eagles_victory
11-15-2008, 05:19 PM
Baylor leads 20-7 late in the second quarter

3afan
11-15-2008, 05:21 PM
:clap:

Maroon87
11-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Griffin is going to keep a lot of Big 12 DC's awake at night for a few years...

bwdlionfan
11-15-2008, 05:57 PM
27-7 in the 3rd!!! wow! I'm not really a big fan of either but I support Baylor in this game, I've said all season I thought Baylor would beat AM this year, but I didn't think it'd be like this.

buff4life
11-15-2008, 06:20 PM
41-7 now...

listening to dave south is brutal but talk aobut the wheels just fallin off

cshscougar08
11-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Hahahahahaha!!!! A&M being so bad makes me happy.

Phil C
11-15-2008, 06:25 PM
Baylor may be tougher for Tech to beat than some people think.
Good thing for Tech the game is in Lubbock.

Come on
11-15-2008, 06:27 PM
I feel so bad for the Aggies, :thinking: NOT

cshscougar08
11-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Come on
I feel so bad for the Aggies, :thinking: NOT

I know right? Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of folks.

Maroon87
11-15-2008, 06:38 PM
This is the sound of A&M quitting...(sorry BBDE but that's how I see it)

handNthedirt
11-15-2008, 06:43 PM
Any word out of Aggieland if they're bringing Sherman back next season? God I hope not...that guy is a bum, man.

Aesculus gilmus
11-15-2008, 06:47 PM
Less than two weeks from today, Sherman will be a hero as the Fightin' Texas Aggies git'er done again in the only game that really matters to them.

eagles_victory
11-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Less than two weeks from today, Sherman will be a hero as the Fightin' Texas Aggies git'er done again in the only game that really matters to them. If that was true Fran would still have a job.

Maroon87
11-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
If that was true Fran would still have a job.

You know...you're pretty smart sometimes.:D

3afan
11-15-2008, 07:32 PM
41-21 final

sahen
11-16-2008, 01:29 AM
am i ever glad i came up to watch the game this week! what a butt kicking!

Scrambler
11-16-2008, 01:53 AM
I was at the game today also. That was the best I have seen Baylor play. Sure wish they had won some of those earlier games that were close, including the Missouri game to make them bowl eligible. I don't think they can count on a victory in Lubbock to get them there.

bandera7
11-16-2008, 01:54 AM
you know, as an aggie...I called this. I knew our DC wouldnt gameplan for Griffin right. And I said they would beat us, and probably hand it to us.

That being said, I am a Sherman fan, all the way. The guy is working on building a program here. These things dont happen in one year. It takes a few. I project that in the 2010 football season we might be scary, with Jeff Fuller and Cyrus Gray being juniors. Those two are pretty dang good ball players.

29-3aFAN
11-16-2008, 04:21 AM
Da Bears will be pretty good the next few years I think.

sic'em
11-16-2008, 10:34 AM
That being said, I am a Sherman fan, all the way. The guy is working on building a program here. These things dont happen in one year. It takes a few. I project that in the 2010 football season we might be scary

In one year Briles has overtaken a&m and made Baylor relevant. I am now the biggest Grandpa Sherm fan in the world. He just got donkey stomped by a team with infinitely less talent, infinitely less money, and a first year coach. This loss destroys a&m football b/c the "cupboard is bare" argument is impossible to use. Briles is where college football is and where it is going. Grandpa Sherm is where it was when we left the SWC. If you are the average recruit there is no way you would want to play in that 1992 offense.

87 TIGER
11-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Wow Baylor looked pretty good, Sherman an the aggies looked pretty bad and have looked bad all year. I thought Sherman was supposed to be the answer, or was that Fran i'm not sure. This season imo really hurts the ags in recruiting. Sherman may have done more damage than just having a losing season. Briles recruiting just went through the roof with that QB they have what kid wouldnt want to play with a talent like that.

WylieBulldog92
11-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by sic'em
In one year Briles has overtaken a&m and made Baylor relevant. I am now the biggest Grandpa Sherm fan in the world. He just got donkey stomped by a team with infinitely less talent, infinitely less money, and a first year coach. This loss destroys a&m football b/c the "cupboard is bare" argument is impossible to use. Briles is where college football is and where it is going. Grandpa Sherm is where it was when we left the SWC. If you are the average recruit there is no way you would want to play in that 1992 offense.
So one year = end of the world? Give Sherman a break, these are hardly the players that he recruited and a totally different system compared to last year, and I do believe the talent is equal on both teams, Robert Griffin is going to be mentioned in the Big 12 QB's next year.

All in all you have me saying your ignorance is stupendous, did you know Coach Sherman was a head coach with the Green Bay Packers from 2000-2005?
Not only that, but he was offensive coordinator for the Texans last year. With that, I have no idea where your "1992 offense" comment came from, lay off the methamphetamines.

bandera7
11-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Haha. Good post Bulldog92.

Sherman did more damage? The day he signed with A&M we picked up Jeff Fuller, and some other recruits that were just waiting to see if it was him.
And Griffin is the reason we lost. That kid can flat out play. To put all the credit on Briles is a bit ridiculous. Sure, he recruited Griffin, but wasnt there a thread just a bit ago about how he missed all those players in his backyard? He found a special talent in Griffin, and he is reaping the benefits for his spectacular recruit.

Gobbler Fan
11-16-2008, 03:58 PM
And you thought Fran was bad...
-Worst margin of defeat to Baylor since 1980 (20 points)
-2nd loss to Baylor in 22 years
-Most losses in a season at Kyle Field (5)
-Most points ever given up at Kyle field (66, OU)
-2nd biggest margin of defeat ever at Kyle Field (38 point loss to OU - the record is a 39 point loss to Baylor in 1980)
-1st ever loss to a non-BCS team at Kyle Field (Arkansas St)

-Arkansas St beat Texas A&M at Kyle Field, then went on to lose 5 out of the next 8 games, including losing to ULa-La and Florida International.
-Kansas St. beat Texas A&M by 14 points at Kyle Field, then fired their head coach 3 weeks later.
-Miami scored 41 points at Kyle Field. They averaged 23 points per game against other BCS teams.
-Baylor scored 41 points on Texas A&M. They averaged 24 points per game against other BCS teams.
-Iowa St. gained 574 yards on Texas A&M. They averaged 333 yards per game against other teams.

-Worst rushing offense in the Big 12
-98th worst rushing offense in the nation
-Worst rushing defense in the Big 12
-112th worst rushing defense in the nation
-Worst scoring defense in the Big 12
-Worst defense in the Big 12 by yards per game
-110th worst defense in the nation by yards per game

:p

Fal44
11-16-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
And you thought Fran was bad...
-Worst margin of defeat to Baylor since 1980 (20 points)
-2nd loss to Baylor in 22 years
-Most losses in a season at Kyle Field (5)
-Most points ever given up at Kyle field (66, OU)
-2nd biggest margin of defeat ever at Kyle Field (38 point loss to OU - the record is a 39 point loss to Baylor in 1980)
-1st ever loss to a non-BCS team at Kyle Field (Arkansas St)

-Arkansas St beat Texas A&M at Kyle Field, then went on to lose 5 out of the next 8 games, including losing to ULa-La and Florida International.
-Kansas St. beat Texas A&M by 14 points at Kyle Field, then fired their head coach 3 weeks later.
-Miami scored 41 points at Kyle Field. They averaged 23 points per game against other BCS teams.
-Baylor scored 41 points on Texas A&M. They averaged 24 points per game against other BCS teams.
-Iowa St. gained 574 yards on Texas A&M. They averaged 333 yards per game against other teams.

-Worst rushing offense in the Big 12
-98th worst rushing offense in the nation
-Worst rushing defense in the Big 12
-112th worst rushing defense in the nation
-Worst scoring defense in the Big 12
-Worst defense in the Big 12 by yards per game
-110th worst defense in the nation by yards per game

:p

stats don't lie.. aggies have hit a ruff patch this year, I think they will have a turn around next year, I mean its hard to get any worse then this year...:D

sahen
11-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by bandera7

And Griffin is the reason we lost. That kid can flat out play. To put all the credit on Briles is a bit ridiculous.

actually i'd say the 5 turnovers our defense forced was the reason you lost, but ok you can blame griffin....

did an aggie earlier actually say the talent is equal at baylor and a&m?...two things w/ that...first of all it isnt, atleast according to the past 4 or 5 recruiting classes and the fact that baylor has lost a ton to attrition, and not only is it not even it isnt even close, the Aggies should have players on their 2nd and 3rd teams that would start at Baylor, that is bad coaching my friend....but lets humor the Aggie line that now the talent is equal and look at the fact that w/ equal talent and time at the schools Briles team just donkey stomped Sherman's team...so far round 1 of the Briles vs. Sherman experiment goes heavily towards Briles...

sahen
11-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Scrambler
I was at the game today also. That was the best I have seen Baylor play. Sure wish they had won some of those earlier games that were close, including the Missouri game to make them bowl eligible. I don't think they can count on a victory in Lubbock to get them there.

Bears only have 4 wins right now so even if they won they wouldnt go bowling....just playing for pride

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-16-2008, 08:55 PM
All of you want to point the finger at something, but the blame goes around to everyone on the team and the coaches. You can't just point the finger and say it is a single flaw, it's a problem that we all need to find, address, and fix together. The fact of the matter is that we are all responsible for the loss from the top to the bottom. We are a team and we're also a family, and everyone who is associated with this team has the same number of wins and losses and every statistic associated with the team is associated with all of us; coaches and players alike. We just need to find out what the problem is and fix it. Hats off to Baylor and Coach Briles, those guys did what was necessary to win, and to win big at that. No excuses, no finger pointing, and we're not going to sell each other out and we're not going to sit back and let other people try to point the finger at any one person in particular. The results rest squarely on the shoulders of all of us, and we have to face the reality together, regardless of what you have to say as spectators, fans and critics alike. I just want to reiterate that this isn't any one person's fault alone, the problem rests on all of our shoulders, so you guys out there keep that in mind and stay classy.

Budman007
11-16-2008, 10:01 PM
I was at the game too. And let me say the Aggie band was awesome as usual!

Baylor has some impressive young talent and an excellent coach, but the Ags will be back.

sic'em
11-16-2008, 10:24 PM
The 1992 offense is in regard to the fact that Grandpa Sherm is running a Pro style offense that has been outdated in college football for several years. You can't win with that offense in the Big 12 anymore. My friends, a pro coach does not necessarily make a good college coach (ask Nebraska) and vice versa (ask the Redskins). Sherm was asked in an interview before the season if he would mix the old and new schemes. He said "No, we are a pro-style offensive team." I knew at that point a&m was in trouble. Fewer high school athletes want to play in that style offense, when you have Raiders, Sooners, Tigers, Cowboys, and horns hanging half a hundred. A sign of how outdated and backward the thinking is in CS is that they really believe that they can win with this style of offense even though it has led them to the cellar of the South.

BTW, anyone who says the talent is equal is out of their mind. Ask Scout, Rivals, Randy Rodgers, Texas Football, or whoever you would like. That game was ALL about coaching, plain and simple.

WylieBulldog92
11-16-2008, 10:29 PM
[B]The 1992 offense is in regard to the fact that Grandpa Sherm is running a Pro style offense that has been outdated in college football for several years.

Because you know Alabama isn't winning anything of late :rolleyes:

sic'em
11-16-2008, 10:34 PM
I knew I would get that response and should have mentioned it. The SEC is outdated offensively too. It will look like the Big 12 soon. They will change. Just watch who will win the SEC. Meyer's offense will destroy Alabama in the SEC championship for the same reason. I'm am telling you guys, Brown, Stoops, and Leach are loving the fact that a&m hired Sherman.

sic'em
11-16-2008, 10:47 PM
One other thing: the SEC schools are recruiting from states where the high school football is archaic (other than Florida where the college offenses look like the Big 12). I honestly believe that this is because of the fact that we have the most creative and ingenious high school coaches in the nation.

I was talking to one of the Ennis coaches the other day and told him that outside of Hal Mumme, I directly link the changing face of college football to Texas High School Football coaches. What do these guys have in common: Chase Daniel, Graham Harrell, Colt McCoy, and Todd Reesing all came from creative offensive staffs in Texas. Missouri changed offenses at Daniel's begging and look what happened. Texas high school football is changing things on higher levels. We can all be proud of that.

Rabid Cougar
11-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Missouri changed offenses at Daniel's begging and look what happened. Texas high school football is changing things on higher levels. We can all be proud of that.

During a broadcast of one of SLC's games during Daniel's senior season, ESPN was interviewing his father which stated that Chase was going to Missouri because they ran the same offense that SLC did. They were already running it.

Not disagreeing with any of your other opinions though.

sic'em
11-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Mizzou ran a spread with Brad Smith at QB, but it was not like the one they ran at SLC. I am not saying you are wrong, we are both right. They ran a a QB-run style spread and Chase lobbied to switch it to a Tech/SLC style spread with more screens and seam routes. Pinkel sent assistants after the 2006 season to learn as much as they could about this style and they made the switch, albeit it slight compared to what the Big 10, SEC, and A&M are running. BTW, this whole topic is why Phil Fulmer is without a job and the rumors are flying that Leach is going to Tennessee. Welcome to the new era of college football thanks to our high school coaches of which Briles was a big part.

Rabid Cougar
11-16-2008, 11:11 PM
If Leach wins out they will give him the Bank and the key at TT.

sic'em
11-16-2008, 11:14 PM
I agree.

navscanmaster
11-17-2008, 10:33 PM
It is just ridiculous how many people, even here in our own state, hate the Aggies and take joy in seeing them at their lowest. I have never understood the reasoning. I bleed Maroon, yet I root for Texas, Tech, TCU, SMU, Houston, etc. you get my drift. I only root against them when they play my Aggies. You are talking about a great university with one of the longest running programs in the country, a military background, and 18-22 year old young men out there working very hard to be the next division champions in A&M history. How could you take joy in seeing them play bad? That question is meant to be rhetorical, so let's don't get this thread closed by saying something stupid. I was just voicing (typing) my feelings. You should all stay classy, especially when you are talking about kids that are in class as much as they are on the field.

Emerson1
11-17-2008, 10:54 PM
It goes both way. Aggies would love to see Texas suck

WylieBulldog92
11-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It goes both way. Aggies would love to see Texas suck
Ignore your own post and make another... GREAT...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

navscanmaster
11-17-2008, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It goes both way. Aggies would love to see Texas suck You know this for a fact? I suppose you have interviewed personally the hundreds of thousands of alumni still living, not to mention the millions of Aggie fans. Texas has been good the last few years and the Aggies have managed to beat them. Why would you want a team to be bad? All you should WANT should be for your team to win. We aren't talking about professional athletes and billionaire, egotistical owners, but we are talking about student athletes and the dedication it takes just to keep up the grades enough to be an athlete. That is why I despise that mentality.

Necks_Fan
11-18-2008, 12:21 AM
I've been a UT fan all my life, granted I am going to A&M next fall.... I never take joy inseeing one tea go THIS low.

Yea, maybe I would laugh if A&M got beat back in the day, but dang. How the Ags have fallen.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-18-2008, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
You know this for a fact? I suppose you have interviewed personally the hundreds of thousands of alumni still living, not to mention the millions of Aggie fans. Texas has been good the last few years and the Aggies have managed to beat them. Why would you want a team to be bad? All you should WANT should be for your team to win. We aren't talking about professional athletes and billionaire, egotistical owners, but we are talking about student athletes and the dedication it takes just to keep up the grades enough to be an athlete. That is why I despise that mentality.

Right you are. Being a student-athlete isn't easy, and I respect any player from any team and any sport who can do it because I know what it feels like spending at least half of the year waking up at 5:30 in the morning to work out and/or run until you're almost give out and then go through your entire day. It's like having another job and at least two other classes all rolled into the same thing and placed in front of you, so it's hard for me to say that I want anyone who is doing the same things I am to fail and be unsuccessful.

pirate4state
11-18-2008, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Right you are. Being a student-athlete isn't easy, and I respect any player from any team and any sport who can do it because I know what it feels like spending at least half of the year waking up at 5:30 in the morning to work out and/or run until you're almost give out and then go through your entire day. It's like having another job and at least two other classes all rolled into the same thing and placed in front of you, so it's hard for me to say that I want anyone who is doing the same things I am to fail and be unsuccessful.

You are a dirty pirate hooker!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-18-2008, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
You are a dirty pirate hooker!

I remember when someone called you a butt pirate on here one time a long time ago. That was hilarious, haha.

eagles_victory
11-18-2008, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
It is just ridiculous how many people, even here in our own state, hate the Aggies and take joy in seeing them at their lowest. I have never understood the reasoning. I bleed Maroon, yet I root for Texas, Tech, TCU, SMU, Houston, etc. you get my drift. I only root against them when they play my Aggies. You are talking about a great university with one of the longest running programs in the country, a military background, and 18-22 year old young men out there working very hard to be the next division champions in A&M history. How could you take joy in seeing them play bad? That question is meant to be rhetorical, so let's don't get this thread closed by saying something stupid. I was just voicing (typing) my feelings. You should all stay classy, especially when you are talking about kids that are in class as much as they are on the field. Sorry but that is a homer comment. I guarantee you there are Aggies out there that root against Texas and Tech because I know several of them. To say that fans root against your team but your fans don't root against other teams is just completly unfounded.

It isnt like Texas fans just root agaisnt A&M or Tech fans just root against A&M. Try being a Longhorn fan every game you play no matter if it is Kansas or Tech or whoever every time you get a shot of the crowd they are throwing to horns sign down. Sounds to me like you are taking your favorite teams struggles way too personal.

IHStangFan
11-18-2008, 01:07 AM
Right you are. Being a student-athlete isn't easy, and I respect any player from any team and any sport who can do it because I know what it feels like spending at least half of the year waking up at 5:30 in the morning to work out and/or run until you're almost give out and then go through your entire day. It's like having another job and at least two other classes all rolled into the same thing and placed in front of you, so it's hard for me to say that I want anyone who is doing the same things I am to fail and be unsuccessful. sounds VERY similar to my time in the Army, LOL.

pirate4state
11-18-2008, 01:09 AM
I remember when someone called you a butt pirate on here one time a long time ago. That was hilarious, haha. :eek: Wasn't that you?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-18-2008, 01:11 AM
:eek: Wasn't that you?

No, they were ROM'd. They thought you were a guy. This happened like a good 4 or 5 years ago at least and back before we talked on a regular basis so I too thought you were a man that that point, so it could have been when I first joined the site? You weren't a moderator at that time.

pirate4state
11-18-2008, 01:13 AM
No, they were ROM'd. They thought you were a guy. This happened like a good 4 or 5 years ago at least and back before we talked on a regular basis so I too thought you were a man that that point, so it could have been when I first joined the site? You weren't a moderator at that time. haha I've slept since then so I don't remember.

:nerd:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-18-2008, 01:14 AM
haha I've slept since then so I don't remember.

:nerd:

Haha, I don't know why I remember it. It just seemed really funny at the time haha. Still does all things considered. I think it was because I knew you weren't a guy that made it funny and someone pointed that out and whoever said it said something else stupid and yeah.

pirate4state
11-18-2008, 01:16 AM
Haha, I don't know why I remember it. It just seemed really funny at the time haha. Still does all things considered. I think it was because I knew you weren't a guy that made it funny and someone pointed that out and whoever said it said something else stupid and yeah. All things considered...I have to agree! :D

IHStangFan
11-18-2008, 01:19 AM
Butt pirate? I didn't realize there was a town in Texas called Butt, nor did I realize their mascot was the Pirates....but one thing I DO know is P4S is from Sinton, not Butt. :D

pirate4state
11-18-2008, 01:20 AM
oh boy....i think i should go to sleep now :sleeping:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-18-2008, 01:21 AM
oh boy....i think i should go to sleep now :sleeping:

And dream of anal scavenging adventures on the high seas? Beware of scurvy!

IHStangFan
11-18-2008, 01:22 AM
And dream of anal scavenging adventures on the high seas? Beware of scurvy! LOL!! oh man! You too are both showing signs of fatigue! Go to SLEEP! :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-18-2008, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
LOL!! oh man! You too are both showing signs of fatigue! Go to SLEEP! :D

Oh, what I'm going to dream about is not board appropriate. ;)

IHStangFan
11-18-2008, 01:28 AM
Oh, what I'm going to dream about is not board appropriate. ;) LOL....politics and religion? :D

WylieBulldog92
11-18-2008, 01:30 AM
LOL....politics and religion? :D
Lol, the clap? :clap:

IHStangFan
11-18-2008, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
Lol, the clap? :clap: I knew it'd sneak in here....nobody/no thread is safe from the clap these days! :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-18-2008, 01:31 AM
LOL....politics and religion? :D

Exactly. ;)

WylieBulldog92
11-18-2008, 01:32 AM
I knew it'd sneak in here....nobody/no thread is safe from the clap these days! :D
That's pretty much the only thing I think about when I get on 3ADL now :clap:
Nobody is safe from the clap!

IHStangFan
11-18-2008, 01:41 AM
now that we have hijacked and pretty much destroyed this thread....... :D

The clap....once contracted works fast and the effects are devastating. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-18-2008, 01:42 AM
now that we have hijacked and pretty much destroyed this thread....... :D

The clap....once contracted works fast and the effects are devastating.

A shot of this beautiful antibiotic cleared mine up rather quickly. Oh wait...are we talking about the same "clap"??? How embarrassing. :doh: :) :D

IHStangFan
11-18-2008, 01:44 AM
A shot of this beautiful antibiotic cleared mine up rather quickly. Oh wait...are we talking about the same "clap"??? How embarrassing. :doh: :) :D :D LOL......nice.

vet93
11-18-2008, 10:46 AM
Sherm has proven that the offense that they are currently running can put up some huge numbers...and that is with an offensive line that is in terrible shape coming out of the Fran era. He also is starting a new quarterback, two freshmen recievers and has been missing one of the better returning runningbacks in the conference due to injuries for a large part of the season (Goodson). The lack of running game is the result of this fiasco on the offensive line. The deficiency throughout the year has been primarily on defense. Fran recruited for power and strength and gave up speed...you have to have speed to compete with the offenses in the big 12 which spread you out so much. To me, much of the blame can be laid at Fran's feet for not being smart in his recruiting. He left the cupboard very bare in some areas that require depth such as linebacker, defensive line and offensive line. That is why we are starting as many as 14 freshman throughout the year. You are going to take you lumps when this type of things happen...I don't care who you are. Rembember, Baylor's transition was minimal in terms of offensive philosphy...A&M's was huge (option, zone read to...multiple formation pro-style).

I get the sense that a strength of Sherm and his staff is in teaching....I really believe that this team has some very good young talent and if given time...Sherman will create something very special, teams that can compete with anyone. Call me an optimist but I truly believe this. So as for now...I think that it is a little early to throw Sherman, these kids and A&M under the bus.

The 1992 offense is in regard to the fact that Grandpa Sherm is running a Pro style offense that has been outdated in college football for several years. You can't win with that offense in the Big 12 anymore. My friends, a pro coach does not necessarily make a good college coach (ask Nebraska) and vice versa (ask the Redskins). Sherm was asked in an interview before the season if he would mix the old and new schemes. He said "No, we are a pro-style offensive team." I knew at that point a&m was in trouble. Fewer high school athletes want to play in that style offense, when you have Raiders, Sooners, Tigers, Cowboys, and horns hanging half a hundred. A sign of how outdated and backward the thinking is in CS is that they really believe that they can win with this style of offense even though it has led them to the cellar of the South.

BTW, anyone who says the talent is equal is out of their mind. Ask Scout, Rivals, Randy Rodgers, Texas Football, or whoever you would like. That game was ALL about coaching, plain and simple.

Budman007
11-18-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by vet93
Sherm has proven that the offense that they are currently running can put up some huge numbers...and that is with an offensive line that is in terrible shape coming out of the Fran era. He also is starting a new quarterback, two freshmen recievers and has been missing one of the better returning runningbacks in the conference due to injuries for a large part of the season (Goodson). The lack of running game is the result of this fiasco on the offensive line. The deficiency throughout the year has been primarily on defense. Fran recruited for power and strength and gave up speed...you have to have speed to compete with the offenses in the big 12 which spread you out so much. To me, much of the blame can be laid at Fran's feet for not being smart in his recruiting. He left the cupboard very bare in some areas that require depth such as linebacker, defensive line and offensive line. That is why we are starting as many as 14 freshman throughout the year. You are going to take you lumps when this type of things happen...I don't care who you are. Rembember, Baylor's transition was minimal in terms of offensive philosphy...A&M's was huge (option, zone read to...multiple formation pro-style).

I get the sense that a strength of Sherm and his staff is in teaching....I really believe that this team has some very good young talent and if given time...Sherman will create something very special, teams that can compete with anyone. Call me an optimist but I truly believe this. So as for now...I think that it is a little early to throw Sherman, these kids and A&M under the bus.

Megadittos, vet93. Well said.

coach
11-18-2008, 01:12 PM
according to rules this thread needs to be locked

Necks_Fan
11-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by coach
according to rules this thread needs to be locked :hand:

And...... LMAO @ whoever called p4s a butt pirate. :eek: :D :clap: :devil:

THAT is just too funny.

HM33
11-18-2008, 02:41 PM
Funny, but also very disturbing :S...... :D

charlesrixey
11-18-2008, 04:06 PM
sounds VERY similar to my time in the Army, LOL.

:clap: :ack!: