PDA

View Full Version : WO-S vs Caldwell (split from Coldspring thread)

augie97
11-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Hornets better get their popcorn ready, cause it sounds like that Mustang defense is stout!

WOS87
11-15-2008, 09:21 PM
WOS 36
Coldspring 8
Final

Caldwell here we come >:-)

gobbler grad
11-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Hornets better have a game plan...and alot better than the Coldspring had tonight...that defense is pretty stout...

Maroon87
11-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
WOS 36
Coldspring 8
Final

Caldwell here we come >:-)

The download should be buzzing with this matchup...:thinking:

augie97
11-15-2008, 09:28 PM
I know this from experience Caldwell will show up and play hard. Everyone knows also that the slot t is hard on defenses. Ball control, clock management, anything is possible.

Global Swarming
11-15-2008, 09:34 PM
We'll be just fine. If we run our offense like we usually do, it might be a long night for the WOS defense. We can't make mistakes and hope to keep it close. We have to use ball control and eat the clock and score everytime we touch the ball. I think alot of people who don't give us much of a chance might be surprised.

Global Swarming
11-15-2008, 09:35 PM
Maybe we can have some people get there early and flood the field like we did against Cameron lol.

ProudHornetMom
11-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Congratulations WOS. :clap: Sounds like a great game. We're awaiting the call to see where and when we'll play. Will post when we have the info.

Buckeye80
11-15-2008, 09:43 PM
And hopefully, we will be awaiting your victor! The reward gained by the winner of the WOS vs Caldwell game is a date with the Gilmer Buckeyes (assuming all goes well)!:D

augie97
11-15-2008, 10:03 PM
what a lucky treat that will be

griff
11-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
We have to use ball control and eat the clock and score everytime we touch the ball.

If scoring every time you touch the ball is how you hope to win, it won't happen. I expect a good game, but no way does WO-S give up that kind of point production to a running team.

Looking forward to Friday night!

Global Swarming
11-16-2008, 10:09 AM
I guess the time and date has been set. Can someone tell me where and when this game will take place? I haven't heard anything yet.

OldBison75
11-16-2008, 10:12 AM
This could be one of the best games this week. The Caldwell Offense can move the ball on anyone, even West Orange Stark. The Stark defense will make them earn every yard. And, Stark better not underrate the Caldwell passing game, they don't pass often, but can hurt you if you take a nap on coverage.

The Caldwell defense will have to play well and the offense can't turnover the ball. WOS will have to make the best of every offensive opportunity and come away with some points. This could come down to a missed extra point or a two point conversion.

I think it will be close, very close. Because Caldwell had the extra week, and was able to watch WOS live, I'll give Caldwell the edge, 21-20.

I believe it will be at the Woodlands on Friday night

LH Panther Mom
11-16-2008, 10:45 AM
I guess the time and date has been set. Can someone tell me where and when this game will take place? I haven't heard anything yet.
West Orange-Stark (D21) vs Caldwell (D24): Friday, 11/21, 7:00 pm, Woodforest Stadium, The Woodlands (Conroe ISD) stadium link (http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1151)

click - stickies are your friend (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=89451)

WOS87
11-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75

I think it will be close, very close. Because Caldwell had the extra week, and was able to watch WOS live, I'll give Caldwell the edge, 21-20.

I believe it will be at the Woodlands on Friday night

Caldwell has been giving up an average of 23 points per game after 9 games played.

WO-S has been giving up an average of 5 points per game after 9 games played with no team scoring more than 13 points against them in a single game.

I therefore fully expect WO-S to be able to score more than 23 points against them and I will be surprised to see them score more than 2 touchdowns against WO-S.

Necks_Fan
11-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Caldwell has been giving up an average of 23 points per game after 9 games played.

WO-S has been giving up an average of 5 points per game after 9 games played with no team scoring more than 13 points against them in a single game.

I therefore fully expect WO-S to be able to score more than 23 points against them and I will be surprised to see them score more than 2 touchdowns against WO-S. Leave it to the stat guy.

Say, WOS87... what does your power Rankings have WO-S as favored to win by?

2 Tds?

I'm just curious.

Are you going to put out a list of PREDICTIONS before this weeks game based on your rankings?

Global Swarming
11-16-2008, 12:41 PM

I therefore fully expect WO-S to be able to score more than 23 points against them and I will be surprised to see them score more than 2 touchdowns against WO-S.

I don't doubt that despite our 6-3 record. This will be the toughest game for WOS all year. Stopping the slot t is alot different than stopping the power I or other running games. I'm not saying that we're going to win this game. As a matter of fact I have my doubts. But our running game is based on precision and not power. It's a good thing the games aren't played on paper or we would be toast.

griff
11-16-2008, 04:32 PM
I don't doubt that despite our 6-3 record. This will be the toughest game for WOS all year. Stopping the slot t is alot different than stopping the power I or other running games. I'm not saying that we're going to win this game. As a matter of fact I have my doubts. But our running game is based on precision and not power. It's a good thing the games aren't played on paper or we would be toast.

Yes, I agree this will be the toughest matchup for the Mustangs so far. Equally interesting is that this will be the best run defense Caldwell will see this year. Friday can't come soon enough!

ProudHornetMom
11-16-2008, 07:54 PM
We're planning a big tailgate party...unless the weather plays havoc. Y'all come join us, that would be fun. This will be new territory for both teams. I don't think Caldwell and W-OS has ever played against each other and I can't remember if we've run against y'all in track.

pirate4state
11-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Wish I could watch this one, but I'm happy to be watching my Pirates play on Friday. :)

As always good luck to my buddies at WO-S! :2thumbsup

44INAROW
11-16-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Wish I could watch this one, but I'm happy to be watching my Pirates play on Friday. :)

As always good luck to my buddies at WO-S! :2thumbsup

good Luck to both teams - great fans from both teams. I think WOS wins this game by 13.........I hope I am wrong......;)

Daddy D 11
11-16-2008, 11:20 PM
WOS by 4 TD's.

ProudHornetMom
11-16-2008, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
WOS by 4 TD's.

Daddy D, you're killing me. :(

Daddy D 11
11-16-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Daddy D, you're killing me. :(

I'm sorry:( I knew I'd probably upset some folks with that prediction, but it's just my gut feeling, and lucky for you that's all it is. I have no known knowledge that leads me to that.

Now that all my buddies have graduated from Caldwell, I'm no longer a Hornet bandwagoner haha.

Crimestick
11-16-2008, 11:42 PM
I'm a WO-S grad and die-hard, but Caldwell is a special place to me. My mom grew up across from the baseball fields on Alligator, and my grandparents lived there up until my grandmother passed away this year. I spent summers helping my grandfather (who was groundskeeper) clear out the bullfrog population at the Hus School with my pellet gun and have been to many a service at the Presbyterian Church downtown (as has my three-year-old son).

I love Caldwell. I went to countless Hornet games with my grandfather when I was a little kid.

He also went to a few WO-S games and became a big fan, including our state title loss at Kyle Field in 88.

West Orange-Stark has not given up more than 13 points to a single team this season, and that was to a 4A second-round playoff team. We scored 66 or 67 points on three district opponents and have given up less than 50 points the entire season.

I will say only this: if Caldwell is going to beat WO-S, they will win it through the air. They won't beat the WO-S defense with the run, whether they run the slot-t, wing-t, wishbone, hollamomma-G, or whatever. Count the number of blue-and-silver helmets in on the tackles.

Can Caldwell win? Yes. My prediction? WO-S by 21-plus - and that's from a Mustangs fan, but one with close, close ties to Caldwell (I was a patient of Dr. Smith's - the guy with the sculptures in his yard - for many years, and I spent many, many hours of my life at the old train depot and the nearby park - the one with the lion and tinman swings and the old, rusted helicopter. Hell, I have Polaroids of me in that chopper before a single hint of rust. Cross the tennis courts, pass the baseball fields, cross the street and you're on my grandmother and grandfathers' front porch swing, where I have a bazillion lifelong memories.) I love Caldwell. The Stangs will dominate.

WOS1
11-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Hey T, since you know the town so well, maybe we can go sneak into the school and file down their turf shoes Thursday night... LOL :p

GUNHO
11-17-2008, 09:20 AM

The slot t is that the offense that other team...let me see...can't think who...oh yeah Liberty,Liberty uh...Hill that's it.:D
Seriously, I'm concerned about the slot t.I don't think we have played anyone that uses it.Played a team that ran the spread...an offense we weren't familar with at that time in the state 4A game in 2000.We had a heck of a defense then too.Before we knew it they put up 30 pts. in the first half.We made adjustments at the half and held them to seven the second half but the damage had already been done that we couldn't overcome.So i'm a little gunshy about seeing an offense for the first time.I think the first half might belong to the Hornets and hope they don't score a lot of points so wo-s will have a chance to win it in the second half.Ofcorse this is just my thoughts and really dosen't mean a heck of a lot.This should be a good game.

Global Swarming
11-17-2008, 09:25 AM
Nice post Crimestick. I can remember those days oh so well myself. I have been here my whole life and have spent countless hours at the Santa Fe park. But I have to disagree with you about the game. I've seen the stats of WOS and I'm impressed. But I just don't think WOS can just line up against our offense and shut it down. If they do it's going to be a long night and a short stay in the play-offs for the Hornets. WOS might very well win, but I don't think it's going to be a dominating effort by WOS. It's a good thing the game is played on the field and not on paper or we wouldn't have a chance. Good luck to both teams Friday night and I hope that everyone has a safe trip.

Global Swarming
11-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Yes Gunho we do run the Slot T. We are averaging well over 400 yards a game rushing. We have 3 running backs you have to key on. Most offenses just feature one back that you have to stop. We have 3 backs you have to stop. It's going to be very tough for WOS on Friday. We'll come at them from different directions with misdirection plays. If the defense doesn't take care of their responsibilities look out. I don't know if a week is enough to fully grasp how our offense is run. I hope the Hornets can pull it out by we'll just have to wait and see.

87 TIGER
11-17-2008, 09:39 AM
Go Hornets, I believe yall can do it . Ball control/keep their offense off the field and the defense on their heels D-24 across the board Rattlers, Tigers, and Hornets.

Maroon87
11-17-2008, 11:14 AM
We're planning a big tailgate party...unless the weather plays havoc. Y'all come join us, that would be fun. This will be new territory for both teams. I don't think Caldwell and W-OS has ever played against each other and I can't remember if we've run against y'all in track.

Who is the home team? The stadium is about 5 minutes from my house and I plan on going.

setxsports
11-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Game time 7:30 changed from 7.

setxsports
11-17-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Who is the home team? The stadium is about 5 minutes from my house and I plan on going. Caldwell is the home team.

Global Swarming
11-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Cool that will give me a little more time to get there. Plus we have cool looking home uniforms. Thanks for the info.

GUNHO
11-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Cool that will give me a little more time to get there. Plus we have cool looking home uniforms. Thanks for the info.

We are about 144 miles from there.How far is it for yall Global.

bigYoe
11-17-2008, 02:53 PM
Maybe we can have some people get there early and flood the field like we did against Cameron lol.

Thats not something i would admit to. That was a pretty crappy thing to do.

pirate4state
11-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by bigYoe
Thats not something i would admit to. That was a pretty crappy thing to do. Ya gotta let it go.....sheesh...

Go 'Stangs!

Global Swarming
11-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by GUNHO
We are about 144 miles from there.How far is it for yall Global.

I'm guessing about 80 miles maybe. Not as far as y'all obviously. I'm hoping that everyone from Orange as well as Caldwell have a safe trip both ways. Looking forward to seeing y'all play haven't seen your team before.

da bean
11-17-2008, 03:50 PM
WOS is so overrated

GUNHO
11-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Yeah.I know.:kiss: Don't know why that bothers you.:hand:

ProudHornetMom
11-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Who is the home team? The stadium is about 5 minutes from my house and I plan on going.

Caldwell is home team. Come join us!:D

ProudHornetMom
11-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick
I'm a WO-S grad and die-hard, but Caldwell is a special place to me. My mom grew up across from the baseball fields on Alligator, and my grandparents lived there up until my grandmother passed away this year. I spent summers helping my grandfather (who was groundskeeper) clear out the bullfrog population at the Hus School with my pellet gun and have been to many a service at the Presbyterian Church downtown (as has my three-year-old son).

I love Caldwell. I went to countless Hornet games with my grandfather when I was a little kid.

He also went to a few WO-S games and became a big fan, including our state title loss at Kyle Field in 88.

West Orange-Stark has not given up more than 13 points to a single team this season, and that was to a 4A second-round playoff team. We scored 66 or 67 points on three district opponents and have given up less than 50 points the entire season.

I will say only this: if Caldwell is going to beat WO-S, they will win it through the air. They won't beat the WO-S defense with the run, whether they run the slot-t, wing-t, wishbone, hollamomma-G, or whatever. Count the number of blue-and-silver helmets in on the tackles.

Can Caldwell win? Yes. My prediction? WO-S by 21-plus - and that's from a Mustangs fan, but one with close, close ties to Caldwell (I was a patient of Dr. Smith's - the guy with the sculptures in his yard - for many years, and I spent many, many hours of my life at the old train depot and the nearby park - the one with the lion and tinman swings and the old, rusted helicopter. Hell, I have Polaroids of me in that chopper before a single hint of rust. Cross the tennis courts, pass the baseball fields, cross the street and you're on my grandmother and grandfathers' front porch swing, where I have a bazillion lifelong memories.) I love Caldwell. The Stangs will dominate.

I enjoyed your post and we now know there is a WO-S - Caldwell tie. ;) I respect your honest take even if I disagree with it. You understand I'm backing my Hornets.

Come join us for the tailgate party. You'll see alot of you kin folks I bet...or at least some new Caldwell friends.

Maroon87
11-17-2008, 05:05 PM
Caldwell is home team. Come join us!:D

I might do that.

One notable thing I noticed about this stadium from the game I attended there is that there's no way to walk from home side to visitors side...they're completely fenced off, so a scoreboard M&G is most likely out of the question unless we can bribe some Shenandoah cops.;)

IHStangFan
11-17-2008, 05:12 PM
WOS by 17.

solocam
11-17-2008, 06:00 PM
WOS wins by 24

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2008, 08:33 PM
STING 'EM, SWARM!!!

ProudHornetMom
11-17-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks LHPM.

Duck was really pumped after films and practice. ;)

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Thanks LHPM.

Duck was really pumped after films and practice. ;)
Good deal! Tell him hi! :)

WOS1
11-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Hey, are Mustang fans welcome at your tailgate party? If so, what time?

Gunho... Don't be so worried about the offense. This isn't like the spread when it came out. The Slot T and the Wing T are, pretty much, the same. Some of the teams WOS has faced that use the same offense:

Vidor
Hamshire Fannette
Giddings
Coldspring
Kirbyville
Bridge City
Kerrville Tivy (back in the day)
Newton

These teams either run it or run a version of it. Now, I don't doubt Caldwell is very good at what they do, but this is not something new that our coaching staff is unfamiliar with. They have faced it many times before.

This offense is about misdirection, trickery and endurance.

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2008, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
This isn't like the spread when it came out. The Slot T and the Wing T are, pretty much, the same. Some of the teams WOS has faced that use the same offense:

Giddings

I guess I learned something new today! I didn't realize the Option was a form of "a T".

WOS1
11-17-2008, 09:46 PM
The Wing T is the base offense. The option is a play ran from the base offense and many other types of offenses. It is run out of the T, the Spread, The I, Power I, Wishbone etc. It's a play, not an offense.

And actually, the times we've played Giddings, they very seldom actually run the option play. They basically have the QB follow the full back thru the hole. They set it up to look like the option to freeze the defensive end, but they rarely actually run it.

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2008, 09:49 PM
The Wing T is the base offense. The option is a play ran from the base offense and many other types of offenses. It is run out of the T, the Spread, The I, Power I, Wishbone etc. It's a play, not an offense.

And actually, the times we've played Giddings, they very seldom actually run the option play. They basically have the QB follow the full back thru the hole. They set it up to look like the option to freeze the defensive end, but they rarely actually run it.
Thank you! I try to pay attention, but I admit I don't have enough savvy to know near enough. It's always good to learn. :)

WOS1
11-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Hey, I understand, I've spent half my life playing, coaching or watching the game and I still miss stuff. It's a complicated game.:D

Crimestick
11-17-2008, 09:58 PM
I enjoyed your post and we now know there is a WO-S - Caldwell tie. ;) I respect your honest take even if I disagree with it. You understand I'm backing my Hornets.

Come join us for the tailgate party. You'll see alot of you kin folks I bet...or at least some new Caldwell friends.

I'll try to be there for the tailgate. I could very well be wrong in my assessment. I just know that WO-S has been, over the last several decades, been outstanding at shutting down some of the best running attacks in the state. I guess we'll see come Friday. I'll be upset if the Mustangs lose - obviously - but at least my heart will be eased in the knowledge that it's a team I connect with somehow.

Still, I think the WO-S D will adjust to the Slot-T and shut it down by the third quarter (in which we have yet to allow a point). Go Chain Gang Defense!

rhino1877
11-17-2008, 10:09 PM
I don't think there is an offense that the DC has not seen in his time at WOS!

Necks_Fan
11-17-2008, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by rhino1877
I don't think there is an offense that the DC has not stopped in his time at WOS! :thumbsup:

I fixed it for ya. :)

WOS1
11-17-2008, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by rhino1877
I don't think there is an offense that the DC has not seen in his time at WOS!

No doubt!

griff
11-17-2008, 11:41 PM
If I can get there early enough, I hope to meet some of you tailgaters from Caldwell. I always enjoy putting faces with user names.

Everyone drive safely and best wishes to both teams!

pirate4state
11-17-2008, 11:54 PM
The WOS bunch are some of the best people you will meet! :2thumbsup yall should definitely get together! don't forget the camera!! :)

Necks_Fan
11-17-2008, 11:57 PM
I can imagine WOS87 with his pants REALLY high, suspenders, and some sweet bifocles...... just because of the unending knowledge, but I know he's probably just like the rest of us and a really cool down to earth kinda guy.

Would like to meet him and the rest of the WOS peeps. :) :) :cool:

WOS1
11-18-2008, 09:01 AM
Oddly enough, most of us WOS posters have no idea who he is or what he looks like either. I know he lives in the Htown area, but other than that, he's a mystery to us. So, we would love to meet him as well. Pretty much, all of the WOS folk on here know who one another are but him...:eek:

bigYoe
11-18-2008, 09:07 AM
Should be a good game and as much as i want Caldwell who represents 24-3A to win i do believe WOS will win this one. I've seen some highlights of them and their defense looks stought and very quick. As long as their D stays fresh and quick i believe they can stop Caldwell. All though Caldwell's offense seems to get better throughout the game and they can run good on dry OR wet fields so be prepared WOS. Good luck to both teams.

GUNHO
11-18-2008, 09:45 AM

Gunho... Don't be so worried about the offense. This isn't like the spread when it came out. The Slot T and the Wing T are, pretty much, the same. Some of the teams WOS has faced that use the same offense:

Vidor
Hamshire Fannette
Giddings
Coldspring
Kirbyville
Bridge City
Newton

These teams either run it or run a version of it. Now, I don't doubt Caldwell is very good at what they do, but this is not something new that our coaching staff is unfamiliar with. They have faced it many times before.

Thanks for the info wos1.When I hear slot t I think Liberty Hill and we all know how well they run it.I think any team that is not concerned about their opponet at this stage is foolish to say the least.

CHS_Grad '85
11-18-2008, 10:06 AM
...I think any team that is not concerned about their opponet at this stage is foolish to say the least. Amen... :clap:

88bobcats
11-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Oddly enough, most of us WOS posters have no idea who he is or what he looks like either. I know he lives in the Htown area, but other than that, he's a mystery to us. So, we would love to meet him as well. Pretty much, all of the WOS folk on here know who one another are but him...:eek:

I know who he is, but I couldn't get him away from the hospital at which he works for last year's game v. Giddings at Pearland. He's a Rice grad. and a doctor, but I don't want to "out" him if he wants to remain "anonymous".

Maybe we can convince our hero to make the trip toward Conroe this Friday!?!?

WOS1
11-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the info wos1.When I hear slot t I think Liberty Hill and we all know how well they run it.I think any team that is not concerned about their opponet at this stage is foolish to say the least.

I think everyone is very concerned with Caldwell. You made the statement that you were afraid it was going to be like the first time we saw the spread. I was just letting you know that we've seen and played the Slot T before... that was, in no way, trying to insinuate someone wasn't concerned about them.

WOS1
11-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
Maybe we can convince our hero to make the trip toward Conroe this Friday!?!?

Have him stop off at The Woodlands first...;)

GUNHO
11-18-2008, 01:41 PM
I think everyone is very concerned with Caldwell. You made the statement that you were afraid it was going to be like the first time we saw the spread. I was just letting you know that we've seen and played the Slot T before... that was, in no way, trying to insinuate someone wasn't concerned about them.

It's cool,wasn't ment to be directed at you.It's for the one's that think their team might have it in the bag...not just the wo-s/caldwell game.

ProudHornetMom
11-18-2008, 02:00 PM

Vidor
Hamshire Fannette
Giddings
Coldspring
Kirbyville
Bridge City
Newton

Of course you're welcome...you're 3adownlow family aren't you? We probably aren't the most exciting group but we're friendly and hospitable. Come join us. We're planning on beginning at 5:00 -5:30 in the home parking lot.

Global Swarming
11-18-2008, 02:04 PM
I think you're going to be surprised at the chunks of yards the backs will get with this offense. You never know who the QB is going to hand off to. Woolverton alone has rushed for 500 plus yards just in the last 2 games. We are averaging well over 400 yards a game rushing. I know that something's got to give in this match-up. But if you think that you can show up, line up, and beat us you might be in for a long night. I know hardly anyone gives us much of a chance to win. But that will probably benefit us more than hurt us. I'm sure we will pull out all the stops because we have nothing to lose. Good luck to WOS Friday. I hope all of you have a safe trip to and from the game.

GUNHO
11-18-2008, 03:16 PM
[. I know hardly anyone gives us much of a chance to win. e [/B]

That's why we play on the filed.All those stats want win one game.If you remember a couple of years back,Gilmer was thought to be unstopable and lost in the first round.On any given night a team can get caught looking ahead.I don't think Caldwell or the wo-s coaches are doing that and you know that's what they are telling their kids as well.I'm all fired up and can't wait.Great defense against a great offense.

Global Swarming
11-18-2008, 03:36 PM
That's why we play on the filed.All those stats want win one game.If you remember a couple of years back,Gilmer was thought to be unstopable and lost in the first round.On any given night a team can get caught looking ahead.I don't think Caldwell or the wo-s coaches are doing that and you know that's what they are telling their kids as well.I'm all fired up and can't wait.Great defense against a great offense.

You're absolutely right. If the game was played on paper, we might as well stay home. Anything can happen. That's why it will be an interesting game on Friday night. If our offense is clicking your defense will be on the field for a long time. That will affect the 2 way players.

Buckeye80
11-18-2008, 05:59 PM
If you remember a couple of years back,Gilmer was thought to be unstopable and lost in the first round.

Damn!!! Y'all just can't let that game go can ya!!!?:D

WOS87
11-19-2008, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I can imagine WOS87 with his pants REALLY high, suspenders, and some sweet bifocles...... just because of the unending knowledge, but I know he's probably just like the rest of us and a really cool down to earth kinda guy.

Would like to meet him and the rest of the WOS peeps. :) :) :cool:

Okay, here's me in the Guinness Brewery in Dublin with my friend Ciaran who lives there. I do not own a pair of suspenders and my glasses are NOT bifocals. If you want to see a close-up version of me then come to the Woodlands on Friday and I will more than likely be there wearing the same exact hoodie.

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/stats/wos87guiness.gif

GUNHO
11-19-2008, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Damn!!! Y'all just can't let that game go can ya!!!?:D

Sorry.But hey.We all have a game we would like to forget don't we.

pirate4state
11-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Sorry.But hey.We all have a game we would like to forget don't we. Yep, I'm guessing one of WOS' is the '04 loss to Huffman ;) I know it shocked the hell out of me & a few others on this board!

GUNHO
11-19-2008, 11:02 AM
Yep, I'm guessing one of WOS' is the '04 loss to Huffman ;) I know it shocked the hell out of me & a few others on this board!

Now how did know that was coming?:p :kiss: :D

pirate4state
11-19-2008, 11:08 AM
Now how did know that was coming?:p :kiss: :D :D

It's all good. Been there, done that and I even have a t-shirt. :cool:

88bobcats
11-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Over the past few years, the teams that were able to challenge or beat WO-S had speed to match or out-run them. Wimberley and Waco La Vega could out-run the Mustangs; and Giddings had speed to match.

It sounds like Caldwell has a superb power-run game; but if they can't out-run the Mustangs, I don't think they can win. The Hornets will certainly grind out some yardage. Only Friday night will tell, but I don't think they'll get the 400 yards they've been averaging.

Maroon87
11-19-2008, 12:04 PM
I didn't read the whole thread...are there any plans for a M&G? If ya'll can get there kinda early there's a Hooter's and a Buffalo Wild Wings within a mile from the stadium.

Either way I plan on going and hopefully meeting lots of Caldwell and WOS folks!:thumbsup:

GUNHO
11-19-2008, 12:22 PM
There's only one team that we really just couldn't stop and that was the 05 state champs Wemberley.All of our other playoff loses we contained fairly well but were unable to capitalize on it.It seems our achilles(sp) heal is we trend to run the same plays over and over and a good defense will eat you up.If we don't make the big plays we are accustom to it makes for a long night.
I look for Caldwell to make some yardage but not near as much as their use to and for us to add some diversity to our play calling
hopefully.

pirate4state
11-19-2008, 12:29 PM
and for us to add some diversity to our play calling
hopefully. good luck with that ;)

pirate4state
11-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Of course you're welcome...you're 3adownlow family aren't you? We probably aren't the most exciting group but we're friendly and hospitable. Come join us. We're planning on beginning at 5:00 -5:30 in the home parking lot.

^^ M&G tailgate for Maroon87 :D

Maroon87
11-19-2008, 01:24 PM
^^ M&G tailgate for Maroon87 :D

LOL thanks...:cool:

WOS1
11-19-2008, 08:42 PM
The teams you've mentioned were not faster than WOS. WOS had some terrible playcalling mixed in with some very poor execution along with good play by the opposing teams. Those losses had nothing to do with speed.

ProudHornetMom
11-20-2008, 06:10 PM
Tailgate will hopefully begin at 5:00 in Home parking lot. Dress warm, come meet, greet and eat.

Here's to another Friday of great football, travel mercies and no injuries.

Our fans will be zooming from Volleyball playoffs in San Marcos to the football game. I wish all save travel.

See you tomorrow night!

zebrablue2
11-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Tailgate will hopefully begin at 5:00 in Home parking lot. Dress warm, come meet, greet and eat.

Our fans will be zooming from Volleyball playoffs in San Marcos to the football game. I wish all save travel.

See you tomorrow night!

good luck to caldwell in both games on friday. :2thumbsup:

1st and goal
11-20-2008, 08:19 PM
I'm rooting for our neighbor Caldwell team. Good luck. Play hard.

WOS will be bringing it too. I'd like to see this game.

HawkEye
11-20-2008, 09:53 PM
I didn't read the whole thread...are there any plans for a M&G? If ya'll can get there kinda early there's a Hooter's and a Buffalo Wild Wings within a mile from the stadium.

Either way I plan on going and hopefully meeting lots of Caldwell and WOS folks!:thumbsup:

According to the Burleson County Tribune:

Caldwell has rushed for 3,855 yards and 512 pashing yards for a total of 4367 (average of 485.2/GM). They led 24-3A in total offense, outgaining the Navasota Rattlers (3, 972 total yards, 421.3/GM). The Hornets finished 2nd in 24-3A in total defense, behind Navasota. Caldwell allowed 1,396 rushing and 1,088 passing..or 276 yards/GM.

Kysan Woolverton is the teams leading rusher with 1354 yards, 12 TD's, averaging 7.74 yards/carry. Halfback Nelson Scott has 1,095 yards and 14 TD's (9.95 yards/carry).

We'll see who can stop who? Caldwell put up these numbers against the likes of Cameron, Rockdale and #4 in the state Navasota.

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2008, 10:03 PM

See you tomorrow night!

Have fun tailgaiting.

Good Luck & Go Swarm!

WOS87
11-20-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by HawkEye
According to the Burleson County Tribune:

Caldwell has rushed for 3,855 yards and 512 pashing yards for a total of 4367 (average of 485.2/GM). They led 24-3A in total offense, outgaining the Navasota Rattlers (3, 972 total yards, 421.3/GM). The Hornets finished 2nd in 24-3A in total defense, behind Navasota. Caldwell allowed 1,396 rushing and 1,088 passing..or 276 yards/GM.

Kysan Woolverton is the teams leading rusher with 1354 yards, 12 TD's, averaging 7.74 yards/carry. Halfback Nelson Scott has 1,095 yards and 14 TD's (9.95 yards/carry).

We'll see who can stop who? Caldwell put up these numbers against the likes of Cameron, Rockdale and #4 in the state Navasota.

I guess we shall see won't we? :)

The vast majority of our defense from '07 returned this year (and our DC has been around for quite a bit longer than that) and we've met teams with equal stats or better than the above and have been able to shut them down...

2007 4A State Semifinalist Dayton (14 points)
2007 3A #1 AP Ranked Giddings (19 points)
2007 3A Quarterfinalist Waco La Vega (20 points)

Crimestick
11-20-2008, 11:45 PM
I won't say Caldwell can't shock us and run all over us, but I would be stunned if they got 400. That would double the rushing yardage that WO-S has allowed on the season so far. I'll say this much, and I think my WO-S bretheren and those who have followed us will concur: Score what you can in the first half, because the second half will be much less loose. Only two of the six tds we've given up this year came after halftime, and both were in games that were pretty much over.

Should be a fun game!

Crimestick
11-20-2008, 11:54 PM
Just look what we did to this sideline reporter on the night we upset Giddings.

link removed.....lhpm

Maroon87
11-21-2008, 03:35 AM
Hey WOS and Caldwell posters...PM me your numbers so we can all meet up Friday night.

Trust me...I'm not a psycho. Ask Rita...she's met me twice and is still alive.:D

CHS_Grad '85
11-21-2008, 10:38 AM
According to the CaldwellISD's (http://www.caldwell.k12.tx.us/education/district/district.php?sectionid=1) website, the game will be carried oon 94.1 FM...

setxsports
11-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick
Just look what we did to this sideline reporter on the night we upset Giddings.

link removed.....lhpm :eek: :hand:

pirate4state
11-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Hey WOS and Caldwell posters...PM me your numbers so we can all meet up Friday night.

Trust me...I'm not a psycho. Ask Rita...she's met me twice and is still alive.:D

HAHA

Jeff, aka, Maroon87 is a stand up guy! :)

ProudHornetMom
11-21-2008, 01:31 PM
HAHA

Jeff, aka, Maroon87 is a stand up guy! :)

I figure he can't be any worse than our own unusual multi-named personality. There are times that a complete stranger seems more safe...and this is one of those times. ;)

Gobbla2001
11-21-2008, 01:34 PM

Don't believe him... remember when Gp83 all of the sudden went missing? he typed this same message to him the day prior...

Maroon87
11-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Don't believe him... remember when Gp83 all of the sudden went missing? he typed this same message to him the day prior...

Nope...that was a different message altogether.;)

Gobbla2001
11-21-2008, 01:44 PM
oh, my bad, got confused... you had sent him "oh no, please don't leave me" :p