PDA

View Full Version : Monahans vs Snyder

DukeNukem
11-15-2008, 12:16 PM
2 teams that don't like each other. Can't wait for this game.

wtfootball
11-15-2008, 04:56 PM
This poll shows a significant edge to Snyder, due to more Snyder fans posting on here. Can't wait for the game, hope Snyder realizes that Monahans doesn't plan to play hard or anything, just honored to be able to step on the same field with Snyder, heck if I were them I would take the week off of practice......

LHexPlayer
11-15-2008, 04:59 PM
:1popcorn:
This one might get good.

3afan
11-15-2008, 04:59 PM
go MONAHANS!

DaHop72
11-15-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by wtfootball
This poll shows a significant edge to Snyder, due to more Snyder fans posting on here. Can't wait for the game, hope Snyder realizes that Monahans doesn't plan to play hard or anything, just honored to be able to step on the same field with Snyder, heck if I were them I would take the week off of practice...... I sure they will. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DaHop72
11-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
go MONAHANS! Go Forney!!:devil: :devil: Oh, too late for that.:devil:

Snyder_TigerFan
11-15-2008, 08:43 PM
This poll shows a significant edge to Snyder, due to more Snyder fans posting on here. Can't wait for the game, hope Snyder realizes that Monahans doesn't plan to play hard or anything, just honored to be able to step on the same field with Snyder, heck if I were them I would take the week off of practice......

LOL! Goodness.

Snyder_TigerFan
11-15-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Go Forney!!:devil: :devil: Oh, too late for that.:devil:

:clap:

WTF-82
11-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Great matchup here this one will be close. If Lobo Defense can play 4 qtrs the way I know they can I like the Lobo chances but Snyder really has improved since week 1 its gonna be tough.

GO LOBOES

RIGHT KNOW ITS ALL ABOUT DECEMBER FOOTBALL

3afan
11-15-2008, 09:57 PM
Go Forney!!:devil: :devil: Oh, too late for that.:devil:

never too late for THAT!

desertking
11-16-2008, 12:20 AM
This match up always proves to be a great game.This has gone back and forth for awhile and i'm sure the Lobos remember what The Tigers did to them last year.Well worth the price of admission!
GO TIGERS!

Who-dun-it!!?
11-16-2008, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by DukeNukem
2 teams that don't like each other. Can't wait for this game. :confused:

I didn't know dem lobos didn't like us....

ccmom
11-16-2008, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
:confused:

I didn't know dem lobos didn't like us....

Let's be serious now....Does anybody outside Scurry County REALLY like Snyder?:thinking:

(:devil: :devil: There's that devil in me again!! I gotta start getting to bed before he rears his head.:( )

Go Tigers!!! :clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
11-16-2008, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
Let's be serious now....Does anybody outside Scurry County REALLY like Snyder?:thinking:

(:devil: :devil: There's that devil in me again!! I gotta start getting to bed before he rears his head.:( )

I have a soft spot for them....maybe because we are ex-district rivals...maybe because of DaHop.....maybe because that is where my boys big old paychecks come from!!

:D

But.....I have that same soft spot for Monahans too!!

ForeverALobo
11-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Should be a great game. Everytime these two get together its a battle excluding last years playoff game. I can't wait until friday gets here.

tex_male
11-16-2008, 03:42 PM

Wonder who I am going to Vote for!:D

OldBison75
11-16-2008, 03:47 PM
This should be a real battle and the old rivalries will be pumping both teams. Snyder looks better on paper, but in this type matchup, Monahans could be a major pain in their side. I think it will be close. If Monahans can get some massages this week to loosen them up after running up and down the field in the first rouns, they might just win.

I predict Monahans will still be tired from the running the lines drill in the first round and will fall in the final quarter. Snyder by 10.

wtfootball
11-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Last year Snyder rolled into the season ranked around #5 in the state and fell to Monahans, they let Monahans know why they were ranked that high by spanking them later that season in the playoffs. Monahans was the much younger team in that playoff game last year.
This season Snyder has played 4 teams with 5-5 or better records. Their win/loss record against these teams?
1-3
Monahans has played 6 teams with 5-5 or better records. Their record against winning teams?
4-2
What this means is absolutely nothing. You can evaluate different stats and Snyder looks better, in others as stated above Monahans looks better. Snyder has improved more as the season progressed, Monahans has more raw talent, they are very deep. Snyder lost their three games by a touchdown or less. Monahans lost their two games by a touchdown or less. Monahans scrimmaged Big Springs and looked good, Snyder played them and lost a close one. A scrimmage is not a game. They both played Pecos and both blew out Pecos. This one is tough to determine.

I am predicting an upset (?) in this one and think Monahans will pull it out late. Monahans has a very deep bench, as always it will come down to play calling, turnovers and clock/field position management.

I can't see how either team can really be favored "on paper". I think this is an extremely even matched team.
Who wants it the most?

In my opinion, that will be the team to hoist the gold football at the end of the night and move on to area. Which teams players will leave the field with nothing left, cramping, total exhaustion. That team will possess the gold football.
My upset prediction is that if Bridgeport makes it, I predict the winner of this game will knock out the Bulls in round 3.
Good luck to both clubs. It should be packed and should be a great game. I have read some comments about not being fond of one another. I think that both schools and football programs are top notch. There is nothing more than competitive spirit and respect for one another. This reminds me of the 05 year, Snyder, Bridgeport, Sweetwater, seems these same programs reload and are hanging around each year in the post season.
Monahans 20
Snyder 14

tex_male
11-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Upset? What the heck are you talking about. Neither team is ranked high enough to have an Upset.

Just the fans. :D

wtfootball
11-16-2008, 05:17 PM
I haven't seen anything but assumed Snyder was favored. My (?) was for that reason, wasn't sure. It should be a good one, I think both teams have some losses but both are very solid and hopeuflly one of them will do well in round 3. It will be interesting after round 3 to see if any teams outside the top 10 are still around and how many in the top 10 are gone.

swstangs001
11-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by ccmom

theres a couple of girls there that i am might fond of :devil:

44INAROW
11-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Good Luck and GO TIGERS;)

Tres Lobos
11-16-2008, 11:32 PM
I gotta go with the Loboes. I say they get revenge from the terrible beating they took in the playoffs last year.

Monahans 21
Snyder 17

Go Loboes!!!

DaHop72
11-16-2008, 11:34 PM
Last year Snyder rolled into the season ranked around #5 in the state and fell to Monahans, they let Monahans know why they were ranked that high by spanking them later that season in the playoffs. Monahans was the much younger team in that playoff game last year.
This season Snyder has played 4 teams with 5-5 or better records. Their win/loss record against these teams?
1-3
Monahans has played 6 teams with 5-5 or better records. Their record against winning teams?
4-2
What this means is absolutely nothing. You can evaluate different stats and Snyder looks better, in others as stated above Monahans looks better. Snyder has improved more as the season progressed, Monahans has more raw talent, they are very deep. Snyder lost their three games by a touchdown or less. Monahans lost their two games by a touchdown or less. Monahans scrimmaged Big Springs and looked good, Snyder played them and lost a close one. A scrimmage is not a game. They both played Pecos and both blew out Pecos. This one is tough to determine.

I am predicting an upset (?) in this one and think Monahans will pull it out late. Monahans has a very deep bench, as always it will come down to play calling, turnovers and clock/field position management.

I can't see how either team can really be favored "on paper". I think this is an extremely even matched team.
Who wants it the most?

In my opinion, that will be the team to hoist the gold football at the end of the night and move on to area. Which teams players will leave the field with nothing left, cramping, total exhaustion. That team will possess the gold football.
My upset prediction is that if Bridgeport makes it, I predict the winner of this game will knock out the Bulls in round 3.
Good luck to both clubs. It should be packed and should be a great game. I have read some comments about not being fond of one another. I think that both schools and football programs are top notch. There is nothing more than competitive spirit and respect for one another. This reminds me of the 05 year, Snyder, Bridgeport, Sweetwater, seems these same programs reload and are hanging around each year in the post season.
Monahans 20
Snyder 14 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Well said.

Red&White_9x5
11-17-2008, 09:34 AM
I have seen these two play a few times and there is no love lost between the two. When the ref blows that ready for play whistle there will be an all out war at the Mustang Bowl Friday night. I am going to go with Snyder in this one 23-21

BMOC
11-17-2008, 09:42 AM
This is becoming a play-off rivarly between these two towns. Each has knocked the other out the last three years, and this will be the 4th for one of them.

Gotta stick with our district though, so GO TIGERS!!!

TripleH
11-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Snyder 42
Monahans 35

WTF-82
11-18-2008, 12:03 AM
Whats the word are both teams healthy I did not see Monahans starting RB with any carries last week and came out of the game against Greenwood in 4rth qtr and never returned. Is he ok anybody know. I hope so I would like to see everyone healthy for this one 2 years ago Monahans played this one without starting TB and it hurt. Hope both are healthy.

IHStangFan
11-18-2008, 01:04 AM
I'll take Monahans in a battle.........sorry Hoppy!! :D

BigGulpsHuh?
11-18-2008, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
Whats the word are both teams healthy I did not see Monahans starting RB with any carries last week and came out of the game against Greenwood in 4rth qtr and never returned. Is he ok anybody know. I hope so I would like to see everyone healthy for this one 2 years ago Monahans played this one without starting TB and it hurt. Hope both are healthy.

yeah, i noticed that too. that RB didn't play at all vs. clint. what's the deal with him?

garciap77
11-18-2008, 08:52 AM
I am going with Hop's team!

:2thumbsup

justlikesports
11-18-2008, 09:31 AM
I know both teams will be pumped up for this game and it should be a battle. I gotta support my team and go with the Loboes! Good Luck to both teams and it be an injury free game.

Ranger Mom
11-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by justlikesports
I know both teams will be pumped up for this game and it should be a battle. I gotta support my team and go with the Loboes! Good Luck to both teams and it be an injury free game.

Are you going to this one, or do you have "plans??";)

justlikesports
11-18-2008, 09:56 AM
RM,
No plans, so I should be at the game in Andrews. I will PM you a story that will explain why the "no plans".

Troybuilt
11-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Best game of the week. this one could go either way.

Turnovers will be the key.

shackina
11-18-2008, 04:17 PM
what bout a m&g?

3afan
11-18-2008, 04:20 PM
go MONAHANS!

http://twentypeacefulminutes.com/forums/Smileys/default/woot2.gif

WTF-82
11-19-2008, 12:07 AM
http://twentypeacefulminutes.com/forums/Smileys/default/woot2.gif ..

Atmoshere will be great in this one these 2 towns really follow there kids in the playoffs packed house and intense the hitting in this game will be unreal. Lets see who wins the hitting war. I have been to many high school games in 3a level and 4a level and other than Wylie and Celina fans no one impresses me more than these two fan support it will be incredible. If the brackets were ever set were these two could meet in December this game could bring 12-15,000 fans like the Sweetwater and Monahans game did in 2005 Quater final. I love it Playoff Football.

Go Loboes !!!!!

wtfootball
11-19-2008, 08:01 AM
As a fan, please know we will be there.
We will be loud.
We will be proud.
We don't need horns!
We have our emotion.
We lift our boys up.
They have prepared.
No team works harder than our team.
It is too late for other teams to try to play catchup.
They are ready.
They are fired up.
They are fast, powerful, talented and motivated.
Snyder fans, when you look across the field you will see a sea of Green, Black and White.
We will leave most of the police back home to watch your homes but the community of Monahans, Texas will reside in the Mustang Bowl on Friday night.
We expect both teams to leave it all on the field and play with integrity, heart and leave healthy with all heads held high, win or lose.
After a victory, we do not brag, we do not talk trash, we just move on toward December Football.
Game on!
GOMEANGREEN

tigerchick_2013
11-19-2008, 10:21 AM
GO TIGERS beat monahans!!!!!!!!:)

Tres Lobos
11-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Monahans starting RB should be good to go in this one, knee was tweeked up so didn't wanna risk him in the Clint game.

GO LOBOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

TigerPride
11-19-2008, 12:23 PM
SNYDER 28
monahans 14

GO TIGERS!!!(the best 8-3 team in the state)

Who-dun-it!!?
11-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Alright this suks!!!

I'm quitting my job!!

Tired of missing Friday Night Football!!

Well, I guess I hang on a little longer. Maybe Cy can keep me glued to the radio and it'll be just like being there.

!!!NOT!!!

THIS SUKS!

wtfootball
11-19-2008, 10:19 PM
who dun it

Go to work, you will not want to see this.

WTF-82
11-20-2008, 01:56 AM
Website says stadium capacity in Andrews 8,092 lets go Lobo fans lets make a little history in Andrews with Lobo nation and the Tiger fans together possibility of breaking capacity record Friday night College Game Day crew might show up also.
This is the 3-A playoff game of week 2 cant beat this matchup.
Stoops and Leach will be watching getting ready for there game.

GO LOBOES

Snyder_TigerFan
11-20-2008, 10:05 AM
Snyder takes this if they play to their potential. This is a very good Snyder team that has a lot of weapons and team speed. I don't know if I agree with wtfootball in that Monahans has more raw talent. I actually don't see how you can quantify or justify that statement. Have you seen both teams play? This is probably one of the more talented Snyder teams, overall, than in the last couple of years. The thing that has cost them a couple of games this years is mistakes and bad judgements. If they can eliminate these or really minimize them, they are going to be hard to beat.

This ought to be a great game. Both teams will be pumped and the team with the fewest mistakes and turnovers wins this one.

Snyder 35
Monahans 21

Go Tigers!!!

wtfootball
11-20-2008, 11:08 AM
I just love them Loboes man and they are loaded. Others seem to agree from the looks of the poll above. Love this game, love West Texas football and love them Loboes.
GOMEANGREEN

Ranger Mom
11-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Will this game be webcast anywhere??

DUKE22
11-20-2008, 11:31 AM
I just love them Loboes man and they are loaded. Others seem to agree from the looks of the poll above. Love this game, love West Texas football and love them Loboes.
GOMEANGREEN Actually we have a couple of fans that cost us about 20 votes in every poll simply because people hate us. LOL

pirate4state
11-20-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by DUKE22
Actually we have a couple of fans that cost us about 20 votes in every poll simply because people hate us. LOL HAHA isn't it sad? I stopped voting in these polls because people get their feelings hurt around here! Imagine that!

Good Luck Tigers!

wtfootball
11-20-2008, 11:59 AM
I heard it may be carried live on ESPN (kidding) but it should be!
This time tomorrow, the talk will be over, the busses will be packed, the boys will be getting ready, game on! I hope both sides turn out and we have that placed packed and spilling over.:inlove:

Ranger Mom
11-20-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
HAHA isn't it sad? I stopped voting in these polls because people get their feelings hurt around here! Imagine that!

Good Luck Tigers!

I never vote in them anymore.......I have had to try and "explain" why I voted like I did one too many times!!

:rolleyes:

Black_Magic
11-20-2008, 12:16 PM
I heard it may be carried live on ESPN (kidding) but it should be!
This time tomorrow, the talk will be over, the busses will be packed, the boys will be getting ready, game on! I hope both sides turn out and we have that placed packed and spilling over.:inlove: Well Monahans should be there is huge numbers.. its only a 45 min drive for you guys.

Snyder_TigerFan
11-20-2008, 12:53 PM
GOMEANGREEN

The same poll you were whining about earlier?:)

DaHop72
11-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Actually we have a couple of fans that cost us about 20 votes in every poll simply because people hate us. LOL Fans or "posters". http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

DaHop72
11-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
The same poll you were whining about earlier?:)
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

Touche!!!!!!!!!

DUKE22
11-20-2008, 01:46 PM
Fans or "posters". http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif Now thats a pretty good point.

Sweetwater Red
11-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Now thats a pretty good point.

And keep in mind that some of us can vote more than once.:thinking: :devil:

wtfootball
11-20-2008, 01:57 PM
The same Poll, before it was crazy but now it makes perfect since since it is slanted our way!:D

DUKE22
11-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
And keep in mind that some of us can vote more than once.:thinking: :devil: Yeah RED is a sneaky color. :)

Tres Lobos
11-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Well Monahans should be there is huge numbers.. its only a 45 min drive for you guys

More like a hour and 15 minutes. It's no farther than what yall have to travel.

tigerchick_2013
11-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos
More like a hour and 15 minutes. It's no farther than what yall have to travel.

No, more like an hour 15 minutes for you guys and 2 hrs. for us. There is a difference, sure is going to feel a lot longer on your trip home afterwards though after those Tigers take care of business, lol.:D

GO TIGERS beat monahans!!!!!!!

garciap77
11-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by tigerchick_2013
No, more like an hour 15 minutes for you guys and 2 hrs. for us. There is a difference, sure is going to feel a lot longer on your trip home afterwards though after those Tigers take care of business, lol.:D

What's up tigerchick_2013!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/hannah-montana-4-29-08-2.jpg

loboes86
11-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by tigerchick_2013

GO TIGERS beat monahans!!!!!!! I like it better than having to travel to Lubbock this year, it's at least a little closer to the same distance. Ya never know who will have the longest trip home until the last whistle blows I'm sure hopin its the Tigers with the long trip this year. Only time will tell.;)

LH Panther Mom
11-20-2008, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I never vote in them anymore.......I have had to try and "explain" why I voted like I did one too many times!!

:rolleyes:
I just vote and don't explain who or why. :D

:thinking: :thinking: I haven't voted in this one yet.

wtfootball
11-20-2008, 10:21 PM
24 hours from now, it will all be over for somebody.
GAMEON!

skins4life
11-20-2008, 10:47 PM
So, where do ya'll think Snyder & Llano will play Thanksgiving weekend?

DaHop72
11-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
So, where do ya'll think Snyder & Llano will play Thanksgiving weekend? :mad: :mad: Don't start counting chickens yet.

skins4life
11-20-2008, 11:06 PM
:mad: :mad: Don't start counting chickens yet. ;) ;) ;) They're still in the shell. Just thought I'd get a rise out of some one.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-20-2008, 11:31 PM
who dun it

Go to work, you will not want to see this.

I'll be workin, but I'll watch evr play on the radio!!!

WTF-82
11-21-2008, 12:17 AM
Monahans senior fights diabetes whether you'd know it or not
November 20, 2008 - 11:03 PM
BY WILLIE BANS
When Hector Venegas buys Gatorade, usually Rain or sometimes the G2 kind, he buys in bulk. And he doesn't buy for himself.

He buys for his son Hector, who pounds a bottle and a half before he takes the field as a linebacker for Monahans High school's football team.

It is a necessity.

Hector has had Type 1, or juvenile, diabetes for more than 11 years. He constantly monitors his blood sugar level - at least four times a day - and does so right around the time he's chugging that Gatorade.

And still, head coach Mickey Owens said, it is his "want to" that allows him to be perhaps the Loboes' most critical defensive player.

Venegas, a senior, leads the team with 98 tackles. And although the conversion from a defensive tackle last year to a linebacker this year was tough, compared to what he's faced, it was doable.

Because since he was in the fourth grade, playing football has become as natural doctor appointments.

Granted, his parents' decision to let him play Pop Warner at such a young age took a while to come to. But in the end, they wanted him to not be limited by the illness.

When he was medically cleared to play, the logic behind the decision was powerfully simple.

"As a father, I wanted my son to play sports," the elder Venegas said.

So he did. And he played Little League, too. Played and loved sports and entered high school as much as a jock as he was a diabetic.

He got into power lifting, and two years ago, on the morning of the regional qualifier in Levelland, he had a seizure. An ambulance came, and as he was being treated at a hotel room, his father came in.

"I ran up to the room and one of the first things he says - and he was still hazy - he goes, ‘What are you doing here?'" the elder Venegas recalled. "I said, ‘Are you all right?' He said, ‘Yeah.' "

He would compete that evening, failing to get a state-qualifying mark, but unwilling to let the incident affect his goal.

"No, I never thought about quitting," Venegas said. "I felt bad because some of the coaches were scared, but I still lifted."

At 5-foot-7, 195 pounds, Venegas does not have the prototypical size, but Owens believes that his strongest attribute is not found in his measurements.

"I don't think he's necessarily any better than a lot of them out there," Owens said. "But his determination and heart are better than most."

And as the Loboes prepared to play at 7:30 p.m. today against Snyder at Andrews' Mustang Bowl in a Class 3A Division II area game, Venegas said he's enjoyed every part of the process to get to the postseason.

The workouts. The film sessions. The practices. The teammates.

"Some people say, ‘I feel bad for you,' " he said. "I'm just like, ‘Don't feel bad for me. Some don't get to do what I do.' "

WTF-82
11-21-2008, 12:21 AM
SNYDER TIGERS VS. MONAHANS LOBOES

Class 3A Division II Area Playoff

>> Time, Date, Place: 7:30 p.m. Friday, Mustang Bowl, Andrews.

>> Head coaches: Snyder, Chad Rogers; Monahans, Mickey Owens.

>> Districts: Snyder, District 2-3A; Monahans, District 3-3A.

>> 2008 Records: Snyder, 8-3; Monahans, 9-2.

>> Next Opponent: Bridgeport-Llano winner.

>> Last Week: Snyder 42, Lubbock Cooper 13; Monahans 70, Clint 6.

>> Playoff Appearances: Snyder 23, Monahans 28.

>> Last Playoff Appearance: Snyder 2007, Monahans 2007.

>> Deepest Advancement: Monahans, finals (1948, Monahans 14, New Braunfels 0); Snyder, semifinals (2007, Celina 33-7; 2004, Gilmer 53-20;).

>> Previous Playoff Meetings: 2007 (Snyder 40-14); 2006 (Snyder 21-7); 2005 (Monahans 28-21); 2003 (Snyder 26-0); 2002 (Monahans 7-6).

>> Snyder Leaders: QB Jesse Conner (41-90-2 for 668 yards and 6 TDs passing; 114-662 and 11 TDs rushing; 33-39 on extra-point kicks); RB Chase Arrendale (11-633 and 12 TDs rushing); RB Kelton Garcia (81-634 and 10 TDs rushing); Shade Roemisch (5 INTs, 50 solo tackles); Dustin Brown (59 solo tackles, eith tackles for a loss); Clay Hirt (59 solo tackles, eight tackles for a loss).

>> Monahans Leaders: QB Quincy Titus (45-92 passing, 963 yards, 13 TDs, 4 INTs, 95-887 rushing, 7 TDs), Stephen Neel (122-882 rushing, 12 TDs), RB Tyson Childress (96-842 rushing, 6 TDs), WR Sean Britton (16-447 receiving, 6 TDs), LB Hector Venegas (98 tackles).

>> Radio: KCKM 1330-AM (Monahans).

>> Notes: In the last two years, Monahans and Snyder met twice per season: once in the regular season and again in the postseason. In those years, the Loboes won the regular-season contest, while the Tigers got the upper hand in the playoffs. This year, the teams didn't play each other until the playoffs, but it will still be a familiar sight on the other side of the ball. ... Monahans head coach Mickey Owens said this season's version of Snyder is a little different than years past. "They're still really big up front," Owens said. "Great offensive line. The difference is they don't have (running back Will Clay, now at Sam Houston State), so it's not as much power inside. They try to bounce things outside. In fact, the offensive line is better is year. They're not as big on the defensive line, but they're quicker." ... In the Loboes' 70-6 win over Clint last week, most of the starters didn't even play a full half. "I wish it was a little tougher, but I'll never complain about a win," Owens said. ... The Tigers run a wishbone on offense and a 50 defense. ... No Snyder loss was by more than one touchdown. Snyder beat Breckenridge 55-34 and Brownwood 56-49 in the last two weeks of the regular season to advance to the playoffs out of brutal District 2-3A. ... "We survived," Snyder head coach Chad Rogers said. "I don't know how you put it any other way. We survived. ... They're resilient. They stay focused. They've been battle-tested."

WylieBulldog92
11-21-2008, 12:34 AM
RB Chase Arrendale (11-633 and 12 TDs rushing);

He's magic lol

WTF-82
11-21-2008, 12:39 AM
Snyder fans were is Xavier Malone is not one of the RB's they were big on him early preseason I was just wondering.

Snyder_TigerFan
11-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Snyder fans were is Xavier Malone is not one of the RB's they were big on him early preseason I was just wondering.

He was playing RB while Garcia was hurt. He still plays on the defensive side of the ball, which he does a good job of. I was really impressed with him as a running back. Garcia has done an excellent job since he returned. Garcia and Malone are both sophmores so you will see more of them the next couple of years. Like I said, there is a lot of weapons on this Tiger team....not just one (Will Clay).

ForeverALobo
11-21-2008, 09:44 AM
Should be a great one tonight in Andrews. Both teams have great players along with outstanding coaching staffs and you can bet both will have their teams ready to go in this one. The cold won't scare off and fans and the stadium should be packed.

Monahans 21
Snyder 14

Black_Magic
11-21-2008, 11:02 AM
Good luck to both teams tonight! May all have a safe trip!!! and Happy hunting to the Tigers!
http://www.milleroutdoors.com/hunting/coyote/images/coyote2-hanging1.jpg

Ranger Mom
11-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Good luck to both teams tonight! May all have a safe trip!!! and Happy hunting to the Tigers!
http://www.milleroutdoors.com/hunting/coyote/images/coyote2-hanging1.jpg

You post some of the most depressing pictures!!!

And....did Monahans change their mascot to the "Coyotes?"

That is what the pic you posted says!!!:p

Black_Magic
11-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
You post some of the most depressing pictures!!!

And....did Monahans change their mascot to the "Coyotes?"

That is what the pic you posted says!!!:p Depressing to who? Monahans fans?

skins4life
11-21-2008, 01:37 PM
:clap: :clap:
I thought that's what all LOBOS looked like!!!!

wtfootball
11-21-2008, 02:57 PM
You will all see what they look like tonight.

DukeNukem
11-22-2008, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by skins4life
So, where do ya'll think Snyder & Llano will play Thanksgiving weekend?

IN THE GYM!:devil: :devil:

wtfootball
11-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Tigers went hunting but it ain't no fun when the deer got the gun.

Did you guys get a good look at what Loboes look like?

Go_Wylie2000
11-22-2008, 11:45 AM

They look like an average football team...

Mustangpride09
11-22-2008, 11:53 AM

Midland Greenwood knows what they look like.

skins4life
11-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Congrats to the LOBOS. They out played us all night on both sides of the ball. The O line blocked very well and the D was in the Snyder back field and strung out the sweeps. If not for a couple of mistakes the score wouldn't have been as close.

Good luck in the next round!!!!

wtfootball
11-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Thanks skins4life for the kind words to our boys. Both teams are a blast to watch and we look forward to it again next year.