PDA

View Full Version : Just a question

lange4
11-16-2008, 12:06 AM
As a fan I am told I can not enter the stadium with any compessed air devices, horns ect. The last 2 games I have gone to have had compressed air train horns on the track. LH and GR. I was just wandering how it is legal for them.

LH Panther Mom
11-16-2008, 12:10 AM
I think during district, it is "district rules". I can't say 100%, but I think our district didn't allow the visiting team to bring horns. (I'm not positive on that.) I'm not sure about pre-district. Playoff games may depend on the stadium. :confused:

ccmom
11-16-2008, 12:16 AM
I am under the impression that those annoying things :D aren't allowed during district play, but are allowed during the playoffs. I'm not familiar with the official UIL rules, but that is my understanding, for what it is worth.:thinking:

Bigworm
11-16-2008, 12:18 AM
All I know is that Celina has the loudest I've ever heard at a game. (LH State game 06)

ccmom
11-16-2008, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Bigworm
All I know is that Celina has the loudest I've ever heard at a game. (LH State game 06) Well....if my memory serves me (and if often fails me :( ) Andrews is the team that had that obnoxious train horn. :mad: Much to my surprise and dismay, one of our beloved Bulldog fans has obtained one of those and I got the pleasure of hearing it at the "sendoff" at the school this afternoon. Maybe it won't be as annoying to me if it goes off when WE score????:D :thinking:

lange4
11-16-2008, 12:27 AM
all I know is I was at the Midland Lee - Westlake semi-final or final game. I can not remember. but those 5 gal. propane jugs full of ball bearings are loud enough. I do not want them allowing compressed air items period.

Ranger Mom
11-16-2008, 12:30 AM
I know Waco ISD wouldn't let us bring ANY noise makers into the stadium!!

Thank goodness they didn't search my backpack!!!:D :D

ccmom
11-16-2008, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I know Waco ISD wouldn't let us bring ANY noise makers into the stadium!!

Thank goodness they didn't search my backpack!!!:D :D I'm going to start calling you, "Rebel Mom"!;)

lange4
11-16-2008, 12:33 AM
As one to hear both Liberty Hills horn and Glen Roses horn. Liberty Hill, you fall way short. GR blows you out of the water on the loudnest of thier horn.

Ranger Mom
11-16-2008, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
I'm going to start calling you, "Rebel Mom"!;)

Ha!! My daughter has a name on here, although she hardly ever posts any more....her name is "Ranger Rebel!"

Like mother like daughter!!:D

ccmom
11-16-2008, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Ha!! My daughter has a name on here, although she hardly ever posts any more....her name is "Ranger Rebel!"

Like mother like daughter!!:D Love it!:D

lange4
11-16-2008, 01:19 AM
All I am asking is if it is legal for a school sponsered organization to be able to blow those things, what is to stop the normal fan from indulging in the obnosious vice of blowing those horrendous horns. By the way, when your team is down by a significant margin and you score it is extremly, shall I say anti-climatic when you still blow the horn.

Ranger Mom
11-16-2008, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by lange4
All I am asking is if it is legal for a school sponsered organization to be able to blow those things, what is to stop the normal fan from indulging in the obnosious vice of blowing those horrendous horns. By the way, when your team is down by a significant margin and you score it is extremly, shall I say anti-climatic when you still blow the horn.

Or those teams that blow it for EVERY first down!!:rolleyes:

pirate4state
11-16-2008, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by lange4

I'm thinking it really isn't a UIL rule and more of an individual stadium rule.

Every playoff game I've been to makes the announcement about no noise makers, but there is always some fan with one anyway. :rolleyes:

I think those train horns are annoying as all get out & I agree if you are down 33-0 and score late in the 4th....just don't & say you did!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-16-2008, 02:23 AM
The game i just went tonight La Vernia vs Goliad in Floresville , a Goliad fan had a air horn and as soon as it went of a couple of security guards went up there and took it away from the fan. Some stadiums dont want any kind of noise makers(shakers, cow bells etc..) only noise is clapping or yelling.

bandera7
11-16-2008, 02:37 AM
I havent heard of any restrictions in our stadium. but then again I have never tried to enter with a noise maker. But there are those in our stands who have them, and they dont get attention from guards or anything...I would think that in district it would be advantageous

Footballhudini
11-16-2008, 02:46 AM
technically, aren't musical instruments noise-makers?
could you not "blast" a brass instrument instead?
LOL

bandera7
11-16-2008, 03:19 AM
Amen to that.
However, that being said, the band is always announced as integral to the success of the team...whatever...
so the band apparently doesnt count

Footballhudini
11-16-2008, 04:49 AM
back in our hayday our band was flat out obnoxious to the opposing team. I think in one game our band alone caused 2 fumbles.

VAMike
11-16-2008, 06:46 AM
UIL does not prohibit but some stadiums do.

sinton66
11-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Games are played at night. Some stadiums are in the middle of residential neighborhoods. In some cases, it's a local ordinance as well as stadium policy. The train horns should be outlawed in my opinion.

OldBison75
11-16-2008, 10:46 AM
We had a district rule on horns this year. They were not allowed and if used could result in an unsportsmanlike conduct penaly after a warning. But in the playoffs, it is strictly up to the stadium rules where you play.

sinton66
11-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Everything about a playoff game is up for grabs and both staffs have to agree on each facet of the game. Coin tosses if they can't agree.

LH Panther Mom
11-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
But in the playoffs, it is strictly up to the stadium rules where you play.
That is what I understand to be the case.

VAMike
11-16-2008, 11:03 AM
We had a district rule on horns this year. They were not allowed and if used could result in an unsportsmanlike conduct penaly after a warning. But in the playoffs, it is strictly up to the stadium rules where you play.

What district is that? I have never heard of a district being allowed to issue rule changes/exception to the UIL playing rules. Not saying the district could not prohibit the devices but I do not see how they could make the use of them something the refs enforce. That is a game adminsitration problem, notr a ref problem

OldBison75
11-16-2008, 11:09 AM
District 24. The teams can be held responsible for thier team fans activities, just like a fan entering the field of play may result in a penalty. If the district, or conference establishies a rule for unsportsmanlike conduct that disrupts the game, then the rule can be enforced. The officials have to be made aware of the rule and both coaches have to be aware of the rule, but in a district committee that is taken care of.

Some places have rules for fans on the field that call for a delay of game penalty, in our district, any action by a fan that was considered a distruption of the game, was unsportsmanlike conduct. The horns, in small stadiums, affects communication between coach and players and between officials and players.

VAMike
11-16-2008, 11:12 AM
District 24. The teams can be held responsible for thier team fans activities, just like a fan entering the field of play may result in a penalty. If the district, or conference establishies a rule for unsportsmanlike conduct that disrupts the game, then the rule can be enforced. The officials have to be made aware of the rule and both coaches have to be aware of the rule, but in a district committee that is taken care of.

Some places have rules for fans on the field that call for a delay of game penalty, in our district, any action by a fan that was considered a distruption of the game, was unsportsmanlike conduct. The horns, in small stadiums, affects communication between coach and players and between officials and players.

In the example of people coming on the field, the rules as written already address that. There is no rule, nor UIL exception, that prohibits artificial noisemakers. I would be shocked if any ref actually enforced any "penalty" just because the District decided they wanted to outlaw them.

tex_male
11-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Our ambulance service does all the noise making, they have one facing the field and the other backed in.