PDA

View Full Version : Regional: Silsbee vs. #4 Navasota

HEMOTOXIC
11-15-2008, 12:34 AM
Silsbee comes into this area contest after beating Huffman in the final minute of play, 20-16. After the bi week, Navasota, 9-0, is hungry to play some football. Can Silsbee reproduce the game that they had against #3 WOS, losing to the Mustangs in OT 14-7? Or, will Navasota have their way against the Tiger defense?

Who wins and why?
Friday November 21, SHSU @ 7:30

navscanmaster
11-15-2008, 12:44 AM
I know this will spark some debate, but oh well, it is just how I see it after seeing Silsbee play.

Navasota 42, Silsbee 7.

If Silsbee's O-line can learn how to block, they may have a better showing, but it will be hard for them to score against an improved, quick hard hitting Rattler D. Not to mention the bad tackling by the Tigers all night long. I hope they put together a good game plan and execute it because I hate blowouts, even when my team is winning.

Bigworm
11-15-2008, 12:47 AM
After watching Silsbee play tonite and the QB get sacked more than a few times ,Navasota should walk away with an easy win.

OldBison75
11-15-2008, 12:54 AM
Silsbee has what appears to be several good athletes, but the smaller Huffman backs broke tackles all night. The Silsbee O-line was beat all night by the three man rush of Huffman. The Silsbee QB had a horrible night passing and was sacked several times and rushed all night.

Almost the entire Navasota team was in the stands watching the game and saw plenty work on. Navasota should roll in this one--too much speed and a much stronger running game than Silsbee saw tonight.

Navasota by at leat 28.

martwayne
11-15-2008, 12:59 AM
yes i was at the game, and was not impressed with silsbee. they looked young and kinda scared, but who knows? navasota walks away with an easy victory next week against silsbee

Navasota 42
Silsbee 14

HEMOTOXIC
11-15-2008, 01:05 AM
Silsbee struggled against a descent Falcon team. Yes, I am using struggling because that is exactly what I saw. I am not going to say that Silsbee will struggle against the Rattlers, but, if they do, Navasota will make them pay.

Go Snakes!

HEMOTOXIC
11-15-2008, 01:29 AM
Btw, who is the home team?

HEMOTOXIC
11-15-2008, 09:47 AM
Just got word that Silsbee will be the home team.

j_dog
11-15-2008, 09:55 AM
Silsbee had better pick it up several notches from what I saw last night or it could get very ugly. Sorry Silsbee, but I think Navasota takes this one. But then, if the Silsbee team that played WOS shows up, it may be a contest. I think the Silsbee team we saw last night might have been the team that played Jasper. ;)

Buckeye80
11-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Silsbee seems to be so inconsistent this year. I haven't seen either team play, but I do know that Navasota has been consistently good every game. I think the snakes take this one.

AggiesAreWe
11-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
Silsbee had better pick it up several notches from what I saw last night or it could get very ugly. Sorry Silsbee, but I think Navasota takes this one. But then, if the Silsbee team that played WOS shows up, it may be a contest. I think the Silsbee team we saw last night might have been the team that played Jasper. ;)

j_dog, I believe you are right. The Tiger team that played Jasper showed up last night. Huffman had a lot to do with that, but Silsbee made silly mistakes that they have not been making the last 5 weeks. That was the poorest tackleing that the Tigers have done all year.

I believe the team that played WOS will show up next week and give Navasota all they can handle.

Silsbee takes down over confident Rattlers, 38-35.

ProudHornetMom
11-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
I believe the team that played WOS will show up next week and give Navasota all they can handle.

Silsbee takes down over confident Rattlers, 38-35.

The key word is handle and the Rattlers can and will handle it. Navasota is fine tuning each week and I have confidence they will bring their best to the game and come away with a win.

navratbacker
11-15-2008, 01:00 PM
from what i saw i know that the rattlers will roll all over the tigers.and if we get our linebackers in there to the quarterback he will be rattled cause all he did was lose more yardage then gain.

Bull's-eye
11-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Rattlers may start slow due to their bye, but once they get rolling it won't be close. Navasota by 3 TD's.

t-bird
11-15-2008, 02:57 PM
GO RATTLERS!!!

KingRob
11-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Rattlers too strong. Silsbee won't know what hit them.

Navasota - 40
Silsbee - 13

Necks_Fan
11-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Rattlers may start slow due to their bye, but once they get rolling it won't be close. Navasota by 3 TD's. ATLEAST!

Navasota WAYYYY to much offensively for Silsbee to handle.

t-bird
11-15-2008, 03:05 PM
But if any of the football players read this....Play hard regardless, or a situation like that with Smithville last season may happen. But you never want that to happen in the playoffs.

t-bird
11-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Btw, good luck to Caldwell and Rockdale in their playoff journies. Rep that D-2 4!

HEMOTOXIC
11-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Navasota will not be over confident. Over half of the team was at the game and is aware of how dangerous the Silsbee Tigers can be. Should be a good matchup.

Go Snakes!

thepicker
11-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Wont be a slow start. This game is already over. One of the most impressive teams in 3A this year. Loads of talent. Navasota wins this game 31-7.

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2008, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by thepicker
Wont be a slow start. This game is already over. One of the most impressive teams in 3A this year. Loads of talent. Navasota wins this game 31-7.

Not so fast. Silsbee knows that they will have to play better than what they did against Hargrave. Coach McGallion will have his boys wired up and ready to play. Hopefully the Rattlers will come ready to play, as I think they will.

Silsbee, what's up with your crowd? With it being a playoff game and all, I expected more people from Silsbee and Huffman. Both sides were really quite.

martwayne
11-16-2008, 10:34 AM
VERY QUITE

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by martwayne
VERY QUITE

Lets see how loud "us" Rattlers can get Friday.

navscanmaster
11-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Probably pretty loud if the same officiating crew gets the game.:rolleyes:

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Probably pretty loud if the same officiating crew gets the game.:rolleyes:

True:mad:

navscanmaster
11-16-2008, 08:16 PM
I hope I get off early enough to go on Friday. I probably won't be able to make any Saturday games if they come about, so I would definitely like to make this one. GO RATTLERS!!!!!

PVAMU04
11-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Spoke with a couple of the Rattlers over the weekend and their are focused on what they need to do! So I don't think being over confident is a problem. They know Silsbee is a dangerous team so in the words of one the players " We will take one quarter at a time and do what we have been doing the whole and try an execute on every down and see what happens!" I think the Rattlers are on a mission this year and are focused on the task at hand! So this should be a great game Good Luck to both teams! Go Rattlers!

HEMOTOXIC
11-18-2008, 03:54 PM
3 More Days!

IHStangFan
11-18-2008, 05:10 PM
GET IT DONE RATTLERS!!! :clap:

augie97
11-18-2008, 08:06 PM
Rattlers by alot, I know that anything is possible, but I saw this team first hand..TALENTED

Bigworm
11-19-2008, 04:13 AM
I should be at the game, I might wear my LH gear :D

HEMOTOXIC
11-19-2008, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by Bigworm
I should be at the game, I might wear my LH gear :D

Sit on Navasota's side which will be the visitor's side.

Bigworm
11-19-2008, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Sit on Navasota's side which will be the visitor's side.

Will do....Mineral Wells is wayy too far away

GUNHO
11-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Silsbee seems to play to the level of their competition.They may surprise some people.I don't think they will beat the rattlers but given them a good game is not out of the question.

pirate4state
11-19-2008, 10:55 AM
I think it's close in the first half and then Navasota takes over in the 2nd half.

Navasota 42
Silsbee 21

HEMOTOXIC
11-19-2008, 12:38 PM
2 more days...!

Go Snakes!

venomous tat2
11-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by GUNHO
Silsbee seems to play to the level of their competition.They may surprise some people.I don't think they will beat the rattlers but given them a good game is not out of the question.

I'm with you on that one , I don;t think they will have another bad game like last week and most everyone on this thread thinks it gonna be a runaway ,I don't . I felt like they took Huffman too lightly and it almost cost them . After seeing flim on them I am convinced they will play better , they remind me of Cameron a lot but to me Cameron's QB is better .

RATTLERS GO THE DISTANCE !! "WIN OR GO HOME " :cool:

HEMOTOXIC
11-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
I'm with you on that one , I don;t think they will have another bad game like last week and most everyone on this thread thinks it gonna be a runaway ,I don't . I felt like they took Huffman too lightly and it almost cost them . After seeing flim on them I am convinced they will play better , they remind me of Cameron a lot but to me Cameron's QB is better .

RATTLERS GO THE DISTANCE !! "WIN OR GO HOME " :cool:

Hopefully it will be a good game, which I think that it will. This is the second round of the playoffs fhere is no time to be looking past any team. Everyone is in the playoffs for a reason. Hopefully Navasota will come out and play like we know that they are capable of doing.

As for the game, good luck to all. Navosota folks, dont forget about the pep rally tomorrow night, Thursday, 630P at Rattler Stadium.

Go Snakes!

Gobbla2001
11-19-2008, 06:04 PM
I had was thinking about this one at work today, for a second anyway... I said to myself "Navasota, easy", then I walked out back and a pallet truck was being unloaded... outta Silsbee...

so now I'm going with Silsbee because the truck said...

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2008, 12:31 AM
Wow, I didn't realize how well Silsbee has played WOS over the last 3 seasons.

2006-WO-S 21 Silsbee 13; Silsbee 9-3
2007-WO-S 17 Silsbee 06; Silsbee 4-6
2008-WO-S 14 Silsbee 07 OT; This Season, Silsbee 6-4...

After so many seasons in the same district with WO-S (4A & 3A), I ask myself, is the Silsbee/WO-S game one that you can throw out the rankings and records? :thinking:

WOS87
11-20-2008, 12:33 AM
Wow, I didn't realize how well Silsbee has played WOS over the last 3 seasons.

Silsbee has our number... It's surprising that they've only beaten us twice in the past 30+ years. I still firmly believe that they should have won the game this year.

Gobbla2001
11-20-2008, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
I still firmly believe that they should have won the game this year.

hmm... haven't heard of this game... what happened to make you feel this way?

WOS87
11-20-2008, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
hmm... haven't heard of this game... what happened to make you feel this way?

It was tied 7-7 with 20 seconds left in the 4th Quarter and Silsbee was on the WO-S 10 yard line. Silsbee had no timeouts and the QB mistakenly took a knee and the time ran out... after which WO-S won in Overtime. Had the QB spiked the ball and stopped the clock Silsbee could have easily kicked a field goal and won.

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2008, 12:41 AM
Silsbee has our number... It's surprising that they've only beaten us twice in the past 30+ years. I still firmly believe that they should have won the game this year.

If I am not mistaken, the game with Silsbee was after Hurrican Ike, right?

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2008, 12:42 AM
It was tied 7-7 with 20 seconds left in the 4th Quarter and Silsbee was on the WO-S 10 yard line. Silsbee had no timeouts and the QB mistakenly took a knee and the time ran out... after which WO-S won in Overtime. Had the QB spiked the ball and stopped the clock Silsbee could have easily kicked a field goal and won.

WOW! A few jitters from the Silsbee QB. That kid can really scramble. Should be a fun game on Friday.

WOS87
11-20-2008, 12:43 AM
If I am not mistaken, the game with Silsbee was after Hurrican Ike, right?

It was their 3rd game after Ike and our 2nd. They only missed 2 weeks of practice and WO-S missed 3 weeks. I'm not making excuses about that though. Silsbee has ALWAYS played WO-S tough.

Gobbla2001
11-20-2008, 12:44 AM

nah... they shouldn't have won the game then... coaching is a part of the game, the wins and the losses... sounds like bad coaching...

WOS earned that win...

good thing is you learn from your mistakes... doubt Silsbee ever does that again...

this is gunna be a good game...

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2008, 12:45 AM
It was their 3rd game after Ike and our 2nd. They only missed 2 weeks of practice and WO-S missed 3 weeks. I'm not making excuses about that though. Silsbee has ALWAYS played WO-S tough.

Well, if nothing else, it was a great learning experience for both teams.

OldBison75
11-20-2008, 09:31 AM
The Rattlers have had a great week of practice according to players I have talked to. They are itching to play after last week's bye week. I have also heard rumors of some trash talking in the stands last weef from some Silsbee fans. I did not see or hear it and don't believe there was too much to it.

The Rattlers are ready and I'm sure coach Burk will have the Silsbee boays ready also. I look for the Rattler offense to be ready to roll Friday night. I think the defense will be the surprise of the game. The Rattlers will give the Tiger QB alot of pressure and force him to take down the ball and run or throw bad passes. If he can't turn some of those runs into big plays, Silsbee will have a long night.

I think it will be a little wild early until the teams settle into a pattern and feel each other out. Probably be something like 21-14 at the half, but the Rattlers will turn up the hrat in the second half. Rattlers by 21.

PVAMU04
11-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Yep also heard the Rattlers have had great practices this week also. They lok to be focus and right to play! The Rattlers seem to be right for battle and i hope so cause anything can happen if they are. I really think there on a mission this year and it all starts Friday night in Huntsville! The start slow but get things rolling midway thru second quarter and win by at least 2 tds in this one! Good Luck to both teams ! GO RATTLERS

PVAMU04
11-20-2008, 11:19 AM
Yep also heard the Rattlers have had great practices this week also. They look to be focus and ready to play! The Rattlers seem to be ready for battle and i hope so cause anything can happen if they are. I really think there on a mission this year and it all starts Friday night in Huntsville! The start slow but get things rolling midway thru second quarter and win by at least 2 tds in this one! Good Luck to both teams ! GO RATTLERS

Bearkat
11-20-2008, 01:59 PM
I'll take the Tigers.

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Rattlers by 21.

navscanmaster
11-20-2008, 10:07 PM
I dunno if I want to go to watch a football game or just because it means I am not at work for a change.:(

navratbacker
11-20-2008, 10:23 PM
coach burk coaches at yoakum not silsbee u probably meant mcgallion . i do believe that this will b a good game good luck to all the teams in district 24 3a lets make a sweep this week .

navscanmaster
11-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by navratbacker
coach burk coaches at yoakum not silsbee u probably meant mcgallion . i do believe that this will b a good game good luck to all the teams in district 24 3a lets make a sweep this week .

Boy, wouldn't that be nice! Three of the six teams involved are undefeated.....and two of them are not in our district.:( It can certainly happen though, if we all bring our A game and don't let up. Good luck to all teams involved, and go District 24!

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Hey, I hear that they finally put the statue up at Rattler Stadium.

OldBison75
11-20-2008, 11:06 PM
Yes, the unveliing was at the community pep rally tonight. It is awesome. About 6 ft tall, very intimidating and lifelike, and weighs about 700 pounds.

You will be impressed.

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Yes, the unveliing was at the community pep rally tonight. It is awesome. About 6 ft tall, very intimidating and lifelike, and weighs about 700 pounds.

You will be impressed.

Wow, can't wait to check it out. However, it will probably be next Thursday at the earliest.

HEMOTOXIC
11-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Ok, its finally game day. I wish all a safe travel to and from Huntsville. I hope that both teams come ready to play and remain injury free.

Good Luck Tigers.

It's time to strike! Go Snakes!!!!!!!!

HEMOTOXIC
11-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Out the door to Huntsville.

Go Snakes!

AggiesAreWe
11-21-2008, 11:23 PM
Congrats Navasota on the win.

Though it wasn't the 28 point win that most of you Rattler fans were predicting.

Navasota was the better team.

navscanmaster
11-22-2008, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
Congrats Navasota on the win.

Though it wasn't the 28 point win that most of you Rattler fans were predicting.

Navasota was the better team.

We made that prediction using the Huffman game as a reference point. The Silsbee team that played Huffman was not the Silsbee team that played the Rattlers tonight. Congratulations on the great season, Tigers, keep your heads up. You guys have talent coming back next year, and they have two deep playoff experience under their belts now. Congratulations to Navasota on the win, and though the secondary needs life support, the run defense continues to perform well. I only got to see the second half, and if I had a dollar for every second #5 spent scrambling long enough for a receiver to get open, plus 50 cents for every time he slipped out of a tackle in the backfield, well, I would probably be able to pay my outrageous cell phone bill.:(

AggiesAreWe
11-22-2008, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
We made that prediction using the Huffman game as a reference point. The Silsbee team that played Huffman was not the Silsbee team that played the Rattlers tonight. Congratulations on the great season, Tigers, keep your heads up. You guys have talent coming back next year, and they have two deep playoff experience under their belts now. Congratulations to Navasota on the win, and though the secondary needs life support, the run defense continues to perform well. I only got to see the second half, and if I had a dollar for every second #5 spent scrambling long enough for a receiver to get open, plus 50 cents for every time he slipped out of a tackle in the backfield, well, I would probably be able to pay my outrageous cell phone bill.:(

#5's name is Jeremy Johnson. Remember that name. He is just a junior and next season will be his third year as the starting quarterback. Look for big numbers from him and some big time D1 schools to come calling. A lot have already.

OldBison75
11-22-2008, 11:16 AM
This was a closer game than was expected because of the elusiveness of the Silsbee QB. The guy is very slippery in the open field and keeps running around and finding someone to throw to. Several times, I think I counted eight, he scrambled around the backfield with Rattlers chasing him and threw passes downfield that were caught for big gains. The defensive backs from Navasota were trying to cover receivers for 8-10 seconds while he ran around and lost coverage. Credit him and the receivers for never giving up on a play.

The Navasota offense was very efficient after the first couple of series where there were at least three dropped passes to wide open receivers. Pratt was able to gain nearly five yards in the middle all night. Stokes continued to run well and pass well, even though he threw a stupid interception right before halftime, being hit as he threw when he should have just pulled down the ball and gone down.

The Navasota run defense was very good. Navasota played more players as two-way starters last night than they have all year. It did not seem to affect the stamina of the guys at all. They are well conditioned and played well.

I don't think Navasota will see another QB that can do the things that Silsbee did and buy than much time. If the run defense continues to play as well as last night, good things will happen.

Next week will be a very tough test, no matter who we play. Both Chapel Hill and LaVega bring very good teams to the game and both will give the Rattlers all they want. I still have faith that this is the year of the Rattlers. Every week get tougher and the rust of a bye week is now gone. Look for them to come back strong and ready to show what they are next week.