PDA

View Full Version : did anyone hear about what happened to a groesbeck player friday night?

mwynn05
09-05-2002, 10:34 PM
our trainer said he seen in the paper thathe had a 2" tear in the back of his leg and they didnt catch it in the emergency room and he went back monday and tha tissue was dead and they had to amputate some of his leg im not sure on some of the details but im sure he had some part oof his leg amputated if anyone nos anything else tell us about it

marlinbulldog
09-05-2002, 11:10 PM
i read in the paper that he was cut in the game(by a lineman)and he tore a tendon or something. but i do know that his leg was amputated from his knee down. i would also like to say to any groesbeck fans on the down low that i wish him a quick recovery

cl8114
09-05-2002, 11:30 PM
There was an article about him in the Waco Tribune. He tore and artery in his leg which he had to get removed earlier this week.
www.wacotrib.com (http://www.wacotrib.com)

Bulldog92
09-05-2002, 11:49 PM
That's terrible news. What a shame...

Swarm 51
09-06-2002, 01:02 AM
This young man was taken to a small town hospital the night of the injury. His leg was x-rayed, but no damage was visable. He was told to return to the same hospital the following Monday for an MRI. It seems clots formed in the leg over the week-end and when that hospital saw this on Monday he was immediately transfered by ambulance to Waco.
Makes me wonder if an MRI had been made the night of the injury then possibly the young man's leg might have been saved. Is such a shame and lets all remember him and his family in our prayers.

Matthew328
09-06-2002, 07:24 AM
A very sad story..there is a story about it in the dallas paper today on the front page
www.dallasnews.com (http://www.dallasnews.com)

I wonder if he went to a better facility would his leg been saved also?? Not knocking Mexia's hospital but it is a small town and they may not have as good of a hospital as Waco or Corsicana would..but who knows..the time lost trying to drive there may have cost him his leg...none the less I am rooting for Groesbeck...the young man is my thoughts and prayers..

eye of the tiger
09-06-2002, 07:32 AM
First I heard about it was an article in the Star-Telegram this morning. Very sad indeed.