PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watching the UFC Fight Tonight

eagles_victory
11-15-2008, 11:05 PM
Anyone think Couture can beat Lesnar tonight?

mwynn05
11-15-2008, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Anyone think Couture can beat Lesnar tonight? is it on tv or ppv?

eagles_victory
11-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
is it on tv or ppv? PPV

mwynn05
11-15-2008, 11:16 PM
then no im not

eagles_victory
11-16-2008, 12:11 AM
Lesnar wins by 2nd round knockout

King_LeYoeNidas
11-16-2008, 12:22 AM
HAHA!!! I LOVE IT!! UFC fans are gonna be pissed that a "fake wrestler" just came in and PWND their champion!! Way to go Brock!!!!!!!!!!

eagles_victory
11-16-2008, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
HAHA!!! I LOVE IT!! UFC fans are gonna be pissed that a "fake wrestler" just came in and PWND their champion!! Way to go Brock!!!!!!!!!! The crowd was anti Lesnar thats for sure.

rockdale80
11-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
HAHA!!! I LOVE IT!! UFC fans are gonna be pissed that a "fake wrestler" just came in and PWND their champion!! Way to go Brock!!!!!!!!!!

Brock Lesnar is not a fake wrestler. He was an All American and National Champion in college. He also had 45 pounds on a 45 year old man that has not fought in over a year. :hand:

At no point was I pissed, but I was sad. I have been a Couture fan for years and idolize him as a fighter. It is sad to know that this was probably his last fight.

Gobbler Fan
11-16-2008, 04:02 PM
http://www.mmahacks.com/video/couture-lesnar.html

Lesnar looks like a giant :eek:

3afan
11-16-2008, 04:03 PM
UFC = WWE in a few years ....

rockdale80
11-16-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

Not even close.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-16-2008, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

I think your right. They need to keep the personalities to a minimum, and not let the athletes market themselves too much. The best fighters don't need to do that anyway.

rockdale80
11-17-2008, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
I think your right. They need to keep the personalities to a minimum, and not let the athletes market themselves too much. The best fighters don't need to do that anyway.

So you think the UFC will be choreographed and the fighting will be fake?

Technoredneck
11-17-2008, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
So you think the UFC will be choreographed and the fighting will be fake?
all I know is that I had a coach in school that had been a "semi-Pro" boxer back when he was younger. The had to fight every week to make any money. He said that it didn't take too long for them to figure out that they wouldn't/couldn't fight every week if they got their brains beat out. So he said they came up with a plan to let themselves survive.

WWE fights pretty often so they can sell it to the TV. Don't see any way UFC or PRIDE can fight that often without some choeography.

my 2 cents

mwynn05
11-17-2008, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Brock Lesnar is not a fake wrestler. He was an All American and National Champion in college. He also had 45 pounds on a 45 year old man that has not fought in over a year. :hand:

At no point was I pissed, but I was sad. I have been a Couture fan for years and idolize him as a fighter. It is sad to know that this was probably his last fight. Sounded like a good fight

Electus Unus
11-17-2008, 02:13 AM
Lesnar is a beast and Couture was in over his head for being as old as he was. In my opinion if this fight was about 5-7 years ago Couture could win fairly easy. Has anyone noticed that Lesnar looks smaller since he left WWE? Is it because he no longer uses steroids?

Rabbit'93
11-17-2008, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Technoredneck
all I know is that I had a coach in school that had been a "semi-Pro" boxer back when he was younger. The had to fight every week to make any money. He said that it didn't take too long for them to figure out that they wouldn't/couldn't fight every week if they got their brains beat out. So he said they came up with a plan to let themselves survive.

WWE fights pretty often so they can sell it to the TV. Don't see any way UFC or PRIDE can fight that often without some choeography.

my 2 cents Actually the UFC fighters (big names) fight about as much as boxers. Maybe two times a year. Plus the punishment the UFC fighters take is minimal most times. Boxers will stand and take hundreds of punches for 10/12 rounds where as a UFC fight may not go over 5 minutes.

rockdale80
11-17-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Technoredneck

my 2 cents

Wow. That is nuts that you think it is fake. I guess the blood is fake too. :rolleyes:

wimbo_pro
11-17-2008, 11:08 AM
anyone notice on the video that the "Tale of the Tape" showed a hieght difference of an inch or two? Come on...he was at LEAST 4 inches taller than Couture....maybe more.