PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport vs Llano (merged)

Daddy D 11
11-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Let's hear it everyone! Where's all the Bull faithful:confused:

Go Llano:D :p

LH Panther Mom
11-15-2008, 12:05 PM
I think the Bull faithful are still dazed & confused from trying to find who had the ball last night. :devil:

GO JACKETS!

Daddy D 11
11-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I think the Bull faithful are still dazed & confused from trying to find who had the ball last night. :devil:

GO JACKETS!

I'm going to the Sweetwater-Greenwood game Thursday @ Shotwell, Isn't this one Friday? I might make this one too, on my way to Mineral Wells on Saturday:devil:

Super_R
11-15-2008, 12:35 PM

GO JACKETS!

It gets even harder up close...and if you think Llano hides the ball well you could be in for a real treat in 2 weeks.

Nice Win Llano...Keep it going!

Bullaholic
11-15-2008, 12:36 PM

GO JACKETS!

It makes the Bull faithfull no difference at all who has the ball when they go absolutely nowhere with it.:D

Bullaholic
11-15-2008, 01:12 PM
Llano is a tough team worthy of being in the playoffs---they proved that last night against Glen Rose. The Bulls will have to prepare well for the Yellowjackets this week, but I do think the Bull "O" will test them more than Glen Rose and make the Jacket "O" work very hard for every yard.

bandera7
11-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Llano should give Bridgeport a fight, and if their D shows up, it could be really close...
Bridgeport 31
Llano 28

cr180t
11-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Where and when is this one

lange4
11-15-2008, 02:31 PM
saterday 6pm stephenville

The One
11-15-2008, 03:22 PM
The Bulls have adapted to different offenses all year. The defense is solid and the defense coordinater has put together great game plans each week. I expect this week to be no different.

This is the best Bridgeport team I have seen come through here, they are solid at every position. Make no mistake about it, there is no comparison between the Bulls and Glen Rose's offense. The Bulls have the number one offense in Class 3A and Saturday you will see why. I know Llano has a pretty good defense but I don't think it will be good enough to stop Bridgeport.

Llano will most likely take the game plan to control the ball offensively and keep Bports high powered offense off the field. I would not say Bport defense is great but they are pretty good. I think they are allowing 9 points a game. Burkburnett had a solid running game and Bport held them to negative yards in the first half to build a 24-0 halftime lead. If the jackets get into any kind of hole like that it will be very hard to come back.

How is the Llano passing game? I really believe that is one area that you could have some success against Bport.

My gut is telling me Bport 48 Llano 21, but it will not surprise me for this to be a blowout by Bport.

Daddy D 11
11-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by The One
The Bulls have adapted to different offenses all year. The defense is solid and the defense coordinater has put together great game plans each week. I expect this week to be no different.

This is the best Bridgeport team I have seen come through here, they are solid at every position. Make no mistake about it, there is no comparison between the Bulls and Glen Rose's offense. The Bulls have the number one offense in Class 3A and Saturday you will see why. I know Llano has a pretty good defense but I don't think it will be good enough to stop Bridgeport.

Llano will most likely take the game plan to control the ball offensively and keep Bports high powered offense off the field. I would not say Bport defense is great but they are pretty good. I think they are allowing 9 points a game. Burkburnett had a solid running game and Bport held them to negative yards in the first half to build a 24-0 halftime lead. If the jackets get into any kind of hole like that it will be very hard to come back.

How is the Llano passing game? I really believe that is one area that you could have some success against Bport.

My gut is telling me Bport 48 Llano 21, but it will not surprise me for this to be a blowout by Bport.

Best offense in 3A?:thinking:
Bridgeport will not score 7 TD's, they won't have the ball enough to do that. Llano will control the clock and keep it close, this game is a toss up, specially if the Slot-T gives the Bulls fits.

The One
11-15-2008, 03:42 PM
You maybe right the Bulls may not score 48 points but they have only been held under 50 points 3 times all season and have not been held under 30 all year. They played a tough schedule and I think the odds that this is the week to hold them under 30 is highly unlikely. I will stick to my guns 48-21. But will not be surprised for something like 56-14..

Daddy D 11
11-15-2008, 03:47 PM
You maybe right the Bulls may not score 48 points but they have only been held under 50 points 3 times all season and have not been held under 30 all year. They played a tough schedule and I think the odds that this is the week to hold them under 30 is highly unlikely. I will stick to my guns 48-21. But will not be surprised for something like 56-14..

There's no way Bridgeport scores 50, not because the Llano defense is great, but because your offense won't get the ball enough.

87 TIGER
11-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Llano pulls out a close one
Llano 34
Bport 31

midline
11-15-2008, 05:04 PM

LOL - Did you guys take a look at Llano's schedule? 1 of the 2 toughest districts in the entire STATE. Also, offensives shouldn't be judged by points.... but by how often they get stopped.

Teams with better offenses:
Liberty Hill
Gilmer
Chapel Hill
Carthage
Abilene Wylie
Mexia

TRY STOPPING THOSE TEAMS!!

slpybear the bullfan
11-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Bridgeport by two TDs... and I am kind of like The One... it might just get a bit better than tha.

funny thing about ball control offenses, if you get behind it can hurt more than it helps.

Very excited to see the Slot T in action, because at this point I expect it could cure cancer... (at least from reading several of the posters on here ;) )

midline
11-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Bridgeport by two TDs... and I am kind of like The One... it might just get a bit better than tha.

funny thing about ball control offenses, if you get behind it can hurt more than it helps.

Very excited to see the Slot T in action, because at this point I expect it could cure cancer... (at least from reading several of the posters on here ;) )

you might be right.... Until someone stops Liberty Hill it will be the cure for everything.

Bullaholic
11-15-2008, 05:25 PM

Yep, I got to see any offense that no coach in Texas seems to know how to defense, Slpy.

Super_R
11-15-2008, 05:35 PM

Tough schedule...you must be drunk. Bridgport played a joke of a schedule. Only 3 or your opponents have won more games than they have lost. You were held in the 30 against the 3 teams that were worth a crap. That aint domination! That's a false sense of security.

B'port might be a good team...but, any good team playing that trash schedule would probably throw up those #'s.

(1-9) Brecken Ridge
(1-9) Mineral Wells
(9-1) Prosper
(6-4) Argyle
(3-7) Graham
(9-1) Buckburnet
(1-9) Iowa Park
(5-5) Vernon
(0-10) Hirschi
(4-6) Decatur

(39-61) overall

Daddy D 11
11-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Obviously some can stop it, Vance is only 75-17 since 2001. With 5 of those coming to Burnet, 4 of those coming to Wimberley and 2 at the hands of Cuero. So besides those two teams, only 6 other coaches have beat him in 8 years.

So if your coaches name isn't Bob Shipley, Weldon Nelms or Mark Reeve... good luck:thumbsup:

midline
11-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Super_R
Tough schedule...you must be drunk. Bridgport played a joke of a schedule. Only 3 or your opponents have won more games than they have lost. You were held in the 30 against the 3 teams that were worth a crap. That aint domination! That's a false sense of security.

B'port might be a good team...but, any good team playing that trash schedule would probably throw up those #'s.

(1-9) Brecken Ridge
(1-9) Mineral Wells
(9-1) Prosper
(6-4) Argyle
(3-7) Graham
(9-1) Buckburnet
(1-9) Iowa Park
(5-5) Vernon
(0-10) Hirschi
(4-6) Decatur

(39-61) overall

Llano's Schedule:

(8-2) Rockdale
(8-2) Bangs
(7-3) Bandera
(3-7) Taylor
(4-6) Fredericksburg
(5-5) Burnet
(0-10) Ingram
(1-9) Fischer Canyon
(5-5) Wimberly
(10-0) Liberty Hill

(51-49) overall

OldBison75
11-15-2008, 06:43 PM
Bridgeport should win this game is you take nothing but stats in consideration. Llano has played very tough all year in a tough schedule. I don't think Bridgeport is giving enough credit to the Llano team. The Llano defense is pretty good and the offense is not flashy, but efficient. Llano will control the time of possession. If they can turn those long, time consuming drives into scores, Bridgeport better not make any mistakes. This game may very well be decided on a turnover.

I really think Bridgeport should win by 10, but I think this week, Llano feels that they are being snubbed by the opposition and will be really fired up. My upset pick of the week, Llano 28 Bridgeport 24.

DaHop72
11-15-2008, 06:46 PM

(1-9) Brecken Ridge
(1-9) Mineral Wells
(9-1) Prosper
(6-4) Argyle
(3-7) Graham
(9-1) Buckburnet
(1-9) Iowa Park
(5-5) Vernon
(0-10) Hirschi
(4-6) Decatur

(39-61) overall Compared to this one
Abilene Wylie (8-2)
Giddings (7-3)
Llano (7-3)
Burnet (5-5)
Wimberley (5-5)
Fredericksburg (4-6)
Brownwood (3-7)
Manor (3-7)
Canyon Lake (1-9)
Ingram Moore (0-10)

(43-57) overall.
:thinking: :thinking:

DaHop72
11-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
Where and when is this one Road trip.:thinking: :thinking:

Panther One
11-15-2008, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Compared to this one
Abilene Wylie (8-2)
Giddings (7-3)
Llano (7-3)
Burnet (5-5)
Wimberley (5-5)
Fredericksburg (4-6)
Brownwood (3-7)
Manor (3-7)
Canyon Lake (1-9)
Ingram Moore (0-10)

(43-57) overall.
:thinking: :thinking:
I don't recall any Liberty Hill fans claiming that we played a tough schedule, so what's your point? You have to play a tough schedule in order to evaluate the schedule of another team?

DaHop72
11-15-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
I don't recall any Liberty Hill fans claiming that we played a tough schedule, so what's your point? You have to play a tough schedule in order to evaluate the schedule of another team? Super_R was slamming the schedule that Bridgeport played by won-lost, just giving him a comparison with LH's. Players play the schedule that the coaches set up in advance. When a schedule is made sometimes it looks tough on paper and by the time it's played many things can happen which weakens it.

Daddy D 11
11-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Super_R was slamming the schedule that Bridgeport played by won-lost, just giving him a comparison with LH's. Players play the schedule that the coaches set up in advance. When a schedule is made sometimes it looks tough on paper and by the time it's played many things can happen which weakens it.

That's really what happened to us.

And actually, (me swallowing my words) Bridgeport has played and beaten 4 teams on their schedule that are still in the playoffs. While LH has played and beaten only 3 teams that are still in the playoffs. So we can throw the schedule argument out the window I guess:D

Panther One
11-15-2008, 07:53 PM
Super_R was slamming the schedule that Bridgeport played by won-lost, just giving him a comparison with LH's. Players play the schedule that the coaches set up in advance. When a schedule is made sometimes it looks tough on paper and by the time it's played many things can happen which weakens it.
Correct. You can't control what your opponents do against other teams, but Super R had a point. The teams with a winning record all held Bridgeport in the 30s. I don't think that is a coincidence. If you look at our schedule that you posted, the teams with a winning record all held us to 28. Again, I don't think that is a coincidence. Sometimes records actually do matter.

Panther One
11-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
And actually, (me swallowing my words) Bridgeport has played and beaten 4 teams on their schedule that are still in the playoffs.
It helps that two got a bye this week, though Vernon was the only one most likely to lose a first round matchup.

LH Panther Mom
11-15-2008, 08:57 PM
But this is a Bridgeport/Llano thread, so bringing our schedule into anything doesn't work. ;)

ziggy29
11-15-2008, 09:07 PM
The problem with bringing up strength of schedule is that two really weak teams in district can make the overall strength look bad even if most of the schedule was solid.

8-3A has two teams that were a collective 1-19. Even if all the other five teams in 8-3A are tough and anywhere from competitive to outstanding, that's quite an anchor to overcome. The other eight opponents would have to have an overall record of 49-31 just to be at the .500 level overall.

wtfootball
11-15-2008, 09:12 PM
None of that crap matters anyway until you line it up and play on Friday, should be a good one. After this week, things become very tough for everyone.

Bullaholic
11-15-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Bridgeport should win this game is you take nothing but stats in consideration. Llano has played very tough all year in a tough schedule. I don't think Bridgeport is giving enough credit to the Llano team. The Llano defense is pretty good and the offense is not flashy, but efficient. Llano will control the time of possession. If they can turn those long, time consuming drives into scores, Bridgeport better not make any mistakes. This game may very well be decided on a turnover.

I really think Bridgeport should win by 10, but I think this week, Llano feels that they are being snubbed by the opposition and will be really fired up. My upset pick of the week, Llano 28 Bridgeport 24.

Where does this stuff come from OldBison? Please refer to my earlier post in which I said that Llano is a good team worthy of being in the playoffs and that we would have to prepare well for them. Where is any snubbing or denying giving credit in that?

slpybear the bullfan
11-15-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Where does this stuff come from OldBison? Please refer to my earlier post in which I said that Llano is a good team worthy of being in the playoffs and that we would have to prepare well for them. Where is any snubbing or denying giving credit in that?

Probably from some of our pics. But just because we pick the Bulls by a bunch doesn't mean we don't respect Llano... it just means we think the Bulls have a crackerjack team.

I am sooooo ready to play some football. Talking smack is sorta fun, but gets boooooooring pretty quick.

I hope both Llano and Bridgeport have a good week of practice and come with their A games. Play it safe and lets hope for everyone to come away healthy.

And.... heres to a BULL Victory!

GO BULLS!

Bullaholic
11-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Probably from some of our pics. But just because we pick the Bulls by a bunch doesn't mean we don't respect Llano... it just means we think the Bulls have a crackerjack team.

I am sooooo ready to play some football. Talking smack is sorta fun, but gets boooooooring pretty quick.

I hope both Llano and Bridgeport have a good week of practice and come with their A games. Play it safe and lets hope for everyone to come away healthy.

And.... heres to a BULL Victory!

GO BULLS!

I'm with you, Slpy---I enjoy talking a little smack, but not when it goes over the same old stuff between fans of 2 towns for the 100th time. BYES are almost as hard to take as losing a game.

lange4
11-15-2008, 11:49 PM
So here is a reply from a not so familiar foe. We are not so unfamiliar with playing undefeated teams in the play-offs. In 1998 undefeated Pearsall came to town in a bi-district game. We were 5-5 they were 10-0. All I can say is sometimes 1 team wants it more than the other and it shows on the field. Llano won that game 41-26 with score not even that close. What I am saying is we do not shy from challanges and take them head on. We may be the smallest school in district 8 but believe me, we don't play like it.

Super_R
11-16-2008, 12:32 AM

Look at the quote that I was responding to. The claim was that they played a "tough schedule" and then there was boasting of having the best offense in 3A...followed by only being held to under 50 points 3 times. If you don't understand by now then you are almost beyond help. If you don't like me or LH then I understand. Keep up the good work!

Who-dun-it!!?
11-16-2008, 01:02 AM
All I know about Llano in COOPER'S BBQ!!!

lange4
11-16-2008, 01:04 AM
Then you know enough.

slpybear the bullfan
11-16-2008, 01:16 AM
I'm with you, Slpy---I enjoy talking a little smack, but not when it goes over the same old stuff between fans of 2 towns for the 100th time. BYES are almost as hard to take as losing a game.

LOL... yeah, I kinda think its funny that Bridgeport has drawn a few haters to it this year. Like the last couple of weeks when most of the smack is between towns that haven't/won't play us for a few weeks...

We are happy to be in the playoffs and think we will do pretty well.

Just like every other team that is in the second season.

lange4
11-16-2008, 01:58 AM
Well lets start talking a little. I see yall are 150 students larger than we are. Take that as you may. Every athelete here was pretty much born and raised here. We don't have many move in's. We have the oldest mean age in the state. 2nd in the country to a county in Florida. [mean age = average age].Our young ones are decreasing in numbers... while our neihbors are increasing in numbers. Yet we still compete and compete very well in all sports. But it takes commitment from the limited # of atheletes we have to sustain our high level of expectantcy. which they do very well.

bandera7
11-16-2008, 02:12 AM
I have alot of respect for Llano, since they whooped me while I played high school ball. They play with passion, and have some big boys on their line. That being said, I think that Bridgeport is the real deal this year.
Llano fans, my prediction of the game at 31-28 Bridgeport, and my last comment should speak volumes of your team. You beat us, and I am saying you lose to a real deal team 31-28....you guys have a heck of a team going. I kind of hope Llano wins this one, but I dont think Bridgeport gets beat until the semis or finals, if even that.

midline
11-16-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by lange4
So here is a reply from a not so familiar foe. We are not so unfamiliar with playing undefeated teams in the play-offs. In 1998 undefeated Pearsall came to town in a bi-district game. We were 5-5 they were 10-0. All I can say is sometimes 1 team wants it more than the other and it shows on the field. Llano won that game 41-26 with score not even that close. What I am saying is we do not shy from challanges and take them head on. We may be the smallest school in district 8 but believe me, we don't play like it.

I will never forget the way that entire community couldn't believe what had just happened to them.

BELIEVE - that's what Yellow Jackets do! Get ready Bulls, better strap your chin straps on tight.

sinton66
11-16-2008, 09:34 AM
Bridgeport is the real deal this year, they've proven it already. Llano needs to get ready for an almost perfectly balanced run/pass attack. The Bulls have lots of ways to come at you.

BurkFan
11-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Bridgeport will have no problem keying on any Slot-T offense, wing T, Power I, Spread, whatever! Their linebackers have big eyes and even more speed. They can fill a gap quicker than any team I have ever seen.

Llano will need the same to cover slants, outs, curls. Hope they can close on receivers quickly.

I have never seen Llano play ever. And I wish them luck. They are going to need all they can get.

Bridgeport Bulls by 8

OldBison75
11-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Bull, I was not saying that anybody was downing Llano, I was saying that the Bridgeport posters have talked all year about how powerful the defense is and how it can stop anybody. I don't think they have faced a team that can efficiently move the ball, three or four yards at a time, all night. Llano will not beat anybody with long runs and flash or speed, but they will wear you down by coming straight at you over and over for a little at a time. They are very patient and don't mind taking 7 or 8 minutes offf the clock to score. The Bridgeport defense will spend alot of time on the field and I think that will be a first for them this year.

The bulls might outscore them with the balanced offense you have, but I guarantee you the Bull defense will be worn out by the end of the night.

Bullaholic
11-16-2008, 10:32 AM
Sounds like the scenario that most posters are expecting, OldBison---two good polar-opposite offensive teams with good defenses colliding for a pretty good dogfight. I'm sure the Bulls expect Llano to be a 4-quarter, ball-control, tough team and will regard them with no less respect. I think, on paper, that the Bull "O" should be able to outscore them by 2 TD's or so---again, that is an expectation---not a prediction.

OldBison75
11-16-2008, 10:37 AM
Bull, I agree that on paper, the Bull offense should be able to put enough points on the board to win. I just don't know how the turnovers and mistakes will fall. If the Bulls play a clean, error free game, without mistakes, they should win. Llano will not make too many mistakes, but they won't score much more that one TD per quarter in most games because of ball control. The bulls focus should be on making sure that some of those long drives don't end in points.

sinton66
11-16-2008, 10:38 AM
This game will hinge on the discipline/speed of Bridgeport's linebackers and corners. I haven't seen either team play but am very familiar with what both offensive schemes can do when run correctly.

Bullaholic
11-16-2008, 11:07 AM
You can boil all of it down to the standard old cliches with regard to winning a game no matter how prolific a team's offense:

The team that punts the most usually loses unless there is a high turnover(s) lost factor.

Budman007
11-16-2008, 06:07 PM
Bull, I agree that on paper, the Bull offense should be able to put enough points on the board to win. I just don't know how the turnovers and mistakes will fall. If the Bulls play a clean, error free game, without mistakes, they should win.

FYI, the Bulls had a whopping 2 turnovers in district play and that included a very physical Burkburnett D. Our QB has only thrown 3 picks all year. The Bulls offense is a machine both rushing and passing. My son and I watched the Llano-Glen Rose game. Glen Rose shot themselves in the foot twice with costly turnovers allowing Llano to take control. Glen Rose had absolutely no running game and their QB was very impressive against Llano's D. LLano does have a few good athletes, but will not even come close to matching up with Bridgeport. Bulls win by at least 52-13.

GO BULLS!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Budman007
Bulls win by at least 52-13.

GO BULLS!!!
Wow! Talk about a lack of credit. :doh:

OldBison75
11-16-2008, 06:32 PM
Mom, the folks from Bridgeport have alot of faith in their team, and some are a little over confident. They will see a different brand of smashmouth football this week and, even though they will probably win, they will have a new outlook on central tTexas football.

Llano will be one of the toughest opponents they have faced so far. It won't be that kind of game (blowout). I think Bridgeport may have to settle for scoring 28 or less.

BullsFan
11-16-2008, 07:11 PM
I just want a good clean game with no injuries, and hopefully a Bulls win. I honestly couldn't care less what the score is.

Daddy D 11
11-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Wow! Talk about a lack of credit. :doh:

:doh: They'll learn one of these days:devil:

Bull
11-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Who wins?

gobbler grad
11-16-2008, 09:10 PM
Bridgeport by a nose...21-17

LHexPlayer
11-16-2008, 09:12 PM
You got this Llano.

Budman007
11-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Mom, the folks from Bridgeport have alot of faith in their team, and some are a little over confident. They will see a different brand of smashmouth football this week and, even though they will probably win, they will have a new outlook on central tTexas football.

Llano will be one of the toughest opponents they have faced so far. It won't be that kind of game (blowout). I think Bridgeport may have to settle for scoring 28 or less.

Again, I saw Llano play Friday night and although they won and they have some good athletes, they simply don't have the horses to run with the Bulls. You folks that think central Texas football is all the rage ain't seen nothing yet!

GO BULLS!!!

augie97
11-16-2008, 10:22 PM
I know this from watching Rockdale vs. Llano and Liberty Hill vs. Brownwood, a good Slot-T team can score very quickly and keep up with an opposing high powered offense.

Daddy D 11
11-16-2008, 10:31 PM
You folks that think central Texas football is all the rage ain't seen nothing yet!

2003 and 2004 Burnet lost in the championship game. 2005 Wimberley won state and Hutto lost in state. 2006 and 2007 LH won state.

hmmmm:thinking: :rolleyes: Central Texas cant play?

OldBison75
11-16-2008, 10:33 PM
Augie, I've said it several times in this thread, the Slot T is only a scheme, the players that run it make it good. I have seen enough teams run that offense in the last few years to know that every run can become an 80 yard run. It is very much like the old wishbone or veer, alot of people ran it, but few ran it well. Llano and Caldwell run it well, Liberty Hill has perfected it.

You don't pile up 400-500 yards rushing per game on three and four yard runs.

Let them guys from up north believe it is a pure pound it out formation and see what happens. Plus, if they cheat up to fill the box, one broken tackle means a touchdown. OR a play action pass chews up alot of yards. They better be disciplined and play thier position or the Slot T will eat up the hole you just left.

augie97
11-16-2008, 11:02 PM
Oh I agree, All it is to me is Nebraska's triple option modified. Execution is the key to any offense no matter what style.

Budman007
11-17-2008, 12:22 AM
2003 and 2004 Burnet lost in the championship game. 2005 Wimberley won state and Hutto lost in state. 2006 and 2007 LH won state.

I never said Central Texas can't play. You don't have to distort my comments to make your point. It's just astounding to me how many of you Central Texas folks act as though football starts and ends in the Hill country. Believe it or not, there are teams in other areas of the state that know how to play the game also. I'm really looking forward to you folks eating some humble pie this year.

GO BULLS!!! BEAT LLANO!!!

Daddy D 11
11-17-2008, 01:23 AM
I'm really looking forward to you folks eating some humble pie this year.

The feelings mutual:D

Runnin Panther
11-17-2008, 09:28 AM
FYI, the Bulls had a whopping 2 turnovers in district play and that included a very physical Burkburnett D. Our QB has only thrown 3 picks all year. The Bulls offense is a machine both rushing and passing. My son and I watched the Llano-Glen Rose game. Glen Rose shot themselves in the foot twice with costly turnovers allowing Llano to take control. Glen Rose had absolutely no running game and their QB was very impressive against Llano's D. LLano does have a few good athletes, but will not even come close to matching up with Bridgeport. Bulls win by at least 52-13.

GO BULLS!!!

Bridgeport is a little too cocky, I think they need a dose of reality and Llano could be just the team to do it. 52-13 Please!! The Bulls should be happy if they are able to scrap out a win.

Llano wins 35- 21

Silverback 04
11-17-2008, 09:52 AM
As much as I would love to see LLano run rough-shod over the Bulls, I just don't see it happening. LLano is tough but i don't think they are quite in Bridgeports class. That said i would be a little concerned about the Bulls schedule, as stated earlier, only Burkburnett and Prosper stand out and Argyle had a pretty good record. But it ought to be interesting. Besides, I just want my Panthers to get through Vernon and then whoever would be next.

Daddy D 11
11-17-2008, 10:08 AM
I also think the Bulls will win this game, now whether it's a solid victory or they squeak one out is totally up in the air. But I do think the Bulls find a way to win this one. Anyone that thinks the Bulls will score 50 is wrong though, the game won't last that long, between Llano's clock melting offense and the incredibly balanced attack of Brdigeport I see Bridgeport winning by scoring about 4-5 touchdowns to Llanos 3.

There, I have spoken.

midline
11-17-2008, 10:16 AM
The funny thing is.... Aside from 1 maybe 2, no one from Llano is posting anything. It seems that most of you are from Bridgeport and Liberty Hill.

You gotta look out for the ol Yellow Jackets...
Calm before the Storm.

Llano 24 - 21

Daddy D 11
11-17-2008, 10:19 AM
We're just trying to support our fellow district mates:)

If all the Llano posters are going to be quiet, we will pick up the slack:thumbsup:

It's all in good fun anyways, heck you can only do this for about a month and a half... might as well get the most outta the playoff season right? :evillol:

midline
11-17-2008, 10:31 AM
We're just trying to support our fellow district mates:)

If all the Llano posters are going to be quiet, we will pick up the slack:thumbsup:

It's all in good fun anyways, heck you can only do this for about a month and a half... might as well get the most outta the playoff season right? :evillol:

Don't get me wrong - I love reading the support! I grew up in Llano and just know how the people are there. I would bet that outside of the coaches office not many people even know what 3Adownlow is. Very simple people with strong values. It's a "you reap what you sow" community. They would rather read the newspaper Sat morning than the internet all week long. I wish there more out there like it!

THAT STATEMENT IS NOT AN ATTACK ON ANY OTHER COMMUNITY! JUST A STATEMENT ABOUT LLANO AND THE PEOPLE THERE. WONDERFUL PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Budman007
11-17-2008, 10:35 AM
The deer hunting capital of Texas gets to go back to their hunting after this coming Saturday.

GO BULLS!!!:D

Bullaholic
11-17-2008, 10:49 AM
This year's Bulls team will not take anyone lightly. They have a blue-collar work ethic with white-collar savvy and a bunch of coaches who prepare them for games extremely well. I have seen no cockiness on the part of the players, just a tremendous determination to win and get the job done against all comers.

midline
11-17-2008, 11:05 AM
The deer hunting capital of Texas gets to go back to their hunting after this coming Saturday.

GO BULLS!!!:D

I heard they were going Bull Hunting......

Bullaholic
11-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by midline
I heard they were going Bull Hunting......

Better bring a lot of big guns with lots of ammo.....:D

Super_R
11-17-2008, 11:09 AM

Bandera won it in 2003.

Super_R
11-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Better bring a lot of big guns with lots of ammo.....:D
If a Spaniard dressed in funny pants and a funny hat...equipped with a red sheet and a sword can kill a bull who the hell needs ammo!

Budman007
11-17-2008, 11:26 AM
If a Spaniard dressed in funny pants and a funny hat...equipped with a red sheet and a sword can kill a bull who the hell needs ammo!

Try it without the sword!:1omg!:

BHS89
11-17-2008, 11:44 AM
As I read all the posts it is very intertaining! The Llano fans (Anti-Bull fans) and the Bull fans both. When you get right down to it, you have to throw out the fact that their schedules have their own pluses and minuses. You also have to throw out the fact that Llano appears to be a very capable team that knows how to control the clock where the Bridgeport Bulls are a high powered offense with a very good defense. Believe me folks I am a Bull fan for life and I would LOVE nothing more than to see Bridgeport win every game from here on out. BUT, like many rivalries through-out the state in high school football nothing is sacred. When the playoffs come, the kids tend to play at an increasingly high level, and it is anyones game from start to finish. Just depends who is prepaired and who wants it the most. Just my 2 cents worth.

Daddy D 11
11-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by BHS89
As I read all the posts it is very intertaining! The Llano fans (Anti-Bull fans) and the Bull fans both. When you get right down to it, you have to throw out the fact that their schedules have their own pluses and minuses. You also have to throw out the fact that Llano appears to be a very capable team that knows how to control the clock where the Bridgeport Bulls are a high powered offense with a very good defense. Believe me folks I am a Bull fan for life and I would LOVE nothing more than to see Bridgeport win every game from here on out. BUT, like many rivalries through-out the state in high school football nothing is sacred. When the playoffs come, the kids tend to play at an increasingly high level, and it is anyones game from start to finish. Just depends who is prepaired and who wants it the most. Just my 2 cents worth.

I like you:clap:

Budman007
11-17-2008, 01:54 PM
I like you:clap:

BHS89, Iwould be scared if I were you. Really scared.:eek:

Budman007
11-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Bridgeport will not score 7 TD's, they won't have the ball enough to do that. Llano will control the clock and keep it close, this game is a toss up, specially if the Slot-T gives the Bulls fits.

The SLot-T will not give the Bulls fits this week or later in the playoffs. We've got two D1 linebackers already licking their chops!

GO BULLS!!!

Silverback 04
11-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Who are your 2 D1 LB's?

Budman007
11-17-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
Who are your 2 D1 LB's?

Senior Zack Bracken (last year's all-state team, starter since freshman year) and Blake Waldrep (junior that was injured most of last year and hardest hitter on the team). Hopefully, your boys will get acquainted with them very soon.

Red&White_9x5
11-17-2008, 02:28 PM
The SLot-T will not give the Bulls fits this week or later in the playoffs. We've got two D1 linebackers already licking their chops!

GO BULLS!!!

Sure ya do. Are they D1 in your mind or have they both actually received D1 offers? Been watching high school football a long time and I have to say that finding one D1 caliber linebacker at the 3A level is difficult, and you are telling us that the Bulls have 2?????

Runnin Panther
11-17-2008, 02:28 PM
Senior Zack Bracken (last year's all-state team, starter since freshman year) and Blake Waldrep (junior that was injured most of last year and hardest hitter on the team). Hopefully, your boys will get acquainted with them very soon.

What D1 schools will they be playing for next year?

Budman007
11-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
Sure ya do. Are they D1 in your mind or have they both actually received D1 offers? Been watching high school football a long time and I have to say that finding one D1 caliber linebacker at the 3A level is difficult, and you are telling us that the Bulls have 2?????

I would never mention them as D1 if it was just in my mind. Both have recieved considerable interest. BTW, Bridgeport has sent several LB's to the D1 ranks through the years and one of them, Kyle Clifton, played in the NFL for a long time.

Red&White_9x5
11-17-2008, 02:32 PM
I would never mention them as D1 if it was just in my mind. Both have recieved considerable interest. BTW, Bridgeport has sent several LB's to the D1 ranks through the years and one of them, Kyle Clifton, played in the NFL for a long time.

Where are they going?

da bean
11-17-2008, 02:34 PM
well i know bridgeports linebackers are nothing compared to liberty hills lb's cody lattimore and brad esch, and i doubt they are going to be able to stop the slot t since they havent seen it yet....they will just get a little taste of it from llano but when liberty hill runs it thats a whole different story! its to good of a offense to beable to stop it on ur first time seeing it

Red&White_9x5
11-17-2008, 02:36 PM
I have actually seen the two LH linebackers play and they are salty.

Bullaholic
11-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Budman, we ought to stop by the LH/Vernon game in MW on the way to Stephenville Sat. and give all these LH folks a big hug.

Of course we'd be taking the chance of having a heart attack after seeing that LH Slot-T live, though. :D

Budman007
11-17-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by da bean
well i know bridgeports linebackers are nothing compared to liberty hills lb's cody lattimore and brad esch,

Of course, I would'nt expect anything in Bridgeport to compare to anything in Liberty Hill? Silly me.:rolleyes:

Bullaholic, my doctor told me to not get too excited during these playoffs. So, I'm sure I better not watch that LH slot-T just yet.

GO BULLS!!!

midline
11-17-2008, 02:46 PM

He is right. You will be hard pressed to find very many DI linebackers come from the 3A level each year. Most DII, JUCO, and even DIII colleges have them falling out of their pockets! DI schools seem to only look at 4A and 5A for LBs. Yes there are always exceptions, but this one is usually pretty consistent. There is no real substitute for a hard nosed, big, fast, aggressive LB - I think they just prefer the ones that have been playing one side of the ball and have got the ability/desire to be a LINEBACKER and nothing else. JMO

Budman007
11-17-2008, 02:49 PM
He is right. You will be hard pressed to find very many DI linebackers come from the 3A level each year. Most DII, JUCO, and even DIII colleges have them falling out of their pockets! DI schools seem to only look at 4A and 5A for LBs. Yes there are always exceptions, but this one is usually pretty consistent. There is no real substitute for a hard nosed, big, fast, aggressive LB - I think they just prefer the ones that have been playing one side of the ball and have got the ability/desire to be a LINEBACKER and nothing else. JMO

Our LB's only play one side of the ball as does everyone else on this Bull's team. I would put our LB corps up against any others in 3A and most 4A teams.

:eek:

Runnin Panther
11-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Budman, we ought to stop by the LH/Vernon game in MW on the way to Stephenville Sat. and give all these LH folks a big hug.

Of course we'd be taking the chance of having a heart attack after seeing that LH Slot-T live, though. :D

Bull heed your own warning and stay away. I would hate for you to worry yourself sick at the mere site of the mighty Panthers.
P.S. I love you Bridgeport posters, I haven’t had this much fun since the lead up to the Navasota game last year.

Red&White_9x5
11-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Our LB's only play one side of the ball as does everyone else on this Bull's team. I would put our LB corps up against any others in 3A and most 4A teams.

But, you are missing the point. No one has said that your LB's are not good. The point is to say that you have 2 D1 LB'S is a stretch. This is just very hard to believe that a school with an enrollment in the 600's has 2 LB's capable of playing at the Division 1 level.

Ranger Mom
11-17-2008, 02:56 PM
This is fun to read......but I am a pretty good judge of character...and I get a big kick out of some of the stuff that is said, that I am POSITIVE is NOT in a "joking manner!!"

:p

pirate4state
11-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
This is fun to read......but I am a pretty good judge of character...and I get a big kick out of some of the stuff that is said, that I am POSITIVE is NOT in a "joking manner!!"

:p

:evil: Yep!

midline
11-17-2008, 03:01 PM

Like I said - there are always exceptions. BUT - for the most part you will be hard pressed to find 3A LBs at the DI level. They are out there, don't get me wrong - heck I played with one in HS that is now in the NFL..... Any guesses what HS he played at???

LLANO - lol - Gotta love the irony!

Bullaholic
11-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
Bull heed your own warning and stay away. I would hate for you to worry yourself sick at the mere site of the mighty Panthers.
P.S. I love you Bridgeport posters, I haven’t had this much fun since the lead up to the Navasota game last year.

LOL. Thanks, RPanther---I think it has been pointed out that the LH and Bridgeport posters may take all of their best shots in threads 2 games before they maybe can do it for real. As long as everyone continues to take it in the spirit in which it is offered, I'm o.k. with it, and hope everyone else will enjoy riding along with us and not get bored or turned off by some admittedly outrageous stuff, no matter how long or short our playoff runs are and who ends up playing who.

BurkFan
11-17-2008, 03:09 PM
I have seen Bridgeport's linebackers and are as fast and can hit a gap quick. Lllano has all kinds of problems here in this game.

Silverback 04
11-17-2008, 03:11 PM

Kyle was my brothers summer room mate while they played together at TCU. Brother was in his wedding I think. Played for the JETS. damn good LB!

Bullaholic
11-17-2008, 03:14 PM
For all our LH and Llano friends, too:

http://www.pcpros-tx.com/cow tongue.jpg

midline
11-17-2008, 03:19 PM

LMAO - That is great

Budman007
11-17-2008, 03:22 PM

Bullaholic, you never cease to amaze me!:clap: :clap: :clap:

themsu97
11-17-2008, 05:37 PM
I have met Bracken... he was at a camp I worked at this summer... kid is outstanding... we had a fun time together... he is pretty darn good... he is definitely one of the top lb's in 3A... as far as two of them that are D1, that is a stretch... but Bracken could be...
for you LH fans, Bracken is every bit as good as Lattimore, truly he is...

solocam
11-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Llano's pass defense is weak
Bridgeport by 24

Budman007
11-17-2008, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
I have met Bracken... he was at a camp I worked at this summer... kid is outstanding... we had a fun time together... he is pretty darn good... he is definitely one of the top lb's in 3A... as far as two of them that are D1, that is a stretch... but Bracken could be...
for you LH fans, Bracken is every bit as good as Lattimore, truly he is...

Thanks for the backup, themsu97. Zack is one heck of a young man and an awesome ball player. The other LB, Waldrep, is only a junior and although he does'nt have Zack's size, he is very fast and is the hardest hitter on our D. My son is an OL for the Bulls (6'4", 275 lbs) and he maintains that he still has not gone up against any LB's as good as either of these two young men and that includes teams such as Celina, Prosper, Burkburnett, Argyle, etc. He gets to "experience" them everyday.

BHS89
11-17-2008, 06:20 PM
Budman007 maybe thats the reason the team is so well rounded! The best offense HAS to scrimmage the BEST defense and it makes them stronger and better! Kinda reminds me of the movie Rudy! He went 100% in practice because he wanted the offense to be ready for the next game............

midline
11-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the backup, themsu97. Zack is one heck of a young man and an awesome ball player. The other LB, Waldrep, is only a junior and although he does'nt have Zack's size, he is very fast and is the hardest hitter on our D. My son is an OL for the Bulls (6'4", 275 lbs) and he maintains that he still has not gone up against any LB's as good as either of these two young men and that includes teams such as Celina, Prosper, Burkburnett, Argyle, etc. He gets to "experience" them everyday.

Really... I'm surprised they crossover in practice. Most of the time you don't see 1's on 1's much (starting def vs starting off) in 3A football.

augie97
11-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Just a bit of a side note. Type both of your stud linebackers into Scouts and Rivials database and yielded no results. Hmmmm......

midline
11-17-2008, 08:18 PM
If a senior in HS hasn't already been offered or commited to a DI school this late in the year - IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. Kids are recruited these days before they are even seniors. Not an opinion - FACT. Kids that are still looking at this point were either never a DI football player to begin with (which is PERFECTLY fine - less than 1.5% are), or they have unfortunately "slipped through the cracks" and need to pursue a realistic playing situation.

I AM NOT REFERRING TO ANYONE SPECIFICALLY FROM BRIDGEPORT OR ANY OTHER SCHOOL FOR THAT MATTER. JUST STATING THE REALITIES OF TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL AND DIVISION I RECRUITING.

themsu97
11-18-2008, 08:50 AM
DI is more than just UT...

there are alot of kids that will go to like Sam or SFA that are still DI recruits... I know that Bracken has received alot of attention... on some sites the player has to register himself...

themsu97
11-18-2008, 08:54 AM
tell Zack that the coach who worked the BEars(Alex Brown) camp in CHicago said hi and that I am glad he is doing well...
but with that, I am going to pull for Llano since they are in our district

Red&White_9x5
11-18-2008, 09:32 AM
If a senior in HS hasn't already been offered or commited to a DI school this late in the year - IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. Kids are recruited these days before they are even seniors. Not an opinion - FACT. Kids that are still looking at this point were either never a DI football player to begin with (which is PERFECTLY fine - less than 1.5% are), or they have unfortunately "slipped through the cracks" and need to pursue a realistic playing situation.

I AM NOT REFERRING TO ANYONE SPECIFICALLY FROM BRIDGEPORT OR ANY OTHER SCHOOL FOR THAT MATTER. JUST STATING THE REALITIES OF TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL AND DIVISION I RECRUITING.

I have to agree with Midline here. Recruiting has changed a ton over the past 5-10 years. Signing day at the beginning of February used to be a big deal because every kid announced where they were going to school. Now kids have decided long before that point, many actually before their senior football season even ends. These days if a kid hasn't been offered anything by a D1 by October of their senior year that means they probably won't be receiving an offer

midline
11-18-2008, 10:04 AM
DI is more than just UT...

there are alot of kids that will go to like Sam or SFA that are still DI recruits... I know that Bracken has received alot of attention... on some sites the player has to register himself...

You are exactly correct - This is what I meant by "slipping through the cracks".

I have seen this first hand every year. last year we had a couple of kids that I felt like could play at a higher level than they ended up committing to. I think the important thing that these kids need to be reminded is that less than 1.5% of HS football players are going to actually play on a full athletic scholarship. Meaning - it is perfectly okay to "slip through the cracks". Find a HOME, commit yourself to it, and most importantly - FINISH (this includes finishing in the classroom, finishing in study hall, etc...). It is our jobs to graduate kids "college ready", but more importantly it is our jobs to graduate our student-athletes to be great men, husbands, and fathers. In order to do that I think you have to be REALISTIC with your kids. Honesty and Trust go a long way. Ultimately we teach CHARACTER.

Budman007
11-18-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by augie97
Just a bit of a side note. Type both of your stud linebackers into Scouts and Rivials database and yielded no results. Hmmmm......

Maybe your typing skills are lacking? Zack is listed as a SLB prospect on Scout's webite. Blake is only a junior.

Bullaholic
11-18-2008, 11:13 AM
After putting on my "serious" face this morning---LLano only lost to LH 28-17, and one of those LH scores came on a 68yd punt return reverse. LH had to work pretty hard to beat Llano. I think Llano-Bridgeport will be a close game between two excellent teams, and a great one to watch. Can't wait for Saturday after sitting for 2 weeks because of the BYE.

LHexPlayer
11-18-2008, 11:18 AM
Llano fans. Have you guys got all your runningbacks healthy and ready to play?

OldBison75
11-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Let's just get down to the nitty gritty of this game. If the players on the field will cooperate with some of us posters, Llano by 10 so the Bridgeport people can try and figure out what happened and have some real nightmares about the Slot-T.

Okay, I have said it, blast me if you want, but I have read about 150 post on several threads where the Slot-T has been dismissed by Bridgeport posters. I just have decided that even though my Aunt and Uncle lived in that great city for about 50 years and were big Bull fans, I want to see how well they digest crow.

Budman007
11-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Let's just get down to the nitty gritty of this game. If the players on the field will cooperate with some of us posters, Llano by 10 so the Bridgeport people can try and figure out whay happened and have some real nightmares about the Slot-T.

Okay, I have said it, blast me if you want, but I have read about 150 post on several threads where the Slot-T has been dismissed by Bridgeport posters. I just have decided that even though my Aunt and Uncle lived in that great city for about 50 years and were big Bull fans, I want to see how well they digest crow.

I don't believe any of us have intentionally dismissed the Slot-T. I do believe many of us believe that you and many LH folks place way too much emphasis on an offensive scheme when it really comes down to the coaching, personnel on the field, and execution.

themsu97
11-18-2008, 12:34 PM
not really budman... it does not have much to do with the scheme but how do you stop them...
then the problem comes down to that your offense almost has to be perfect...
LH you can almost guarantee will score and/or take precious time off the clock...
your offense then feels the pressure to score everytime it has the ball... kids them force things to happen which is hardly ever good... then the defense will start feeling the pressure and not play the responsibilty...
you will understand alot more once you see what it can do to you... maybe not Llano, but definitely LH

Budman007
11-18-2008, 12:55 PM
I have seen the Slot-T and our offense is efficient enough to stay with it, even moreso if our D just gets a couple of stops during the game. LH's Slot-T has obviously been stopped a few times this year from some of the games with low point production ie. Llano and West.

slpybear the bullfan
11-18-2008, 01:00 PM

Okay, Old Bison, why don't you put the shoe on the other foot. We Bridgeport posters have been listening to nothing but Central Texas fans dismiss our team for several weeks now. And all we hear is that our defense is going to crumble under the might of the Slot T. I guess we just lucked into a perfect record, played no one of importance, will be flattened by the Slot T...

If some of the Bulls posters are perceived to exhibit a lack of respect for opponents/possible opponents... they have had several good examples on here to follow. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Again, its kinda fun to talk trash, but after a while its just so much talk amongst fence posts. I am glad we get to play a game this Saturday.

GO BULLS!

Bullaholic
11-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Let's just get down to the nitty gritty of this game. If the players on the field will cooperate with some of us posters, Llano by 10 so the Bridgeport people can try and figure out what happened and have some real nightmares about the Slot-T.

So if Llano wins it will be more of a victory for the Slot-T than for Llano, and their fans will be yelling "Go Slot-T, Go Slot-T".

And why would you want to see how well your aunt and uncle digest crow?

OldBison75
11-18-2008, 01:40 PM
As you would note if you have read other threads where I have posted, I credit the system, not the formation. But, when you talk about the system, certain team examples have to be mentioned. My team, the Navasota Rattlers plays the spread. We have played slot-t teams, and spread teams this year. I don't think anyone runs the spread as well as we do in 3-a.

If you research back to last year, the week before Navasota played LH in the playoffs, myself and others from Navasota were saying much the same things we hear from you Brdidgeport guys and gals. We believed in our teams.

Then, about 14 minutes into the game, we were suddenly behind by 35 and wondering what in the hell happened. We had to eat alot of crow, and, by the way, it ain't too bad if you chase it with a good bear and some humility.

Last year I had enough crow for every meal between Thanksgiving and Christmas. This year, we don't get LH, Caldwell again, Cleveland, etc in the playoffs and therefore, it is might right to wish such a feast on another team.

You guys are the lucky chosen ones for this next couple of weeks. In all honesty, I only know what I have read about the 2008 Bulls. You may be all you believe, I hope so. But, until it is proven in the big playoff games, I will continue to be the spoon that stirs the mix.

Bullaholic
11-18-2008, 01:51 PM
Those are some pretty reasonable assessments, OldBison. We're kind of proud of how the Bulls have run the spread successfully for years, too.

BTW--you have absolutely nothing to be humble about if you manage to chase your crow with "bears"---you are one tough dude. :D

OldBison75
11-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Hell, I guess that I was drinking one when I typed that. However, after enough chasers, some of the trip to the bathroom feel like I've been chasing bears. I really ain't tough, I just say stupid things that make me sound tough.

Daddy D 11
11-18-2008, 02:20 PM
then the problem comes down to that your offense almost has to be perfect...your offense then feels the pressure to score everytime it has the ball...then the defense will start feeling the pressure

That is a really good way to put it.

Another thing is, when another teams defense is on the field more than they have been all year, they tend to get tired quicker, which only helps us.

Budman007
11-18-2008, 03:07 PM

Yea, this game is a toss up?:crazy:

Massey has Bridgeport with the No. 1 offense and No. 19 defense in the state, and Llano with the No. 35 offense and No. 49 defense. The Bulls are going to be very well prepared to dominate this game. Since LH only beat Llano 28-17, I need to revise my earlier prediction of 52-13 to more like 59-6.

GO BULLS!!!

da bean
11-18-2008, 03:22 PM

Massey has Bridgeport with the No. 1 offense and No. 19 defense in the state, and Llano with the No. 35 offense and No. 49 defense. The Bulls are going to be very well prepared to dominate this game. Since LH only beat Llano 28-17, I need to revise my earlier prediction of 52-13 to more like 59-6.

GO BULLS!!!

and this is coming from budman who thinks everything in bridgeport is number one....how do you come up with bridgeport having the No. 1 offense???

Daddy D 11
11-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Since LH only beat Llano 28-17, I need to revise my earlier prediction of 52-13 to more like 59-6.
:rolleyes:

Budman007
11-18-2008, 03:26 PM
and this is coming from budman who thinks everything in bridgeport is number one....how do you come up with bridgeport having the No. 1 offense???

It's called Massey Ratings.:doh:

da bean
11-18-2008, 03:28 PM
It's called Massey Ratings.:doh:

theres plenty of ratings i could look at and it would be different you have to go off the actual stats

Daddy D 11
11-18-2008, 03:29 PM
theres plenty of ratings i could look at and it would be different you have to go off the actual stats

You're not making any sense.

clemsmarina
11-18-2008, 03:30 PM
Okay, Old Bison, why don't you put the shoe on the other foot. We Bridgeport posters have been listening to nothing but Central Texas fans dismiss our team for several weeks now. And all we hear is that our defense is going to crumble under the might of the Slot T. I guess we just lucked into a perfect record, played no one of importance, will be flattened by the Slot T...

If some of the Bulls posters are perceived to exhibit a lack of respect for opponents/possible opponents... they have had several good examples on here to follow. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Again, its kinda fun to talk trash, but after a while its just so much talk amongst fence posts. I am glad we get to play a game this Saturday.

GO BULLS!

Actually , you can take any number of teams and insert them in every spot you said Bulls or Bridgeport.....

Budman007
11-18-2008, 03:32 PM
I was really just seeing if Daddy D 11 was awake from his nap. The Bulls expect a scrappy Llano team and are really working hard this week to get ready for them.:)

da bean
11-18-2008, 03:36 PM
You're not making any sense.

what i was saying daddy d was that there are plenty of ratings that say different things...

Daddy D 11
11-18-2008, 03:37 PM
I was really just seeing if Daddy D 11 was awake from his nap. The Bulls expect a scrappy Llano team and are really working hard this week to get ready for them.:)

I didn't take the bait:taunt: I'm always here though:devil:

Red&White_9x5
11-18-2008, 03:40 PM

GO BULLS!!!

ATTENTION... THIS JUST IN

ALL REGION ONE TEAMS HAVE OFFICIALLY GAVE UP THEIR RUN AT THE 200B STATE TITLE. That's right folks, Liberty Hill, Snyder, Sweetwater, Monahans, Llano, Greenwood have all decided to hang up the helmets and shoulder pads. Because of Budman007 and his intimidating Massey rating statistics everyone has decided that it is impossible to play on the same field as Bridgeport. Can you blame them, the Bulls have the number one offense in the state, a top 20 defense, 2 slober knocker Division one LB'S, the greatest offensive line known to man, an offensive and defensive scheme that is far more superior than any one else could possibly have.

This guy does not realize that there are some good teams left in this deal and this is the game of football where anything can happen.

da bean
11-18-2008, 03:42 PM

ALL REGION ONE TEAMS HAVE OFFICIALLY GAVE UP THEIR RUN AT THE 200B STATE TITLE. That's right folks, Liberty Hill, Snyder, Sweetwater, Monahans, Llano, Greenwood have all decided to hang up the helmets and shoulder pads. Because of Budman007 and his intimidating Massey rating statistics everyone has decided that it is impossible to play on the same field as Bridgeport. Can you blame them, the Bulls have the number one offense in the state, a top 20 defense, 2 slober knocker Division one LB'S, the greatest offensive line known to man, an offensive and defensive scheme that is far more superior than any one else could possibly have.

This guy does not realize that there are some good teams left in this deal and this is the game of football where anything can happen.

well said red & white...i have been trying to say that but couldnt explain it as well :)

Budman007
11-18-2008, 03:48 PM

Wow! Now you can be best friends with da bean.

If you happened to read my subsequent post, I was trying to flush Daddy D11 out of hibernation. Lighten up, big boy!:)

Daddy D 11
11-18-2008, 03:52 PM
I was trying to flush Daddy D11 out of hibernation.

:devil: I've just decided there's no reason to keep talking to a brick wall:speech:

sandmaster
11-18-2008, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Budman007
[B]Yea, this game is a toss up?:crazy:

""Massey has Bridgeport with the No. 1 offense and No. 19 defense in the state, and Llano with the No. 35 offense and No. 49 defense. The Bulls are going to be very well prepared to dominate this game. Since LH only beat Llano 28-17, I need to revise my earlier prediction of 52-13 to more like 59-6.""

wow budman...good one! you almost conviced me but im gona stick with llano on this one. everyone that gets on here cant help but root for llano after reading all your redicuous posts
GO JACKETS!!

Budman007
11-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by sandmaster
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Budman007
[B]Yea, this game is a toss up?:crazy:

""Massey has Bridgeport with the No. 1 offense and No. 19 defense in the state, and Llano with the No. 35 offense and No. 49 defense. The Bulls are going to be very well prepared to dominate this game. Since LH only beat Llano 28-17, I need to revise my earlier prediction of 52-13 to more like 59-6.""

wow budman...good one! you almost conviced me but im gona stick with llano on this one. everyone that gets on here cant help but root for llano after reading all your redicuous posts
GO JACKETS!!

So, I suppose you think it's a toss-up too. BTW, what is redicuous?:doh:

sandmaster
11-18-2008, 04:12 PM
uhh nah i didnt say toss up but good one again:clap: ..i just think its funny that its gonna be "domination", llano may be the underdog but i think your in for a real suprise

Budman007
11-18-2008, 04:14 PM

FOR THE RECORD: This was my serious post, the earlier post that got under everyone's skin was meant to get under Daddy D11's skin and he did'nt even take the bait. I was taking one last jab at my friend in LH before having to be away for a few days. All you Bridgeport haters and Slot-T lovers enjoy the next few days without me, but I'll be back in form come Friday!

GO BULLS!!!

sandmaster
11-18-2008, 04:20 PM
aright have fun. everyone will just miss you so much

Bullaholic
11-18-2008, 04:21 PM
FOR THE RECORD: This was my serious post, the earlier post that got under everyone's skin was meant to get under Daddy D11's skin and he did'nt even take the bait. I was taking one last jab at my friend in LH before having to be away for a few days. All you Bridgeport haters and Slot-T lovers enjoy the next few days without me, but I'll be back in form come Friday!

GO BULLS!!!

May the Slot-T Force be with you, Budman...:D

Daddy D 11
11-18-2008, 04:41 PM

GO BULLS!!!

You're leaving me:( :bigcry:

And did y'all see that? Budman called me his friend:) :inlove:

RPF2666
11-18-2008, 04:48 PM
One can only hope the stars align and there is a Bridgeport-Liberty Hill M&G in the coming weeks...!!!

Runnin Panther
11-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Stats don’t mean crap when the playoffs start. So what if you’re number 1 this or number 1 that. It doesn’t matter how many teams you beat or by how big a margin. Everyone is at square 1 when the playoffs start. If the stats were all that mattered why would we play the game.

It all comes down to individual match-ups, preparation (experience), who wants it more and a little luck.

You want to know what stats are good for giving us posters ammo launch at each other while waiting for GAME DAY to get here. So maybe they are important…:doh:

Bullaholic
11-18-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by RPF2666
One can only hope the stars align and there is a Bridgeport-Liberty Hill M&G in the coming weeks...!!!

I would enjoy that a lot....good sport folks and a great team at Liberty Hill. Hope we are fortunate enough to get far enough to have that happen.

RPF2666
11-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Amen...but it is fun to sit back and watch people go at it.

Runnin Panther
11-18-2008, 05:04 PM
May the Slot-T Force be with you, Budman...:D

I am so glad you guys are finally getting with the program. Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks. :kiss:

RPF2666
11-18-2008, 05:07 PM
I watched Liberty Hill beat Celina in '06. Their offense was good, broke 3 or 4 big plays to make the difference, but their defense was even better, making the stops when they HAD to.

Bridgeport was more impressive (in my eyes, anyway) than alot of people would like to admit in the scrimmage at Celina.

I think it would be a great game, but there is lots of football to be played to make it happen.

Bullaholic
11-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Amen...but it is fun to sit back and watch people go at it.

I hope most people feel that way, and will still manage to get in some good football discussion inbetween the silliness and carrying on.

Runnin Panther
11-18-2008, 05:32 PM
I watched Liberty Hill beat Celina in '06. Their offense was good, broke 3 or 4 big plays to make the difference, but their defense was even better, making the stops when they HAD to.

Bridgeport was more impressive (in my eyes, anyway) than alot of people would like to admit in the scrimmage at Celina.

I think it would be a great game, but there is lots of football to be played to make it happen.

Your right the defense is the reason LH has been able to win state the last two years. Defense will also determine how successful we will be this year, assuming the offense doesn’t shoot itself in the foot with penalties and turnovers.
I have been watching LH for several years now and the Panther offense has been stellar for a long time. The improvement to the defense to match the offense has been what has made the difference in the past few years.

ziggy29
11-18-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm not sure Llano wins this one -- I think they have a pretty decent chance -- but I don't see a blowout here. Someone said 52-14 Bulls? :eek:

Liberty Hill scored 28 points on Llano.

Glen Rose scored 21 points on Llano, the last 7 of which came in the last minute of play.

Those are two very potent offenses. You still think 52?

That's equal parts testimony to a pretty tough defense and to an offense that can burn clock, chew up first downs and shorten the game on almost anyone (the Bandera game being a notable exception).

I fear the Bulls; a healthy respect is important to avoid getting knocked off a high horse. I don't know that we really know how good they are, but we know they are very good; they are 10-0 and they beat Burk -- and that's pretty impressive. But there has been no team yet this year that has stopped the Jackets from racking up yards, first downs and taking time off the clock. Not one. Not LH, and not Burnet despite the score.

So I'm not predicting a Llano victory, but Llano's not the kind of team which (if it avoids turnovers and dumb mistakes) gets blown out by anyone. It's very unlikely that a team gets enough possessions against the Jackets to score 52 points, since they usually have the ball for 5-8 minutes at a time.

da bean
11-19-2008, 03:10 PM
llano 35
bridgeport 28

Ranger Mom
11-19-2008, 03:18 PM
I would enjoy that a lot....good sport folks and a great team at Liberty Hill. Hope we are fortunate enough to get far enough to have that happen.

Looking way ahead here...if Bridgeport and LH WERE to meet up..when would that be???

da bean
11-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Looking way ahead here...if Bridgeport and LH WERE to meet up..when would that be???

iam thinking 3 more weeks

Ranger Mom
11-19-2008, 03:23 PM
iam thinking 3 more weeks

What date would that be??

Reason being....my oldest son just informed me he is getting married on Dec 13th....so that day is OUT as far as football goes!!!

Darn kids!!

:mad: :mad:

Bullaholic
11-19-2008, 03:27 PM

I'm going to guess Stephenville, or maybe Mineral Wells in the Quarters Dec 5-6.

Ranger Mom
11-19-2008, 03:29 PM
I'm going to guess Stephenville, or maybe Mineral Wells in the Quarters Dec 4-5.

So...I guess it will be the semi finals I will miss!!

Bullaholic
11-19-2008, 03:32 PM
So...I guess it will be the semi finals I will miss!!

If you have something else planned for Dec 12-13, probably.

Ranger Mom
11-19-2008, 03:49 PM
If you have something else planned for Dec 12-13, probably.

Yeah....I said something about it a couple of posts above.

My son informed me that he and his fiance are getting married on the 13th!!

blaster
11-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Where are they going?

OSU has been watching Bracken very close this year and it is my understanding that the Aggies are looking at Waldrep.

exbull
11-19-2008, 06:00 PM
"Looking at Bridgeport on tape, they are the best team we have seen in my four years at Llano," said LHS coach David Yeager, who has led Llano to the playoffs each of the last four years.

This is a quote from Llano's coach in the Wise County Messenger.

Hasnt Llano played Liberty Hill already this year? How could he say that the bulls are the best team he has seen in his four years? According to the Liberty Hill people who post on here Bridgeport is by far the easiest game that any team could play this year. I figured he Yeager would say something like this would be a cake walk because we have the mighty slot T on our side.

solocam
11-19-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm telling ya,Bulls roll in this one

LHexPlayer
11-19-2008, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by exbull
"Looking at Bridgeport on tape, they are the best team we have seen in my four years at Llano," said LHS coach David Yeager, who has led Llano to the playoffs each of the last four years.

Hasnt Llano played Liberty Hill already this year? How could he say that the bulls are the best team he has seen in his four years? According to the Liberty Hill people who post on here Bridgeport is by far the easiest game that any team could play this year. I figured he Yeager would say something like this would be a cake walk because we have the mighty slot T on our side.

It's called COACHSPEAK. Llano rolls on to victory.

LH Panther Mom
11-19-2008, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
It's called COACHSPEAK.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Daddy D 11
11-19-2008, 08:33 PM
According to the Liberty Hill people who post on here Bridgeport is by far the easiest game that any team could play this year.

We have never said that, nice try though:rolleyes:

After the LH game, I'll be driving through Stephenville to catch the second half of the Llano game, hope it's a good one:thumbsup:

Who-dun-it!!?
11-19-2008, 09:47 PM

I thought Brownwood had the # 1 offense in 3A?:confused:

LH Panther Mom
11-19-2008, 10:13 PM
We have never said that, nice try though:rolleyes:

I'm kinda confused about that myself.

GO JACKETS!

Super_R
11-19-2008, 10:27 PM

Yeager was quoted in this weeks Yellow Jacket Post. In it he said, "I like my steaks medium well...but, this week I'll eat em raw." He then went on to say, "The only good bull is a dead bull."

And since it was in print it must be true!

BullsFan
11-19-2008, 10:51 PM
From this week's Wise County Messenger:

Wow. I know Llano has played some good teams, but according to the coach, we're the best he's seen yet. And since it's in print... :D

Daddy D 11
11-19-2008, 11:16 PM
Yeager was quoted in this weeks Yellow Jacket Post. In it he said, "I like my steaks medium well...but, this week I'll eat em raw." He then went on to say, "The only good bull is a dead bull."

And since it was in print it must be true!

Save me a seat Saturday?

BleedOrange
11-19-2008, 11:25 PM
It sounds as though Bridgeport and Liberty Hill, despite their posts to the contrary, believe that they will ultimately meet. Sounds like a recipe for disaster along the way. Better pay attention or someone may get find themselves watching from the sideline. Now we can hear some pontification about why this is just banter and it ultimately the boys who play the game. The boys hear the fans and they start to believe what has been said/written. Y'all's veiled arrogance is hilarious. I prefer the Brownwood posters who at least call it like they see it whether or not misguided. :devil:

slpybear the bullfan
11-19-2008, 11:32 PM
If ANY of the posters here were playing the game, then it would be a train wreck. Luckily, no one here will be playing.

I know that the Bridgeport coaches and players, (and would think the same for LLano), are not looking any further than who they play that week. The coaches have been scouting, planning, and practicing hard for Llano.

Not LH.

Not any rabid fans.

And not just an offensive scheme.

Good luck to all and I cannot wait! GO BULLS!

BullsFan
11-19-2008, 11:33 PM
I promise you our boys don't hear any of the fans at this board, except possibly Budman's son. None of the rest of us have kids playing, and none of the team post here. (Most of the posters here have kids who are in elementary school...) I can't imagine where else you think the boys would hear fans talking about any upcoming opponents.

But for the most part, I agree that it's a HUGE mistake to look past anyone, because that's the one that's going to get past you. I sincerely hope neither our coaches nor our boys are making that mistake. I speak only for myself, but there's no arrogance, veiled or otherwise, on my part. I end up a nervous wreck at ANY game we play. (That goes for Cowboys games as well.) As for some of my fellow Bulls fans, I think there's a difference between confidence and arrogance. I've never played football, but I would think you have to approach a game believing that you can win it before you will.

ETA: If you're referring to my earlier post about the coach's comments, I really honestly couldn't resist that one. I think that's the closest to smack talk that I've ever come. But it was just so easy...

LH Panther Mom
11-19-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
It sounds as though Bridgeport and Liberty Hill, despite their posts to the contrary, believe that they will ultimately meet. Sounds like a recipe for disaster along the way. Better pay attention or someone may get find themselves watching from the sideline. Now we can hear some pontification about why this is just banter and it ultimately the boys who play the game. The boys hear the fans and they start to believe what has been said/written. Y'all's veiled arrogance is hilarious. I prefer the Brownwood posters who at least call it like they see it whether or not misguided. :devil:
Sounds like you've learned this from experience this year? :thinking: :thinking:

I personally have said it before, so in case YOU missed it, I'm saying it again. Liberty Hill is playing Vernon this week. That is MY only concern and is my son's and the rest of the Panthers only concern. We plan to stop in Stephenville on the way home, because we have to drive through there anyway. We (hubby, son's g/f & I) will be there to SUPPORT Llano.

BleedOrange
11-19-2008, 11:43 PM
Sounds like you've learned this from experience this year? :thinking: :thinking:

I personally have said it before, so in case YOU missed it, I'm saying it again. Liberty Hill is playing Vernon this week. That is MY only concern and is my son's and the rest of the Panthers only concern. We plan to stop in Stephenville on the way home, because we have to drive through there anyway. We (hubby, son's g/f & I) will be there to SUPPORT Llano.

No not from any experience of MINE (I guess I had to do that because YOU did it for some unkown reason). But it appears I hit a nerve which means I am hitting close to home. Good luck to LH but I am just calling them like I see them.

Centextrash
11-19-2008, 11:48 PM
Having seen both teams play, I think Llano will move the ball on Bridgeport, just not stop the bulls enough.

Bulls 42
Jackets 21

BleedOrange
11-19-2008, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
I promise you our boys don't hear any of the fans at this board, except possibly Budman's son. None of the rest of us have kids playing, and none of the team post here. (Most of the posters here have kids who are in elementary school...) I can't imagine where else you think the boys would hear fans talking about any upcoming opponents.

But for the most part, I agree that it's a HUGE mistake to look past anyone, because that's the one that's going to get past you. I sincerely hope neither our coaches nor our boys are making that mistake. I speak only for myself, but there's no arrogance, veiled or otherwise, on my part. I end up a nervous wreck at ANY game we play. (That goes for Cowboys games as well.) As for some of my fellow Bulls fans, I think there's a difference between confidence and arrogance. I've never played football, but I would think you have to approach a game believing that you can win it before you will.

ETA: If you're referring to my earlier post about the coach's comments, I really honestly couldn't resist that one. I think that's the closest to smack talk that I've ever come. But it was just so easy...

I was bored and thought some pot stirring was needed.

BullsFan
11-20-2008, 01:37 AM
I was bored and thought some pot stirring was needed.

LOL. Totally. I think I'm way too easily stirred.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-20-2008, 05:10 AM
i agree lol

OldBison75
11-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Whether your players and coaches post or not, they know what is being said on this forum. A survey of players and coaches will make you realize that almost every player has heard about this forum and most may not post, or even be registered, but they read the posts. You don't know how many take any of it to heart. I have talked to coaches and players from other teams all year that say they read about what was said on this forum before a game. They also say, almost unanimously that they have bulletin board postings in thier school from this forum or their coaches have referred to posts on here during the week.

It may not be anything but banter, but the kids do hear and see what we say. So, support your team, talk a little smack, but be realistic as possible and never count anybody completely out of any game. Your team might take your confidence to heart and overlook someone. NOT POINTED AT ANY TEAM OR POSTER_JUST FACT FOR EVERYONE TO THINK ABOUT!!!!

Bullaholic
11-20-2008, 10:00 AM
Folks, I think the 3ADL is read far and wide in 3A Texas football circles, and I think we, the posters, give ourselves a little too much credit sometimes, but I don't think that 20 devoted fans, or so, posting in a game thread will be taken that seriously by anyone outside of the forum. Remember that when we post on this forum we repesent no one but ourselves, despite some claims to the contrary, and are solely accountable for what we post. It is our world and we have a lot of fun with it, and in it, and I personally enjoy every post whether it is outrageous smack, rabid team support, or serious football talk as long as it is not personal or mean-spirited. So let us continue to poke fun and try to one up each other and have a lot of fun before, during, and after the games. Gametime can never come early enough for us or our teams.

OrangeChamps
11-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Posting on these, or any other HS Football boards is usually in fun and games, but fact of the matter is they are read by fans and players alike. Bison your exactly right, and I can attest to that from personal experience not too many years ago on the old pigskin prep boards in the late 90's - early 2000's.

Probably not all teams/players pay attention to these boards, but the majority of those that do are from the teams in the spotlight. It is foolish to believe that players from LH, Celina, Gilmer, Bridgeport, WOS, etc. are not seeing what is posted in this forum. Especially this time of year. Now whether or not they let it affect them personally is up to them and their coaches.

slpybear the bullfan
11-20-2008, 11:36 AM
+1 on believing that what is said on here may get back to players and coaches.

-1 on believing that they worry much about it. You don't make it to the second season by game planning for the posters on the 3ADL.

44INAROW
11-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by OrangeChamps

Probably not all teams/players pay attention to these boards, but the majority of those that do are from the teams in the spotlight. It is foolish to believe that players from LH, Celina, Gilmer, Bridgeport, WOS, etc. are not seeing what is posted in this forum.

I don't have any idea if players from the above teams read forums and message boards but quite of few from a little town in South Texas named Cuero do - but it's like you said - it's just for some good reading to get through the week while waiting on game-time The games are played on the field and not by the message-posting fans........;)

Oh, and I think the Bulls win this one:p

pirate4state
11-20-2008, 11:50 AM
+1 on believing that what is said on here may get back to players and coaches.

-1 on believing that they worry much about it. You don't make it to the second season by game planning for the posters on the 3ADL.

:eek: :eek: You don't?!?!?!?! Say it isn't so! :D

Some of these posts have cracked me up. You've got someone from Celina talking to others about "veiled arrogance" being hilarious!!! Now that's FUNNY! I guess the difference is they don't try to hide their arrogance! :eek:

slpybear the bullfan
11-20-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: :eek: You don't?!?!?!?! Say it isn't so! :D

Some of these posts have cracked me up. You've got someone from Celina talking to others about "veiled arrogance" being hilarious!!! Now that's FUNNY! I guess the difference is they don't try to hide their arrogance! :eek:

Yeah, I have pretty much been cracking up at some of these comments about arrogance... i.e. "What makes your town think it is good... OUR TOWN will kick your towns arse..." LOL.

Thats almost as good as all the posts that go something like.... "Yeah, well you guys suck, your team sucks, your parents suck, your grandparents suck, and you smell funny." followed by two posts later... "I was just stirring the pot and didn't mean a thing by it." :rolleyes:

pirate4state
11-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I have pretty much been cracking up at some of these comments about arrogance... i.e. "What makes your town think it is good... OUR TOWN will kick your towns arse..." LOL.

Thats almost as good as all the posts that go something like.... "Yeah, well you guys suck, your team sucks, your parents suck, your grandparents suck, and you smell funny." followed by two posts later... "I was just stirring the pot and didn't mean a thing by it." :rolleyes:

Well they can! GAH!
:D

OrangeChamps
11-20-2008, 12:08 PM
p4s, I'm starting to believe you have a personal vendetta against the Celina Faithful on here! Of course I have very little experience on the 3a boards so I could be totally mistaken, lol!! I find it amusing how often Celina and Arrogance run together. For some it may be hitting the nail on the head, but as for the majority, Celina has some of the most prideful yet respectful people in the world. I believe Celina has earned that right. No different than LH has earned that right over the past couple years. I see the same pride from them; however, I don't consider it to be arrogance where some might.

RPF2666
11-20-2008, 12:19 PM
I agree with OC, there are a select few, for lack of a better term 'IDIOTS' who create a stereotype for the majority of posters on the boards from ALL the towns.

Celina has their fair share, no question.

The overwhelming majority of people and student athletes from Celina are second to none.

RPF2666
11-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Oh, and good luck Llano and Bridgeport! Almost forgot what thread this was!!!

pirate4state
11-20-2008, 12:51 PM
p4s, I'm starting to believe you have a personal vendetta against the Celina Faithful on here! Of course I have very little experience on the 3a boards so I could be totally mistaken, lol!! I find it amusing how often Celina and Arrogance run together. For some it may be hitting the nail on the head, but as for the majority, Celina has some of the most prideful yet respectful people in the world. I believe Celina has earned that right. No different than LH has earned that right over the past couple years. I see the same pride from them; however, I don't consider it to be arrogance where some might.

I just call 'em like I see 'em. I'm not sure how that equates to a personal vendetta, but okay!

The bottom line is EVERY town has it's fair share of posters/fans that are arrogant about something.

You shouldn't always have to be proclaiming you are the best. If you truly are, people know and that should be enough, but it isn't and here we are!

Back to the thread....Good Luck Bulls! Good Luck Jackets! May the best team win!

Ranger Mom
11-20-2008, 01:00 PM

How do you see it as a personal vendetta??

The truth hurts????

Most of the more "arrogant" posters haven't showed their little faces since that first Celina loss this season.

The ones that came back and got their crow seem to to be the more "normal" ones!!:p

OrangeChamps
11-20-2008, 01:10 PM
Nah, it's just funny everytime a Celina poster points out another teams boasting, ya'll are so quick to reflect that Celina is nothing but arrogant, sore losers. I'll be the first to tell you that Celina got their butts kicked on more than one occasion this year, and all the praise to the other teams. At the same time, I still believe the Bobcats are one of the best teams in the state and if they play up to their potential they will be playing for a few more weeks. At the same time, if they lose tomorrow, I will be on these boards letting Kennedale know what a good job they did and how our boys should keep our heads up.

Ya'll are quick to judge many by the actions of a few. If you ever catch me on these boards proclaiming that the Bobcats are the best team in the state and no one can ever beat them and blah, blah, blah. I'll gladly resign. Until then, keep your arrogant comments to the deserving...j/k...but seriously!

BleedOrange
11-20-2008, 01:21 PM
How do you see it as a personal vendetta??

The truth hurts????

Most of the more "arrogant" posters haven't showed their little faces since that first Celina loss this season.

The ones that came back and got their crow seem to to be the more "normal" ones!!:p

I am sure glad I stirred this one up. All I can say is this one individual's truth is another individuals fiction and one individuals pride is arrogance to others. All that said we can sure have fun pointing out our own perceptions.

With regard to vendettas I have no opinion other that using phrases such as "little faces" kind of makes one believe there is some deep rooted dislike for the orange. I guess success breeds many things...dislike, fear, respect and numerous posts on the downlow.

DaHop72
11-20-2008, 01:23 PM
I agree with OC, there are a select few, for lack of a better term 'IDIOTS' who create a stereotype for the majority of posters on the boards from ALL the towns.

I have room in my boat, not many seats taken. :evillol: :evillol:

da bean
11-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Posting on these, or any other HS Football boards is usually in fun and games, but fact of the matter is they are read by fans and players alike. Bison your exactly right, and I can attest to that from personal experience not too many years ago on the old pigskin prep boards in the late 90's - early 2000's.

Probably not all teams/players pay attention to these boards, but the majority of those that do are from the teams in the spotlight. It is foolish to believe that players from LH, Celina, Gilmer, Bridgeport, WOS, etc. are not seeing what is posted in this forum. Especially this time of year. Now whether or not they let it affect them personally is up to them and their coaches.

iam from liberty hill i know many of the football players look at this cause me and one of the football players created this profile...so yes the football players do pay attention to what is said but the real business is taking care on the football field

LH Panther Mom
11-20-2008, 06:32 PM
iam from liberty hill i know many of the football players look at this cause me and one of the football players created this profile...so yes the football players do pay attention to what is said but the real business is taking care on the football field
Sucks to be both of ya'll then! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

CHS_89
11-20-2008, 06:36 PM
Sucks to be both of ya'll then! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LOL! Go Bridgeport!!

lange4
11-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Does Bridgeport print programs for the playoffs because aparrantly Llano does not. The game against Glen Rose, I never saw a roster anywhere. I have one that I have used all year but it lacks late year move ups and JV players. Yes we have some JV players that are contributing in the playoffs. I am just wondering if I go to your side that you will have rosters for your team being passed out. By the way, who thinks like I do that a roster is incomplete if it does not have heights and weights on it. P.S. our cheerleaders are resposible for the programs.

slpybear the bullfan
11-20-2008, 08:30 PM
You know, I cannot remember if we do or not... I will try to ask one of the cheerleaders and boosters and see if they know...

LH Panther Mom
11-20-2008, 08:33 PM
By the way, who thinks like I do that a roster is incomplete if it does not have heights and weights on it.
I do, but ours haven't included our height/weight in many years.

lange4
11-20-2008, 09:35 PM
I just want to say that Llano fans are very proud of the way the Jackets have played this year. Being picked 5th in the district (although nobody from Llano believed that except ziggy) made the boys set out to prove that they were to be respected. I believe, no, I know, they acomplished that. The game against Bridgeport is another challange that the Jackets are going to have to step up and meet. I believe they have it in them. Granted they are going to have to play a near flawless game, but I believe they have it in them. I hear that Bridgeport does not play anybody both ways. We do. Those players are really going to have to step it up, fatigue cannot be a factor. I do not believe it will be, they have worked extremely hard, I want to say since august, but I know it started way before that. PROUD TO BE A JACKET FAN

Thefan1
11-21-2008, 12:05 AM
Llano loses this one by 14. Close for 3 quarters then 2 bombs.

Gobbla2001
11-21-2008, 12:13 AM
A better poll would have been "How many people can say Llano correctly?"

I got in a big arguement with someone over this once...

Hill Man
11-21-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
A better poll would have been "How many people can say Llano correctly?"

I got in a big arguement with someone over this once...

Correclty - Lahno ;)

most say - Layno:thinking:

lange4
11-21-2008, 09:19 AM
just say land with a silent d and o lan-o

Texasfootball2
11-21-2008, 09:22 AM
just say land with a silent d and o lan-o

Or pronounce it like the wine they make in Lubbock.

Yawn-oh!:D

OldBison75
11-21-2008, 09:39 AM
There has been alot of banter and bragging on this thread all week. Now, game time is quickly approaching. The weather Gods have provided some typical football playoff weather. The stage is set for a matchup of a great offense from Bridgeport, that can put up points in a hurry. A efficient offense from Llano that grinds out scores and eats up clock. A strong defense from Bridgeport that has the speed to swarm to the ball and a Llano defense that is very solid and can create problems for the opponent with a strong front line.

This week will tell the state alot about both teams. Is Bridgeport the team that they seem to be, a high scoring offensive machine with a defense that can consistently hold opponents down? Is Llano the team that can control the clock against a good team and end long drives with scores? Does the Llano defense have enough overall strength to force Bridgeport out of their comfort zone and make them take chances?

This could turn into a very good game and have both sides looking for the one break that opens up the game.

Good luck to both teams and may the winner walk away with pride and the loser hold up their heads and say we lost to a better team on this night. GOD I LOVE HS FOOTBALL AT PLAYOFF TIME!!!!!!!!!!

Bullaholic
11-21-2008, 09:55 AM
I am glad that the Bulls have the opportunity to meet a fine Llano team in the playoffs. As I stated all season, I am particuliarly glad that we are getting to meet new teams early in the playoffs---that is good for HS football.

Best of luck to both teams for a clean, hard-hitting, injury-free game in Stephenville on Saturday night.

May the Year of the Bull continue it's great run.....Go Bulls!

Runnin Panther
11-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan

Bullfan is trying to peddle some Bull paddy on part of this post. :eek:

I find it really hard to believe that none of Bridgeport football players are reading (and discussing among themselves) some of the stuff being said on these message boards. I’m not saying it has any impact on the outcome of the games but I think it’s unrealistic to think that kids don’t read this stuff, its part of the fun and hype. I know the coaches tell them to stay off these sites but they know the kids look at what being said, so do the coaches. I think they get as much of a kick out of it as we do. I also think the coaches use these boards to help motivate their kids sometimes. I know before the LH/Navasota game last year the boys were off the chart pumped waiting to play that game and I know some of the excitement was coming from the stuff being said back and forth on these boards. They couldn’t wait to get out there and prove themselves. That’s why we have the moderators to keep us in check when we start getting carried away. ;)

Budman007
11-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Go Bulls!!! Beat the Jackets!!!

Bullieve It!!!

BullsFan
11-22-2008, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
Bullfan is trying to peddle some Bull paddy on part of this post. :eek:

Who, me? ;)

Actually, I have discovered that there's a whole lot more Bulls fans than this Bullsfan was aware of lurking around here. I just wish more of them would come out of the woodwork and POST already. :)

(As to footballs players lurking around here, they may be reading--but I still think games are mostly decided on the field and rarely decided on an internet BBS. Here's hoping I'm right tomorrow night!)

wtfootball
11-22-2008, 01:20 AM
Your opponent awaits you, fully motivated and ready to play. We love December football out West. If you have as good a game as Monahans and Snyder did tonight, that will be saying something. See one of you next week!

GOMEANGREEN

BurkFan
11-22-2008, 09:39 AM
To all the Bulls fans and Bullaholic....Go BULLS! You guys are a great team. You do our district proud and we will all show that OUR district will be a dominating force for years to come!

"Ich bin ein Bull":2thumbsup

Ranger Mom
11-22-2008, 09:54 AM
I am sure glad I stirred this one up. All I can say is this one individual's truth is another individuals fiction and one individuals pride is arrogance to others. All that said we can sure have fun pointing out our own perceptions.

With regard to vendettas I have no opinion other that using phrases such as "little faces" kind of makes one believe there is some deep rooted dislike for the orange. I guess success breeds many things...dislike, fear, respect and numerous posts on the downlow.

Not a deep rooted dislike for the orange at all, there are several Celina posters that I like very much....on the other hand, the arrogant, mouthy, "we will NOT be beat" posters have evidently found some other way to spend to their time after that first loss because they darn sure haven't been back here!!

I'm sorry if I think it's funny when those kinds of posters who continually "talk out of their butts" experience a loss and then they are "no shows" for the rest of the season!! At least Rocket came back and ate the many dishes of crow that was served to him...over and over again!!

Which....is why I have no problem, whatsoever, with Rocket!! He has much respect from me!:D

Okay....back to the topic!!

Budman007
11-22-2008, 02:50 PM
2008 Bridgeport Bulls---Taking Care of Business!!!

Llano Fans: Fasten your seatbelts---the greatest show on turf is coming to town!

GO BULLS!!!

wtfootball
11-22-2008, 03:22 PM
I thought the greatest show on Turf was Snyder????
Anyway, is there a link where we can catch the game on line tonight?

Budman007
11-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by wtfootball
I thought the greatest show on Turf was Snyder????
Anyway, is there a link where we can catch the game on line tonight?

OK. 2nd greatest show on turf. Don't know of a link, maybe someone else does.

BullsFan
11-22-2008, 03:50 PM
No webcast that I'm aware of, and the last time I heard us on the radio it was a station out of Wichita Falls, I think. 89.1 maybe?

But Robert Morgan will be liveblogging from here: http://www.wcmessenger.com/football/

If nothing else you can keep up with the score.

wtfootball
11-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Thanks bullsfan, see you guys next week!
Blow em out toinght!