PDA

View Full Version : Playoff game attendance?

Mcguirk
11-16-2008, 03:16 PM
I'm not knocking anyone from Estacado, but last night attendance/support for the Matadors was horrible. There were probably had less than 100 people in the stands. This didn't show much support for a team that played all out until the end. Has anyone ever seen such poor attendance/support for their team? I went to a 1A game this year where the visitng team drove 170 miles and they brought at least 50 people. Just wondering........

Old Green
11-16-2008, 03:21 PM
I seen bad attendance for teams from large cities a lot. There is too many side interests for teams coming out of cities. In small towns and towns with one team it is a social event for the weekend and the main attraction.

wimbo_pro
11-16-2008, 03:23 PM
Ingram usually has horrible attendance.

Buckeye80
11-16-2008, 03:24 PM
I thought Diboll would have a bigger turn-out than they did. I just expected to see more butts in the seats for a playoff game.

Astrosdawg07
11-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Jasper's attendance is down in not only the regular season, but as well as the play-offs. :confused:

ivchris
11-16-2008, 05:52 PM
It was pretty poor attendance for Estacado but their players were all heart. What happened to them, they used to be a bigger school with better support base?
Their band had about 30 members too.

etbu
11-16-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Mcguirk
I'm not knocking anyone from Estacado, but last night attendance/support for the Matadors was horrible. There were probably had less than 100 people in the stands. This didn't show much support for a team that played all out until the end. Has anyone ever seen such poor attendance/support for their team? I went to a 1A game this year where the visitng team drove 170 miles and they brought at least 50 people. Just wondering........

There are five-a skewls here in Houston that have less than fifty in the stands and sometimes less. Most of the in the stands often times are teachers and admin folks.

NastySlot
11-16-2008, 06:09 PM

my guess would be that the economics of the estacado area might factor into the poor attendance.

garciap77
11-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by ivchris
It was pretty poor attendance for Estacado but their players were all heart. What happened to them, they used to be a bigger school with better support base?
Their band had about 30 members too.

This was right before the Kickoff! And Estacado played with lots of heart. If they would not have dropped so many passes they would have won this game!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_3629.jpg

headhunter
11-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Wow not many people, I would say it's because of high gas prices but they are going down and the price of gas is not that bad, however I do agree with old green, and would add that many people have other things going on.

I was kinda of disappointed in Cuero's following the other night, last time Cuero played in that stadium they packed their side. Maybe people just thought they were going to blow them out and figured they would go the next week, I would expect a huge crowd from Cuero to be in El Campo.

tex_male
11-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
This was right before the Kickoff! And Estacado played with lots of heart. If they would not have dropped so many passes they would have won this game!

And that is the home side @ Grande

headhunter
11-16-2008, 06:46 PM
That is a very nice stadium!

IHStangFan
11-16-2008, 07:02 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_3629.jpg that's just sad. :(

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
that's just sad. :(

That's beyond sad.

injuredinmelee
11-16-2008, 07:13 PM
thier 3-7 record didnt help much either I would imagine. Not many expected to them to win.

tex_male
11-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Nice showing to a stadium that has 15,000-seat (18,000 capacity) Not even enough to pay the light bill. LOL

3afan
11-17-2008, 07:03 AM
when we had DISD schools in our district thats the way it was ..... there should be some pics in some old threads

sucks as far as playoff game atmosphere not the mention revenue (or lack of)

Mcguirk
11-17-2008, 07:46 AM
I was going to ask who had a picture, but I should have known! Thanks Garcia! It was sad, and as hard as their kids played I felt they deserved more support. And yes we noticed their band was small too. Report cards came out friday. Wylie had 30 kids (mostly freshman) who were academically ineligible.

injuredinmelee
11-17-2008, 08:02 AM
I was going to ask who had a picture, but I should have known! Thanks Garcia! It was sad, and as hard as their kids played I felt they deserved more support. And yes we noticed their band was small too. Report cards came out friday. Wylie had 30 kids (mostly freshman) who were academically ineligible.
wow thats not a good thing at all.

Looking4number8
11-17-2008, 08:26 AM

there are more people in the press box than there are in the stands, very sad indeed

RMAC
11-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Estacado is in a very poor part of Lubbock. I'd guess that many of them simply can't afford to travel to Midland.

Johnny 5
11-17-2008, 11:14 AM
What about situations like RH/Ingleside.

RH had more people that traveled three hours to the game then Ingleside had, and they played at home . . .

WHat is the deal there?

BTW: Not trying to dis Ingleside . . . just stating how it was and wondering why it was like that.

Daddy D 11
11-17-2008, 11:15 AM
I have a question, where in the world is the rest of the Estacado team?:confused:

DaHop72
11-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I have a question, where in the world is the rest of the Estacado team?:confused: A lot of teams send their captains out for the coin toss and then they join their teammates and run through tunnels, signs, etc. or just walk on the field as a team.

thatboiwes
11-17-2008, 11:23 AM
I have a question, where in the world is the rest of the Estacado team?:confused:

I was wondering the same thing.

Daddy D 11
11-17-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
A lot of teams send their captains out for the coin toss and then they join their teammates and run through tunnels, signs, etc. or just walk on the field as a team.

Ah I see, I don' think I've ever seen that before a game. Only at the start of second halfs have I seen that.

Texasfootball2
11-17-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
That's beyond sad.

What even more sad is the group sitting towards the bottom around the 50 yardline were all from Seminole. They were there because they played the winner.

garciap77
11-17-2008, 12:50 PM

Here they are!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_3664.jpg

:D

Both teams were getting ready to run through their
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_2490-3.jpg

;)

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-17-2008, 05:15 PM
That is terrible. Terrible indeed.

Send_the_House
11-17-2008, 06:26 PM
That's a situation where the Estacado coaching staff, or preferably someone from that community, needs to get a bus to take parents/fans to the games... If it is truly economics keeping them from attending...

NastySlot
11-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Send_the_House
That's a situation where the Estacado coaching staff, or preferably someone from that community, needs to get a bus to take parents/fans to the games... If it is truly economics keeping them from attending...

still cost money to charter...and it also means possible time off of work which is a loss of money.

Mcguirk
11-17-2008, 07:45 PM

Yes, they were in the big helment waiting for the captains to return.
Still think some might have been able to carpool or something. And the game was on saturday so work should be a little less of a factor.

Ranger Mom
11-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
What even more sad is the group sitting towards the bottom around the 50 yardline were all from Seminole. They were there because they played the winner.

There was also several people from Midland sitting on that side....just cause they wanted to go to a game!

I have a coworker who went with 4 friends to that game.

I was shocked at the lack of people in the stands when we played Lamesa.....and it was a home game for them, parents night and the last game of their season. Greenwood had more than they did!

catdaddy
11-17-2008, 07:58 PM
WOW! Those don't even count for the parents. That's freakin sad!!!:mad:

Ranger Mom
11-17-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
That is a very nice stadium!

I love watching games there....but those soccer markings throw me off!

Mcguirk
11-17-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I love watching games there....but those soccer markings throw me off!
I kept waiting for the announcer to yell GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!

Ranger Mom
11-17-2008, 08:12 PM
I kept waiting for the announcer to yell GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!

Around the end zone is where I REALLY get confused!!