PDA

View Full Version : Madison-v- Kennedale

RPF2666
11-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Anyone know whats going on in this game?

3afan
11-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Madison 20
Kennedale 14
halftime

RPF2666
11-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Thanks!

footballfan62
11-15-2008, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by RPF2666
Thanks!

It's being updated on http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/ as a scroll. 27-21 in the 3rd so says hsgametime.

RPF2666
11-15-2008, 10:08 PM
got it, thanks!

Bruce
11-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Madison 39-34 up with 7:18 in the 4th.Thanks

WOS87
11-15-2008, 11:11 PM
Kennedale 41
Madison 39
4th Q

Bruce
11-15-2008, 11:12 PM
Kennadale 41-39 1:35 in the 4th.Thanks!

footballfan62
11-15-2008, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Kennedale 41
Madison 39
4th Q

Going down to the wire; looks like

Bruce
11-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Kenadale wins 41-39.Thanks!

footballfan62
11-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Thank you for the updates.

3afan
11-16-2008, 07:45 AM
MANSFIELD--Steven Sanders got a sack on the final play of the game as Kennedale beat Madison, 41-39, in a thrilling Class 3A Division II Region II game at Mansfield ISD Stadium.
With 17 seconds remaining and Madison--out of timeouts--driving with the ball to Kennedale's 26 yard line, Sanders sacked Madison quarterback Anthony Williams, and the clock ran out as Madison (7-4) attempted to line up for another play.
The game was an offensive showcase, with both teams combining for 785 yards rushing. Three players had over 100 yards: Madison runningbacks Reginald Peagram (247 yards with three touchdowns) and Vernon Hunt (198 with 2 TDs), and Kennedale's Aaron Wingfield (189 with 3 TDs).
Madison, leading 39-34 with the ball with 3:28 remaining, had a chance to potentially run out the clock or go ahead by two scores, but a critical fumble by Peagram on Madison's 35-yard line gave Kennedale (9-2) a chance to take the lead.
Six plays later, after converting a 4th-and-2 with a 17-yard pass from Wes Roberson to Kodie Cadenhead, Wingfield scored on a 2-yard run to take the lead.
Madison, with 1:27 remaining, moved the ball from their 20-yard line to Kennedale's 26, expending their last two timeouts along the way. Right before the sack, Williams converted a 4th-and-6 with a 12-yard pass to Julius Nelson.
The game matched the firepower shown in the team's first meeting earlier this season, a 49-40 Kennedale win on September 5, where both teams combined for 680 rushing yards.

bobcat1
11-16-2008, 09:04 AM
It looks like tree extra point tries were costly for Madison.

JR2004
11-20-2008, 04:17 PM
I thought about this game for a few days so I wouldn't make a knee-jerk reaction to ending another season prematurely. The last month of our season was tough due to Coach Lewis passing away, but I felt like our players did him proud and did the best they could over our final four games. I felt so bad seeing our guys laying on the field at the end of the game as time ran out, but that was the beginning of the healing process for them I think. They really haven't had time to digest losing a coach that meant so much to them and I'd imagine the next few months will be tough for them (and the rest of the students in general) not seeing him at school anymore.

As for the game, that was a punch in the gut. I never really say a thing about folks who officiate our games because as a Madison fan you have to know you're going to be a highly penalized team. I can stomach 8-10 penalties per game, but 17-150 was just ridiculous. That conference that took 15 minutes after Kennedale scored was, well, beyond ridiculous. Two of those officials have no business ever doing a playoff game.

JR2004
11-20-2008, 04:38 PM
As for what happened on the field...

Our last possession is what frustrates me to no end about our football program. I spent the afternoon at Texas Stadium watching Hebron vs. LD Bell. I watched Hebron get the ball at their own 32 yard line with 1:45 or so to go in the game and they were down 17-14. They had no timeouts left, but proceeded to march right down the field and score and had 18 seconds to spare. That's a well-coached offense. They even had a sack during that sequence that lost about 12 yards, but they still scored. We get the ball at our own 20 with 1:35 left. We have ALL THREE timeouts available. Our first play goes 28 yards to Peagram and he gets out of bounds and used just six seconds. So of course with the game on the line, we're still subbing out all five skill players every other down. We proceed to burn all three timeouts within the next four plays and with the game in the balance our best player, Reggie Peagram, is standing right next to our OC and head coach because it wasn't his turn to be in the game. I won't repeat the words I used at that moment on here as I watched time run out because we burned all our timeouts.

Our QB had to get every play yelled in from the sideline because we don't work on the 2 minute drill in practice. It's not a part of our offense. We didn't practice running a two minute drill once the entire season. I'm not joking about that. You'd think we would since we lost last year in the playoffs because of the exact same thing, but we don't. I just can't fathom a team not having a two minute offense, but we don't.

We have a 6'2 225lbs back who runs a 4.5 standing on the sideline with our season in the balance. That's a cake winner right there. The kid had 16 carries for 247 yards and 3 TD's (He had an 85 yard TD called back on a hold or it would've been 17-332 and 4 TD's. He averaged 10 ypc for the season.) and he had as much say on the final play as a fan in the stands. Imagine for a minute you're a Celina fan and your season is on the line and you look out there and don't see McCartney, Waldrep (if healthy) or Lavey out there throwing the lead block on a 4th and goal at the one. How hacked would you be to see the 2nd unit out there with the season on the line?

This game is going to be hard to digest for a good while. I've seen a lot of good RB's this year in person or on film and the only kid I've seen that can say they are better than Peagram in any class is Chris Whaley (I watched Hopkins for FM Marcus that same day and Hopkins would be sitting on the sidelines if they had Peagram). If Peagram was at Trinity, Allen, SLC or any other major program he would've been well over 2000 yards right now and would still be playing and he sure as heck wouldn't have had to be coming off the field every other play.

As good as Shawnbrey McNeal was for us, this kid has him beat by a country mile as a RB. It's not even close. We're very fortunate that we'll have Peagram back for another year next season. He'll be good enough by himself to carry a team to a deep playoff run next year. If Liberty Hill, WO-S, Gilmer, Brownwood or Wylie had this kid y'all wouldn't quit talking about him. I don't talk up our players often, but this kid is special. Some kids you just know are that good and Peagram is one of them.

OldNavy
11-20-2008, 08:04 PM
JR2004,
I was at the game and had seen Madison play Carrollton Ranchview. I expressed an interest in the fact that all the skill positions changed out every play except the quarterback. I know Madison has many outstanding athletes, however, in a close game or even on some key plays, it would seem you need to have your BEST eleven on the field.

However, penalties and missed kicks certianly had a hand in the loss and could have made the difference so the last play would have been un-important.

I agree Mr Peagram seems to be the real deal!

bleedgreen
11-20-2008, 08:26 PM
I've been waiting several days for you to say something and I'm glad you finally got it out there. I wasn't looking at the Kennedale players celebrating at the end of the game....I was looking at the Dallas Madison Trojans and trying to imagine what was going through their minds. You can't sink much lower than that with your face on the ground.

I will remember this game for as long as I live because this will be the turning point for Dallas Madison. I look for this team to stick together and come back next year with great confidence and dedication. Believe in yourselves and your abilities and you'll wind up at the top. It's been exciting to watch a great team.

BleedOrange
11-20-2008, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by bleedgreen
I've been waiting several days for you to say something and I'm glad you finally got it out there. I wasn't looking at the Kennedale players celebrating at the end of the game....I was looking at the Dallas Madison Trojans and trying to imagine what was going through their minds. You can't sink much lower than that with your face on the ground.

I will remember this game for as long as I live because this will be the turning point for Dallas Madison. I look for this team to stick together and come back next year with great confidence and dedication. Believe in yourselves and your abilities and you'll wind up at the top. It's been exciting to watch a great team.

I wish all the best for Madison next year. Good luck to all of those fine young men.