interested and I think that the dude is pretty gangsta. JMo.

Keith7
11-19-2008, 03:28 PM

Lyrical greatness!!!!! :rolleyes:

Actually that are pretty good lyrics.. Its a great example of how his rhyme schemes are totally different than anybody else.

Taken out of context you can make anybodies lyrics sound dumb..

I'm sure if I went through some of your favorite bands like nickleback or staind I can pull out some pretty lame stuff stupid stuff

Electus Unus
11-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Lil Wayne is the biggest rapper out there now. He may not be gangster or anything but he is making his money and that is what it is all about these days. As far as best rapper, I have to disagree, he is not top 10 all time. If I had to create a list in no particular order it would consist of these rappers.

Ol Dirty Bastard
NAS
Tupac
Biggie
Andre 3000
Common
Eminem
Scarface
Easy E
Chuck D

WylieBulldog92
11-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
Lil Wayne is the biggest rapper out there now. He may not be gangster or anything but he is making his money and that is what it is all about these days. As far as best rapper, I have to disagree, he is not top 10 all time. If I had to create a list in no particular order it would consist of these rappers.

Ol Dirty Bastard
NAS
Tupac
Biggie
Andre 3000
Common
Eminem
Scarface
Easy E
Chuck D

I think Immortal Technique will make it up there someday..

Necks_Fan
11-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
I think Immortal Technique will make it up there someday.. I agree.

48minutes
11-19-2008, 07:50 PM
Why so much hate toward lil wayne? I listen to all kinds of music. Personally, I love lil waynes songs. could it be jealousy? the fact that he is lucky enough to do what he does and get paid so much? No reason to put him down so much, he has skills. nm

Necks_Fan
11-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by 48minutes
Why so much hate toward lil wayne? I listen to all kinds of music. Personally, I love lil waynes songs. could it be jealousy? the fact that he is lucky enough to do what he does and get paid so much? No reason to put him down so much, he has skills. nm I like Lil Wayne. I just know TONS of people on here hate him or rap in general.

Wayne= Gangsta and best rapper out there right now.

Him and TI are my 2 favorite rappers.

DU_stud04
11-19-2008, 08:05 PM
idk about him being gangster...... that kind made me laugh a bit. he's good at what he does though.

Necks_Fan
11-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
idk about him being gangster...... that kind made me laugh a bit. he's good at what he does though. Would thug be a better word?

DU_stud04
11-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Would thug be a better word? his stuff is basically pop and rap mixed together.....pop rapper.
im pretty bad at categorizing though.

i still like it

carter08
11-19-2008, 08:37 PM
Honestly.

Not dissing Lil Wayne.

Tell me how he can still be classified as gangsta.

When he was 12, he played the part of the Tin Man in his middle school drama club's production of The Wiz

Lil Wayne revealed one of his favorite bands from childhood to be rock group Nirvana, and cites them as a major influence in his music

Wayne revealed he was a tennis fan,

On November 11, 2008, Wayne became the first hip-hop act to ever perform at the Country Music Awards.

He's good. He is not gangsta.

48minutes
11-19-2008, 09:31 PM
Agree, not gangsta by any means IMO. Very good and entertaining though.

eagles_victory
11-20-2008, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Honestly.

Not dissing Lil Wayne.

Tell me how he can still be classified as gangsta.

He's good. He is not gangsta. What is wrong with going to the CMA's and getting your name out to a different fan base and just being diverse? I say nothing I thought it was pretty awesome how well he played the guitar.

Who cares if he listened to Nirvana it seemed like everyone did in the early 90's. Ive seen some stuff where several rappers were talking about how they would always listen to Smells like Teen Spirit when it was out and a lot of people in their hoods did too. I didnt know if you were a rapper you could only listen to rap music hell Snoop Dogg talks about listening to Johnny Cash all the time.

Sorry for the rant it just annoys me how everytime someone goes mainstream people have to question his crediabilty to his genre of music. Who cares how gangsta he is being gangsta is way overrated anyway.

Necks_Fan
11-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Yea, I guess being a blood doesn't classify him as a gangster????
Ya know, considering that is a GANG and all.

Drugs and codeine koolaid don't count as gangster? I guess all the normal people do that right?

thatboiwes
11-20-2008, 02:57 PM
The lyrics quoted earlier in the thread were taken a little out of context.

This part of the lyrics go together:

A millionaire
I'm a Young Money millionaire
My criteria compared to your career just isn't fair

Then the next part goes together. Just think of it as a run-on sentence:

I'm a veneareal disease, like a menstrual I bleed
Threw the pencil and leak on the sheet of the tablet of my mind
Cuz I don't write s*** cuz I ain't got time

He just happend to use a that as his metaphor.

Taking out the "I" and leaving out the next couple of bars completely changes the lyrics.

I'm not the biggest Lil' Wayne fan, but I have most of his cd's. To me, Chamillionaire is the greatest. I will buy anything he puts out.

eagles_victory
11-20-2008, 04:22 PM
Yea, I guess being a blood doesn't classify him as a gangster????
Ya know, considering that is a GANG and all.

Drugs and codeine koolaid don't count as gangster? I guess all the normal people do that right? Thats not exactly something to be proud of though.

District303aPastPlayer
11-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
I think Immortal Technique will make it up there someday..

have you ever heard his Freestyle Friday session against Posterboy?

"shave off ya mustache, you look like a rapist. Who you know eat rappers like Cheerios; Shaheed, im in everybodies stereo's... oh you don't think your girl is the hooker type? mexican you a rupaul look alike"

just a bit...