PDA

View Full Version : To the people of Rio Hondo

IHS Fan
11-15-2008, 02:25 PM
enough has been said about the game. we got beat.
as for the people of rio hondo. congratulations. y'all travel great. y'all had to travel 3 hours and still had more fans in attendance than we did. that is great team support that every team wants and needs. good luck next week and i hope y'all keep up the support.
and by the way, i usually don't watch half time but i was talking and looked around to the field and ended up watching the bands show. that is the best high school band i have ever seen.
again congratulations and good luck.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-15-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by IHS Fan
enough has been said about the game. we got beat.
as for the people of rio hondo. congratulations. y'all travel great. y'all had to travel 3 hours and still had more fans in attendance than we did. that is great team support that every team wants and needs. good luck next week and i hope y'all keep up the support.
and by the way, i usually don't watch half time but i was talking and looked around to the field and ended up watching the bands show. that is the best high school band i have ever seen.
again congratulations and good luck. i ve seen Rio Hondo a few times the past two years and that band is awesome. Where those fans come from i dont know as that is one of the smallest 3a towns i've seen but with one the biggest football stadium in the state for 3a.

Maroon87
11-15-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
i ve seen Rio Hondo a few times the past two years and that band is awesome. Where those fans come from i dont know as that is one of the smallest 3a towns i've seen but with one the biggest football stadium in the state for 3a.

It's kinda like Refugio...where the hell do they get all of those great players?

texansfan
11-17-2008, 03:33 AM
RH's band is very good. Consistent straigh 1's every year.

Classy thread, btw. Valley fans usually do travel well, and RH is no exception.

The town has a good crop of athletes right now. They're a solid club.

Johnny 5
11-17-2008, 09:20 AM
Where the fans come from . . .

RH itself is only about 2000 people strong. The thing is that the district is huge.

Then you have the fact that the whole family . . . abuelitas and abuelitos included . . . come to see mijo play . . .

It was a great game though. Ingleside players and fans stayed classy throughout.

Johnny 5
11-17-2008, 09:31 AM
By the way . . . that DT from Ingleside (lined up across from center) was a friggin beast!

That guy was HUGE!

S_Tex_3A_Fan
11-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
Where the fans come from . . .

RH itself is only about 2000 people strong. The thing is that the district is huge.

Then you have the fact that the whole family . . . abuelitas and abuelitos included . . . come to see mijo play . . .

It was a great game though. Ingleside players and fans stayed classy throughout.

Now that is funny. I would want to get out of the Valley for a while too. Went to RH to watch a playoff Baskettball game a couple years back and it was impressive the support they bring.