PDA

View Full Version : Just watched a very entertaining 2A game

injuredinmelee
11-14-2008, 11:39 PM
GOt there at half time with Early leading 21-7. Jim Ned just kept plugging away and pulled of the win after two Early fluke kicking game turnovers. Was a lot of fun to watch.

Daddy D 11
11-14-2008, 11:40 PM
I did the exact same thing! I knew i saw you there, were you in a camo jacket?

injuredinmelee
11-14-2008, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I did the exact same thing! I knew i saw you there, were you in a camo jacket?
That was me.

Daddy D 11
11-14-2008, 11:41 PM
When Jim Ned ran that fake EP, that was gutsy.

injuredinmelee
11-14-2008, 11:46 PM
the kid that had gotten hurt on that drive was the center and the back up they put in had a cast on his left hand. I think or thought it was a bad snap.

Daddy D 11
11-14-2008, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
the kid that had gotten hurt on that drive was the center and the back up they put in had a cast on his left hand. I think or thought it was a bad snap.

I thought that myself for a little while, then decided it was a fake. lol

Looking4number8
11-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Was hoping Early would pull the season out. The tall WR for Early (#81) dates my daughter. Was hoping they would win for him!

Daddy D 11
11-14-2008, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Was hoping Early would pull the season out. The tall WR for Early (#81) dates my daughter. Was hoping they would win for him!

He made a catch with about 20 seconds left.

Mcguirk
11-14-2008, 11:54 PM
The JN coach, in a tv interview, said it was a mishandled snap. The holder just picked it up an ran it in for 2.

Looking4number8
11-14-2008, 11:54 PM
Good kid and a pretty good athlete. Bad news since there season is over, he will be eating dinner here 7 nights a week! :)

injuredinmelee
11-14-2008, 11:57 PM
is Tindols job in jeopardy after the high expectations at the beginning of the Year? I watched them in week one against Cisco and they just imploded mentally. I thought it was a lack of leadership but I have been wrong a time or two before. It was in 1986 or 87 i dont remember now.

injuredinmelee
11-14-2008, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Mcguirk
The JN coach, in a tv interview, said it was a mishandled snap. The holder just picked it up an ran it in for 2.
yu should have come up there. I didnt get thee until half because I went to watch the Girls dismantle Permian in basketball. (side note, Permians coach is smoking hot!!!)

Looking4number8
11-15-2008, 12:00 AM
is Tindols job in jeopardy after the high expectations at the beginning of the Year? I watched them in week one against Cisco and they just imploded mentally. I thought it was a lack of leadership but I have been wrong a time or two before. It was in 1986 or 87 i dont remember now.

I dont know, we have had our own problems so I have not kept up with too much of the drama on that side of town... and they have had there drama

injuredinmelee
11-15-2008, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I dont know, we have had our own problems so I have not kept up with too much of the drama on that side of town... and they have had there drama
that program was in the gutter when he took over wasnt it? Didnt they have a merry go round of coaches coming and going earlier this decade?

Looking4number8
11-15-2008, 12:03 AM
that program was in the gutter when he took over wasnt it? Didnt they have a merry go round of coaches coming and going earlier this decade?

yep, they had like 45 year playoff drought before he got there. I say he has done an awesome job!

Trashman
11-15-2008, 12:26 AM

No, Early was just over rated according to one of the parents. As I understand it, Tindol is waiting on one of the Jr High classes.

slingshot
11-15-2008, 02:19 AM
If Tindol's job is in jeopardy then there are some foolish people in positions of power in Early (surprise there, Huh?). He is an absolute quality individual and a solid coach--he's taken a moribund program and turned it into one where playoffs and district championships are expected... and done it the right way--by hard work, displaying Christian principles and leadership in his personal life for the players to see.

ziggy29
11-15-2008, 09:42 AM
Speaking of 2A -- wow, what a story Brady is this year. Before this year they were, let's be honest, a pretty horrible team. I remember watching Llano beat them 50-0 two years ago, and that was only because the Jackets tried to take it easy and coast with the 2nd and 3rd string in the second half. It was hard for me to watch a bunch of kids really trying but getting their brains figuratively getting beaten in. They were, to be brutally honest, a terrible football team.

And suddenly, they finish this season 9-1 including a non-district win over a 3A team.

We went for a drive yesterday since I had the day off, and we wound up going through Brady. The amount of school pride and Brady Bulldog paraphernalia was unbelievable.

I always feel bad for programs that just suffer under long-term futility, ones for which a "good" season is getting a win or two. When we saw them, Brady looked like one of those teams. The turnaround that team has made is nothing short of amazing. It's good to see what can happen for kids who never stop trying and never stop believing they can do it.