PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum vs Giddings

29-3aFAN
11-15-2008, 12:35 AM
Who wins?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-15-2008, 01:03 AM
Giddings rolls not in this one but in this part of the bracket, Giddings gets the luck with being #2 by they way the Bracket looks for the next few games. Giddings has no problem winning the bottom bracket of R4.

OldBison75
11-15-2008, 01:23 AM
Gidding continues to roll in this one if they avoid turnovers. Giddings by 14.

buff4life
11-15-2008, 02:13 AM
Giddings by however many they want...

offensive line doing a great job and masek is doing a great job running the offense and getting the ball to playmakers...

i'll say 28

LH Panther Mom
11-15-2008, 08:07 AM
Where/when?

Old Green
11-15-2008, 09:45 AM
Have to go with the Dawgs. They've improved a lot .

Pudlugger
11-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Giddings should win this game by 2 or 3 tds if they come to play. If not Yoakum will make them pay.

gobbler grad
11-15-2008, 10:26 AM
Wanting the Dawgs to win, but I think the Buffs are on a roll...:thinking:

GreenMachine
11-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Go Dawgs! Play hard and pull off the "upset"! :thumbsup:

headhunter
11-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Giddings is probably to strong overall, however if Yoakum can run the ball they have a pretty good chance. Yoakum's Defense will have to play the game of their life. They must contain and they must take some chances and blitz and create havoc in the backfield. I just don't think Yoakum can hang with them for 4 quarters.

Necks_Fan
11-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Giddings by 17+.

Buffgal
11-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Friday 11/21/08
Giddings vs Yoakum
House Park Stadium Austin
7:30 pm

solocam
11-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Buffs by 17

thepicker
11-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Really, come on now people. There will be no upset this week. Sorry to say Yoakum. Giddings has been a solid team the entire year. Their losses are to top notch opponents, and well, Yoakum is definitely not top notch. This game will be ready to be in the books at the half, if not sooner. Giddings rolls on easily, winning 42-14.

2 krunk
11-15-2008, 06:41 PM
sorry bellville, but giddings should be in the semi final game

yes, after this weeks game, i think this may be a good year for the buffalos

yoakum will have all it wants and more......yes it could get ugly

buff4ever
11-15-2008, 08:39 PM
still lots of football yet, but the buffs are playing pretty good football at the right time of year.

Pudlugger
11-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Both teams are playing good football this time of year. That's what the play offs are about. No team can assume victory based on record only, they have to play the game.:cool:

scrub c
11-15-2008, 11:40 PM
giddings rolls in this one

29-3aFAN
11-16-2008, 04:18 AM
Yoakum needs to play mistake free to make this a good game. Still think Giddings will win by 2 TDs. I will be rooting for a Dawgs win though.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-16-2008, 10:06 AM
Gidding should win this one but Yoakum wont be a push over like most are thinking. Gidding next game should be good, which should be against Rio Hondo.

bulldogs_1975
11-16-2008, 01:53 PM
So I guess we should just tell Yoakum to stay at home this week and not even show up since all of you on here are such know it alls? Yeah I will agree that Giddings is good and big up front but for all that count out the Bulldogs might be whimpering in the end. Yoakum is getting better and better each week. Giddings is pretty much one dimensional on offense from what I have read this year and look for Yoakum to pull out all the punches in this one. I am saying this is going to be a dogfight to the end. I am predicting Yoakum in this one 24-21. Everytime Yoakum has been counted completely out this year they have stepped up and played extremely well against there opponents. I guess that is why you play the game and might I mention that this is the playoffs and you never know what could happen in a game of this magnitude. I have seen teams that were suppose to win by 4 and five touchdowns get beat so if you would go ahead tell them buffs to look past them Yoakum Dawgs and yoakum will be glad to move on to the next round.

buff4life
11-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by bulldogs_1975
So I guess we should just tell Yoakum to stay at home this week and not even show up since all of you on here are such know it alls? Yeah I will agree that Giddings is good and big up front

basically ya, could you do that for me??

R4Editor
11-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Any team on any given night, blah, blah....

I love the turn around Yoakum has had this year, but I think the Buffs will be too strong for the Dawgs.

Buffs by 3 TDs.

navratbacker
11-16-2008, 05:19 PM
ill go for the dawgs on this one just cause coach burk use to coach in navasota he is a really great coach. he helped turn our program around when he was here.

fourbeee
11-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Hey R4EDITOR!

Are you about 12?

OldBison75
11-16-2008, 06:25 PM
Yeah, Coach Burk will be ready for the Giddings running game. I think you will see eight in the box most of the time and they will hit hard. Giddings will have to complete a few passes to relax the bull rush and linebacker stunts. Burk has a reputation for pulling out the stop and trying to disrupt an offense, linebacker blitzez, all out blitzes, and even dropping defensive ends into pass coverage and blitzing corners.

Giddings better be prepared for anything from Yoakum. I still think Giddings will execute good enough to win, but this might just be a real close game. Giddings better not turnover the ball or Yoakum will make them pay.

Giddings 28
Yoakum 21

BOCEPHUS
11-16-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
basically ya, could you do that for me??

easy------------EASY BOY, DON'T GO THERE..............U END UP IN A BIND POP'N OFF LIKE THAT.
THIS HERE GAME GONNA BE A DAM DOG FIGHT, TO THE THE END, NO DOUBT BOUT IT, GOING TO THE 4TH QTR....................AND THEY BE RIGHT, THEM THAR BUFFS BE 1-DIMENSHENUL FOR FACT, ALL THEY DO IS RUN STRATE AHEAD. DEFENSE GIV'N UP TONS OF YARDS EVERY WEEK, DOGS GOT THE A RUNN'N BACK THAT CAN GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST BE KEEP'N IN MIND, THEM BUFFS GET INTO THAT STAMPEDE MODE #@$^%%%^(*)&(+_(()_+)_+!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT BE'IN SED, YOAKUM BY 7!!!!!!!!

buff4ever
11-16-2008, 09:27 PM
bo, you tell your boss you makin that prediction. That redneck idiot prolly shoot you in the ars!

For one, giddings can pass if they need to. Let me know what you think of that one dimensional thing dawg fan after the game.

That is all I ask. Tell LH they are one dimensional.

SHSBulldog00
11-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Stop yhe quarterback (he ran I believe 39 times for 205yds against Sweeny). Yoakum will also have to contain #3 on the option. I hope Yoakum can score touchdowns every drive and not start drives off with penalties (i.e. Sweeny)

My pick Giddings 35
Yoakum 14

thepicker
11-17-2008, 01:20 AM
Its nice to see the home town people sticking up for their teams. That's what highschool football is all about. But in the end, Giddings may appear to be one dimensional, but when you just think that, bam, there goes a touchdown pass. Ive gotten to see Giddings play this year, and they are solid. I have not seen Yoakum, but going by stats and from watching giddings play, their run should be all they need to win this game. I see Giddings running away with this one 42-14, and trust me, this team does not overlook anyone. District 25 should have 2, if not all three teams in the playoffs still after this week. The most competitive district in 3A this year, hands down. Any of the bottom three teams at home (Columbus, Smithville, and LaGrange) are all solid teams in themselves. This six team district beat up on each other during district play, but this only prepared the playoff bound teams to play well. So once again, I see Giddings rolling on in this one 42-14.

48minutes
11-17-2008, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by scrub c
giddings rolls in this one

much better prediction then last week scrub, "sweeny wins" were about the only two words you could type throughout that thread.

buff4life
11-17-2008, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by thepicker
Its nice to see the home town people sticking up for their teams. That's what highschool football is all about. But in the end, Giddings may appear to be one dimensional, but when you just think that, bam, there goes a touchdown pass. Ive gotten to see Giddings play this year, and they are solid. I have not seen Yoakum, but going by stats and from watching giddings play, their run should be all they need to win this game. I see Giddings running away with this one 42-14, and trust me, this team does not overlook anyone. District 25 should have 2, if not all three teams in the playoffs still after this week. The most competitive district in 3A this year, hands down. Any of the bottom three teams at home (Columbus, Smithville, and LaGrange) are all solid teams in themselves. This six team district beat up on each other during district play, but this only prepared the playoff bound teams to play well. So once again, I see Giddings rolling on in this one 42-14.

thanks picker for the respect and confidence...since you put pick in your name i think i can trust your pick :D :D

WOS87
11-17-2008, 02:11 AM
I'm thinking both Giddings and WO-S could end up with better results in the playoffs than last year due to a flatout luckier placement in the playoff bracket.

I wish the Buffs the best but I dread the thought of the two of us meeting up for a 4th consecutive year (which would be in the Semis if that were to happen). I know you guys would be out for blood.

;)

buff4life
11-17-2008, 02:20 AM
i know the last two years were absolute wars...the first meeting was a war we ran out of ammo rather quickly lol

BOCEPHUS
11-17-2008, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
bo, you tell your boss you makin that prediction. That redneck idiot prolly shoot you in the ars!

I AIN'T GOT NO DAMM BOSS, ....................
AIN'T NO PREDICKSHUN, JUST TRUTH AS I SEE, IS ALL THAT MATTERS.
AND FINALLY---I WILL TELL ANYBODY, ANYTHING AND THEY CAN REFUR TO SIG..............

HAVE A GOOD DAY//////////////

KEEPS IN MIND IF'EN U DO WIN RIOHONDO IS COMING..............ALL 5000 FANS AND 85 PLAYERS

bulldogs_1975
11-17-2008, 10:03 AM
LOL stirred up some good talk on here didn't I. I am telling you right now if Giddings has to pass Yoakum will end up winning this game by two or three touchdowns. Sweeny was no Yoakum I tell you that right now and that district they came out of well lets just say it is not that difficult to beat wharton and needville. Having said that I am not doubting how good Giddings is at all. I was trying to say that Yoakum is a very underrated team that was it. I am not for sure going to have to go back and look at some of the newspapers and stats but I think Yoakum is averaging close to 350 yds a game not bad for a team that has no chance this week. I have been to every game this year and if Yoakum ever puts together an offensive passing and running game along with there defense look out. Well look forward to hearing back from all the giddings fans on this one and for them to fire back with how great and powerful giddings is.

Rule #76
11-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Didn't Smithville and Yoakum play? And didn't Smithville win?

bulldogs_1975
11-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Umm that would be a big fat no yoakum beat Smithbille 23-14 without two starters that night due to injuries. It was like 17-0 at halftime if I recall not for sure.

Rule #76
11-17-2008, 12:24 PM
that's right. you were smithville's first loss. wasn't implying anything just wondering. good luck to both but giddings rolls on this week.

fourbeee
11-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Giddings is and should be the favorite, but for those on here who think that there is no point in Yoakum even showing up, don't know much about teenagers. I have watched the Yoakum kids grow from not knowing what it takes or means to win, to a group of kids who think they can win every game even when they haven't. They have a strong future ahead of them, win or lose this game. The core of this team will be back next year, as many as 8 or 9 on offense and defense along with a lot of other kids who had a lot of playing time. These kids are tough and will play hard and will not quit during this game. I wouldn't even begin to guess the score on this game. There are to many intangibles that can't be put on paper. These kids will come out winners, however the score ends up. The kids and the coaches are approaching this game as just another football game and not as if they are playing the New York Giants. Some of these kids don't even know where Giddings, Texas is. Sometimes the best team doesn't win! This might be just one of those times. One can always hope!

bd62
11-17-2008, 12:45 PM
yoakum and giddings had some very good non-dist. games for about 18 yrs. i think they were about even in wins over that period. interesting scores since 2000 thru 2005, in 2000 yoakum beat giddings 45-22. 2001 giddngs beat yoakum 26-0 . 2002 yoakum beat giddings 26-0. 2003 giddings beat yoakum 27-7. 2004 yoakum beat giddings 47-21 and in 2005 giddings beat yoakum 47-21. just a little history between these 2 teams.
giddings has had great success over the past several years in the playoffs and that experience will be a big plus for them. yoakum was down for 3 years but are back to the level of talent they had between 2000 thru 2004. yoakum is a very young team that is very confident. thats been missing for several years.

48minutes
11-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Did Yoakum get beat by LG pretty bad in pre district play?

Kickin It
11-17-2008, 03:50 PM
LOL stirred up some good talk on here didn't I. I am telling you right now if Giddings has to pass Yoakum will end up winning this game by two or three touchdowns. Sweeny was no Yoakum I tell you that right now and that district they came out of well lets just say it is not that difficult to beat wharton and needville. Having said that I am not doubting how good Giddings is at all. I was trying to say that Yoakum is a very underrated team that was it. I am not for sure going to have to go back and look at some of the newspapers and stats but I think Yoakum is averaging close to 350 yds a game not bad for a team that has no chance this week. I have been to every game this year and if Yoakum ever puts together an offensive passing and running game along with there defense look out. Well look forward to hearing back from all the giddings fans on this one and for them to fire back with how great and powerful giddings is.

I certainly hope that you are kidding with the first part of your post. Seriously, you are saying that someone was in a weak district! Not difficult to beat Needville and Wharton? If they or any team from D-25 where in your district, you guys would be sitting at home, maybe without a district win at all. Sure yall beat Smithville, but how many times did they turn the ball over? La Grange, well that was not even a game by halftime and Smithville shut them out. It is nice to see that Yoakum is in the playoffs congrats, but don't get too big headed because Giddings is going to give the you everything that you want and more. BTW, I have seen Yoakum play and that is what I base my opinion on!! Buffs by at leat 3 tds. Buff4ever, hope you enjoy this post and the support.

buff4life
11-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Kickin It
I certainly hope that you are kidding with the first part of your post. Seriously, you are saying that someone was in a weak district! Not difficult to beat Needville and Wharton? If they or any team from D-25 where in your district, you guys would be sitting at home, maybe without a district win at all. Sure yall beat Smithville, but how many times did they turn the ball over? La Grange, well that was not even a game by halftime and Smithville shut them out. It is nice to see that Yoakum is in the playoffs congrats, but don't get too big headed because Giddings is going to give the you everything that you want and more. BTW, I have seen Yoakum play and that is what I base my opinion on!! Buffs by at leat 3 tds. Buff4ever, hope you enjoy this post and the support.

i don't know if buff4ever does, but buff4life sure does :D :D :D

buff4life
11-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by four
Giddings is and should be the favorite, but for those on here who think that there is no point in Yoakum even showing up, don't know much about teenagers. I have watched the Yoakum kids grow from not knowing what it takes or means to win, to a group of kids who think they can win every game even when they haven't. They have a strong future ahead of them, win or lose this game. The core of this team will be back next year, as many as 8 or 9 on offense and defense along with a lot of other kids who had a lot of playing time. These kids are tough and will play hard and will not quit during this game. I wouldn't even begin to guess the score on this game. There are to many intangibles that can't be put on paper. These kids will come out winners, however the score ends up. The kids and the coaches are approaching this game as just another football game and not as if they are playing the New York Giants. Some of these kids don't even know where Giddings, Texas is. Sometimes the best team doesn't win! This might be just one of those times. One can always hope!

so are you going to be at the game since its in your backyard???

IHStangFan
11-17-2008, 05:39 PM
I'd like to see Yoakum win this one and continue on, but it seems like Giddings is putting it all together at the right time....and will be too much for the Dawgs to overcome.

Giddings 35
Yoakum 17

TRENCHES06
11-17-2008, 06:08 PM
Call CPS cuz there is gonna be some child abuse by Giddings in this one!

fourbeee
11-17-2008, 07:13 PM
buff4life
Yeah, I will be there. Would you like to meet?

buff4life
11-17-2008, 07:17 PM
buff4life
Yeah, I will be there. Would you like to meet?

I'd imagine we could set up a M&G...not sure if there are any good spots at house park though so who knows...

BOCEPHUS
11-17-2008, 08:44 PM
I'd imagine we could set up a M&G...not sure if there are any good spots at house park though so who knows...

y'all come on down and meet at the big arse helmet, bout 6:30, if'en u can hear over the music them fools play, i am bring'n some my tunes this week---A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE TO STARTER OFF WITH I THINK

buff4life
11-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
y'all come on down and meet at the big arse helmet, bout 6:30, if'en u can hear over the music them fools play, i am bring'n some my tunes this week---A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE TO STARTER OFF WITH I THINK

bocephus your country butt gonna be able to find your way around the city??? ain't like them dirt roads in the country

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Unless something has changed in the last couple of years, I don't think there's any place inside the stadium you could meet.

gtownfan
11-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Unless something has changed in the last couple of years, I don't think there's any place inside the stadium you could meet.

Sounds like you've been there. What's the parking like?

Sounds tight and the 3,000 on each side might be tight also (lots of fans getting on the band wagon now).

bulldogs_1975
11-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Are you kidding me you are saying that Wharton, Needville and Smithville if they were in District 28-3A would have made Yoakum stay at home HA HA HA HA HA. Smithville turned the ball over why let me see here because Yoakums defense was all over there butt. La Grange no excuse there Yoakum turned the ball over alot and give credit to La Grange on that one. I think this is going to be my last post of the week I am going to just let the kids from Yoakum show up and take care of business. Everyone always makes a big deal of how big teams are up front or how many times a team has made runs in the playoffs and I think that is just a bunch of crap if you ask me. The team who deserves to win most of the time does. I think these two teams are matched pretty good if Yoakum can get off to a good start there is no doubt they can win this game. I know most of you backyards hulligans did not watch the Cuero and Yoakum game but if Yoakum gets a decent call with there running back in the end zone and the refs call a fumble that game is totally different. Not saying they were going to win but it would have come down to the wire.

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2008, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by gtownfan

Sounds tight and the 3,000 on each side might be tight also (lots of fans getting on the band wagon now).
Very little parking. We played Austin Anderson there in '00 & '01, then scrimmaged there in '05. I worked less than a mile from there up until January, but still drive by occasionally. The stadium is pretty decent, unless it's August. lol Maybe there's alternative parking that I don't know about, but it's pretty small where we've parked.

buff4life
11-18-2008, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by gtownfan

there is very little parking and definitley not nearly enough parking for a potential 5000 people...ACC a few blocks away will hold some and the streets surrounding will hold some, but i have no earthly idea on where everyone is going to park.

BOCEPHUS
11-18-2008, 06:08 AM
bocephus your country butt gonna be able to find your way around the city??? ain't like them dirt roads in the country

u don't know me very well, H3LL U DON'T KNOWS ME AT ALL. MY COUNTRY BUTT WILL> 'STRAIGHTEN' <OUT THE STUPID ARSE PLACE.

ESPECIALLY THEM KINDA FOOLS THAT BE WEAR'N THEM KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD SHIRTS, THEN U GOTZ ALL THEM TREE HUGGERS, PLUS U AIN'T KERFUL U END AROUND SOEM OF THE RAIN PEOPLE, U KNOW THE ONES, BE PUT'N STICK'RS OF RAINBOWS ON THEY CAR, BO AIN'T NO FOOL.

PARKING HECK, I'LL STICK MY 4X4 IN WHOE'EVER YARD BE CLOSEST, HAVE A BEER AND EASE RITE ON IN.

BULLDOG1975 BE RIGHT, BUFFS AIN'T READY THE DOGS WILL GET ARSE DEEP IN'EM. BUFFS GO IN THINKEN IT GONNA BE LIKE LAST WEEK THEY WILL GET SENT HOME QUICK. BOTH TEAMS BETTER GET REDY, GONNA HAVE TO SUCK DOWN IN THE SADDLE ON THIS ONE

fourbeee
11-18-2008, 07:56 AM
I heard that even though Yoakum won the toss to be home team, they wanted to wear their all white because they were the only jerseys that had their names on them. The Giddings coach was all for that because they wanted to wear their all black uniforms because of the same reason. Just what I heard. All black vs all white. Wont be confusing.

BOCEPHUS
11-18-2008, 09:25 AM
I heard that even though Yoakum won the toss to be home team, they wanted to wear their all white because they were the only jerseys that had their names on them. The Giddings coach was all for that because they wanted to wear their all black uniforms because of the same reason. Just what I heard. All black vs all white. Wont be confusing.

WHATS THE DAD BLAME WORLD COMING TO, KIDS GOT TO HAVE A NAME ON THA JERSEY OR THEY FERGET WHAT # THEY ARE. NO WONDER WE CAN'T BE PASSEN THE TIKS TEST

fourbeee
11-18-2008, 09:43 AM
I think it is for the parents who can't remember their kid's number.
Bless their hearts. Old folks memories start to go. Some people thought that they were all kin because of the name on the front of the jerseys that said "Dogs".

gtownfan
11-18-2008, 09:52 AM

So Yoakum is home?

Who picked House Park? I was thinking more like Seguin. That's a pretty decent trip for Yoakum.

Buffgal
11-18-2008, 10:18 AM
Yoakum is home team- chose to wear white, don't know the reason but it doesn't matter. Buffs have been playing pretty darn good in either color uniform and with or without names.

Not much choice in the stadiums early in the playoffs. Too many teams playing. Pretty good trip for Giddings too, 290 on Friday is not pretty and then hitting Austin @ going home time. Stadium is nice/turf but in 1939, there was no need for much parking.

All need to get a parking plan/map and have extra time and patience. And then have another dose of it when the game is over and you try to get out of there. Buffers4life/ever, where's that rig gonna park so I can get my dose of patience????

Also, someone told me to have CASH ON HAND in case you don't pay attention to parking restrictions and your car gets towed. Us Country folks (yoakum & giddings) don't really know how to negotiate all those city streets.
Good luck in the parking.

Go Buffs------Pound the Bulldogs!!!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2008, 10:52 AM
I think it is for the parents who can't remember their kid's number.
Bless their hearts. Old folks memories start to go. Some people thought that they were all kin because of the name on the front of the jerseys that said "Dogs".
ROFL! That's funny! :D

bulldogs_1975
11-18-2008, 11:13 AM
I know some of you country folk do not know how to use the internet but a little FYI Giddings is 55 miles from downtown Austin and Yoakum is 90 miles away from Austin. I heard that the coaches tried to get some other stadiums just could never get it all worked out so Giddings coach weasled in that he had HousePark so that is why they went there i guess. Parking is pretty tight but there are what they call parking garages over in that area just be ready to pay 7 or 8 dollars.

48minutes
11-18-2008, 12:34 PM
darn them giddings folks, just screwin Yoakum boys in having to drive a few extra miles. That could cost Yoakum the game, having to drive alittle ways longer probably will hurt the way they play come gametime.

1st and goal
11-18-2008, 12:44 PM
Good thing gas is below $2.00 a gallon for the Yoakum folk.

Don't park at closed businesses if they have no parking signs. You will get towed and I've heard its up to $200. now.

bulldogs_1975
11-18-2008, 12:57 PM
Nah the extra mileage will not hurt them :) Yeah I have heard that as well. I also hear it is a nightmare until about 7 as far as traffic goes is this true

BOCEPHUS
11-18-2008, 01:37 PM
I know some of you country folk do not know how to use the internet but a little FYI Giddings is 55 miles from downtown Austin and Yoakum is 90 miles away from Austin. I heard that the coaches tried to get some other stadiums just could never get it all worked out so Giddings coach weasled in that he had HousePark so that is why they went there i guess.

WEASLE 'FITZ' HIM PRETTY GOOD, BIG OLE WEASLE THOUGH

Dogs_21
11-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Giddings 40
Yoakum-17

BOCEPHUS
11-18-2008, 02:33 PM
HERE IS THE TAIL OF THE TAPE

BOTH TEAMS 8-3

GIDDENS DUN SCORED 401 POINTS, YOAKUM 309

BUFFS GIVEN UP 261, YOAKUM 223

GIDDENS HAS PLAYED 3 TOP 10 TEAMS AND ONE AAAA THAT IS STILL IN PLAYOFFS

DAWGS DUN PLAYED 1 TOP 10 TEAM

EMROLLMENT G-560/Y-446

AND DON'T NUN OF THIS MEAN DAD BLAME THANG, BUT SOMEBODY JUST SHOT IT TO ME, SO I THOGUHTS I LOOK SMART AND POST IT ON HERE LIKE THE REST OF U FELLAS, GET SOME RESPECT
:stirpot: :blahblah:

buff4life
11-18-2008, 04:20 PM
I know some of you country folk do not know how to use the internet but a little FYI Giddings is 55 miles from downtown Austin and Yoakum is 90 miles away from Austin. I heard that the coaches tried to get some other stadiums just could never get it all worked out so Giddings coach weasled in that he had HousePark so that is why they went there i guess. Parking is pretty tight but there are what they call parking garages over in that area just be ready to pay 7 or 8 dollars.

not really sure there are any parking garages anywhere close to the stadium...maybe a few blocks away meaning 6 or 7

buff4ever
11-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Bo denies he has a boss, then gets on here an spurts off info like he be john madden or something.

I like bo, if it weren't for him, we might all be too serious around here. But, he does have a boss, and he still needs to stay on his meds.

BOCEPHUS
11-19-2008, 05:26 AM
ME AND JOHN BOY GONNA BURN SUM 'TURDUCKEN' ON THE BUS, HAVE A COLE 1. MUCH AS I LIKE JM HE TURND EVERY POTBELLY THAT HAS A REMOTE AND A RECLINER INTO A FOOTBALL GURU WITH THAT STUPID ARSE TELLUSTRATER. HE WILL TELL U HIMSELF HE JUST SAYS/DRAWS ALL THAT BS FOR TV, IS ALL A LIE.

BOSS HUH, MY BOSS DAM GOOD LOOK'N, 'SHE MAKES THE BOYS ALL QUIVER WHEN SHE WALKS BY'--------------......AW HECK U MEAN THE DIPCHITS I HANG AROUND DURING THE DAY?? I CHANGE NEIGHBORHOODS ON A REGULAR BASIS, SEEMS I HAVE A PEOPLE PROBLEM, IS THAT MOST PEOPLE DON'T LIKE ME, THEN WE HAVE SOMETH'EN IN COMMON THOUGH~

ALMOST FERGOT, SAY ON TOPIC OR MODS GET TESTY~~~==== YOAKUM BY 7

LH Panther Mom
11-19-2008, 09:00 AM
Playoff breakdown: Giddings vs. Yoakum
Wednesday, November 19, 2008

When/where: 7:30 p.m. Friday, House Park

QUARTERBACK

Giddings doesn't pass much, but the Buffaloes (8-3) did advance to the state 7-on-7 passing tournament this summer. Yoakum's William Markert has thrown for 11 touchdowns.

Edge: Yoakum

OTHER OFFENSE

Eric Rimes and Rush Plumlee both have rushed for more than 1,000 yards this season, but it was Trey Masek and David Bradshaw — who combined for 350 yards and four touchdowns — who made the statement in last week's bi-district win over Sweeny. Yoakum's Trey Hights has rushed for 1,350 yards and 16 touchdowns.

Edge: Giddings

DEFENSE

Giddings is allowing 23.5 points a game, but keep an eye on Xavier Daniels, who intercepted five Smithville passes on Halloween. Yoakum tortured Poteet in last week's playoff win with 14 tackles for loss.

SPECIAL TEAMS

Giddings hasn't made a field goal all season, and has 17 failed conversion attempts, including 2-point plays. Markert, besides his quarterbacking duties, has kicked six field goals, including a 35-yarder last week.

INTANGIBLES

Giddings has been on a roll, scoring 35 or more points in its last four games while the defense has held two of its last three opponents to single digits. ... Yoakum has won seven of its last eight games.

Edge: Giddings

OUR PICKS

Rick Cantu: Giddings; Danny Davis: Giddings

Austin American-Statesman link (http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/highschool/11/19/1119prepplayoffs.html)

Buffgal
11-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Thanks for posting the article. Interesting that on paper they look pretty evenly matched, What the article doesn't tell you is the beef on the Buff Oline is one of the most powerful in about a decade and just when you think you've got that speed under control, there goes another one down the field. Too many jersey numbers to keep up with.

This picture shows just how many speedsters you have to watch. Taylor, Rimes, Bradshaw, Mack, Brite, Masek......& then you have to contend with the same over on D with an added "Rush".....just wait til you see it in full color Friday night.
Go get em Buffs NO FREE LUNCHES

[img] http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg269/lplumlee/2008GiddingsvsSweeny.jpg[img]

BOCEPHUS
11-19-2008, 10:24 AM
HEY BUFF-WOMAN, U ONLY HAVE ENOUGH FILM FER 1 POLOROID SHOT, OR DID U PEEL IT BACK TO SOON AND IT NOT DEVELOP,....I ALWAYS DROP MINE IN THE BOAT, GETS IN THE LIGHT AND ONLY COLOR I GETS IS BROWN.

THAT THAR MUST BE A NEW 'SPREAD FORMATION':rolleyes:
THOUGHT U HAD LEFT SOMEBODY OUT, TILL I COUNT'EN HEADS.
IS THAT HOW THEM BUFFS ALWAYS LINES UP? ALL IN A BUNCH?

U BETTER KEEP THIS HERE A SECRET, DON'T WONT OTHER TEAMS A FIND'EN OUT ABOUT THIS NEW OFFENSE:evilgrin: :rolleyes: :thinking: :vrycnfsd:

underware
11-19-2008, 04:50 PM
I think Yoakum will make this more of a game! Whoever picked this stadium should be shot. I would rather go to Hallettsville or La Grange Stadiums.

Silverback 04
11-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Question for a Giddings poster. When you guys played LH ya'll had a tight end that was about 8'2"" tall and weighed 522 lbs. Ok, maybe he wasn't quite that big, but he absolutely destroyed our DE's all night. Is he still playing and if so how has he been doing?

zebrablue2
11-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Giddings by however many they want...

offensive line doing a great job and masek is doing a great job running the offense and getting the ball to playmakers...

i'll say 28

I agree....

48minutes
11-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
Question for a Giddings poster. When you guys played LH ya'll had a tight end that was about 8'2"" tall and weighed 522 lbs. Ok, maybe he wasn't quite that big, but he absolutely destroyed our DE's all night. Is he still playing and if so how has he been doing?

#91 Spenser Duncan?? He is playing college ball somehwher I'm pretty sure. Not exactly sure where.

c-town_balla
11-19-2008, 10:50 PM
I am pretty sure I will be there and in spite of every fiber of my being I will most likely root for Giddings

buff4life
11-19-2008, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
I am pretty sure I will be there and in spite of every fiber of my being I will most likely root for Giddings

thanks ctown...good to have you on our side...you walking over from UT or driving????

I think i'm walking

and Silver, your talking about Berry not Duncan, and yes when he puts his mind to it he can be a beast

48minutes
11-20-2008, 12:05 AM
this year against LH? or two years ago?

If this year, then yes Berry would be the one. Heck of a player when he wants to be. If two years ago is what your talking about it would be Duncan.

Gobbla2001
11-20-2008, 12:36 AM
I voted for Yoakum... just 'cause... don't know much about this year's Giddings team, and Yoakum really has come along... gave us our toughest game in district?

Giddings probably wins, but I had to be a district-homer...

buff4life
11-20-2008, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by 48minutes
this year against LH? or two years ago?

If this year, then yes Berry would be the one. Heck of a player when he wants to be. If two years ago is what your talking about it would be Duncan.

i think he is talking about this year

Duncan wouldn't have been that good at tight end

48minutes
11-20-2008, 01:31 AM
Kind of the same situation imo, when he wanted to play duncan was a beast. Doesn't matter which side of the ball he was on. Same with berry as well.

BOCEPHUS
11-20-2008, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by underware
I think Yoakum will make this more of a game! Whoever picked this stadium should be shot. I would rather go to Hallettsville or La Grange Stadiums.

u us'en scatter barrel, or varmint rifle?

halletsville......maybe, but.la grange, ain't no way. no offense lepards but y'alls stadium is spliced to gether like a trailer park.

plus buffs were shoot'en for alamo dome but admin. jacked it all up cuz it woulda ben a thursday niter, probably on espn.

what ima gett'n at is that i'll take a bullet fore AAA team plays 2nd round in la grange, agin no offense leps

scrub c
11-20-2008, 07:31 AM
giddings rolls in this one...;)

Buffgal
11-20-2008, 10:51 AM
#91 Spenser Duncan-GHS 2008 graduate, currently on the football team @ Texas A & M Kingsville

#15 Zach Berry-GHS 2009 graduate has the size and the talent. He will be able to make some choices soon. Hope he sticks with it.

Grin and bear it on the stadium choice. I think the stadium people didn't have a clue that two 3A schools would actually bring a crowd. I would have been happy with the Columbus set up. Sorry LG, I'll have to agree with BO on LG. Your seating would be about as inadequate as Giddings stadium bathrooms..

1st and goal
11-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Cold front blowing in with high of 56° on Friday.

Guess Giddings is going to plan a ground game attack....:D

BOCEPHUS
11-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Cold front blowing in with high of 56° on Friday.

Guess Giddings is going to plan a ground game attack....:D

(LMAO) YEAH I HEARD THEY HAD TAKEN OUT ALL THE SHOTGUN/SPREAD STUFF AND WAS ACTUALLY GOING UNDER CENTER TO TAKE A SNAP,:cheerl: AND EVEN HANDING THE BALL OFF TO THE FULLBACK:rolleyes: UNBEIVEABLE STUFF. AND WERE EVEN COMING UP WITH RUNN'N PLAYS FOR 3RD AND LONG.

GAME WILL BE MUCH SHORTER THIS WEEK WITHOUT GIDDENS CHUNK'N THE ROCK 40+ TIMES A GAME:p

da bean
11-20-2008, 02:55 PM
Giddings- 42
Yoakum-24

fourbeee
11-20-2008, 04:31 PM
I heard from some of my friends in Giddings, that the Buffs are so good that it will probably be almost impossible to get Yoakum out of the locker room at half time. They expect that Giddings will put in excess of 70 on the board and that they are so fast and big that the dogs will not be able to get a first down. Their offensive line is so good that Oklahoma is thinking about giving them all a scholarship to come and block for them after the Christmas break in the national championship game after they beat Tech. The only reason the score will stay around 70 is because they plan on playing their JV starting in the 2nd quarter. I think the Dogs are planning on voting this afternoon on whether or not to even play the game. If the vote goes right, they are just going to forfeit and save 69 points. 1-0 sounds better than 70-0. Instead of playing the game they are going to watch Cuero beat Sealy. The coach has ordered green T-shirts with their names in pink on the backs so they can be good Gobbler backers. This way Friday night, there will plenty of seats at the stadium for all the Giddings fans to watch their team choose up sides and have an inter-squad scrimmage. I know I will feel better knowing that all of those poor little Yoakum boys are not going to get injured and humiliated Friday night. Whew boy!!! I will sleep better tonight.

buff4life
11-20-2008, 07:10 PM
I heard from some of my friends in Giddings, that the Buffs are so good that it will probably be almost impossible to get Yoakum out of the locker room at half time. They expect that Giddings will put in excess of 70 on the board and that they are so fast and big that the dogs will not be able to get a first down. Their offensive line is so good that Oklahoma is thinking about giving them all a scholarship to come and block for them after the Christmas break in the national championship game after they beat Tech. The only reason the score will stay around 70 is because they plan on playing their JV starting in the 2nd quarter. I think the Dogs are planning on voting this afternoon on whether or not to even play the game. If the vote goes right, they are just going to forfeit and save 69 points. 1-0 sounds better than 70-0. Instead of playing the game they are going to watch Cuero beat Sealy. The coach has ordered green T-shirts with their names in pink on the backs so they can be good Gobbler backers. This way Friday night, there will plenty of seats at the stadium for all the Giddings fans to watch their team choose up sides and have an inter-squad scrimmage. I know I will feel better knowing that all of those poor little Yoakum boys are not going to get injured and humiliated Friday night. Whew boy!!! I will sleep better tonight.

me too :D :D :D

but i think a few of them might want to go to aggieland though

Gobbla2001
11-20-2008, 07:15 PM
This way Friday night, there will plenty of seats at the stadium for all the Giddings fans to watch their team choose up sides and have an inter-squad scrimmage.

I'm finished for the night... cannot stop laughing at that one... maybe it's just me ha

1st and goal
11-20-2008, 07:55 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: FUNNIEST POST OF THE WEEK AWARD:clap: :clap: :clap:

bulldogs_1975
11-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Funniest post of the week more like dumbest post of the week. I guess in Giddings that do not teach class instead they teach cockiness. Time will tell only time will tell my friends. Just out of curiousity if Giddings is good on offense like everyone says they are then why have they not been putting up 60 and 70 points all year? What would make someone think that in a playoff game you could hang 70 on someone. Not for sure but if the boys from yoakum know about this site then I am sure the coaches have had little to get them fired up all they would have to do is read some of these posts. Not saying Giddings is not good or that they might even have the upper hand but Yoakum whether anyone wants to admit it or not is pretty solid both offensively and defensively.

Gobbla2001
11-20-2008, 11:52 PM
more like dumbest post of the week. .

I'm thinking Four was being phesicious... is that how you spell it? No, it's not, it's Facetious

Old Green
11-20-2008, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I'm thinking Four was being phesicious... is that how you spell it? this what you looking for

facetious= joking:D

Gobbla2001
11-20-2008, 11:58 PM
yah, it's facetious... that's how I remembered how to spell it way back in the day... face... tious... been a while...

JT44
11-21-2008, 12:29 AM
http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/topsports/story/360982.html

buff4ever
11-21-2008, 12:53 AM
who is to say that the FACETIOUS poster is even from Giddings? He may be a bulldog fan trying to create some tackboard material.

Anyway, it was funny.:D

Gobbla2001
11-21-2008, 12:55 AM
it's spelled phuseachous... geez

fourbeee
11-21-2008, 04:47 AM
Surely you are not that dumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To think that was a serious post???????????????

fourbeee
11-21-2008, 04:47 AM
Surely you are not that dumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To think that was a serious post???????????????

BOCEPHUS
11-21-2008, 05:25 AM

AS A FAMOUS MAN ONCE SED "HERES UR SIGN"

RUMOR THAT GIDDENS BUFFS BE DAYBUEN THERE NEW "A-11" OFFENSE, THEY BE A TIRED A SEE'N 12 IN THE BOX............ANYBODY REALLY KNOW WHAT THE H3LL THE BOX BE ANYWAY, THOUGHT ALL ALONG IT BE ICE BOX, WHERE MAN KEEP A COLE 1

1st and goal
11-21-2008, 06:52 AM
Uhh....Uhmm......Uhhhh....I think four is going to sit on the bulldog's side.....Maybe I'm wrong.

Ludicrous is easier to spell.

fourbeee
11-21-2008, 07:30 AM
I am not from Yoakum or Giddings, just an interested observer, but it is great to be able to spell!
Good luck to both teams! For Bo, I will be at the game and in the "Box", the press box that is.

Gobbla2001
11-21-2008, 07:32 AM
but it is great to be able to spell!

I here ya.. your absolutaly right...

BOCEPHUS
11-21-2008, 07:52 AM
I am not from Yoakum or Giddings, just an interested observer, but it is great to be able to spell!
Good luck to both teams! For Bo, I will be at the game and in the "Box", the press box that is.

that funny right thar, u gotz room for me???

i brink some kentucky sipp'n stuff

fourbeee
11-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Come on up, I am sure I'll find a spot for you. I might have to put you to work.

Rule #76
11-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Funniest post of the week more like dumbest post of the week. I guess in Giddings that do not teach class instead they teach cockiness. Time will tell only time will tell my friends. Just out of curiousity if Giddings is good on offense like everyone says they are then why have they not been putting up 60 and 70 points all year? What would make someone think that in a playoff game you could hang 70 on someone. Not for sure but if the boys from yoakum know about this site then I am sure the coaches have had little to get them fired up all they would have to do is read some of these posts. Not saying Giddings is not good or that they might even have the upper hand but Yoakum whether anyone wants to admit it or not is pretty solid both offensively and defensively.

Rule #76
11-21-2008, 09:47 AM
oops

surely bulldog your not that dumb to think that. people get on here all the time and posts things like that to get a team fired up. so go adhead and print it out and go post it all over the locker room and around school at yoakum. get em fired up.

BOCEPHUS
11-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Come on up, I am sure I'll find a spot for you. I might have to put you to work.

I DON'T WORK(ASK ANYBODY), BUT I WILL WATCH U AND:clap: AND :cheerl:

fourbeee
11-21-2008, 10:10 AM
You are a man after my own heart. Sounds good to me.

buff4ever
11-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Bo do work, he a little special, but he work. He got a boss too.

:D :D :D :D

BOCEPHUS
11-21-2008, 02:02 PM
BOSS:clap: U BE FUNNY..............NAH THE TRUTH IS I HAVE A HARD TIME KEEP'N BOSSES, THEY JUST DON'T MAKE LIKE THEY USED TO, U KNOW THE OLE SAY'N, APPLIES BOTH WAYS.........."GOOD HELP HARD TO FIND":evillol:

:twitch: KINDA LOOKS LIKE HIM DON'T IT:thinking:

Buffgal
11-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Just got a call from a concerned grandpa. Seems they called over to Austin ISD to confirm that House Park stadium has handicap facilities. Austin ISD told them there was no game scheduled tonight for House Park Stadium. I am hoping that they got the one employee over there who is out of the loop.

And contrary to what most people believe as far as the law and handicap facilities....Many public places like stadiums and ball parks are not accessible for the handicapped. Sad but true.

fourbeee
11-21-2008, 02:48 PM
I just got off the phone from the AISD's ADs office and they are very aware and prepared for the game. You are right, whoever the person talked to may be the only person in Austin ISD who doesn't know there is a game tonight at House Park.

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2008, 02:49 PM
I just got off the phone from the AISD's ADs office and they are very aware and prepared for the game. You are right, whoever the person talked to may be the only person in Austin ISD who doesn't know there is a game tonight at House Park.
Let's hope he's not the guy with the keys to the gates. :D

fourbeee
11-21-2008, 02:58 PM
Now that is funny!!!!!!!!

Kickin It
11-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Good luck to Giddings tonight! I certainly hope they hold nothing back and blow Yoakum out of the stadium. At least that way, I don't have to read any more of Bullfrog_1923's meaningless posts about how great Yoakum is and how tough they have played this year. Even someone from Cuero posted on another thread that they can't help it that they are in the district that they are in, someone was referring to their strength of schedule. buff4ever, buff4life,buffgirl, and whatever other buff______ that post on here, good luck and represent D-25 well!!

Gobbla2001
11-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Buffgal
Austin ISD told them there was no game scheduled tonight for House Park Stadium.

I know they wanna keep Austin weird and all, but that's just downright stupid...

BrahmaMom
11-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Best of luck, Buffaloes!! Bellville is cheering for ya!

29-3aFAN
11-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Get 'em DAWGS, rootin for the upset. Will someone be posting updates?

1st and goal
11-21-2008, 09:39 PM
At the half, Giddings 14, Yoakum 0

The buffs have been rolling downfield but have fumbled and been stopped 2-3 times on the bulldog's 10 or so.

29-3aFAN
11-21-2008, 11:28 PM
Great season Yoakum. Can't wait till next year, should have a deep run. Goodluck to Giddings here on out.

IHStangFan
11-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Congrats Giddings on your advance to the next round.

Congrats Yoakum on a nice season. You sure gave em hell tonight!

:clap: