PDA

View Full Version : 10-1 Bellville Brahmas vs 10-1 La Vernia Bears (2nd Round)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-15-2008, 11:14 PM
Who will get the 11th win? Will Bellvilles defense hold La Vernias Offense? The winner of this one sould be the favorite to win the bottom bracket. This game will be Saturday night in Victoria.
The winner of this game will meet the winner of the Pearsall vs Sinton match-up.

Bull's-eye
11-15-2008, 11:46 PM
Glad to see Bellville posters starting their own polls. :)

The loss of Nunn will make this more difficult for the Bellville win. IMO, the Bellville defense will keep this game close & the recent improved Brahma passing game will be enough for a Bellville victory. Look for Bellville to ride the legs of Runnels and don't be surprised when Bellville opens some eyes with a more than adequate replacement for Nunn.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-16-2008, 01:31 AM
Dont be suprise when Bellville finds it diffcult to run the ball against La Vernia, they stack the line and have some speed. Bellville will have to pass on them to force them from playing that close to the line of scrimmage..

pirate4state
11-16-2008, 02:59 AM
La Vernia is a very physical team. They were laying the wood on those Tigers tonight.

I wish this game was on Saturday. Would love to watch!!

La Vernia didn't pass the ball very much tonight, but they didn't really have to. At least I don't remember them throwing the ball a lot. LOL. I was distracted by the cold. :(

If Bellville can mix it up on offense and keep the defense guessing, they should win.

It's so hard to gauge a team when they are clearly so much better than the other team.

bandera7
11-16-2008, 03:09 AM
I will take the bears here...LaVernia 28 Bellville 24

JT44
11-16-2008, 08:35 AM
I was surprised to see LV give up 192 yards rushing to Franklin (Goliad). I think Bellville pulls this one out in a close one.

That's a game I am gonna try to make.

Mean Green Fan
11-16-2008, 09:31 AM
I think La Vernia wins this one.

sinton66
11-16-2008, 09:37 AM
LaVernia has beaten some good quality teams this year. Without Nunn, Bellville has their work cut out for them. Should be a great game.

Gobbla2001
11-16-2008, 09:44 AM
I wanna pick LV but will go with BB

SintonFan_inAustin
11-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by JT44
I was surprised to see LV give up 192 yards rushing to Franklin (Goliad). I think Bellville pulls this one out in a close one.

That's a game I am gonna try to make. one of the runs was on a fumble on a screen play that he picked up and ran 70 yds for the TD, the other was when La Vernia didnt crowd the line and was able to cut up field and go 68 yds untouched. He has speed when he gets to show it. Most of the night he was being gang tackled before he could get going.

OldBison75
11-16-2008, 10:05 AM
This game would have been a toss up, with Bellville having the slight edge if Nunn was playing. Without Nunn, Bellville will have to play very well to win. I picked Bellville to win their bracket all year, but that was with Nunn providing a power running game to open all the other facets of the Bellville arsenal. LaVernia has shown they can win big games and play with good teams.

I think Bellville will be in a funk after losing Nunn, and will have trouble with a consistent ground game. I don't think the Bellville offense can count on Runnels and the other backs to pick up the tough yards in crucial situations. I would have loved for this game to be full rosters for both teams, since I think Bellville had a chance to go a long ways.

LaVernia pulls out the win to advance 28-20.

Bull's-eye
11-16-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

From what I'm being told this game is on Saturday.

hsfootballfan
11-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye

According to the San Antonio Express-News, the game is Saturday at 7:00 pm in Victoria.

Gobbla2001
11-16-2008, 12:18 PM
From Gobbla2001's house to El Campo (Sealy and Cuero) - 35 minutes

From Gobbla2001's house to Victoria (Bellville and La Vernia)- 30 minutes

wow... good games for me...

Necks_Fan
11-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

wow... good games for me... I think me and Gramps are going to make both of these games as well.

:)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-16-2008, 01:21 PM

Anybody read the 1st post?

BrahmaMom
11-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Wow, wish we didn't have to meet up with La Vernia so soon. Nunn's absence will make a difference. How much? I don't know that we can say for sure. I was very proud of the Brahmas Friday night after he left the game. They stayed focused, even with the change in weather. I think Bellville can pull it off. Wish we had Nunn, but his replacement did great Friday night. We looked so much more disciplined, too. Don't count us out. That said, I hope the coaches have a curfew Friday night and make calls to ensure it is enforced. I remember our final game in 2002-nuff said. Go Brahmas!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-16-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
This game will be Saturday night in Victoria.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Anybody read the 1st post? yea i did :doh: but got side tracked by the statement the winner is the favorite for the upper bracket :rolleyes:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-16-2008, 01:32 PM
The winner of this one sould be the favorite to win the bottom bracket.

Were do you see upper?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
yea i did but got side tracked by the statement the winner is the favorite for the upper bracket :

SintonFan_inAustin
11-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Were do you see upper? Bellville and Sinton are in the upper bracket.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Bellville and Sinton are in the upper bracket.

The bracket that is posted @ the top of the page R3 is at the top of the 2nd page and the lower part of the bracket is R4.

LH Panther Mom
11-16-2008, 01:46 PM
The bracket that is posted @ the top of the page R3 is at the top of the 2nd page and the lower part of the bracket is R4.
There is an upper and lower portion of the bracket for each region. I believe that's what he is referring to.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-16-2008, 01:48 PM
The bracket that is posted @ the top of the page R3 is at the top of the 2nd page and the lower part of the bracket is R4. :doh: So now your saying the winner of this match is the favorite to win region 4 . :evillol:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-16-2008, 01:54 PM
:doh: So now your saying the winner of this match is the favorite to win region 4 . :evillol:

I said it last night when I started this thread!

pirate4state
11-16-2008, 01:56 PM

Sweet! I had Friday on the brain since that was what I was told at the LV/Goliad game.

Victoria Memorial Stadium will be standing room only!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-16-2008, 02:01 PM
Who will get the 11th win? Will Bellvilles defense hold La Vernias Offense? The winner of this one sould be the favorite to win the bottom bracket. This game will be Saturday night in Victoria.
The winner of this game will meet the winner of the Pearsall vs Sinton match-up.

Here is the 1st post!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Here is the 1st post! :2thumbsup

very good first post to start this good matchup :)

Which team is most likely to not fill their side as thats the side i'll be looking to sit and watch this game.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-16-2008, 02:16 PM
:2thumbsup

very good first post to start this good matchup :)

Which team is most likely to not fill their side as thats the side i'll be looking to sit and watch this game.

Come sit with us, if you have a red shirt to wear? Im sure the Bellville crowd will fill up their side of the stadium.

R4Editor
11-16-2008, 02:49 PM
What a great match up.

La Vernia has the 3rd ranked offense in Region IV, averaging 39.2 points a game. Their defense is ranked 5th in our region, giving up 18.8 points a game.*

Bellville has the 2nd ranked defense in Region IV, holding opponents to 14.8 points a game. Their offense is ranked 12th, averaging 29.9 points a game.

Strong defense against a strong offense.

They say "Defense wins Championships" but La Vernia's defense is no slouch either.

The key for Bellville is their ability to carry on without Nunn, which they did against Wharton, but La Vernia is no Wharton.

La Vernia had 3 or 4 turnovers against Goliad or that game would have been out of hand early. Against a team like Bellville they will have to do a better job of protecting the ball.

Good Luck to both teams, but I think this one is "too close to call."

*these #s are end of season and do not include playoff games

headhunter
11-16-2008, 02:53 PM
This is a great match-up SHOULD BE REGION IV GAME OF THE WEEK

This will be a battle up front. Both teams have a good front foru and a solid set of linebackers. I think LaVernia has the edge in this game because they can throw the football better than Bellville. Bellvile will have to not turn the ball over and MUST not fall behind more than 2 scores. I don't think they have enough fire power to mount a comeback. I will pick LaVernia but I still think it will be close and it will be a defensive battle.

LaVernia 20
Bellville 13

R4Editor
11-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
This is a great match-up SHOULD BE REGION IV GAME OF THE WEEK

This will be a battle up front. Both teams have a good front foru and a solid set of linebackers. I think LaVernia has the edge in this game because they can throw the football better than Bellville. Bellvile will have to not turn the ball over and MUST not fall behind more than 2 scores. I don't think they have enough fire power to mount a comeback. I will pick LaVernia but I still think it will be close and it will be a defensive battle.

LaVernia 20
Bellville 13

Since it's the playoffs, most ALL games can be "GAME OF THE WEEK".

Sealy vs. Cuero due to the rivarly could be game of the week.

Rio Hondo vs. Devine could be game of the week.

Can't please everyone!

gobbler grad
11-16-2008, 03:10 PM
somehow I see the Bears pulling this one off...sounds like their defense is playing pretty good right now...and they score fairly fast on offense...:thinking:Bellville defense needs to be ready

Old Green
11-16-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

wow... good games for me... Sounds like a great weekend of Football:thumbsup:

44INAROW
11-16-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Sounds like a great weekend of Football:thumbsup:

I hear that........ :)

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2008, 07:57 PM
WOW, sorry for the lateness, but what happened to Nunn??????

CHSVARSITYDAD
11-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Me and some of the football boys will be sitting on the LaVernia side. I like the way the Bears play ball. When you see the bleach blonde hair that's us!
LV by 10

dachosenone
11-16-2008, 08:50 PM
The loss of Nunn is a heartbreaker for many but not the end of the world. IMO, We have other more athletic backs that can get the job done.

Nunn is a bruiser who takes the will out of people but now it forces the coaches to open the playbook more.

Lastly the loss of Nunn HAS NO EFFECT ON ONE OF THE STATES TOP DEFENSE. Speed Kills and we have alot of it.

Bellville 20

La Vernia 17

GO BRAHMAS!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-16-2008, 08:57 PM
La Vernia offensively had to break tackles to make some yards against Goliad, not sure if its bad tackling or La Vernia rb and qb are strong runners. Maybe a better tacklers would had ended some of La Vernia drives. But i was more impressed by their speed on defense and gang tackling as they seem to have a few make the tackles at the same time on the runners.

Could be a defensive game even if Bellville had their main RB for this game. Still have'nt decided who may win this game. if it comes to a long FG, La Vernia kicker has the leg for atleast a 40-42 yd fg.

dachosenone
11-16-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm somewhat concerned about Bellville's kicker looking back at the early games. The last few weeks he has been very effective on extra points but has no FG attempts. I think his confidence is building with them FINALLY kicking the ball deep on kickoff.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-16-2008, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by dachosenone
I'm somewhat concerned about Bellville's kicker looking back at the early games. The last few weeks he has been very effective on extra points but has no FG attempts. I think his confidence is building with them FINALLY kicking the ball deep on kickoff.

He kicked one vs Wharton, I think a 49 yarder?

rancher
11-16-2008, 09:23 PM
La Vernia has not faced a defense with the speed and quickness of Bellville. They force things to happen and set the offense up for short drives. Bellville is also lucky to have a good stable of running backs. Nunn is the leader, but several others with different styles are in the wings waiting for their chance. However, Bellville's O-Lines is weak and passing game is awful. If the defense steps up, Bellville will win this one by 10.

LH Panther Mom
11-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by rancher
La Vernia has not faced a defense with the speed and quickness of Bellville.
How does Bellville's speed on defense compare to Cuero's?

sinton66
11-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

pirate4state
11-16-2008, 09:28 PM
How does Bellville's speed on defense compare to Cuero's? Or Giddings

pirate4state
11-16-2008, 09:29 PM
. However, Bellville's O-Lines is weak and passing game is awful. :rolleyes: They must be doing something right to be 10-1!

buff4ever
11-16-2008, 09:31 PM
I would think bellville for sure w/ nunn. Without him, I go for bellville but acknowledge this will be tough. At this point it is picking a very slight upset to pick bellville. But that is what I am doing.

Bull's-eye
11-16-2008, 09:34 PM
Found this clip of Giddings/La Vernia football game. First play shows the Giddings back out running the La Vernia defense.

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1785367152&channel=1418563061

44INAROW
11-16-2008, 09:43 PM
La Vernia has not faced a defense with the speed and quickness of Bellville. .

they did pretty darn good against Cuero.... :p

I am hoping the Bears play the game against Bellville like they against Cuero and come off with the win. Like it's been said numerous times already, it's the playoffs and anything can happen but I hope to see the Bears on top at the end of this game.....

Found this clip of Giddings/La Vernia football game. First play shows the Giddings back out running the La Vernia defense.

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1785367152&channel=1418563061 this game was play early in Sept - I think the Bears have improved ALOT since this game was played.

Bull's-eye
11-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Buff4ever, Giddings rolled up 522 yards of offense vs La Vernia, compared to 287 against Bellville. What's your comparison of the two defenses?

GreenMachine
11-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Hard to believe that Bellville has more defensive speed than Cuero.:thinking: Bellville must have a good team, have not seen them play, but their season ends this week. LV takes this one by a TD. :thumbsup:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Hard to believe that Bellville has more defensive speed than Cuero.:thinking: Bellville must have a good team, have not seen them play, but their season ends this week. LV takes this one by a TD. :thumbsup: that is what i'm think also, 2 of 3 D25 teams out this coming friday and saturday.

GreenMachine
11-16-2008, 10:01 PM
that is what i'm think also, 2 of 3 D25 teams out this coming friday and saturday. I like your thinking :clap: :D

KL3
11-16-2008, 10:58 PM
All of you who are doubting Bellville's defense obviously have not seen them play. They are giving up about 3.5 yds/ carry this year against some very good teams. The entire defense is built around speed, and they have 5 LB's who all fly to the ball.

As for the comparisons to Cuero's defense, I guess we will find out about that when they play Sealy this week. Bellville held Downey to 80 yards on 29 carries (2.76 avg) a few weeks ago.

44INAROW
11-16-2008, 11:04 PM
the more I read about the LV vs Bellville game, the more I am trying to talk myself into going to this game. This is what the playoffs should be - 2 good teams going at it for 48 mins of in your face football......

MJMbrahmas10
11-16-2008, 11:06 PM
Bellville is now getting on top of the defense. It was new to the system this year. They have been rolling with it all year now its at its top and IMO almost unbeatable. Yes, the loss of nunn is big but the late passing game has stepped up a lot. In this past week bellville had three passing touchdowns. As far as nunn's back-up Carter stepped in and handled his part.

LH Panther Mom
11-16-2008, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by KL3
All of you who are doubting Bellville's defense obviously have not seen them play.
I'm certainly not doubting the defense at all. I asked a question about the defensive speed based on the post.

pirate4state
11-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
the more I read about the LV vs Bellville game, the more I am trying to talk myself into going to this game. This is what the playoffs should be - 2 good teams going at it for 48 mins of in your face football......

You should! I'll be there! :D

We need to set up a M&G. Victoria is M&G friendly!!! :clap:

Trying to get the shirt to this game.

Buffgal
11-16-2008, 11:26 PM
After watching the Buffs play both Bears and Bulls.

1. Bellville--superior defense, linebackers are the real deal. Buffs inability to capitalize on Bellville's offensive mistakes was the difference in Bulls Vs Buffs. Bellville played a hard hitting, in the trenches game but they got it right back from the Buffs.

2. La Vernia-big, physical, athletic team, their own offensive mistakes cost them in the game vs Buffs. Their confidence has continued to build since their win vs. Cuero. Bears #88 Zeke (last name?) & QB are ones to watch.

Bellville has other backs to go to w/o Nunn BUT IMO none that deliver in short yardage. Bellville has gotten themselves into lots of 3rd down situations and Nunn delivered. Offense is above average but Bellville's defense is why they are 10-1.

If La Vernia can manage a few points vs the Bulls defense & control the Joe Joe T. adrenaline flow, the Bears D can stop Bellville's offense.

Others will have to step up big for Bellville but I think the loss of Nunn is too much to replace for Bull's offensive arsenal,
La Vernia by 10.

44INAROW
11-16-2008, 11:29 PM

Trying to get the shirt to this game.

I'll keep you posted on my decision...... this promises to be a good game for sure.

duckhunter
11-17-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Buffgal
After watching the Buffs play both Bears and Bulls.

1. Bellville--superior defense, linebackers are the real deal. Buffs inability to capitalize on Bellville's offensive mistakes was the difference in Bulls Vs Buffs. Bellville played a hard hitting, in the trenches game but they got it right back from the Buffs.

2. La Vernia-big, physical, athletic team, their own offensive mistakes cost them in the game vs Buffs. Their confidence has continued to build since their win vs. Cuero. Bears #88 Zeke (last name?) & QB are ones to watch.

Bellville has other backs to go to w/o Nunn BUT IMO none that deliver in short yardage. Bellville has gotten themselves into lots of 3rd down situations and Nunn delivered. Offense is above average but Bellville's defense is why they are 10-1.

If La Vernia can manage a few points vs the Bulls defense & control the Joe Joe T. adrenaline flow, the Bears D can stop Bellville's offense.

Others will have to step up big for Bellville but I think the loss of Nunn is too much to replace for Bull's offensive arsenal,
La Vernia by 10. from what i've seen by bellville this year is that they've struggled with anybody running the ball on 3rd and short. yes losing nunn does hurt the brahmas, but runnels, houston, #6?, and the young carter kid can all carry the load. imo if runnels was given the same # of carry's nunn got during the year he would have just as much yards as nunn, maybe even more. the bellville run game will be fine. imo its the passing game that will make or break it for the bellville cows.

Old Green
11-17-2008, 12:36 PM

Trying to get the shirt to this game. I think i"ll make an appearance since the game is close by.

BrahmaMom
11-17-2008, 01:32 PM
I love to be the underdog! Bellville has to be on top of their game to take care of business with La Vernia. I think they can do it. Fewer penalties last week and the ability to stay focused after Nunn's injury speak well of their discipline. Carter has the tenacity and quickness to carry the ball, and Runnels and Houston continue to be studs. Brahma Defense--what a great unit! I'd put them up against almost anybody in the state.
You'll get your admission price back in excitement this week. I can't wait--GO BRAHMAS!!!!!

pirate4state
11-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
I love to be the underdog! Bellville has to be on top of their game to take care of business with La Vernia. I think they can do it. Fewer penalties last week and the ability to stay focused after Nunn's injury speak well of their discipline. Carter has the tenacity and quickness to carry the ball, and Runnels and Houston continue to be studs. Brahma Defense--what a great unit! I'd put them up against almost anybody in the state.
You'll get your admission price back in excitement this week. I can't wait--GO BRAHMAS!!!!!

I really don't see how either team can be considered an "underdog". :thinking:

Who is the home team?

Bull's-eye
11-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Buffgal
La Vernia-big, physical, athletic team, their own offensive mistakes cost them in the game vs Buffs.

I did noticed the turnovers, but Giddings still had over 520 yards of offense. Giddings also had a few mistakes themselves. La Vernia is kind of hard to figure out, beating Cuero 21-6 and then only defeating 0-10 Luling 41-28.

I like duckhunter's post about the Bellville's offense. It very well may be the passing game that will decide this game.

pirate4state
11-17-2008, 02:06 PM
I did noticed the turnovers, but Giddings still had over 520 yards of offense. Giddings also had a few mistakes themselves. La Vernia is kind of hard to figure out, beating Cuero 21-6 and then only defeating 0-10 Luling 41-28.

I like duckhunter's post about the Bellville's offense. It very well may be the passing game that will decide this game.

LV vs Luling : http://www.sagametime.com/web/district.html?site=default&Sport=Football&tpl=Boxscore&ID=15315

Johnnypaycheck
11-17-2008, 02:12 PM
from the Wharton Tigers, good luck to the brahmas! Hope the Nunn kid has a speedy recovery.

Gontex
11-17-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm not sure why this game is not the Region IV gotw. I think this will be a much better game than Sinton/Pearsall.

trg
11-17-2008, 02:16 PM
Good luck Brahmas. Leave it all on the field Saturday night. We'll be there cheering you on.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Gontex
I'm not sure why this game is not the Region IV gotw. I think this will be a much better game than Sinton/Pearsall.
Not to hard to figure that one out.

Reds fan
11-17-2008, 02:46 PM
I really don't see how either team can be considered an "underdog". :thinking:

Who is the home team?

Possibly the loss of a D1 back would put Bellville in the underdog role:thinking:

That being said Bellville does possess depth in the backfield and the Brahma defense is still intact. Too close to call from here but I'll be backing the Bulls all the way!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-17-2008, 03:04 PM

I like duckhunter's post about the Bellville's offense. It very well may be the passing game that will decide this game. The only game i seen of La Vernia was against Goliad and they stack the line of scrimmage. It will make it difficult to run on them but it means alot of man to man for the wr of Bellville on the passing game. Passing game will be the key for Bellville to loosen up the Bear defense. on paper looks like a good game but La Vernia did show a tendency to fumble the football against Goliad.

IHStangFan
11-17-2008, 03:05 PM
If Bellville is really w/out Nunn, I think I have to go w/ LaVernia. I might would have to go w/ La Vernia anyway considering they were able to put an "L" in Cuero's stat column.

La Vernia 35
Bellville 21

44INAROW
11-17-2008, 03:23 PM
30 to 29 in the votes - hope the game proves to be as close ;)

STAggie
11-17-2008, 03:47 PM
I think Bellville gets it done this week just to spite everyone saying they can't do it without Nunn. Runnels is just as good a back and so is Carter. I think the Bellville D is what gets them through this game, and as long as the O doesn't turn it over they get the W.

Bellville 21
La Vernia 14

Bull's-eye
11-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Yes, Carter did a good job replacing Nunn. Two completely different backs, Nunn will run over you & Carter will run by you. Nunn is a much better blocker, especially in pass protection. I have a feeling that Bellville might have another big time back waiting to show he can tote the pigskin.

STAggie
11-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Yes, Carter did a good job replacing Nunn. Two completely different backs, Nunn will run over you & Carter will run by you. Nunn is a much better blocker, especially in pass protection. I have a feeling that Bellville might have another big time back waiting to show he can tote the pigskin.

What year is Carter? Did he get any touches against Sealy? All I can remember about that game is Nunn being as good as advertised and thinking Runnels could start on almost any other team.

Brahma84
11-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Carter is a junior. He was not elligible until about half way through the season. I give him a lot of credit, he came out and worked hard and is excited to get the chance to show what he can do. He has been waiting a long time to get back in the action. He's been used a little to give Nunn a rest and once in a while as a LB on defense.

Bulligator
11-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Garrett Nunn may be out for the playoffs, but not the Brahmas. The Brahmas have lost a big portion of their offense for the playoffs as he contributed 50% of the rushing yardage, and 37% overall. Runnels and Houston follow with 21% and 18% overall, respectively. Dodd is the leader with 40% of reception yards and he didn’t catch a pass Friday night against Wharton. (Stats from Houston Chronicle) I know many on here think Bellville is one dimensional by using Nunn the majority of the time. But why not, he’s been the go to guy (except on one play against Sealy that I still wonder about) and he has been productive. If anyone has seen Bellville play, they would easily respond that our offense runs the same plays over and over, with most of them to Nunn. Throw in a few counter traps to Houston and sweeps to Runnels and that’s about it. But that’s all they ever needed. The passing game has been fair at best. Dodd has caught quite a few passes, and Houston is capable of taking it for 6 anytime he touches the ball. The tight ends may have three catches all year, as they are mainly used as decoys. But, the Brahma offense has done enough to win all but one.

Without question, the defense has carried the team this year. They have been susceptible to the big play, but normally have held the opposing team in check. The DC is to be commended and deserves an award. He has put together a speedy and quick to the ball defense using players that could also start on the offense. I think that if some of those players were moved, the offense would show improvement. And, that may be the answer for Nunn.

Now, the opposing team can’t go back and rely on past films or tendencies, as he is gone. This gives the Bellville coaching staff the ability to throw in some new wrinkles and keep the opposing defense guessing. Plus, they have an additional day to work on everything.

Who’s the clear favorite? La Vernia. Underdog? Bellville. Will La Vernia look to the following week’s game, thinking that outscoring Bellville will be only a formality now? I feel that this will be a close game as the poll indicates, with about equal votes for each team. Like a few others have said on this thread, this game is too close to call right now, but I’m leaning to a Bellville win.

Bull's-eye
11-17-2008, 06:54 PM
Bulligator, you mentioned Houston running the ball. IMO, he has the best stiff-arm of any runner that I have watched this year. The opponents have been watching for that cross buck play, but when Houston gets through the initial line of scrimmage, it usually means a big gain.

duckhunter
11-17-2008, 09:39 PM
cross buck don't you mean crossbow?

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2251/pse06rattlercrossbowaj5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

dachosenone
11-17-2008, 09:44 PM
Bellville's speed on defense is tremendous. We have two LB's that can flat out run & a Rover. On the front line the nose tackle is the quickest guy on Bellville's d-line in recent years. In the secondary one of the three guys can run as its shown in his track performance.

Regarding the stiff arm, Runnels is the best Sealy 07, Livingston 08, Wharton 08 and I could go on. I have seen numerous games where he shoved the guy to the ground immediately.

Houston is by far the best open field runner we have but I question his speed. One game at home was caught from behind on a post route were the defender was beaten. Also the QB hit him in stride so it was a foot race from there.

navscanmaster
11-17-2008, 09:52 PM
I think this is a great year for La Vernia, and I don't see it ending this week. I think La Vernia comes out and shuts down the Bellville running attack enough to come away with a win. I of course am pulling for Bellville, but I just don't think that they will be able to get past them without Nunn. It is rather odd that La Vernia beat Cuero, but lost to Giddings, who lost to Bellville. I don't do the this team beat that team thing anyways.:p :nerd:

La Vernia 24
Bellville 14

Prove me wrong Bulls!!!

dachosenone
11-17-2008, 10:08 PM
If everyone shows up including the coaches WE WILL.

It sucks we didn't get a chance to beat up on Pratt & Stokes this year.

bvillebrahma010
11-18-2008, 01:28 AM
browning is at fullback... watch out, he is just as good as nun! yes i said it, imo he is just as good. he averages more yards per carry in his 20 carries this year. that being said, they will move browning #6 to fullback from tight end and honeycutt #80 and montgomery #48 will rotate in at the tight end spot... imo, bellville is really not desperately hurting for garrette nunn! he would help, but we can play without him! loook out la vernia.

p.s. zach, you still cant catch... :/

BOCEPHUS
11-18-2008, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by Bulligator
Garrett Nunn may be out for the playoffs, but not the Brahmas. The Brahmas have lost a big portion of their offense for the playoffs as he contributed 50% of the rushing yardage, and 37% overall. Runnels and Houston follow with 21% and 18% overall, respectively. Dodd is the leader with 40% of reception yards and he didn’t catch a pass Friday night against Wharton. (Stats from Houston Chronicle) I know many on here think Bellville is one dimensional by using Nunn the majority of the time. But why not, he’s been the go to guy (except on one play against Sealy that I still wonder about) and he has been productive. If anyone has seen Bellville play, they would easily respond that our offense runs the same plays over and over, with most of them to Nunn. Throw in a few counter traps to Houston and sweeps to Runnels and that’s about it. But that’s all they ever needed. The passing game has been fair at best. Dodd has caught quite a few passes, and Houston is capable of taking it for 6 anytime he touches the ball. The tight ends may have three catches all year, as they are mainly used as decoys. But, the Brahma offense has done enough to win all but one.

Without question, the defense has carried the team this year. They have been susceptible to the big play, but normally have held the opposing team in check. The DC is to be commended and deserves an award. He has put together a speedy and quick to the ball defense using players that could also start on the offense. I think that if some of those players were moved, the offense would show improvement. And, that may be the answer for Nunn.

Now, the opposing team can’t go back and rely on past films or tendencies, as he is gone. This gives the Bellville coaching staff the ability to throw in some new wrinkles and keep the opposing defense guessing. Plus, they have an additional day to work on everything.

Who’s the clear favorite? La Vernia. Underdog? Bellville. Will La Vernia look to the following week’s game, thinking that outscoring Bellville will be only a formality now? I feel that this will be a close game as the poll indicates, with about equal votes for each team. Like a few others have said on this thread, this game is too close to call right now, but I’m leaning to a Bellville win.

HMMMMMMMMM.........LOOKAHERE, HOW'N ABOUT GIDDENS BEAT LV BY BOUT 25 IN A SCORE FEST, AND Y'ALL SHUT DOWN GIDDENS AND BEAT'M. INSTEAD OF ALL THIS HERE 'STAT-TIS-TICS' STUFF. AND WHAT THE SILLY COACHES CAN DO WITH NEW WRINKLES BLAH BLAH.........U CAN TYPE GOOD, ILL GIV YU THAT
BELLVILLE WILL WIN

Bull's-eye
11-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by duckhunter
don't you mean crossbow?

No cross buck.
dictionary results for: cross buck

cross buck 
–noun Football. an offensive play in which two running backs cross paths and charge into the line on opposite sides, one back receiving the ball from the quarterback and the other back faking possession.

pirate4state
11-18-2008, 01:00 PM
To all 3adownlow fans & spectators:

We'd love for all of you to meet us at half-time behind the end zone with the bleachers for a M&G and your opportunity to sign the 3A Downlow state bound shirt. :)

Check in here if you will be in attendance:

p4s
gobbler grad

duckhunter
11-18-2008, 02:05 PM
No cross buck.
dictionary results for: cross buck

cross buck 
–noun Football. an offensive play in which two running backs cross paths and charge into the line on opposite sides, one back receiving the ball from the quarterback and the other back faking possession. ?????

this is the only crossbuck i'm familiar with

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/696/zrrxingcurhg8.gif (http://imageshack.us)

BrahmaMom
11-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Never made a M&G, may have to hit this one. I am so heartened to see other Brahma fans defend our team's talent. Our offense will take care of business. We could be fairly one-dimensional with G Nunn. Without him, you may see some different dimensions and plays. Runnels, Houston, and Carter can get the job done. My heart goes out to Garrette, as well as my prayers. The young man had a tremendous high school career. I am sorry it ended the way it did, but I am thrilled he will see the field in college. Let's get fired up, Brahmas!!

rancher
11-18-2008, 06:39 PM
How big is Carter and does he have speed? Browning has the size, but he look not as quick as Nunn and lacked his speed. This is just another example of the depth at running back. What about the Reese twins. They are waiting in the wings for their chance.

duckhunter
11-18-2008, 07:00 PM
How big is Carter and does he have speed? Browning has the size, but he look not as quick as Nunn and lacked his speed. This is just another example of the depth at running back. What about the Reese twins. They are waiting in the wings for their chance. carter is rather short maybe around 5'9. prolly weighs around 180. he has speed and he is not afraid to run north/south from what i saw last week.

MJMbrahmas10
11-18-2008, 07:41 PM
i wouldnt say he is 5' 9" he is a littler smaller than that, but size doesnt always matter. he will get the job done

rancher
11-18-2008, 08:35 PM
If I remember correctly, in the Semifinals against Bandera (who won state), Runnels came in for an injuried Gober and had a hell of a game. The rest is history. Browning reminds me a lot of Runnels when he first started. Hopeful Carter will be another Jess Koy in his style. If that happens, he we go with another Zonka and Kick duo.

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2008, 10:07 PM
If I remember correctly, in the Semifinals against Bandera (who won state), Runnels came in for an injuried Gober and had a hell of a game.
Does the Runnels kid still play? Bandera won state in 2002, so it can't be the same person.

hsfootballfan
11-18-2008, 10:07 PM
I will probably (hopefully) be going to this game. I've never been to Memorial Stadium before - are the home and visitors sides pretty much equal in size, or is one considerably larger? Anyone know who will be home/visitor? I hope this game lives up to all the hype of "too close to call." Should be a great night of football.

sinton66
11-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Memorial has plenty of seating on both sides. Good facility.
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=405
seats 14,000.

Bull's-eye
11-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Does the Runnels kid still play? Bandera won state in 2002, so it can't be the same person.

Same kid, he started for Bellville as a 5th grader. :D

Just kidding, they are brothers. The oldest brother had a very good career at Stephen f. Austin.

KL3
11-18-2008, 10:15 PM

That was the older Runnels, Harold. He went on to play at SFA. His younger brother is now a jr. RB.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Same kid, he started for Bellville as a 5th grader. :D

He was good as a 5th grader, just wait his sr year, 6th year varsity player.

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by KL3
That was the older Runnels, Harold. He went on to play at SFA. His younger brother is now a jr. RB.
:thumbsup: Good deal! Gotta love it when kids carry on the traditions of their siblings. :)

buff4ever
11-18-2008, 11:03 PM
I am impressed by all my bellville buds, they haven't totally wined about this injury to nunn like you would think they would. All year a twisted ankle to a third stream back or second stream d lineman seamed like it was the worst thing that could have happened.

Go bellville, you can do this. Force a couple of turnovers and take advantage of one of them with points on the board.

duckhunter
11-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I am impressed by all my bellville buds, they haven't totally wined about this injury to nunn like you would think they would. All year a twisted ankle to a third stream back or second stream d lineman seamed like it was the worst thing that could have happened.

Go bellville, you can do this. Force a couple of turnovers and take advantage of one of them with points on the board. maybe they finally realized bellville isnt the only team in the universe that has to deal with injuries?

I_DONT_CARE
11-19-2008, 10:24 AM
maybe they finally realized bellville isnt the only team in the universe that has to deal with injuries?
:thinking: :thinking: NO, THAT CAN'T BE IT. :rolleyes:

dachosenone
11-19-2008, 11:07 AM
We have dealt with injuries on the O-Line all year so I'm not sure what the comment was all about.

# 51 Huebner, # 54 Jackson, # 53 Ayala (Other reasons).

duckhunter
11-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by dachosenone
We have dealt with injuries on the O-Line all year so I'm not sure what the comment was all about.

# 51 Huebner, # 54 Jackson, # 53 Ayala (Other reasons). uhhh. it has started again. :doh: :hand: :rolleyes: :mad: :weeping: :bigcry:

44INAROW
11-19-2008, 11:28 AM
wow - 39 to 38 on the poll - this one continues to be neck and neck....:nerd:

dachosenone
11-19-2008, 11:29 AM
uhhh. it has started again. :doh: :hand: :rolleyes: :mad: :weeping: :bigcry:

I came in late on the conversation so I was mistaken.

Everyone deals with injuries so whether they wine or don't say anything at all just dealt with it.

Bull's-eye
11-19-2008, 11:46 AM
All year a twisted ankle to a third stream back or second stream d lineman seamed like it was the worst thing that could have happened.

What's a third "stream" back? :confused:

Shouldn't it be string?

BrahmaMom
11-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Glad to see Quentin Runnels has some of Louie's (Brother Harold) ability. Louie was great, too, lots of fun to watch. The Brahmas aren't whining about injuries, I don't think they have that much. Nunn's injury is a setback for the offense, but we can handle it. He helped get us this far, now it's up to the team to do the rest. Nunn's injury is hardest on him, emotionally. Let's all keep him in our prayers as he undergoes further care this week and heads to recovery. The Brahmas are heading into this game ready to do what it takes. I love it! GO BRAHMAS!

Bull's-eye
11-19-2008, 11:59 AM
Who will be the home team?

Reds fan
11-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Who will be the home team?

Todays Bellville Times shows Bellville as the home team.

MJMbrahmas10
11-19-2008, 02:37 PM
Just got finished watching film on La Vernia and they look very beatable. #88 who is goin to University of Houston doesnt look that great (atleast on defense). Their quarterback is a playmaker with his feet

minivan
11-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Bellville should be able to run right at and around La Vernia.

Bellville 31
La Vernia 14

bullpen
11-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010 [/i]

p.s. zach, you still cant catch... :/ [/B][/QUOTE]

There is no place for this. Zach has done a lot to help this team: his blocking (since we are a run oriented team) has been key. He has come up with several big catches along the way (it's a little harder to come up with every ball on Friday night than it is playing in the front yard on Sat morning). I hope you an friend just giving him a hard time. If not you are probably the tenth chair flute player in the band who has never played a down and obviously know little about the game. There is no point in singleing out any player for criticism on this board. Now hurry along before Mr. Prichet marks you late.

hookandladder
11-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Let me see if I have this right, Giddings donkey stomped La Vernia, Bellville beat Giddings and La Vernia beat Cuero. I will predict Bellville beats La Vernia and also Sealy beats Cuero.

STAggie
11-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Let me see if I have this right, Giddings donkey stomped La Vernia, Bellville beat Giddings and La Vernia beat Cuero. I will predict Bellville beats La Vernia and also Sealy beats Cuero.

Smart man. D25, baby.

BrahmaMom
11-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Don't think MJM is flutist in the band. And yes, Zach has had a good season, IMO. glad to hear someone "in the know" thinks La Vernia looks beatable.

duckhunter
11-19-2008, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by bullpen

There is no place for this. Zach has done a lot to help this team: his blocking (since we are a run oriented team) has been key. He has come up with several big catches along the way (it's a little harder to come up with every ball on Friday night than it is playing in the front yard on Sat morning). I hope you an friend just giving him a hard time. If not you are probably the tenth chair flute player in the band who has never played a down and obviously know little about the game. There is no point in singleing out any player for criticism on this board. Now hurry along before Mr. Prichet marks you late. [/B][/QUOTE]

i have to agree with bvllebrahma010 on this one. not trying to make fun of anybody, but catching the ball definintly isnt #48's strength

zebrablue2
11-19-2008, 06:26 PM
carter is rather short maybe around 5'9. prolly weighs around 180. he has speed and he is not afraid to run north/south from what i saw last week.

hey- be careful when U call 5-9 short---LOL...

MJMbrahmas10
11-19-2008, 08:16 PM
yes bvillebrahma010 or whatever is friends with zach and just giving him a hard time. and no he is not in the band

BrahmaMom
11-19-2008, 09:11 PM
You may refer to Carter as small, I consider him a lot of Brahma in compact form! Sometimes good things come in small packages!! Just for you, zebrablue!

GreenMachine
11-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Let me see if I have this right, Giddings donkey stomped La Vernia, Bellville beat Giddings and La Vernia beat Cuero. I will predict Bellville beats La Vernia and also Sealy beats Cuero. Wrong on both counts. Just because A beat B and B beat C, doesn't always mean that A would beat C. I wish Cuero could have played Giddings and Bellville, "donkey stomped" them as you say and ended all the mathematics.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-19-2008, 09:54 PM
I am impressed by all my bellville buds, they haven't totally wined about this injury to nunn like you would think they would. All year a twisted ankle to a third stream back or second stream d lineman

All players we talked about before were starters. No one wined about it. It was fact! You have 3 starters out it could effect games, luckly we have had good back-ups and they have done well. Losing Nunn also hurts, but hopefully someone will step up and fill his shoes.
What was the talk after Sealy allmost beat Giddings last play-off season? Fitzhenry was hurt? The thing was Giddings had a very good 2nd string QB that was better than most 1st team QBs. The talk was still focused on Fitz being hurt. Fact. or was it wine-ing?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-19-2008, 09:57 PM
I would be a La Grange poster stir the pot with the donky talk.

MJMbrahmas10
11-19-2008, 10:27 PM
carter might be small but even before his jr high days he has always ran with the "no matter what im going to run through you" attitude and we seen last friday he has the speed and hasnt changed a bit. keep rolling carter. we're behind you.

duckhunter
11-19-2008, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
carter might be small but even before his jr high days he has always ran with the "no matter what im going to run through you" attitude and we seen last friday he has the speed and hasnt changed a bit. keep rolling carter. we're behind you. its gunna be hard for him to get any yards if yall are behind him. maybe you should get in front of him so yall can block for him????

Bull's-eye
11-19-2008, 11:40 PM
its gunna be hard for him to get any yards if yall are behind him. maybe you should get in front of him so yall can block for him????

If both teams are behind him, that must mean he's running for a TD. :D

duckhunter
11-19-2008, 11:46 PM
If both teams are behind him, that must mean he's running for a TD. :D or running to the wrong endzone.

bvillebrahma010
11-20-2008, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by bullpen

There is no place for this. Zach has done a lot to help this team: his blocking (since we are a run oriented team) has been key. He has come up with several big catches along the way (it's a little harder to come up with every ball on Friday night than it is playing in the front yard on Sat morning). I hope you an friend just giving him a hard time. If not you are probably the tenth chair flute player in the band who has never played a down and obviously know little about the game. There is no point in singleing out any player for criticism on this board. Now hurry along before Mr. Prichet marks you late. [/B][/QUOTE]

yes, i am kidding with zach, in fact, hes my rotation partner on friday nights... so little mr harda$$ in the stands that thinks he knows when we should run 18 pitch or 243, you need to be quiet. you are probably one of the guys who sits in the stands behind the coaches and yalls at chancellor for angle kicking... and of course when you open your mouth to voice your unwanted/unneeded opinion, the other team drops the kickoff and we get the ball on the opponents 45. buddy, be quiet, sit in your stadium chair, eat your peanuts, and dont complain about all the calls since your soo perfect... zach i love you kiddo :) haha j boog your my hero

bvillebrahma010
11-20-2008, 01:17 AM
or running to the wrong endzone.

your dumb... go hunt ur birds...

hookandladder
11-20-2008, 07:12 AM
Wrong on both counts. Just because A beat B and B beat C, doesn't always mean that A would beat C. I wish Cuero could have played Giddings and Bellville, "donkey stomped" them as you say and ended all the mathematics.

That would be 2 more L's for your team.I said Giddings donkey stomped La Vernia and you would not donkey stomp either team.

hookandladder
11-20-2008, 07:17 AM
Dont be suprise when Bellville finds it diffcult to run the ball against La Vernia, they stack the line and have some speed. Bellville will have to pass on them to force them from playing that close to the line of scrimmage..

How did Giddings run all over them with such a great defense. How many points did they score, like 55.

hookandladder
11-20-2008, 07:29 AM

Better...Best Defense in our District.

Brahma84
11-20-2008, 07:56 AM
Heard yesterday that Nunn will have to have surgery on his leg, probably Monday. It looks like his injury is worse than they first thought. Good luck Garrette, you are in our prayers!

OldBison75
11-20-2008, 08:01 AM
The Rattler family will be sending prayers for the speedy recovery of Nunn. He is not only a fine athlete, but a great young man that shows you can be an athlete and a student. I hope he gets well soon and can continue his life and career with no complications.

Gobbla2001
11-20-2008, 08:05 AM
someone asked about Bellville's Speed on defense vs. Cuero's speed on defense... not here to argue who is faster 'cos frankly I haven't seen Bellville... but LV aint one of those teams you slow down with speed... you can't run on the ground, these kids knock you in the mouth...

but I think I might, jussss might be pulling for those dudes from the Pasture of Pain or whatever it's called...

hsfootballfan
11-20-2008, 10:59 AM
How did Giddings run all over them with such a great defense. How many points did they score, like 55.

It was 58. I saw LV play Giddings the 2nd game of the season and LV made a lot of mistakes in that game. They definitely did not have all the kinks worked out. Not saying they would have won without the mistakes, but I think the score would have been closer if LV had had it together. The potential was there; the execution was not.

I saw LV play Cuero the 5th game of the season, and the LV defense looked like a totally different team than from the Giddings game. It seemed like they had gotten it together and were humming along like a well-oiled machine. Some may call this a fluke; I call it being on a mission to prove themselves and carrying it off with near-perfect execution.

I don't know how this all factors into the game this week, I'm just making some observations. If the LV team that played Cuero shows up on Saturday, in my opinion they will be able to hold their own against Bellville. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

duckhunter
11-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
your dumb... go hunt ur birds...

you're*;) dumb......go hunt your* birds;)

duckhunter
11-20-2008, 11:06 AM
you are probably one of the guys who sits in the stands behind the coaches and yalls at chancellor for angle kicking... and of course when you open your mouth to voice your unwanted/unneeded opinion, the other team drops the kickoff and we get the ball on the opponents 45. dont complain about all the calls since your soo perfect... zach i love you kiddo :) haha j boog your my hero [/B][/QUOTE]

you're* you might need some extra help with you, your, you're, and when to use which one. maybe less time on the downlow, and more time studying?

yalls at chancellor??? i don't quite follow.

just think though if the other team drops the ball so much by kicking it deep the team could recover it on the 15 instead of the 45, and possibly might even be in field goal range then.

GreenMachine
11-20-2008, 12:41 PM
That would be 2 more L's for your team.I said Giddings donkey stomped La Vernia and you would not donkey stomp either team. Wow, you're from La Grange? Better luck next year ;) And once again, you know not what you are speaking :rolleyes:

44INAROW
11-20-2008, 12:50 PM
how many Cuero games have you seen this year? just asking

Gobbla2001
11-20-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
how many Cuero games have you seen this year? just asking

did we scrimmage LG this year? maybe then I dunno...

hookandladder
11-20-2008, 01:52 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 44INAROW
how many Cuero games have you seen this year? just asking [/QUOTE

I said best defense in our District. Have not seen a real game other than our srimmage against your team, was not overly impressed by your defense at that time.Why does everyone have to get their pannies in a wad when someone gives their opinion, just an opinion like anyone else.

hookandladder
11-20-2008, 01:56 PM
Wow, you're from La Grange? Better luck next year ;) And once again, you know not what you are speaking :rolleyes:

Great observation, we will wait til next year since we did not make the playoffs. I do not see any LG fans making any excuses or complaining, we did not take care of business. Classless response by a Cuero fan but not unexpected.

Gobbla2001
11-20-2008, 02:02 PM

I said best defense in our District. [/B]

I could care less whose team is faster, but in 44 and the rest's defense, the question was how their speed compared to Cuero's, and the first word in your reply was "Better"... just sayin'... yet another fan makes a great observation

:D

duckhunter
11-20-2008, 02:09 PM
:hijacktd:

44INAROW
11-20-2008, 02:56 PM
hopefully this will end the hijack :)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 44INAROW
how many Cuero games have you seen this year? just asking [/QUOTE

I said best defense in our District. Have not seen a real game other than our srimmage against your team, was not overly impressed by your defense at that time.Why does everyone have to get their pannies in a wad when someone gives their opinion, just an opinion like anyone else.

1st off - my panties aren't in a wad - I simply asked a question in response to the below question and your answer. You seemed to be so sure in your answer, I thought maybe you'd seen Cuero play a game or something

my reply was based on the fact that I don't usually make judgements on teams unless I have seen them 1st hand - ie -in a speed situation for sure. That's ok - Gobbla understood what I was talking about :) It's all a moot point anyway

;)

sabre1
11-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by hsfootballfan
It was 58. I saw LV play Giddings the 2nd game of the season and LV made a lot of mistakes in that game. They definitely did not have all the kinks worked out. Not saying they would have won without the mistakes, but I think the score would have been closer if LV had had it together. The potential was there; the execution was not.

I saw LV play Cuero the 5th game of the season, and the LV defense looked like a totally different team than from the Giddings game. It seemed like they had gotten it together and were humming along like a well-oiled machine. Some may call this a fluke; I call it being on a mission to prove themselves and carrying it off with near-perfect execution.

I don't know how this all factors into the game this week, I'm just making some observations. If the LV team that played Cuero shows up on Saturday, in my opinion they will be able to hold their own against Bellville. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
LV may had to work out the kinks, but i was also at that game and the Giddings defense didn't line up correctly all night, and LV only scored 28.

Reds fan
11-20-2008, 06:18 PM
Looking forward to Saturday night and watching the Brahma's display just how deep they are. C'mon Bulls stuff those bears for Thanksgiving!

pirate4state
11-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Looking forward to Saturday night and watching the Brahma's display just how deep they are. C'mon Bulls stuff those birds for Thanksgiving! what birds? :confused: LOL

Win or lose (Sinton) I will be at this game on Saturday. Hope to meet you, Brahma Mom & a few other Bellville fans and any others that may show up! :)

Reds fan
11-20-2008, 06:25 PM
what birds? :confused: LOL

Win or lose (Sinton) I will be at this game on Saturday. Hope to meet you, Brahma Mom & a few other Bellville fans and any others that may show up! :)

OOPS! just got thru goin' thru the Sealy/Cuero thread and got my mascots mixed up:nerd:

Oh well. cocktail hour started early here!!!!

trg
11-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Good luck to the Bulls tomorrow night. Going to be heading out in a little while to cheer on the Brahmanettes so won't be on. I think the Brahmas have a lot of talent and will take care of business tomorrow night in Victoria.

BrahmaMom
11-21-2008, 11:05 AM
p4s, I'll be there. Let's hope all the talk is about how Browning, Carter, Zach and the rest of the Brahmas are getting the job done! My prayers have been for Garrette all week. C'mon Brahmas, let's win this one for him! And for Bellville! We have the talent. Glad to see the coaches are serious about curfew. Hope to see lots of folks at the send-off from the square Saturday! The bus circles twice this week! Go Brahmas!!

gobbler grad
11-21-2008, 11:13 AM
M & G on the opposite end of the scoreboard, behind the bleachers...if that's OK with everyone...believe we met there before...
P4S can verify this!!!

trg
11-21-2008, 11:29 AM
BrahmaMom, you will have to do the yelling for me on the square on Saturday.

44INAROW
11-21-2008, 12:00 PM
wowsers...... this poll has been neck and neck all week.........

10-1 Bellville Brahmas 44 50.00%
10-1 La Vernia Bears 44 50.00%
Total: 88 votes 100%

pirate4state
11-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
M & G on the opposite end of the scoreboard, behind the bleachers...if that's OK with everyone...believe we met there before...
P4S can verify this!!!

that is correct. i sure hope they haven't changed their rules! didn't think to call them.

brahma mom pm me your # so we can meet. i'll be sitting with my family on the La Vernia side. My cousin is on the dance team.

BrahmaMom
11-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Looking forward to the M&G p4s. trg, I will cover making a fool of myself at the square for both of us. I guess you don't want to come to Bellville just to retrace your steps? So, I will be a tad louder! Brahmas, I am so pumped! Let's do it!! Yall are the BEST (I am saying this as a mom, no need for anyone on the board to think I am hating on La Vernia--I just lllloooovvee my Brahmas!! Moms are allowed to be biased!) GO BULLS!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 09:56 AM
:) There will be several Sinton fans in this game, if not webcast, i'll do updates of this game.

Sinton played Bellville back in 2001 i think in Victoria, if they meet will Bellville get to pick a closer site to them?

Bull's-eye
11-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Good luck Brahmas! :)

tortilla_man
11-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Any food recommendations down in Victoria?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-22-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by tortilla_man

Greek Brothers in El Campo.

44INAROW
11-22-2008, 01:23 PM

about 1/2 city block west of the stadium is/are 2 mexican places in a strip mall. One specializes in mexican seafood - excellent food. The other has traditional mexican food. They are on the opposite side of the street as the stadium on Sam Houston drive across the street from a used car lot. The food is great - we eat there alot........;) I can't remember the name - but it's something like "La Taqueiera" something like that :doh:

Stoney Larue was there last night - folks were standing outside waiting to get in

gobbler grad
11-22-2008, 01:33 PM

for all coming in on 77, past the mall there will be all kinds...Chilis, Roadhouse, Montana Mike's, Olive Garden...whatever you like...:D

and then your everyday fast foods...Taco Bell, Mickey D's, Whataburger, Popeyes...

tortilla_man
11-22-2008, 02:03 PM

I am coming down 59, so that might be something, I had it for the last game there in El Campo, might try the one in Victoria this time, its off of Naverro, hopefully its just as good.. love the rice

44INAROW
11-22-2008, 02:08 PM
I am coming down 59, so that might be something, I had it for the last game there in El Campo, might try the one in Victoria this time, its off of Naverro, hopefully its just as good.. love the rice

It is off Navarro - in the SPringcreek Mall.......

gobbler grad
11-22-2008, 03:17 PM
P4S can verify this!!!

somebody bringing the camera...:thinking:

Brahma84
11-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Well, the Bulls had a nice send-off around the square @2:30 and then hit the road to Victoria. Good luck Brahmas, we'll see ya there.

44INAROW
11-22-2008, 04:32 PM
somebody bringing the camera...:thinking:
do you need one GG? you can swing by and get mine if you need one

gobbler grad
11-22-2008, 04:35 PM
don't really want to be in charge of the pics...lol:D

BTownVBall3
11-22-2008, 06:57 PM
Webcasts?

KingRob
11-22-2008, 07:01 PM
This is going to be an uber game, but something tells me that La Vernia is going to come away with the win.

La Vernia - 23
Bellville - 17

Good Luck to both teams!

44INAROW
11-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
This is going to be an uber game, but something tells me that La Vernia is going to come away with the win.

La Vernia - 23
Bellville - 17

Good Luck to both teams!

that would be awesome....... I'll save the "smack talk" for later :p

scrub c
11-22-2008, 07:53 PM
IS THIS GAME ON THE WEB SOMEWHERE?

If not somebody post updates please...

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 08:14 PM
la vernia recieves the ball first and scored from a 64 yard touchdown run. 7 to 0. not at game yet on my way and will post.

bellville punted on their first drive la vernia took it and kicked field goal 10 to 0

44INAROW
11-22-2008, 08:18 PM
la vernia recieves the ball first and scored from a 64 yard touchdown run. 7 to 0. not at game yet on my way and will post.

bellville punted on their first drive la vernia took it and kicked field goal 10 to 0

keep it up Bears:clap: :clap:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 08:24 PM
K that was my wife that typed that

La Vernia 10 Bellville 0 1st qtr

getting updates til I get there in about 15 to 20 mins

44INAROW
11-22-2008, 08:26 PM
K that was my wife that typed that

La Vernia 10 Bellville 0 1st qtr

getting updates til I get there in about 15 to 20 mins

she did a fine job........ :clap:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Bellville has punted 3 times so far

La Vernia on their 3rd possession drove to Bellville 38 and got intercepted

end of 1st qtr

La Vernia 10 Bellville 0

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 08:45 PM
K at the game now

Bellville completes a pass inside the 10 of La Vernia but holding

2nd down and 20

Pass complete to rb out of backfield for a 36 yd TD pass

La Vernia 10 Bellville 7 with 5:27 left in 2nd qtr

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 08:48 PM
La Vernia returns kickoff to midfield and fumbles

Bellville recovers at their own 45

1st down

3 yd run
2nd down and 7
reverse pass is incompleteto a open reciever

3rd and 7

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Pass incomplete
4th and 7

punting

La Vernia starts at their own 33

1st down
loss of 3 yds

2nd down and 13

sacked for a loss of 7

3rd and 20 with 3:00 mins left in 2nd qtr

run for 12 yds

4th and 8 with 2:40 left in 2nd qtr

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 08:54 PM
punting

Bellville starts at theirtheir own 22

1st down
loss of a yd

2nd down and 11

no. 22 breaks it to La Vernia 22 for a 57 yd run with 1:20 left in 2nd2nd qtr

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 08:57 PM
1st down
1 yd run
2nd down
qb keeper for 5 yds

3rd and 4 with 46 secs left inin 2nd qtr

no time outs left for Bellville

Qb back to pass finds no reciever and runs it in for the TD with 38 secs left in 2nd qtr

Bellville 14 La Vernia 10

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 09:01 PM
La Vernia starts atat their own 33 with 29 secs left in 2nd qtr

La Vernia with 1 Time out remaining

La Vernia gets to Bellville 48 but time runs out

Bellville 14 La Vernia 10 Halftime

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 09:35 PM
15 yd kickoff and return to La Vernia 20 for Bellville

1st down
pass incomplete
2nd down and 10
rb run for 4 yds

3rd and 6 Bellville
Qb can't find a reciever but runs to 8 yd line for a 1st down
1st and goal

1 yd run

2nd down and goal from 7 yd line

Qb draw TD Bellville

Bellville 21 La Vernia 10 3rd qtr with 9:57 left

Pudlugger
11-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Way to hang in their Bellville! Settle down now and take control. Go D25!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 09:37 PM
La VerniaVernia starts at their own 25

1st down
2 yd gain

2nd down and 8
rb dropped for a loss
3rd and 9

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 09:39 PM
pass incomplete

4th and 9

punting

Bellville returns punt to La Vernia 45

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 09:43 PM
6 yd run by no.15 Billy Carte

2nd down and 4

Billy Carter to La Vernia 19 for 1st down

1st down
reverse for a 5 yd loss

2nd down and 15
pitch back to Billy Carter fumble but he recovers back to La Vernia 31

3rd and 22

pass incomplete but pass interference on La Vernia

Bellville at La Vernia 16
1st down

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 09:46 PM
Holding Bellville

1st and 20 with 5:25 lleft in 3rd Qtr

Pass complete to a open reciever for a TD

Bellville 28 La Vernia 10 with 5:16 left in 3rd Qtr

buff4ever
11-22-2008, 09:47 PM
hang on to this bellville. Put em away and on to Sinton.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 09:48 PM
La Vernia starts at their own 18

1st down
pass incomplete
2nd down and 10

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 09:50 PM
quick pass for 9 yds

3rd and 1

run to La Vernia own 32 for a 1st down

1st down
pass incomplete

2nd down and 10

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 09:52 PM
screen pass for yd

3rd and 9

pass intercepted at La Vernia 45

Bellville 1st down

run for 3 yds with 3:22 left in 3rd

2nd down and 7

Billy Carter for 5 yds

3rd and 2

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 09:55 PM
false start Bellville

3rd and 7

Billy Carter for a loss of 3 yds

4th and 10

punting

La VerniaVernia starts at own 19 with 1:16 left iin 3rd

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 09:57 PM
La Vernia couple of plays get them to their own 32 with a 1st down

pass incomplete

2nd down and 10
pass incomplete

3rd and 10

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 09:59 PM
Pass complete but blocking in back

3rd and 20

pass incomplete

4th and 20
punting with 9 secs left in 3rd

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 10:00 PM
65 yd punt

Bellville starts at their own 10 yd line

end of 3rd qtr

Bellville 28 La Vernia 10

buff4ever
11-22-2008, 10:02 PM
La vernia isn't going to like District 25, they will finish this season with only 2 loses, both coming to teams from this district.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 10:03 PM
loss of a yd

2nd down and 11

run to their own 23 for a 1st down

1st down
run for a yd

2nd down and 9

scrub c
11-22-2008, 10:04 PM
wow...

good job bellville, Im impressed now.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 10:05 PM
3rd and 9

face mask La Vernia

Bellville 1st down at their own 39

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 10:07 PM
Bellville with a 3rd and 3 at their own 46 with 7:26 left in game

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 10:09 PM
false start

3rd and 7

Pass complete for 4 yd loss

Time out La Vernia

4th and 11

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 10:12 PM
La VerniaVernia starts at their own 31

pass complete to 47

1st down

qb keeper for no gain

6:36 left

44INAROW
11-22-2008, 10:14 PM
sounds like Bellville has this one pretty much sewed up. Congrats on the win.
Good/great season Bears...... :clap:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 10:14 PM
pass incomplete

3rd and 10

pass incomplete

4th and 10

going for it

pass incomplete

Bellville ball at La Vernia 47

with 6:19 left in game

Bellville 28 La Vernia 10

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Bellville punted

La Vernia starts at their own 20 with 4:35 left in game

False start La Vernia

1st down and 15

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 10:21 PM
3:39 left in game

La Vernia at Bellville 48

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 10:25 PM
La Vernia with a 26 td pass

Bellville 28 La Vernia 16

2 point try no good

2:55 left

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 10:26 PM
onside kick

La Vernia recoverss at Bellville 40 with 2:55 left in game

gobbler grad
11-22-2008, 10:28 PM
this game could have went either way ...Bellville brought out the trick plays in the 1st half...kinda how they got back into it...:thinking:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 10:29 PM
4 th and 1

pass to end zone incomplete

Bellville ball with 1:43 left

Bellville 28 La Vernia 16 final

BTownVBall3
11-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Could have went either way....Are you kidding me? La Vernia went almost 3 qtrs without scoring.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2008, 10:35 PM
4 th and 1

pass to end zone incomplete

Bellville ball with 1:43 left

Bellville 28 La Vernia 16 final with 22 secs left Bellville calls timeout and scored from around 35 of La Vernia

Bellville 35 La Vernia 16 with 14 secs left

K now this is the final :)

Bellville 35 La Vernia 16 Final

gobbler grad
11-22-2008, 10:36 PM
i'm talking the 1st half...I was there...neither one impressed me much...LV had 2 big plays and a few turnovers...Bellville had trouble moving the ball...:thinking: just what I saw...:rolleyes:

also glag to meet BrahmaMom and TRG tonight...and nice seeing P4S again...:wave:

44INAROW
11-22-2008, 10:38 PM
thanks for the updates SFIA - as always - a good job with non-biased information...... :clap: :clap:

buff4ever
11-22-2008, 10:40 PM
great job bellville. Bellville defense did a great job against a tough La Vernia offense.

D25 with 2 of 3 advancing!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

sinton66
11-22-2008, 10:44 PM
Congrats Brahmas, looking forward to the rematch.

gobbler grad
11-22-2008, 10:46 PM
congrats to the brahmas...good luck next week against the pirates...:clap:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2008, 12:52 AM
La Vernia likes to stack the line with 8 man front and Bellville was able to take advantage of that by passing or the QB scrambling when he didnt find a receiver. La Vernia never adjusted and kept playing for stopping the run. Looking forward to Sinton vs Bellville :)

pirate4state
11-23-2008, 01:23 AM
i'm talking the 1st half...I was there...neither one impressed me much...LV had 2 big plays and a few turnovers...Bellville had trouble moving the ball...:thinking: just what I saw...:rolleyes:

also glag to meet BrahmaMom and TRG tonight...and nice seeing P4S again...:wave: good to see you too & it was GREAT meeting BrahmaMom (finally!) & TRG.

Sorry the other Bellville posters didn't show!

And we didn't have a camera. LOL

We can try again Friday.

On the game...good job Brahmas turning it around. after going down 10-0 early i thought maybe LV was gonna pull the "upset", but yall kept it together and turned it on! :thumbsup:

Good season Bears!

Reds fan
11-23-2008, 02:11 AM
Team Stats from Houston Chronicle
La Vernia- Bellville
Total yards 384- 347
First downs 14- 16
Rushes/Yds 28/204- 45/279
Average rush 7.29- 6.2
Comp/Atts 14/33- 6/11
Pass yards 180- 68
Comp pct 42.42- 54.55
Punts 3- 7
Punting Yards 149- 262
Punting Average 49.67- 37.43
Fumbles/Lost 1/1- 2/0
Penalties-yards 7-57- 6-45

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-23-2008, 02:24 AM
good to see you too & it was GREAT meeting BrahmaMom (finally!) & TRG.

Sorry the other Bellville posters didn't show!

So their were only 3 at the meet and greet? Their were about 7 or 8 more Bellville posters their. I dont think I need to give a reason why they were a no show @ the meeting? Did you really think they would?

pirate4state
11-23-2008, 02:28 AM
So their were only 3 at the meet and greet? Their were about 7 or 8 more Bellville posters their. I dont think I need to give a reason why they were a no show @ the meeting? Did you really think they would? Of course. Why wouldn't I? :confused:

Bull's-eye
11-23-2008, 02:38 AM
La Vernia likes to stack the line with 8 man front and Bellville was able to take advantage of that by passing or the QB scrambling when he didnt find a receiver. La Vernia never adjusted and kept playing for stopping the run. Looking forward to Sinton vs Bellville :)

Bellville went with a single back and sent 3-4 receivers wide, this really opened up the middle of the La Vernia defense. I noticed that when the Bellville QB stepped up in the pocket, he had a clear lane to run. The Bellville coaches picked up on this and used this formation most of the 2nd half. Bellville found a way to exploit the Bear's weaknesses and not play to their strengths. I thought La Vernia had the best lateral run pursuit of any team that I have watched this year. It wasn't a matter of them adjusting, Bellville just found a way to spread them out and forced them to cover the pass. This opened up the inside running game and allowed the QB to run when nobody was open.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-23-2008, 02:56 AM
this game could have went either way ...Bellville brought out the trick plays in the 1st half...kinda how they got back into it...:thinking:

Did Bellville score on all trick plays? What a dumb statement!
Lets see the Sealy vs Cuero game could have gone either way.

Bull's-eye
11-23-2008, 03:06 AM
Did Bellville score on all trick plays? What a dumb statement!
Lets see the Sealy vs Cuero game could have gone either way.

I could see very early on that if Bellville continued to run out of a regular formation, they would probably end up losing this game. La Vernia's run pursuit was outstanding. I don't know about trick plays, but the wide formation really opened things up for the Bellville offense. Maybe if Cuero would of adjusted against La Vernia or called a few trick plays, they wouldn't loss 21-6. :thinking:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-23-2008, 03:11 AM
Maybe if Cuero would of adjusted against La Vernia or called a few trick plays, they wouldn't loss 21-6. :thinking:
La Vernia beat Cuero?You mean Bellville beat a team that beat Cuero?

Bull's-eye
11-23-2008, 03:43 AM
Outstanding job by the Bellville coaching staff. I'm probably the first one to question their decisions, so I'm making sure to praise them on a great job. Early on, I knew that La Vernia was much more physical and Bellville would have to adjust their game to have any chance of winning. Give credit to the coaches for not panicking after falling behind 10-0. They found a way to take away the Bear's strengths and make them vunerable by spreading their defense.

KingRob
11-23-2008, 04:07 AM
La Vernia beat Cuero?You mean Bellville beat a team that beat Cuero?

Yes, it looks that way. Just like Cuero beat a team that beat Bellville. Weird, this game they call football.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2008, 07:53 AM
Dont be suprise when Bellville finds it diffcult to run the ball against La Vernia, they stack the line and have some speed. Bellville will have to pass on them to force them from playing that close to the line of scrimmage.. :thinking: Bellville adjusted and like Bulls eye said they spread them out but La Vernia still played 8 defenders close to the line. Bellville also adjusted defensively and they ran they're blitzes up the middle forcing the QB to move out of the pocket.

sinton66
11-23-2008, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by KingRob
Yes, it looks that way. Just like Cuero beat a team that beat Bellville. Weird, this game they call football.

How many starters were injured from the Bay City game when La Vernia beat Cuero? I heard there were several sidelined.

Pudlugger
11-23-2008, 08:46 AM
Congratulations to the Brahmas, the D25 champs really played a great football game. No turnovers, few penalties, a solid team effort and excellent coaching all in one neat package. Good luck against Sinton. Hope you stay sharp.

Brahma84
11-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Wow! After a very slow start, Bellville settled in and played a great game against La Vernia. The defense made the right adjustments and forced the QB to throw on the run where he was less accurate. We also benefited from several turnovers and costly penalties by La Vernia. The offense took a while to figure out what to do without Nunn. Mueller, Houston, Runnels and Carter all stepped up their game last night. Congratulations Bulls on a great win and way to prove that, while Nunn is a great player, he is not the only one we have.

Bull's-eye
11-23-2008, 11:00 AM
:thinking: Bellville adjusted and like Bulls eye said they spread them out but La Vernia still played 8 defenders close to the line.

No, they couldn't play an 8 man front after Bellville went wide with 4 receivers. LV had to play man to man with a safety over the top. This left only a 6 man front.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2008, 11:06 AM
No, they couldn't play an 8 man front after Bellville went wide with 4 receivers. LV had to play man to man with a safety over the top. This left only a 6 man front. DBs could of back of the line instead of showing 8 man front still. Either way, that was i said had to be done to beat them was pass on them as they're fast and crowd the line to stop the run in both games i saw them in.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-23-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
How many starters were injured from the Bay City game when La Vernia beat Cuero? I heard there were several sidelined.

Were is Buff4ever, they are talking injured players, we got drilled when we stated we had injured players. We were wine-ers?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Were is Buff4ever, they are talking injured players, we got drilled when we stated we had injured players. We were wine-ers? where did a Sinton poster drilled you about being whiners on injured players? :D :)

Bull's-eye
11-23-2008, 04:10 PM
where did a Sinton poster drilled you about being whiners on injured players? :D :)

Did he say they were Sinton posters?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Did he say they were Sinton posters? :) just kidding with him

Brahma84
11-23-2008, 06:22 PM
It was nice to see that Garrette Nunn made the trip to Victoria and was even out with captains on the field. He did a good job of keeping the team fired up. Good luck with the surgery tomorrow and we hope you are able to travel to San Marcos on Friday.

OldBison75
11-23-2008, 06:35 PM
The Bellville players and coaches found the combinations necessary to win the game. Congratulations Bulls. Now it's on to next week and Sinton.

To all the Bellville posters, I thought you guys would have trouble with a new offensive approach without Nunn. Well , you proved me wrong, like about 10 people a day do. Now it's time to move past this game and get the fire cooking for the next one.

Sinton is undefeated for a reason, they have played every opponent that has challenged and found a way to win, just like you did this week against LaVernia. Don't under estimate the boys from Sinton. They will play a defense that will bend and bend and bend until you get inside the red zone, and then they clamp down. Thier offense is capavble of making alot of big plays.

You have the edge in overall athletic ability in my opinion, but you better be ready to play and ready to fight. They have seen how you adjust to the game situation and will be well prepared for whatever you do.

Good luck Bulls.

BrahmaMom
11-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Congrats to the Brahmas--we were sucker-punched at first, scared me. But the team didn't give up, coaches made necessary adjustments and players followed through. We had not played such a physical team, but adapted there as well. You have a fired up fan base, stay focused this week. Let's play one game at a time and get the job done in San Marcos on Friday.