PDA

View Full Version : So who is the bracket buster?

easttexas3a
11-17-2008, 03:43 PM
So who is it, who is the team that no one is expecting to make a long run that can come up with some upsets over the next few weeks.

LH_Tuff
11-17-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
So who is it, who is the team that no one is expecting to make a long run that can come up with some upsets over the next few weeks.

Llano ;)

OldBison75
11-17-2008, 03:51 PM
In Division I, the surprise team maight just be Llano. They are fundamentally sound and have a good enough offense and defense to sneak up on the unsuspecting.

In Division II, there are a couple of teams that might cause some favorites headaches. Rockdale is a very good team with a well balanced attack and a strong defense. Giddings has the playoff experience and the type defense that can kep most games very close and give a good offense an opportunity to win. The key for Giddings is limiting the turnover.

I would not be surprised to see any of these three play a couple of more weeks, at least.

STAggie
11-17-2008, 03:54 PM
Sealy if they can get the upset win over Cuero in Div. I.

I also think Sinton in Div. II just because everyone has kinda pushed them to the side when talking about the elites in 3a. They are one of very few undefeateds and that swagger can really carry a team through the playoffs.

Budman007
11-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
In Division I, the surprise team maight just be Llano. They are fundamentally sound and have a good enough offense and defense to sneak up on the unsuspecting.

In Division II, there are a couple of teams that might cause some favorites headaches. Rockdale is a very good team with a well balanced attack and a strong defense. Giddings has the playoff experience and the type defense that can kep most games very close and give a good offense an opportunity to win. The key for Giddings is limiting the turnover.

I would not be surprised to see any of these three play a couple of more weeks, at least.

I beleive Llano is in DII?:confused: And their run ends this week.

Txbroadcaster
11-17-2008, 03:59 PM
Gilmer..no expects it :D

LH_Tuff
11-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Budman007
I beleive Llano is in DII?:confused: And their run ends this week.

Yes llano is in DII, and there 'run' will continue for a couple more weeks.

OldBison75
11-17-2008, 04:02 PM
I stand corrected, Llano is Division II and I would not count my blessings yet. My Division I team was supposed to be Burkburnett because of their very good oddense and strong defense. Plus, they have something to prove.

Llano, Rockdale, and Giddings may all end up in the quarterfinals, much to the disappointment of Bridgeport.

If Llano plays without mistakes on offense, ie turnovers, they could pull this upset. They have a good enough defense to keep the game in touch for the offense.

bandera7
11-17-2008, 04:07 PM
When did Llano develop a defense? Cause when we played them there wasnt a defense on the field at any point. And that includes us.

Budman007
11-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I stand corrected, Llano is Division II and I would not count my blessings yet. My Division I team was supposed to be Burkburnett because of their very good oddense and strong defense. Plus, they have something to prove.

Llano, Rockdale, and Giddings may all end up in the quarterfinals, much to the disappointment of Bridgeport.

If Llano plays without mistakes on offense, ie turnovers, they could pull this upset. They have a good enough defense to keep the game in touch for the offense.

You left out Sweetwater???;)

Stownhorse
11-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Budman007
You left out Sweetwater???;)

haha funny

Third
11-17-2008, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
When did Llano develop a defense? Cause when we played them there wasnt a defense on the field at any point. And that includes us.

LOL!

alaskacat
11-17-2008, 04:37 PM
In Div II Celina is far from done. The could easily stick around for a rematch with Prosper.

Now rthat I am back from Alaska I can have some fun:)

Budman007
11-17-2008, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Third
LOL!

Finally, one honest poster!:)

Bullaholic
11-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
In Div II Celina is far from done. The could easily stick around for a rematch with Prosper.

Now rthat I am back from Alaska I can have some fun:)

Celina is D2 and Prosper is D1, so they won't have a re-match this season. You can still have that fun, though. Welcome home.

CHS_89
11-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Celina is D2 and Prosper is D1, so they won't have a re-match this season. You can still have that fun, though. Welcome home.

He meant the other eagles, lol!!!:doh:

easttexas3a
11-17-2008, 10:50 PM
I got one for you guys. How about Texarkana Pleasent Grove winning Region 2 Division 2.

BobcatBenny
11-18-2008, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
This is easy to answer. It has got to be Farmersville! ;)

87 TIGER
11-18-2008, 09:14 AM
Llano, Caldwell, Rockdale, & Giddings