PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater posters

swstangs001
11-15-2008, 12:17 AM
How many times did they throw and is this Barnes kid legit or what?

STANG RED
11-15-2008, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by swstangs001
How many times did they throw and is this Barnes kid legit or what?

they threw 5 times I think. Barnes did very well. Made some good runs and a few good throws. He did throw one int though and a fumbled a time or two. Still, it sounded like he did a pretty good job.

ladyinred
11-15-2008, 04:39 AM

piratebg
11-15-2008, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by ladyinred

Nice first post. :p

Welcome to the DL. :D

garciap77
11-15-2008, 09:09 AM

Originally posted by piratebg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/BeNiceRnd.gif

;)

P.S. Welcome to the 3ADL ladyinred!

Stangs325
11-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
they threw 5 times I think. Barnes did very well. Made some good runs and a few good throws. He did throw one int though and a fumbled a time or two. Still, it sounded like he did a pretty good job.

despite the rookie fumbles pitches and interception barnes showed a lot of potential. i dont know how many more rounds they can go without birdwell though because its looking like if everything goes right they will have liberty hill in the 3rd round. so has anyone heard anyting about birdwell? because last night he wasnt even suited up. he was in street clothes basically being another coach but it was good seeing him coach and congradulate barnes..shows they have a good connection. thats what a teams about

formerMR60
11-15-2008, 06:36 PM
To my knowledge Birdwell was just bruised in the ribs or maybe in the shoulder. He didn't look to be in any pain on the sideline so I wouldn't doubt his return for Greenwood. As far as Barnes is concerned, i agree with the other posters. He showed good potential as well as some rookie mistakes. I'm not sure how young he is. The interception was a long pass that was into double coverage. He just didn't seem to have the arm strength to make the long throw but arm strength is easily worked on in the off-season. The fumbled pitches he made were just a little rushed and usually behind the runner from what I could see. I think in time he could be a good QB. I was sorely disappointed when the fight broke out. I don't remember the last time Sweetwater has been in a fight like that. It's most definitely not what Coach Jackson stands for or puts up with. Win or lose, Jackson is about respect for your teammates, your opponent, and above all for the game. I'm sure the players will be reminded of this.

8HR
11-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Who is Birdwell?

formerMR60
11-15-2008, 06:47 PM
The starting Quarterback for the mustangs Zach Birdwell. Number 4 I think??? His older brother Sonny was the QB for the 2005 season.

8HR
11-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Thanks

swstangs001
11-15-2008, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by formerMR60
To my knowledge Birdwell was just bruised in the ribs or maybe in the shoulder. He didn't look to be in any pain on the sideline so I wouldn't doubt his return for Greenwood. As far as Barnes is concerned, i agree with the other posters. He showed good potential as well as some rookie mistakes. I'm not sure how young he is. The interception was a long pass that was into double coverage. He just didn't seem to have the arm strength to make the long throw but arm strength is easily worked on in the off-season. The fumbled pitches he made were just a little rushed and usually behind the runner from what I could see. I think in time he could be a good QB. I was sorely disappointed when the fight broke out. I don't remember the last time Sweetwater has been in a fight like that. It's most definitely not what Coach Jackson stands for or puts up with. Win or lose, Jackson is about respect for your teammates, your opponent, and above all for the game. I'm sure the players will be reminded of this.

Fight:confused: what happened?

Wolf Playa
11-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Wasnt really a fight, just alot of pushing, i think there was a fumble and people were pushing each other and just got out of hand, lasted maybe 20-30secs or so.

Sweetwater Red
11-27-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Wolf Playa
Wasnt really a fight, just alot of pushing, i think there was a fumble and people were pushing each other and just got out of hand, lasted maybe 20-30secs or so.

Sorry I missed this thread Wolf Playa. It was clearly a matter of
the officials not blowing the whistle quickly enough. They let both
sides push and pull on each other until he actually went down. It
was like in almost slow motion. In my opinion it was the officials
fault.

wimbo_pro
11-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by piratebg

Experience tells me to hold off till we give ANY "Lady in Red" a chance to speak!!! You never know!!!

ccmom
11-27-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Experience tells me to hold off till we give ANY "Lady in Red" a chance to speak!!! You never know!!! Good thinking, Wimbo...;)

nobogey72
11-28-2008, 09:54 AM

Well put! However, I disagree. But, your post has just as much "substance" as any of Rocket's posts.:D