PDA

View Full Version : Region I GOTW: China Spring (10-0) vs. Burkburnett (9-1)

cshscougar08
11-14-2008, 11:43 PM
Saturday at 6PM at Aledo.

Anyone know anything about Burkburnett? I don't know a thing about them except where they are and that they are the Bulldogs. Lol. And they are black and orange.

Pick6
11-14-2008, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Saturday at 6PM at Aledo.

Well that sucks.

cshscougar08
11-15-2008, 12:24 AM
ttt

Rabid Cougar
11-15-2008, 01:09 AM
This should be Region I GOTW

martwayne
11-15-2008, 01:15 AM
i dont know much about them either but everyone that i have talked to says that they will be the team to put china spring out of the playoffs and that is coming from the chat room here on 3A downlow

Rabid Cougar
11-15-2008, 01:19 AM
Thats nice.

OldBison75
11-15-2008, 01:20 AM
This will probably be the best matchup in the region, if not in the state in Division 1. China Spring looks to be the team to beat, but Burkburnett is a very capable team. This will come down to the Burk defense finding a way to slow down Hicks, because nobody will stop him. Burk might be the team to stop China Spring, but I don't think so this time. CS by 10.

Rabid Cougar
11-15-2008, 01:33 AM
China "D" will stop Burk.

slingshot
11-15-2008, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by martwayne
...they will be the team to put china spring out of the playoffs I don't think so--they're pretty one dimensional, hard nosed and tough as nails though... 3rd round match up should be a doozy (provided of course we both make it there).

R1Editor
11-15-2008, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
This should be Region I GOTW

It will be. Trust me. :thumbsup:

BurkFan
11-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Should be a good game! Burk by 6:)

garciap77
11-15-2008, 09:48 AM
CS by 7.

Bullaholic
11-15-2008, 09:55 AM
Burk is a solid team. I think they came out flat against the Bulls in the first half but started to put it together in the 2nd half and just came with a lot too late. They have some good athletes many of which go both ways and lend stregth to their 'D". Their backs are all of good size and have speed and strength, especially #5- Gould.

Burk by 7.

cshscougar08
11-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Are they more run or pass oriented?

orange machine
11-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Burk in an upset by 6

Pick6
11-15-2008, 12:02 PM
Burk loses by at least 10.

Rabid Cougar
11-15-2008, 07:35 PM
So your saying they will run the football?

gobbler grad
11-15-2008, 08:38 PM
going with the upset...Burkburnett by 1...:eek:

Daddy D 11
11-15-2008, 09:29 PM
China Spring rolls.

jambo67
11-15-2008, 09:40 PM
I am rooting for China Spring. The only reason is to see them match-up with Waco LaVega in round 3. LaVega really wants this game so it will be a good one. Regardless who wins between these two they will be my favorite against LaVaga. The Pirate fans are like school during the summer-time; NO CLASS!

bigYoe
11-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by jambo67
I am rooting for China Spring. The only reason is to see them match-up with Waco LaVega in round 3. LaVega really wants this game so it will be a good one. Regardless who wins between these two they will be my favorite against LaVaga. The Pirate fans are like school during the summer-time; NO CLASS!
Thats a good one lol... I honestly believe it started for La Vega Two years ago when they beat Cameron in BI District play. Ever since then La Vega has kicked butt and taken names.

jambo67
11-15-2008, 09:49 PM
In all honesty the Pirate players are a class act. They are physical and play the game like it ought to be played, on top of that the linemen are tougher than woodpecker lips. They are big and they are strong and they are in shape. Whoever meets up with LaVega better have their stuff wired tight, very tight. LaVega is the real deal.

BHS89
11-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Burk is a VERY run oriented team. From what I understand, they barely threw the ball at all, until their game with Bridgeport. When they did throw the ball they had sucess, but I dont know if its because the Bridgeport defense was not expecting it or what. If Burk is able to run the ball they way they are acustomed to then it will be a good game. I do not know much about China Spring though so I will go with what I DO know.

Burk by 3

Rabid Cougar
11-15-2008, 10:08 PM
The only way for CS/LV matchup would be the State Finals and if each is fortunate to win rest of games.

jambo67
11-15-2008, 10:15 PM
I hope they both have the fortune of meeting in the Finals. I sat on the LV side today and they spoke a lot about playing China Spring, they seemed like a win against you dudes would redeem all past losses. All I'm saying is seemed they really wanted to play China Spring in the worst way.

Rabid Cougar
11-15-2008, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by BHS89
Burk is a VERY run oriented team. From what I understand, they barely threw the ball at all, until their game with Bridgeport. When they did throw the ball they had sucess, but I dont know if its because the Bridgeport defense was not expecting it or what. If Burk is able to run the ball they way they are acustomed to then it will be a good game. I do not know much about China Spring though so I will go with what I DO know.

Burk by 3
Hope they've had a good rest this past week.

VWG
11-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Burk runs mid-line veer offense. Rarely do they throw the ball. Gould is a very good RB, and Beach at QB is also a very good runner.
They have good size on both lines. NG was state champion in power lifting, think he is a junior this year.
Their defense has been pretty solid all year. They did have problems against Bridgeport, but who hasn't this year?

The Bulldogs are just gonna line it up and come right at ya.
If China Spring can stuff that run then it's a long night for Burkburnett.

jambo67
11-15-2008, 10:38 PM
Cool, Burkburnett runs a Veer oriented offense. Anybody with a defense averaging a 5.1 forty can stop that stuff. In '85 that might pan out but this year, NO! I hate to sound so harsh but crap, a veer!? DANG.

Rabid Cougar
11-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Burk runs mid-line veer offense. Rarely do they throw the ball. Gould is a very good RB, and Beach at QB is also a very good runner.
They have good size on both lines. NG was state champion in power lifting, think he is a junior this year.
Their defense has been pretty solid all year. They did have problems against Bridgeport, but who hasn't this year?

The Bulldogs are just gonna line it up and come right at ya.
If China Spring can stuff that run then it's a long night for Burkburnett.

Runs well, doesn't throw the ball often. We might be in trouble. We dont handle run oriented offences very well.

VWG
11-15-2008, 11:51 PM
Cool, Burkburnett runs a Veer oriented offense. Anybody with a defense averaging a 5.1 forty can stop that stuff. In '85 that might pan out but this year, NO! I hate to sound so harsh but crap, a veer!? DANG.

As long as your D-line can hang, and not get pushed around then China Spring should be able to control Burk's running game.
But... Burk has some size on that O-line.

bandera7
11-16-2008, 02:24 AM
Having seen neither team play...Im gonna say Burk by 3. Just because.

Rabid Cougar
11-16-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by VWG
As long as your D-line can hang, and not get pushed around then China Spring should be able to control Burk's running game.
But... Burk has some size on that O-line.
We are not very big on either side of the line, that might cause some problems.

BurkFan
11-16-2008, 10:05 AM
Not a chest-pounder for my team. Don't like to eat crow. I just want to see a good game with all players, my own son included, not getting hurt and coming off the field with their heads high.

I have never seen China Spring play. I know they were state runner-up last season...so that tells me they have a great team.

We typically dont play these highly ranked teams. So how we match up is difficult to determine. We played Sweetwater the opening game and won. They have a typically good team according to people on here...so I dont know.

cshscougar08
11-16-2008, 11:47 AM
How's the Burk defense?

Send_the_House
11-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Burks defense is solid, and fast, and love to hit.

Burk's O'line is definitely a strength. Gould and the QB are both great runners.

This has the potential to be a great game. If China can jump ahead, and force burk out of their game plan, it could get ugly... If its a steady game, burk's size and physical style of play will be a problem for China.

Hasbeen
11-16-2008, 04:03 PM
CS defense got a shutout on Burnet after the offense fumbled 8 times and lost 5 of them. That speaks pretty highly about the CS def. If Burkburnet isn't balanced run/pass, I think the CS defense will win that battle. The CS offense will have to hold on to the ball or it will be in deep trouble. The wind/weather kept CS and Burnet from passing most of the night. . .that might account for all the fumbles a little. It's hard to win playoff games if you can't keep the ball off the ground so that will obviously have to get better for CS.
As good as Hicks is (running, receiving, kickoff/punt runbacks, defense) CS has other options that will win the game for them if Burk concentrates on stopping Hicks. I think it'll be a lot like most playoff games. . .close at first but CS taking control in the 2nd half and winning by at least 2 TDs.

eagles_victory
11-16-2008, 04:15 PM
We are not very big on either side of the line, that might cause some problems. Still pretty good on both sides of the line from what Ive seen of the Cougars the past 2 years.

cshscougar08
11-16-2008, 04:25 PM
We are not very big on either side of the line, that might cause some problems.

I can't decide whether you're being serious or kidding. Lol.

BurkFan
11-16-2008, 04:42 PM
When you Cougars fans get it all figured out, let Burkburnett know and the Bulldogs will try to live up to your expectations. :)

bp80884
11-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by BurkFan
When you Cougars fans get it all figured out, let Burkburnett know and the Bulldogs will try to live up to your expectations. :)

Sure, I will post Sunday morning and tell you what to look out for.

We are actually very over rated. I think Burkburnett should rest your starters for the following week's game against Wylie.

We are small and slow. Been lucky over the past 2 seasons to only lose 2 games. we lost our QB last year and Bell is no Dustin Eskew.

Just having fun. Can't wait til Saturday night!

BurkFan
11-16-2008, 05:24 PM
LOL! I am with ya Bobby! Its all good! I appreciate all the fans of this game.

The China Spring Cougars are a great team...no question about it. I love a great game and hope this one will not be an exception. All these kids work hard for these games. These coaches work hard.

Rabid Cougar
11-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Cougar08 hasn't even BEEN to see CS play this year.

We run multiple offenses.
QB has thrown for 2,200 yds and 27 TDs
Have multiple RBs all very capable with 23 TDs
Have many receivers, one that will end his career with the second most receiving yards EVER in the State of Texas in all classifications.
O-Line is good...allowing just 3 sacks all year and producing those 23 rushing TDs

The D is good.... plain and simple allowing only 132 points against.

34 Seniors.

cshscougar08
11-16-2008, 10:30 PM
Cougar08 hasn't even BEEN to see CS play this year.

Oh sure bash the graduate. ;)
Not my fault!!! We were off when I came home for the Baylor game and I was in College Station during the Gatesville game. I'll be there over Thanksgiving if we win Saturday!

Rabid Cougar
11-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Oh sure bash the graduate. ;)
Not my fault!!! We were off when I came home for the Baylor game and I was in College Station during the Gatesville game. I'll be there over Thanksgiving if we win Saturday!

Rather watch Zero-U instead of the Cougars.... What a shame.

cshscougar08
11-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Rather watch Zero-U instead of the Cougars.... What a shame.

I bet you would take A&M over Cameron if you were my age in my shoes. ;)

Rabid Cougar
11-17-2008, 07:59 AM
I bet you would take A&M over Cameron if you were my age in my shoes. ;) The only thing that kept me from a Cameron Yoemen game was if I was playing myself or a girl....and there were plenty of girls!

cshscougar08
11-17-2008, 09:26 AM
The only thing that kept me from a Cameron Yoemen game was if I was playing myself or a girl....and there were plenty of girls!

LOL! Yeah I can definitely make that excuse as well. Except there's only one for me. :D

markp08
11-17-2008, 12:28 PM
It wouldn't surprise me to see Burk win this one. I don't have anything to base that on, but still......

nobogey72
11-17-2008, 01:34 PM

IMO teams that run the veer/option can be very effective in this age of spread offenses. Defenses have become geared to defend the spread with smaller more athletic LBs and DEs, plus, you don't prepare for the veer very often and it is a tough week for a coaching staff to prepare for. IMO that has a lot to do with Liberty Hill's success lately is that they run an offense that takes advantage of everyone's defense going smaller and quicker. They can 6-8 yd you to death, which keeps your offense on the sideline with the clock being eaten up. We played Burk in the first round last year, and they have a lot of kids back. Trust me, they will show up and play hard against CS. I would love to see this game. Hopefully, we will get the winner.:)

TripleH
11-17-2008, 01:41 PM
If they don't get behind early, Burkburnett will pound the ball and run the clock in a classic game of keep-a-way with China Spring. With China Spring having a quick strike offense if they score too quickly each possesion their defense could be worn down by the fourth quarter.

cshscougar08
11-17-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by TripleH
If they don't get behind early, Burkburnett will pound the ball and run the clock in a classic game of keep-a-way with China Spring. With China Spring having a quick strike offense if they score too quickly each possesion their defense could be worn down by the fourth quarter.

But if we're able to score that quickly, will it matter that our defense gets worn down?

RPF2666
11-17-2008, 02:32 PM
I'll take CS based solely on the effort and fight they put
up against Celina last Christmas!

I know some of the names have changed, but not too many if they have 34 seniors!

OrangeChamps
11-17-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by RPF2666
I know some of the names have changed, but not too many if they have 34 seniors!

Very true, and some big names haven't changed. China Spring wins going away.

CS - 42
BB - 14

Budman007
11-17-2008, 04:15 PM
China Spring may win this one, but they will know they have been in one heck of a battle. Burk is very athletic and physical.

RPF2666
11-17-2008, 06:41 PM
You can count on China's physicality, too...

They played an admirable, physical game on the biggest stage last year, and you can expect them to play like they belong there again.

Rabid Cougar
11-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by TripleH

Do not think that we cannot run the ball or even play keep away in the spread. That would be a very big mistake. CS offense is your ordinary offense.

Rabid Cougar
11-18-2008, 08:35 AM
Do not think that we cannot run the ball or even play keep away in the spread. That would be a very big mistake. CS offense isn't your ordinary offense.
Sorry was trying to edit the post.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-18-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm going to take Burk. They have a very good team and I'm biased being that they are in our (Vernon's) district.

I love good ball control teams. Plus they have some very good coaches. Coach Dalke was the coach of the Texas All Star team in the Oil Bowl last year. Coach Butchee too. Great program although they have been known as a basketball school in 4A.

3afan
11-18-2008, 03:07 PM
friend of mine just called & said that his crew is going to officiate this game ... they are out of the Dallas chapter

Burkburnett
11-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Did Burnet really have 8 fumbles (lost 5) against China Spring? If so, how did CS only score 24 points?

cshscougar08
11-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Burkburnett
Did Burnet really have 8 fumbles (lost 5) against China Spring? If so, how did CS only score 24 points?

No CS had 8 fumbles and lost 5. Total lack of concentration on the task at hand. Still, the defense stepped up.

Burkburnett
11-18-2008, 05:14 PM
The game will be broadcast on KOLI 94.9 FM, The Outlaw, based out of Wichita Falls.

Use the following link to listen via the streaming broadcast:

Burk/China Spring Radio Broadcast (http://www.949theoutlaw.com)

Rabid Cougar
11-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Also broadcast on KBBW 1010 AM

http://www.1010kbw.com/cougars/

alaskacat
11-18-2008, 10:19 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a game tape from last years Celina/CS State final? I have been looking all year to add to the collection.

email me at diamondhead85@sbcglobal.net if you know.

Texas Cougar
11-19-2008, 06:32 PM
CS defense has been dominant this year. Any weakness is against the pass. Defensive line is the best 3A has to offer. Who knows if they will run the spread or slot-tee. They do both well. Do not forget, CS has one of the top kickers in the state.

CS - 34
Burk- 21

cshscougar08
11-19-2008, 06:39 PM
I would agree that the main thing that is being overlooked is how good the CS defense is. We held Burnet to 150 total yards with 58 on one play. And we fumbled the ball 5 times, so it's not like Burnet didn't have opportunities. Burnet put up a whole heck of a lot more points and yards on Liberty Hill. I think China Spring will be just fine in this game and win by at least 10. It will be close early, but CS will pull away late.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-19-2008, 09:29 PM
Ya Know, Normally I'd say powder blue is a sissy color. But China Spring pulls it off. I won't be shocked if they win it all this year. It won't be a cakewalk, but they can do it.

Texas Cougar
11-19-2008, 11:29 PM
Nothing in life is a cake walk. One week at time. One opponent at a time.

Dominicfrank
11-20-2008, 12:41 AM
Burk is a tough tough team and will be a great test for China Spring. Someone on here said LH and CS could only meet in the Finals but arent they in different brackets? China Spring being in the DI and LH being DII ?

trojan37
11-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
Burk is a tough tough team and will be a great test for China Spring. Someone on here said LH and CS could only meet in the Finals but arent they in different brackets? China Spring being in the DI and LH being DII ?

That is right. China Spring and LH can't match up this year, but China Spring and La Vega can if they both make it to state! That would be a good one.

da bean
11-20-2008, 02:53 PM
from my burnet football friends they said china springs wasnt as good as people have been saying all year....iam saying
Burkburnett- 24
China Springs- 21

CS DAD
11-20-2008, 03:12 PM
burnet didnt even see our offense would have been 56-0

Texas Cougar
11-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Burnet had 150 yards total offense and 8 first downs with 58 of those yards on one play. Dominating defense. CS will cure their fumble problems as well.

da bean
11-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by CS DAD
burnet didnt even see our offense would have been 56-0

better hope so cause i dont see china springs makin it past this week

cshscougar08
11-20-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by da bean
from my burnet football friends they said china springs wasnt as good as people have been saying all year....iam saying
Burkburnett- 24
China Springs- 21

You can't judge a team by one game. Or by the opinions of ignorant fans.

Rabid Cougar
11-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Burkburnett- 24
China Springs- 21

When you have 8 fumbles it makes you look pretty bad regardless of who you are. Ask your friends what it feels like to be physically abused by a team that is not as good as people have been saying.

martwayne
11-20-2008, 08:28 PM
navasota rattlers all the way

bp80884
11-20-2008, 09:57 PM
hmmm

bp80884
11-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Burkburnett- 24
China Springs- 21

Did they leave at half time. Cause the 2nd half was an old fashion butt whooppin!!

We had 5 or 6 fumbles, otherwise we would have put 40+ on the board to Burnett's gooseegg.

What else does a team have to do to be consider good by a previous opponent? Our so called 2nd rate defense held a pretty good offense scoreless. Our offense put up 24 in some of the worst conditions you can have without rain. Tell your friend to judge the team that they are playing this week?

OldBison75
11-21-2008, 09:51 AM
CS has the horses on offense and defense to go all the way. The key will be how they play on any given night. If they play smart ball and don't commit the kind of turnovers they made against Burnet, they will be okay. Burk is a very good team and can give any team in the state bad headaches. They are a strong defense and pretty efficient offense. This should be a very close game, unless someone has the turnover bug.

If both teams are clicking, alot of push and shove will happen and the score should stay pretty low. Both defenses can be dominant.

Look for the last team to have the ball to win on that last drive.

Bullaholic
11-21-2008, 04:44 PM
I wish Burkfan and the Bulldogs the best of luck----we are proud to have them as fellow district members in 5-3A. They are all class folks.

bp80884
11-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Any word yet on round 3 potential spots for these potential matchups:

Burkburnett VS Abilene Wylie
China Spring VS Abilene Wylie

Burkburnett VS Seminole
China Spring VS Seminole

Just wondering. Looking forward to a great game tomorrow night. It certainly sounds like both teams are top notch in all areas of the game.

Go Cougars!

Texas Cougar
11-21-2008, 06:03 PM
From what I hear there is a common site, time, and date already agreed on by all 4 teams. They are keeping very tight lipped about any other details.

stat man
11-21-2008, 10:12 PM
Sorry Burk fans but i don't think this will even be a game.

China Springs by 30

BurkFan
11-22-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I wish Burkfan and the Bulldogs the best of luck----we are proud to have them as fellow district members in 5-3A. They are all class folks.

Thanks Bullaholic! Same to the Bulls! We are proud where all our district boys are and hope they all show that we can be a district that will be a force for years to come, barring any realignment issues.

Budman007
11-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Go Bulldogs! Show those folks how good you guys really are!!!

Rabid Cougar
11-22-2008, 11:16 AM
I am so ready to see the Cougar D tonight. It is great to have a challange.

BurkFan
11-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Good luck to the Cougars. Hope it is a good game and all the boys stay healthy.

Rabid Cougar
11-22-2008, 12:36 PM
6 hours to go. Just to damd long!

bp80884
11-22-2008, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by bp80884
Any word yet on round 3 potential spots for these potential matchups:

Burkburnett VS Abilene Wylie
China Spring VS Abilene Wylie

Burkburnett VS Seminole
China Spring VS Seminole

Just wondering. Looking forward to a great game tomorrow night. It certainly sounds like both teams are top notch in all areas of the game.

Go Cougars!

I am hearing next Saturday @ 5:30 in B rownwood for the China spring vs Wylie game. Not confirmed.

bp80884
11-22-2008, 11:22 PM
I wanted to be the 1st to say that the Burkburnett team was one of the most diciplined team we have played since Celina last year. Those 2 backs and the QB are tough as nails. We were fortunate to get out of that game.

Burkburnett was total class and we thank you. It was a pleasure to play you.

Go Cougars!

BurkFan
11-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Great game from the Cougars! We enjoyed it very much...but we have a situation that I need from all the members of this board. I dont think China Spring fans even knew about until later.

The Burkburnett Bulldogs player #13 Ronnie Hall came off the field shortly after the kickoff when CS kicked the field goal to tie the score at 3-3.

He immediately began vomiting. The trainers tended to him and it quickly became apparent that this was not just water cramps. He went from vomiting to full scale convulsions. He was unable to keep his head up.

He was taken by stretcher out of the stadium and was Care Flighted to John Petersmith hospital. The last report we have is that he has bleeding on the brain and is stable in intensive care.

Please I ask all my new friends here on the board to keep him in your prayers. Thank you!

Budman007
11-23-2008, 12:10 AM
Great season, Bulldogs! Our prayers are with this young man and his family tonight.

BurkFan
11-23-2008, 12:11 AM
Thank you budman! I hate this stuff.

44INAROW
11-23-2008, 12:28 AM
Burkfan, thank you for sharing his name and the situation. I will mention his condition and ask for prayers tomorrow morning in church. Please keep us posted on his condition and please know that there are prayers being sent from Cuero :(

BurkFan
11-23-2008, 12:29 AM
Thank you! I will keep everyone informed. Tonight is really crucial.

Texas Cougar
11-23-2008, 12:31 AM
I saw the helicopter take off, but did not realize what happened. Our prayers go out. Burk played a great game.

Please keep us updated on his status. I genuinely care about his health. As a football Dad, this is my worst nightmare.

BurkFan
11-23-2008, 12:38 AM
Thanks Texas Cougar! Nobody realized what was going on except the "trainers" and the Burk fans. It is our worst fears as parents! We were livid that they bring the paramedics in and yet he sat there trying to pass out for about 5 minutes.

LH Panther Mom
11-23-2008, 12:40 AM
Prayers have been sent for him. :(

Rabid Cougar
11-23-2008, 01:02 AM
We didn't know this on the visitor side. Sorry to hear about it.
Certainly makes the outcome of the game irrelevent.

OldBison75
11-23-2008, 01:06 AM
Our deepest prayers are sent out to this young man and the entire community from the Navasota Rattler faithful.. There will be prayer chains at our multiple churches that will be praying for this family.

BurkFan
11-23-2008, 01:06 AM
Your right Rabid. We had Burk players tending to this young man. We were so frustrated. We needed to get the ambulance to get this young man. And no one was even paying attention.

BullsFan
11-23-2008, 01:07 AM
Will definitely keep this young man and his family in our prayers as well, BurkFan.

Congrats to the team on a great season.

BurkFan
11-23-2008, 01:11 AM
Thank you Thank You Thank you! You are all wonderful! We are monitoring it right now. There was nothing more serious than this.

ccmom
11-23-2008, 01:11 AM
Great game from the Cougars! We enjoyed it very much...but we have a situation that I need from all the members of this board. I dont think China Spring fans even knew about until later.

The Burkburnett Bulldogs player #13 Ronnie Hall came off the field shortly after the kickoff when CS kicked the field goal to tie the score at 3-3.

He immediately began vomiting. The trainers tended to him and it quickly became apparent that this was not just water cramps. He went from vomiting to full scale convulsions. He was unable to keep his head up.

He was taken by stretcher out of the stadium and was Care Flighted to John Petersmith hospital. The last report we have is that he has bleeding on the brain and is stable in intensive care.

Please I ask all my new friends here on the board to keep him in your prayers. Thank you! Praying for him now, as are many others. Any updates on his condition would be appreciated.

Texas Cougar
11-23-2008, 01:13 AM
The more I think about it the more pissed off I get. They should have stopped the game for a few minutes until he was taken off. That had to be a major distraction at a crucial time in the game. The CS team has been informed and they are praying as a group for his recovery.

BurkFan
11-23-2008, 01:14 AM
We will probably not get any updates until morning. He is stable and in ICU at John Petersmith hospital. But I will keep all lines of communication open and will post as soon as anyone hears anything!

God Bless you all!

BurkFan
11-23-2008, 01:18 AM
Texas Cougar...you are absolutely right! We love this game but we love our children more. They had to roll the damn stretcher from the Burk player area all the way to the west end of the stadium. The first responders said "we cannot get the ambulance in there without driving across the field" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Why our coaches didn't tell the referees is beyond me. Our kids were freaked!

BurkFan
11-23-2008, 01:24 AM
As a side note...Cougars fans...you are all class act individuals! Your team is great and the fans are great! Thanks for a memorable night!

bp80884
11-23-2008, 08:47 AM
Burkfan,
we saw the heilcopter and did not know what was going on. We prayed for whoever it was for at the time.

We thought there must have been an accident close and this was the best place for the helicopter to land.

We are praying now for that young man, his family, the Burkburnett community and friends.

This will hit the China Spring community hard tomorrow. Win or lose on the field, win in life!

God bless.

ccmom
11-23-2008, 09:14 AM
Texas Cougar...you are absolutely right! We love this game but we love our children more. They had to roll the damn stretcher from the Burk player area all the way to the west end of the stadium. The first responders said "we cannot get the ambulance in there without driving across the field" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Why our coaches didn't tell the referees is beyond me. Our kids were freaked! So, the game never even stopped at all? Wow! That is pretty unbelievable and hard to justify. However, my focus is (and has been since hearing this last night) this young man and his family. I will continue to pray for his healing, as well as his family and the entire community. While we may all come here to represent our respective teams and have fun taking the occasional jab at each other, news like this hits home for every parent and/or fan. God Bless!

BurkFan
11-23-2008, 09:18 AM
We have not received any word as of yet this morning about the players current status. In our local paper there is a quote from the Burkburnett Athletic Director saying "everything looks good"

Please keep the prayers coming! God Bless you all!

STAggie
11-23-2008, 09:30 AM
You have our thoughts and prayers here in Sealy. I hope everything turns out all right for this player, his family and his team.

Bullaholic
11-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Got in here late, Burkfan, but our thoughts and prayers are for a speedy and successfull revovery for this young man. God be with him and his family. Please keep us posted.

Congrats to the Bulldogs for a great season---they acquitted themselves well.

bp80884
11-23-2008, 10:38 AM
We have not received any word as of yet this morning about the players current status. In our local paper there is a quote from the Burkburnett Athletic Director saying "everything looks good"

Please keep the prayers coming! God Bless you all!

Is there a link to the paper? I have had a couple people here is China Spring ask so they could keep up on the story.

Rabid Cougar
11-23-2008, 11:04 AM
Coach Bell called the Burkburnett coach. The boy is doing fine and was held overnight for observation.

bp80884
11-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Great news. Thanks for the update!

BurkFan
11-23-2008, 11:43 AM
He was being taken out of ICU this morning and the bleeding in his brain cavity is subsiding. Thank you all for your prayers!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
So, the game never even stopped at all? Wow! That is pretty unbelievable and hard to justify. However, my focus is (and has been since hearing this last night) this young man and his family. I will continue to pray for his healing, as well as his family and the entire community. While we may all come here to represent our respective teams and have fun taking the occasional jab at each other, news like this hits home for every parent and/or fan. God Bless! +1 game should have been stopped and coach should had inform the refs and the paramedics should have stopped that game! glad to hear hes recovering.

BullsFan
11-23-2008, 01:54 PM
So glad to hear good news about this young man's health. Thanks for keeping us updated, BurkFan and Rabid Cougar.