View Full Version : cleveland vs rockdale

nasa1
11-16-2008, 06:20 PM
when and where?

OldBison75
11-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Friday Night 7:30
Kyle Field in College Station

And, to get the ball rolling, Cleveland is undefeated and Rockdale would have been in any other district. Rockdale will give Cleveland all they want and more. Look for Rockdale to have great fan support and play to the crowd. Rockdale is very balanced and has a really tough defense. Rockdale by 7.

martwayne
11-16-2008, 06:33 PM
i am a navasota rattler fan and went to the navasota/rockdale game and rockdale gave my rattlers all they could handle so i see rockdale prevaling in this one
rockdale 31
cleveland 24

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Rockdale has an excellent run support defense. Navasota and run happy Caldwell can 2nd that. Cleveland will run, run, and run some more. Rockdale will be prepared without a doubt.

Rockdale 22
Cleveland 18

Good luck to the Tigers!

ProudHornetMom
11-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Not to mention Rockdale's strength on the line and endurance. They don't wear down or give up and they don't get rattled easily. I'm going with the Tigers as well.

RTigMom
11-16-2008, 07:31 PM
District 24 was well represented this year. Good luck to Caldwell and Navasota throughout the playoffs.

Dogman_1969
11-16-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm hoping for a Caldwell - Rockdale rematch in a few weeks. I say we play in Cameron?????

ProudHornetMom
11-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
I'm hoping for a Caldwell - Rockdale rematch in a few weeks. I say we play in Cameron?????

I just spit my drink. That's good, really good. Sounds like a plan to me. We can flip for home side. Make sure you bring flippers and snorkels. :D

Dogman_1969
11-16-2008, 08:06 PM
Sure, or we could just all bring our chairs and boycott the stands???

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
I just spit my drink. That's good, really good. Sounds like a plan to me. We can flip for home side. Make sure you bring flippers and snorkels. :D

:clap:

navscanmaster
11-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Man, I want Rockdale to win, and I am rooting for them. I think Cleveland takes this one though, 22-14. Good luck to Rockdale and prove me wrong, please.:(

navscanmaster
11-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Sure, or we could just all bring our chairs and boycott the stands???
Not a bad idea, actually.:D :clap:

augie97
11-16-2008, 09:46 PM
Once again Rockdale will face another Slot T, I think that we can handle it

OldBison75
11-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Guys, if a Caldwell vs Rockdale game came about, playing in Cameron would be hilarious. Please play on the opposite night of the Rattlers so we can come to the game.

augie97
11-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Maybe we can get Cameron to water down the field for that game

OldBison75
11-16-2008, 10:25 PM
Cleveland will be ready and is not going to be easy to beat. They are well coached and play very hard from gun to gun. I think the schedule was pretty good to them this year and that might be the downfall of this team in the playoffs. Rockdale is battle tested and has played a pretty tough schedule including Caldwell, Navasota, and Cameron. All are quality teams and the rest of the schedule was not bad.

Rockdale will bring it all night., and they have seen enough Slot T to have a good idea how to control it. They have a good speed and power running combo and can pass the ball too.

I've already picked Rockdale.

NOTE TO ROCKDALE: Since you are playing in Kyle Field--break the mold of maroon teams having bad days in that field.

Dogman_1969
11-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Rockdale is Royal Blue and Old Gold but plans to play well.

Folks forget that Rockdale started off with Llano (playoff winner in round 1), also played Taylor and Caldwell who ran versions of the Slot T. This by no means counts for anything this Friday night. The Tigers need to come ready to play......

bigYoe
11-17-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by augie97
Maybe we can get Cameron to water down the field for that game

No we wont even water down our field to get a win so we especially wont do that for a playoff game. I really doubt though if it came down to it that a Rockdale/Caldwell game would be in Cameron.

ronwx5x
11-17-2008, 09:17 AM
The Pig calls it Cleveland by 13. Can we trust a pig?

KngKongInDTrunk
11-17-2008, 09:21 AM
Can We get a Poll on this thing?

OldBison75
11-17-2008, 09:45 AM
Oh believe me, I know Rockdale is not maroon, I still see blue and gold in my dreams after how tough you guys played Navasota. Take away the first quarter and it was a dogfight. I just want somebody to take the hex off of Kyle Field for the local teams (TAMU). Maybe if a Brazos Valley team wins there, the hex will be broken.

Rockdale will be too much run defense for Cleveland. If Cleveland can't find a decent passing game in this one, Rockdale rolls into the next round.

pirate4state
11-17-2008, 09:56 AM
I like what Cleveland has done this year, but Rockdale has experience defending the slot-t. Cleveland might be in trouble. :thinking:

Buckeye80
11-17-2008, 10:14 AM
Cleveland 33
Rockdale 14

Rockdale has a horrible night on both sides of the ball. Indians roll!

rockdale80
11-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Cleveland 33
Rockdale 14

hahahaha...you wish...

pirate4state
11-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Could a Gilmer-Rockdale game be brewing? :D :D :D

ronwx5x
11-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Cleveland by 10 or more.

bigYoe
11-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Cleveland 33
Rockdale 14

Rockdale stopped Caldwell's Slot-T and I havent seen anyone run it better than Caldwell except for Liberty Hill. Rockdale takes this one. Good luck D24

Johnny Utah
11-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Tigers defeat the Indians!!! Sealy wins as well!!! Ya boy!!!

JasperDog94
11-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Since there are no Cleveland folks on this board (that I know of) I will say Cleveland by 7. That and the fact that they have a really good team this year.:)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-17-2008, 01:46 PM
I for one am glad that I'm not going to have to travel but a couple of blocks to get into this game. That and I'm not going to have to pay to get in. :)

TripleH
11-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Rockdale 21
Cleveland 20

trojandad
11-17-2008, 09:29 PM
cleveland in a close one based on a year long defensive show...defense wins these, based on lombardy anyway.....:D

navscanmaster
11-17-2008, 09:45 PM
It will be a low scoring affair, I am sure. I don't think the Indian D will collapse, but Rockdale had better not come out like they did against Cameron, because the Slot-T will put it on you in a heartbeat. Go Tigers!!!

Budman007
11-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
because the Slot-T will put it on you in a heartbeat. Go Tigers!!!

Yikes, there it is again! Rockdale might as well fold up their tents right now. It's the dreaded Slot-T again! All this Slot-T boasting is giving me tired head.:vrycnfsd:

navscanmaster
11-17-2008, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Budman007
Yikes, there it is again! Rockdale might as well fold up their tents right now. It's the dreaded Slot-T again! All this Slot-T boasting is giving me tired head.:vrycnfsd:

Good grief, it is only true. Lay back on defense and see if that offense doesn't hurt you. Unfold your tents and start the campfire, the boys need their marshmallows this week!

HEMOTOXIC
11-18-2008, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Budman007

Have ya'll ever played the likes of Liberty Hill, Cleveland or Caldwell, all who run some version of the Slot T? Well, Navasota played all three last season. And, I tell you, its no fun trying to stop. Im guessing that slot T had something to do with Liberty Hill's back to back championships. :D

venomous tat2
11-18-2008, 04:25 PM
The Rock will bring to the table what the first 10 teams Cleveland played didn't and that's the ability to defend the slot -T and the wing - T . They are not gonna give up and they sure as hell won't quit but I think they ( Rock ) will win in a nail biter .

OldBison75
11-18-2008, 06:25 PM
There is probably no better team to face the Cleveland Indians right now than Rockdale. It should be understood that Rockdale has played Liberty Hill, Caldwell, Giddings, Llano, and several other versions of the slot-t and wing-t over the last couple of years. I can also say that Rockdale was probably the most successful at slowing down this type of offense. They have the size, speed, and discipline on defense to disrupt the flow of this running game.

The key, in my opinion, will be the ability of the Rockdale Offense to put together a few solid scoring drives to take up some time of possession and rest that defense. With the multiple threat offense they have, it is very possible.

I still think Rockdale pulls the upset this week and beats undefeated Cleveland.

augie97
11-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Just got done watching the Cleveland game film, and will just say this hmmm......

navscanmaster
11-19-2008, 12:22 AM
Just got done watching the Cleveland game film, and will just say this hmmm......

Speechless, huh!?

48minutes
11-19-2008, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Have ya'll ever played the likes of Liberty Hill, Cleveland or Caldwell, all who run some version of the Slot T? Well, Navasota played all three last season. And, I tell you, its no fun trying to stop. Im guessing that slot T had something to do with Liberty Hill's back to back championships. :D

Giddings loved Caldwell's slot t last year.

Liberty Hill on the other hand, ther are just excellent at what they do. Nothing else to say about it.

87 TIGER
11-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Just got done watching the Cleveland game film, and will just say this hmmm...... Whats that mean? Elaborate please

pirate4state
11-19-2008, 10:24 AM
Just got done watching the Cleveland game film, and will just say this hmmm...... :thinking: :thinking: things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm :D

augie97
11-19-2008, 05:58 PM
I will just say this, if Cleveland plays like they did in their first playoff appearance, Rockdale should, and I say should win by 21. No knock on Cleveland, but their are two types of undefeated, Alabama undefeated and Ball State undefeated. I think that Cleveland is good team but not a great team. I see them as average. That is just one man's opinion.

thepatriot
11-20-2008, 12:09 PM
I know first hand that Cleveland is very physical on defense, they are just so DANG fast. Offensively they attack you inside or outside. They have a couple of running backs that are huge and are hard to be bring down not to mention the other backs that can take it to the house from anywhere on the field. It will take a really good team to beat Cleveland and from what I have heard about Rockdale they aint got what it takes. Good luck to the indians. (tribe by 21)

rockdale80
11-20-2008, 03:39 PM
I will just say this, if Cleveland plays like they did in their first playoff appearance, Rockdale should, and I say should win by 21. No knock on Cleveland, but their are two types of undefeated, Alabama undefeated and Ball State undefeated. I think that Cleveland is good team but not a great team. I see them as average. That is just one man's opinion.

It is amazing what being undefeated can do for a teams momentum though. They are undefeated for a reason.

GO TIGERS!!

87 TIGER
11-20-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by thepatriot
I know first hand that Cleveland is very physical on defense, they are just so DANG fast. Offensively they attack you inside or outside. They have a couple of running backs that are huge and are hard to be bring down not to mention the other backs that can take it to the house from anywhere on the field. It will take a really good team to beat Cleveland and from what I have heard about Rockdale they aint got what it takes. Good luck to the indians. (tribe by 21) What have you heard?

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2008, 05:36 PM
It will take a really good team to beat Cleveland and from what I have heard about Rockdale they aint got what it takes. Good luck to the indians. (tribe by 21)

Now, that's the funniest post that I have read in a while.:clap:

ProudHornetMom
11-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Now, that's the funniest post that I have read in a while.:clap:

I'm giggling as well!;)

augie97
11-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Apparently what ever it was that you heard was very incorrect and misleading. I watched the team patriot and I will say that we are watching too different teams. The one that I watched on film is not all that it has been hyped up to be. IMHO.

augie97
11-20-2008, 09:10 PM
1 little....2 little......3 little Indians......... TIGER score!!!!!!!!!

augie97
11-20-2008, 09:11 PM
4 little......5 little...........6 little Indians.....TIGER score!!!!!!!!

augie97
11-20-2008, 09:12 PM
7 little...............8 little............9 little Indians.....TIGERS score!!!!!!

augie97
11-20-2008, 09:13 PM
10 little.................Indians boys...............TIGERS Score!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dogman_1969
11-20-2008, 10:27 PM
10 little.................Indians boys...............TIGERS Score!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that's funny stuff. I don't care who you are........

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!

augie97
11-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Well it's about 2 1/2 hours till kickoff. Gettin ready to load up the troops and head to Kyle Field. Good luck to the Tigers and the rest of D-24.

cameron91
11-21-2008, 07:12 PM
broadcast el linky ?........anyone..............

cameron won their first basket ball game last night.. go yoe.......:D

rockdale80
11-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by cameron91
broadcast el linky ?........anyone..............

cameron won their first basket ball game last night.. go yoe.......:D

www.krxt.com

GO TIGERS, HORNETS, AND RATTLERS!!!

87 TIGER
11-22-2008, 02:48 AM
I know first hand that Cleveland is very physical on defense, they are just so DANG fast. Offensively they attack you inside or outside. They have a couple of running backs that are huge and are hard to be bring down not to mention the other backs that can take it to the house from anywhere on the field. It will take a really good team to beat Cleveland and from what I have heard about Rockdale they aint got what it takes. Good luck to the indians. (tribe by 21) Again, what have you heard patriot?The backs were pretty good but weve had to deal with Pratt & Whaley they are both way better than the Indian RB's. I will give you this the defense was pretty good.

augie97
11-22-2008, 09:34 AM
I know first hand that Cleveland is very physical on defense, they are just so DANG fast. Offensively they attack you inside or outside. They have a couple of running backs that are huge and are hard to be bring down not to mention the other backs that can take it to the house from anywhere on the field. It will take a really good team to beat Cleveland and from what I have heard about Rockdale they aint got what it takes. Good luck to the indians. (tribe by 21)

Cleveland managed a mere 147 total yards. 60 if which came on there only scoring drive. Now correct if I am wrong but that is having what it takes to get the job done!

Dogman_1969
11-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Hey Augie old Patriot can't talk right now he is picking the crow out of his teeth..........

augie97
11-22-2008, 10:46 AM
I got some toothpicks if he needs 'em.

ProudHornetMom
11-22-2008, 10:49 AM
Congratulations Tigers! :clap: :clap: :clap:

OldBison75
11-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Congratulations to the Rockdale Tigers on a great performance. The Tigers were in a very tough district and overlooked by alot of people. I guarante you that anyone that played them in district this year knows that they are a really good team with a really good defense. Now everyone knows that they can play with the best.

They have conquered one unbeaten team and now must face Carthage. This will be a battle that most will again under estimate the Tigers. The tiger have the type defense to keep the Carthage attack in check. Don't be surprised if they pull another upset.