PDA

View Full Version : Rod Steward - "Faces" reunion tour

44INAROW
11-17-2008, 03:26 PM
sure hope this comes to fruition (and to San Antonio, Austin or Houston)
Scheduling problems between the members has hampered previous comeback plans - but Stewart has confirmed that this time it is a reformation is definitely on.

Rod Stewart has confirmed that 70s supergroup The Faces are set for a reunion, more than 30 years after the band split.

Earlier this week, website Raygigs.com reported that Stewart and other original members Ronnie Wood, Ian McLagan and Kenney Jones had booked a secret rehearsal slot next week to see if the band still had what it takes to launch a string of reunion shows next year.

Scheduling problems between the members has hampered previous comeback plans - but Stewart has confirmed that this time it is a reformation is definitely on.

He says, "Yes, absolutely. We have our first rehearsal on Monday. It will be next summer and I am looking forward to it. It'll be great."

And Stewart is adamant that Wood's recent break-up with wife of 23 years Jo won't hold the star back from giving everything to the tour.

He adds, "Ronnie is up for it. I think he feels great. He is full of energy and very excited. We try not to mix our family problems with work. I'll see him Monday."

The band has previously reunited for a handful of one-off gigs - Wood and McLagan performed with Stewart at the Hollywood Bowl in 2004.

Stewart's touring bass player is expected to complete the group, replacing late bassist Ronnie 'Plonk' Lane, who died in 1997.

www.http://www.kzep.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=104649&article=4580549

Ranger Mom
11-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Ewwwww!!

**shudders**