PDA

View Full Version : Austin Reagan-Burnet Preview

Matthew328
08-27-2003, 09:38 AM
Austin Reagan vs Burnet
7:30 Friday Burnet (I don't know the name of their stadium)
Last Year: Burnet 33 Austin Reagan 6

Key Players: Reagan QB Damien McCradic, LB Anthony Collins
Burnet QB Stephen McGee, WR Jordan Shipley

About Reagan: The Raiders were 10-3 last year and improved a lot as the season progressed, they are young at many of the skill positions, but solid on both lines..McCradic leads the offense as he was 10-1 last year as a starting QB, The Raiders never have a shortage of skill kids and with a good line they could be dangerous..

About Burnet: What more needs to be said about the Bulldogs? McGee and Shipley are dangerous when they walk into the stadium...Ty Kuhn is maybe the best LB in 3A and the O-Line looks to be solid with Eddie Rollman back, however the running game is still a question mark and O-Line questions have risen during the scrimmages...

Overall: Reagan will be out for revenge as many feel they totally dismissed Burnet before the game and then were promptly dismantled by the Bulldogs 33-6, they'll be ready for sure..however Burnet may have too many weapons and too much experience..Reagan will make this one one of the better games to watch in Central Texas but Burnet should take this one..Burnet by 9

HotDawg89
08-27-2003, 03:31 PM
I hope you're right. And it is Bulldog Stadium- for future reference.

I say Reagan by at least 7.

20dawgz05
08-27-2003, 08:55 PM
WAIT A MIN HOTDAWG!!!!!..u ruitin for the other team come on now man!!!! they got the shame we got the game!!!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-27-2003, 09:09 PM
I would give the game to Burnet in just about any contest, except for my team, the Rockdale Tigers, but nonetheless, they are a rock solid team with a lot of talent. McGee is probably the most courageous and talented QB's in 3A. According to Texas Football, he is 6'3" and runs a 4.5. In the last three games of the year he had a fractured bone and a torn MCL and still played. Shipley is one of the most unselfish players that I have seen. He does it all. If he doesn't get a pass thrown to him, he comes back and blocks. He is lethal any time that he is on the field. The team overall works well as a whole. They work together and have a lot of heart and take the meaning of teamwork to a whole new level. All in all, they are a very balanced team and I think that they can duplicate last year's score if they are the same team that I saw play the last three games of the year last season.

HotDawg89
08-27-2003, 09:52 PM
No, no no- not rootin for the other team- I am a die hard. I would hate to see us loose this game, but I think it could happen. I saw the scrimmage last weekend- if we play like that I don't know how we could pull it off. Also, I am trying really hard to be a pessimist about this game, cause if we loose, I don't think I could handle it. I may have to trade in my tie-dyed t-shirt and quit jumping on the fence...LOL... I am just preparing myself for the worst case scenario. I'll beef up my "smack talk" after I have seen our dogs in action in a few games! McGee is a beautiful site to behold- when his line is blocking and letting him pass that ball... I wanna see it before I puff up my quills!