PDA

View Full Version : Cuero Gobblers vs Sealy Tigers

Pages : [1] 2

44INAROW
11-14-2008, 11:23 PM
This should be a good game. Next week, November 21, 2008. I just had to bring this quote back up from a Sealy fan from the Sealy vs Needville game thread
Originally posted by teetle
Speed kills, Needvill found out tonight. Way to go Tigers. :eek: :eek: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :eek:

I haven't seen Sealy play this year, so I have no idea how fast they are. Will it be a track meet? Only time will tell. To quote Teetle - "speed kills" - we'll see who has the speed next week.........

I am listening to the post-game show and it "looks" like the game is tentatively set for next Friday night @ El Campo..... (that is NOT confirmed)

bigYoe
11-14-2008, 11:25 PM
So is this game tonight or next week?

dawg4life
11-14-2008, 11:26 PM
Id have to take Cuero by 14. Should be a great game though.

44INAROW
11-14-2008, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by bigYoe
So is this game tonight or next week?
well, since I posted it tonight and said next Friday - I'd say it's next week...... but I'll go edit and put the date.......

Necks_Fan
11-14-2008, 11:28 PM
Next weekend.

Needville was too slow. Cuero= MUCH faster.

Contain Downey... which they will.... and Cuero wins. No way they stop Arndt and Jackson.

I hope this game is in Victoria. I want to go.

:)

If it's at VM, I will be there.:)

Cuero by 21 in this one, unless they pull the starters.

Watcher
11-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Everybody needs to remeber that there is a Downey on offense and one very capable one on defense. Sealy does have more weapons that are being loaded from week to week. Good luck Tigers "Heads down and roll on"

bigYoe
11-14-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
well, since I posted it tonight and said next Friday - I'd say it's next week...... but I'll go edit and put the date.......

Woa there lil fellar, no need to get smart. Obviously im not really paying attention to the playoffs AS MUCH seeing as Cameron did not make it. Just asking a question but if you feel the need to be sarcastic that fine. Good job

44INAROW
11-14-2008, 11:39 PM
Woa there lil fellar, no need to get smart. Obviously im not really paying attention to the playoffs AS MUCH seeing as Cameron did not make it. Just asking a question but if you feel the need to be sarcastic that fine. Good job
1st of all, I am not a little fella,
2nd - maybe you should pay attention before you ask the question - think about it - WHY would I post a poll about a game already played????
3rd - not my fault your team isn't in the playoffs.......
:doh: :hand:

bigYoe
11-14-2008, 11:44 PM
1st of all, I am not a little fella,
2nd - maybe you should pay attention before you ask the question - think about it - WHY would I post a poll about a game already played????
3rd - not my fault your team isn't in the playoffs.......
:doh: :hand:
Well im sorry but for Being 6'5 285 pounds i feel like i can call MANY people lil fella. Havent been on in a while and havent been paying attention to HS football. If you want to be a rude snobby A$$ that fine. Of course its not your fault Cameron isnt in the playoffs, Cuero and Cameron ARENT even close. what 200 mile difference. Anyone can be rude online dude, but can you be that way if we met in person?

44INAROW
11-14-2008, 11:46 PM
Well im sorry but for Being 6'5 285 pounds i feel like i can call MANY people lil fella. Havent been on in a while and havent been paying attention to HS football. If you want to be a rude snobby A$$ that fine.

take your talk to another thread - this is about Cuero and Sealy -

Pudlugger
11-15-2008, 12:15 AM
This should be a very competitive match up. Both teams have speed and run power offenses. It will be close and come down to the team with fewer turnovers and penalties wins. I'll say Cuero by a little but I'll not be surprised if Sealy upsets.

Bull's-eye
11-15-2008, 12:36 AM
Sealy is now playing good football and I like them in a close game. Good luck Tigers, D25 has your back.

HEMOTOXIC
11-15-2008, 12:37 AM
Cuero by 21.

29-3aFAN
11-15-2008, 12:44 AM
Cuero by 16.

OldBison75
11-15-2008, 12:49 AM
Sealy has enough speed to play with anybody. The question will be which Sealy team shows up. Will it be the team that beat Bellville and destroyed Needville in the first half, or the team that played against LaGrange and the second half against Needville.\

If Sealy plays well, the game could be very close. I think Cuero might be too much for the Tigers, who haven't shown a consistency for four quarters. Cuero by 14.

TRENCHES06
11-15-2008, 01:03 AM
Goodbye Sealy.

Cuero by at LEAST 20.

martwayne
11-15-2008, 01:05 AM
isn't cuero like 0-3 against sealy i going upset here

Sealy 20
Cuero 19

HM33
11-15-2008, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by martwayne
isn't cuero like 0-3 against sealy i going upset here

Sealy 20
Cuero 19

No don't know the actual numbers but the last 3 or so times we have meet Cuero has won. Back when Sealy won all that games and championships they beat up on us. But last time Cuero played Sealy was 4 years ago in 04 and we won.

And I say Cuero by 15 (we get a two point conver.)

HM33
11-15-2008, 01:42 AM
Oh and rumor has it.

1. El Campo
2. Round Rock

Thats what I heard. I hope its RR becuase that stadium is AMAZING... Remember playing in it in 04 and easily the best field/stadium to play at.

pirate4state
11-15-2008, 01:49 AM
Game is in El Campo on Friday @ 7:30pm.

I agree with OldBison. If Sealy plays a complete game this one could get very interesting.

Mitchell can't get away from them turkeys ( :p ).....gotta root for my boy & his boys.

Good Luck Sealy....prepare & execute!

CueroDad08
11-15-2008, 02:19 AM
Would hate to say who of these two will be favored to win.
Both have so much history.
Both have great team speed,
Both can run and pass.
Both have a great staff.
This game will come down to turnovers.

One thing we can count on is two very even teams.

Who wants it the most?

dachosenone
11-15-2008, 02:36 AM
Sealy does have a good coaching staff. This probably will be it for the Tigers if their inconsistent as shown earlier in the year. They were very optimistic against Bellville so if they capatilize again it will be an upset.

D25 TOUGH!

headhunter
11-15-2008, 03:06 AM
No secret on how this game will be won.

It will be won in the trenches. Both teams best defense will be their offense. Cuero can throw the ball better but they will benefit more by grinding it out on the ground. By running the football they can control the clock and the momentum.

You can bet the Sealy team that beat Bellville and Needville will show up. This is a quit rivalry (been awhile since these teams have played). Sealy like everyone will play their best game of the year against Cuero. I still like the Gobblers in this one but they better come ready to play and be ready to play lights out on defense. I think the overall record between Sealy and Cuero is 5 to 4 with the advantage to Sealy but Cuero has beaten them 4 straight times (i think, someone will post the real stats)

I would bet the stadium will be packed and their will be a lot of hard hitting in this game. Should be a great game - Go get em Gobblers!!!

Tiger Turtle
11-15-2008, 08:27 AM
As far as I can find out, Cuero has never beaten Sealy in the playoffs, but like someone said, that was back in the day. If Sealy cuts down on the penalties/turnovers and their receivers hang on to the ball, they have a chance. Cuero runs up big numbers in the regular season every year, but some years they don't have much quality competition so it's hard to tell how good they really are. Nobody runs inside on Sealy's defense, but they are vulnerable to draw plays and if you can get to the outside quickly their LBs sometimes get tied up inside. Sealy's play selection was more wide open in the first half against Needville, but in the second they reverted to the same old Downey right, Downey right, repeat as needed. Krenek has been throwing the ball well but has been victimized by drops lately. Coach Mitchell and his staff know Cuero from their time in Sinton so I expect this to be a good game. If Cuero gets rolling early it could get ugly, though.

dachosenone
11-15-2008, 08:50 AM
They are kids (16-18) yrs old and you never know what's going through their mind. We get so caught up in the pre-game hype and forget its only a game.

I love it! On any given night the favorite can go down. Emotion is the key in HS Football.

GreenMachine
11-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Got to go with my Gobblers, with or without Jackson. Pargman and Johnson will get the job done if Jackson cannot go. :thumbsup:

headhunter
11-15-2008, 10:53 AM
I bet this thread has 200+ posts on it by Friday. Their will be way more hype on this board about this game then either team makes it out to be. Both teams know whats at stake, both want to win to keep their title hope alive. Neither team cares about the history or what has happened earlier in the year.

Both teams know that they will see each others best effort, It comes down to execution. Every week you have to keep playing at a higher level, and the deeper you go into the playoffs the more the "little things" matter. Special Teams, Field position, clock management, turnovers, penalties, and gameplanning are all essentials to winning in the playoffs. The team that does these the best wins the game.

Cuero should win this one, they have overall more team speed and more weapons on offense. The defense will have to play lights out. I will go with Cuero by a couple of TD's.

JT44
11-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle
As far as I can find out, Cuero has never beaten Sealy in the playoffs, but like someone said, that was back in the day. If Sealy cuts down on the penalties/turnovers and their receivers hang on to the ball, they have a chance. Cuero runs up big numbers in the regular season every year, but some years they don't have much quality competition so it's hard to tell how good they really are. Nobody runs inside on Sealy's defense, but they are vulnerable to draw plays and if you can get to the outside quickly their LBs sometimes get tied up inside. Sealy's play selection was more wide open in the first half against Needville, but in the second they reverted to the same old Downey right, Downey right, repeat as needed. Krenek has been throwing the ball well but has been victimized by drops lately. Coach Mitchell and his staff know Cuero from their time in Sinton so I expect this to be a good game. If Cuero gets rolling early it could get ugly, though.

Sealy knocked Cuero out of the playoffs a few time in the late 90's, but I think the Coach Reeve era gobblers are 4-1 or 5-0? against them. As far as Cuero's big numbers goes, that's every year. And most years we advance thru the playoffs. I didn't know that sealy's coach used to be at Sinton. So I guess he'll remember the thumping he got in the playoffs at the dome and at victoria memorial w/ the pirates.
If Sealy has speed to hang w/cuero, the game will be close, but I think Cuero's power running can still control and win the game.

Anyway, it's gonna be a good game, hope it lives up to the hype that will come this week

Footballhudini
11-15-2008, 12:28 PM
idk what the big deal about this game is
cuero should have 2nd stringers starting the 3rd quarter with a comfortable 5 TD lead

thepicker
11-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Seriously guys, what competition has cuero had all year? Got tested once by LaVernia and well that = only loss. Sealy on the other hand comes out of the most competitive district in class 3A. Hands down. With all three of there teams winning by 21 or more in the first week. Cuero wont be able to contain Downey, and that QB they have has the potential toss a TD at any time. He only has 3 interceptions all year. As for the defensive battle, if cuero's strength is to run, ha ha, good luck. The tigers have a stone cold running defense and their secondary came up with 2 picks last week along with shutting down the outside. They have been tested much more than the Gobblers, and as far as I'm concerned, this test isnt the hardest theve seen. For the results, I see sealy winning this one 35-21.

JT44
11-15-2008, 12:36 PM
look at cuero's predistrict schedule, and their district has been called "weak" since well, FOREVER.

the loss against LV can be chalked up to the hard game they played the week before against BC and then having a let down b/c they were back to playing another 3A team. The same thing happened to them in '06 against LV after playing LH tough.

Bay city's run defense was pretty stout, and Cuero came out with the win.

headhunter
11-15-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by thepicker
Seriously guys, what competition has cuero had all year? Got tested once by LaVernia and well that = only loss. Sealy on the other hand comes out of the most competitive district in class 3A. Hands down. With all three of there teams winning by 21 or more in the first week. Cuero wont be able to contain Downey, and that QB they have has the potential toss a TD at any time. He only has 3 interceptions all year. As for the defensive battle, if cuero's strength is to run, ha ha, good luck. The tigers have a stone cold running defense and their secondary came up with 2 picks last week along with shutting down the outside. They have been tested much more than the Gobblers, and as far as I'm concerned, this test isnt the hardest theve seen. For the results, I see sealy winning this one 35-21.

You are only partially correct, Cuero had a very tough pre-district schedule. They don't have a choice who they play in district so yes they ran over teams. I will agree with you because at the beginning of the year I thought Sealy and Cuero would be the favorites out of Region IV. I am not concerned with which Sealy team will show up, we all know Sealy will bring their A game, get real everyone plays their best against Cuero. You are correct in that Sealy has had close and tough games down the stretch. And yes they have good athletes, I do think this will be a good game. Momentum will be a huge factor. Neither team is intimidated, both think they can win, it will come down to pure execution.

I will say that Reeves will need to put a good game-plan together and do not get conservative. Got to play to win instead of playing not to lose. Cuero has more talent and more team speed, but that doesn't win you games and everyone knows that, its the playoffs, the little things is what makes the difference. The one advantage that Sealy has on Cuero is they have had to play 4 quarters. Cuero's conditioning may be their only question mark.

GreenMachine
11-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Seriously guys, what competition has cuero had all year? Got tested once by LaVernia and well that = only loss. Sealy on the other hand comes out of the most competitive district in class 3A. Hands down. With all three of there teams winning by 21 or more in the first week. Cuero wont be able to contain Downey, and that QB they have has the potential toss a TD at any time. He only has 3 interceptions all year. As for the defensive battle, if cuero's strength is to run, ha ha, good luck. The tigers have a stone cold running defense and their secondary came up with 2 picks last week along with shutting down the outside. They have been tested much more than the Gobblers, and as far as I'm concerned, this test isnt the hardest theve seen. For the results, I see sealy winning this one 35-21. You have lost your mind :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1: Not a chance that Sealy wins by 2 td's

Necks_Fan
11-15-2008, 02:49 PM
I'll be there.

I have a feeling there will be quite a few WC people at this one.

Not a bad drive, and I'm anxious to see the Gobblers this season.

Is Jackson going to play? Man, I hope so, after all the thingsa I have read about him.

Would be a show of RB's....... Downey and Krenek vs Jackson and Arndt. :) :cool:

KingRob
11-15-2008, 02:51 PM
This should be a great game, and the place will be rocking. Cuero will pull away in the 4th qtr.

Survey says:

Cuero - 34
Sealy - 24

LET'S GO CUERO!!!
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

t-bird
11-15-2008, 03:14 PM
GO SEALY!!!

GreenMachine
11-15-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I'll be there.

Is Jackson going to play? Man, I hope so, after all the thingsa I have read about him.

Would be a show of RB's....... Downey and Krenek vs Jackson and Arndt. :) :cool: This was the first Cuero game I have seen this year and I will tell you that Jackson is the "real deal". Of course he only ran about 1 1/2 quarters, but he was IMPRESSIVE. He has plenty of speed and runs with a low center of gravity. He also shakes off tacklers with ease. The stat guy for the Cuero radio broadcast team said that he only had one carry that resulted in negative yardage. This is all amazing for a freshman.

JT44
11-15-2008, 03:33 PM
I'll be there.

Would be a show of RB's....... Downey and Krenek vs Jackson and Arndt. :) :cool:

Don't worry, if Jackson doesn't play, theres is still a stable of 4 guys that will divide up the carries.
Won't be as explosive as Jackson, but have some breakaway capability
2 RB variety and 2 FB's that get a few touches each game.

Necks_Fan
11-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by JT44
Don't worry, if Jackson doesn't play, theres is still a stable of 4 guys that will divide up the carries.
Won't be as explosive as Jackson, but have some breakaway capability
2 RB variety and 2 FB's that get a few touches each game. I still want to see Jackson.

Any word on what happened? Or why he possibly wouldn't play?

I just saw where one guy said Jackson may not play. :confused:

44INAROW
11-15-2008, 04:43 PM

08/29....vs. Beeville (46-14) W still in the 4A playoffs
09/05....@ Rio Hondo (42-7) W beat Ingleside last night
09/12....@ Devine - CXLD IKE
09/19....Bay City (26-21) W 4A
09/26....@ La Vernia (6-21) L ouch -

thing is - how did Sealy do when THEY were tested? You don't know much about Cuero do you? I won't make any other comments and never make predictions on Cuero - enjoy the game Picker.........

Sealy Tigers
08/29....vs. Houston 2nd Baptist (34-21) W
09/05....vs. Hempstead (43-8) W
09/12....Rice Consolidated - CXLD IKE this would have been a test
09/19....@ Brookshire Royal (22-7) W
09/26....@ Houston St. Pius (7-14) L
10/03....@ Navasota (0-35) L
10/10....@ Giddings* (21-27) L
10/17....Columbus* (39-7) W
10/24....@ Smithville* (17-7) W
10/31....@ Bellville* (22-21) W
11/07....La Grange* (22-25) L are they even in the playoffs?

scotty
11-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Sealy is getting better, but they are still a far cry from what they were in the 1990's. I appears as though Cuero continues to be much like they have been in the past. Sealy will have to be at its very best to win and will no doubt go in as a big underdog. However, bigger upsets have happened.

TigerFan51
11-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Sounds like a "no miss" game and just down the road. I hope to make this game. 44inarow, could you save me a seat please? I'll definitely be on the Cuero side cheering you guys on!

Obviously I'm NOT a Sealy Tiger!!!!:D

Mean Green Fan
11-15-2008, 05:16 PM
This from a La Vernia Fan from another site who watched Cuero play........

Cuero played a great game. Steven Dorman threw for 300 yards and 3 td's with a 25mph wind and under pressure all night. Incredible for a soph. Trent Jackson was great all night. Freshman running back is good! But I think I would be good running behind that offensive line. Why did the Cuero coach leave his starters in the whole game except for the very end of the game. The game was clearly out of reach and he still had his #1's in the game not to smart to do in the play offs is get somebody hurt. Go Bears! Beat Goliad! See yall at the game tonight! We will be in Peanut Land tonight. Goliad has a good reciever in Franklin. So a challenge for the Bears! Yes we now take each opponent serious! We have learned our lesson!

44INAROW
11-15-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by TigerFan51
Sounds like a "no miss" game and just down the road. I hope to make this game. 44inarow, could you save me a seat please? I'll definitely be on the Cuero side cheering you guys on!

Obviously I'm NOT a Sealy Tiger!!!!:D

sure I will - I'll be in green - you can't miss me ;)

JT44
11-15-2008, 05:32 PM
I still want to see Jackson.

Any word on what happened? Or why he possibly wouldn't play?

I just saw where one guy said Jackson may not play. :confused:

To me, seeing the play, it looked like an upper thigh bruise, or he got hit in his stuff.
But when they laid him on the ground we kind of figured it was a leg/groin area.
He was walking the sidelines the second half, he probably won't play.

too young of a kid to risk further injury

44INAROW
11-15-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Mean Green Fan
This from a La Vernia Fan from another site who watched Cuero play........

Why did the Cuero coach leave his starters in the whole game except for the very end of the game.

hhmm did he see what happened the last 6 mins of the game.. hello 22 points - It's the playoffs - do what you gotta do to win - am I wrong for saying that?

JT44
11-15-2008, 05:42 PM
maybe trying to get conditioned, starters have been playing 2 1/2 quarters for the last 4 weeks.

HM33
11-15-2008, 06:09 PM
To me, seeing the play, it looked like an upper thigh bruise, or he got hit in his stuff.
But when they laid him on the ground we kind of figured it was a leg/groin area.
He was walking the sidelines the second half, he probably won't play.

too young of a kid to risk further injury

Pulled Groin. Was standing there when he told some of his friends in the stands in the 4th.

TigerFan51
11-15-2008, 09:59 PM
sure I will - I'll be in green - you can't miss me ;)

LOL...yeah, you and all the other million Cuero fans! I remember the sea of green the times we played you guys:D

Gobbla2001
11-15-2008, 11:31 PM
Sealy won in 88... first meeting, think it was 9-7, 9-8?

they also won the following 5

playoffs in 95 - 17-14
playoffs 96 - 35-0
playoffs 97 - 31-0
reg season 98 - 10-3
reg season 99, ranked 1 and 2 - 26-0

finally, my senior year in OT cuero won 22-21

Sealy won again in '01 and '02, but cuero took '03, '04 and '05 (DQ big game of the week)

maroogreen
11-15-2008, 11:58 PM
Mr. CH,

I am LOVING your Texas Tech monikier. As a Red Raider, it is good to see others feeling the love... :inlove: :inlove:

Gobbla2001
11-16-2008, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

reg season 99, ranked 1 and 2 - 26-0

don't wanna sell us short... 26-3

STAggie
11-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Boy, oh boy, this is the game I have been wanting to see. Cuero is big time this year and Sealy is trying to show they can be but the inconsistency has killed us. This will be a hell of a battle with both teams fighting like there is no tomorrow. I honestly think if Sealy can keep it close they will pull it out. I really hope Jackson plays because I have been wanting to see the wonder kid all year.

Sealy 24
Cuero 21

Mean Green Fan
11-16-2008, 09:33 AM
Jerry's has Cuero a 19 point favorite.

Gobbla2001
11-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Mean Green Fan
Jerry's has Cuero a 19 point favorite.

man, I think that's too much right now...

JT44
11-16-2008, 09:57 AM
It's gonna be hard to put up more than 4-5 td's this week, Jackson's good for at least 2 breakaway td's a game.

14 points either way is more like the spread to me

Gobbla2001
11-16-2008, 10:05 AM
It's gonna be hard to put up more than 4-5 td's this week, Jackson's good for at least 2 breakaway td's a game.

14 points either way is more like the spread to me

yah, but for all we know Pargman was on his way to a steller season as well with 90 yards in the first half of the first game, then he was injured... but now he's back...

so it's for sure, Jackson is out?

JT44
11-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Pargman was impressive against Beeville, and on Friday, these are some big games to come back to
from what was said on here and other places he's out- but definitely don't take my word for it, I have no sources this year

Gobbla2001
11-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Also, though I agree RR is a nice place to watch a game, I just can't put up with that traffic... had an easier time getting out of Reliant last weekend...

44INAROW
11-16-2008, 10:49 AM
sooo is this match good enough for Rg IV game of the week? the La Vernia/Bellville matchup is going to be a good one too:p

sinton66
11-16-2008, 10:50 AM
As much as I want Mitchell to succeed at Sealy, I think Cuero is too much for them at this point. Cuero by at least two td's.

martwayne
11-16-2008, 11:03 AM
CUERO IS 0-3 AGAINST SEALY IN THE PLAOFFS LIFETIME SO I'M GOING WITH SEALY IN AN UPSET

SEALY 20
CUERO 19

Gators17
11-16-2008, 11:27 AM
The tigers have a stone cold running defense

Haha, do we need to post Garrette Nunn's stats from the Bellville - Sealy game? Sealy's run defense is NOT stone cold. Cuero by 21.

Gators17
11-16-2008, 11:36 AM
sooo is this match good enough for Rg IV game of the week? the La Vernia/Bellville matchup is going to be a good one too:p

Atleast we all hope it will be, now that Nunn is done for the year, Bellville likely will be too.

STAggie
11-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Gators17
Haha, do we need to post Garrette Nunn's stats from the Bellville - Sealy game? Sealy's run defense is NOT stone cold. Cuero by 21.

Have you seen other teams numbers? Nunn is something special and we still won allowing him that many yards. This game will not be a blowout. Mitchell will have Sealy well prepared for anything Cuero throws at them.

Gobbla2001
11-16-2008, 12:05 PM
wow that's awesome... the running game tends to be the big topic... we're a passing team... just can't pass when some pesky fish is taking it to the house every snap....

STAggie
11-16-2008, 12:06 PM
wow that's awesome... the running game tends to be the big topic... we're a passing team... just can't pass when some pesky fish is taking it to the house every snap....

Don't worry our pass D is just fine.

Gobbla2001
11-16-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
Don't worry our pass D is just fine.

good... should be a good game then...

Necks_Fan
11-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Don't worry our pass D is just fine. When you don't have to stack the box. ;)

Look at the Navasota game.

Sealy stacked the box trying to stop Pratt, which they did..... but got BURNED by Stokes, Lamascus, and Jackson ALL NIGHT.

Same will happen here, trying to stop the run, you get burned.

OR try to stop the pass, and get ate up on the ground all night.

Either way, Cuero has PLENTY of O, and enough speed on D to contain Downey, unlike Needville.

I'll take Cuero 35-17.

JT44
11-16-2008, 12:23 PM
When you don't have to stack the box. ;)

Look at the Navasota game.

Sealy stacked the box trying to stop Pratt, which they did..... but got BURNED by Stokes, Lamascus, and Jackson ALL NIGHT.

Same will happen here, trying to stop the run, you get burned.

OR try to stop the pass, and get ate up on the ground all night.

Either way, Cuero has PLENTY of O, and enough speed on D to contain Downey, unlike Needville.

I'll take Cuero 35-17.

and unlike years past, the ball is getting around to multiple receivers every game.

HM33
11-16-2008, 12:46 PM
ATTENTION!!!!!!!

Jackson is OFFICIALLY OUT!!!!! I have a source and was told to post it on here so that everyone would stop asking :)

Necks_Fan
11-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by HM33
ATTENTION!!!!!!!

Jackson is OFFICIALLY OUT!!!!! I have a source and was told to post it on here so that everyone would stop asking :) Man..... that's gay.

I'm making the trip.... partly because I'm REALLY interested in seeing Jackson.

I will probably still come, but that's a bummer.

HM33
11-16-2008, 01:11 PM
Yeah it sucks, but they need to sit him out. No need to further hurt him. He is only a Fish so he does have 3 more years!!!

gobbler grad
11-16-2008, 02:57 PM
well then, Pargmann ought to have a hell of a game now...:thinking: nobody knows much about him since he was hurt for most of the season, but he's back and can take them into the next round...:clap: :clap: :clap:

R4Editor
11-16-2008, 03:00 PM
sooo is this match good enough for Rg IV game of the week? the La Vernia/Bellville matchup is going to be a good one too:p it is with about 3 other games so I went with the "comeback kids"

Boomer
11-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Cole will be fine! Cuero's line will do a great job blocking. It won't be a blow out though, I hope I'm wrong. Everyone who has ran the ball for Cuero has ran good, Cuero has a good O-line.

Go Mean Green

gobbler grad
11-16-2008, 04:26 PM
No blow out here...will be very good game...:thinking:

advantage Gobblers...:clap:

IHStangFan
11-16-2008, 06:59 PM
I will most likely be attending this game.

After watching the Sealy/Needville game last week. Sealy is nothing special. They have speed, and that's about it. Unfortunately for Needville that's all they needed to win that game. I suspect that a team w/ similar speed could render them somewhat one dimensional....and I believe that's what Cuero will be able to do. Against Needville they ran the ball to the outside and usually made the corner due to Needville's lack of speed. When Needville adjusted somewhat...they would just send a WR down the field and lob one up and have him outrun the Needville defender to the ball....and that was pretty much their offense in a nutshell.....neither of which will work against a Cuero team that WILL have the speed to match up.

Cuero 41
Sealy 21

greenpride
11-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Cuero should win handily! Too much speed and size where it counts.

Cuero 42
Sealy 16

sinfan75
11-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Cuero takes this one by 21. I'd say why but I'll get torn up by some Sinton folk.:D

STAggie
11-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I will most likely be attending this game.

After watching the Sealy/Needville game last week. Sealy is nothing special. They have speed, and that's about it. Unfortunately for Needville that's all they needed to win that game. I suspect that a team w/ similar speed could render them somewhat one dimensional....and I believe that's what Cuero will be able to do. Against Needville they ran the ball to the outside and usually made the corner due to Needville's lack of speed. When Needville adjusted somewhat...they would just send a WR down the field and lob one up and have him outrun the Needville defender to the ball....and that was pretty much their offense in a nutshell.....neither of which will work against a Cuero team that WILL have the speed to match up.

Cuero 41
Sealy 21

Did you stop to think, that is because it is all we need to do to win, and not because that is all we have. Trust me, this will be no blowout. The boys will show up and show you something "special". This reminds me of the talk up to the Bellville game, no respect and no one really giving us a chance. As far as the Navasota game, it has been stated many times, we are a different team since that game, wait and see. I can not wait for this game, as I believe it determines the RIV champion. This one is going to be a dog fight. I am really disappointed about not seeing Jackson but I am happy for the senior as I hear he is no push over either. We haven't seen the potential of either of these two teams yet and I believe Friday it will all be left on the field.

44INAROW
11-16-2008, 08:25 PM
I am really disappointed about not seeing Jackson but I am happy for the senior as I hear he is no push over either. We haven't seen the potential of either of these two teams yet and I believe Friday it will all be left on the field.

which senior are you talking about?

Originally posted by R4Editor
it is with about 3 other games so I went with the "comeback kids"
I didn't realize both teams had made such major turnarounds..... I have to agree with the decision ;)

STAggie
11-16-2008, 08:28 PM
which senior are you talking about?

I thought your other back was a senior but has been hurt most of the year. At leat that is what I have been hearing, hell I may have dreamed it, but I don't think so.

gobbler grad
11-16-2008, 08:29 PM
I know of a junior that can handle his own...:thinking:

Old Green
11-16-2008, 08:30 PM
I thought your other back was a senior but has been hurt most of the year. At leat that is what I have been hearing, hell I may have dreamed it, but I don't think so. RB that will start is a Junior. He started the season as the starting RB until he broke his foot.

STAggie
11-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
RB that will start is a Junior. He started the season as the srting RB until he broke his foot.

Thank you, I don't know why I thought he was a senior. I also was told that he runs the anchor on your sprint relay team, is that also a lie?

44INAROW
11-16-2008, 08:32 PM
I thought your other back was a senior but has been hurt most of the year. At leat that is what I have been hearing, hell I may have dreamed it, but I don't think so.

Oh - I bet you're thinking bout #22 Cole Pargmann - he got hurt in the 1st game, when we played Beeville. He is a Junior. Thank goodness he's able to play now. Looking forward to a good game Friday night. :)

gobbler grad
11-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Thank you, I don't know why I thought he was a senior. I also was told that he runs the anchor on your sprint relay team, is that also a lie?

not sure if he does, but he can and may...:thinking: just have to see...

44INAROW
11-16-2008, 08:34 PM
I can't speak for the 2009 Sprint Relay team, but he didn't run it on the 2008 team. We did lose Stefon to graduation so that spot is open so who knows....... He's (Cole) a hard runner I know that. I recall him running the 200 maybe? old Green - am I right?

Old Green
11-16-2008, 08:36 PM
I can't speak for the 2009 Sprint Relay team, but he didn't run it on the 2008 team. We did lose Stefon to graduation so that spot is open so who knows....... He's (Cole) a hard runner I know that. I recall him running the 200 maybe? old Green - am I right? Cole ran the 100 and 200 meters.

Old Green
11-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Thank you, I don't know why I thought he was a senior. I also was told that he runs the anchor on your sprint relay team, is that also a lie? Glover, Brent Johnson, and Monte Green were on the State Champion 400 and 800 meter relay teams.

crabman
11-16-2008, 08:39 PM
He is very fast but he probably will not run anchor. Last years anchor, Stephon Hargrove, was a senior and is now running for Texas State.

Cole Pargmann is a sprinter and is in the low 11's high 10's in the 100 meters. The other members of our sprint relay and 800 relay are on the team, however. Well almost. Brent Johnson is a senior running back that gets some carries. Isaiah Glover is a senior wide receiver that will get 5-7 catches a game. Monte Avery-Green was a defensive back (sophomore) but he broke both bones in his lower leg this week. The dude walked off the field on his own with a broken leg. That's stones.

As for Pargmann, he would just as soon run over you as run past you but he can do both.

Tyler Arndt's passing has been very, very limited in the last 6 games. Every couple of plays we were scoring on running plays. It kind of sucks. We have one of the best quarterbacks in 3A football and we cannot use him and he is getting rusty. Look for him to warm up in the first quarter and roll through the game.

44INAROW
11-16-2008, 08:39 PM
Cole ran the 100 and 200 meters.
so it would make sense to run the sprint and 800 meter relay...... guess we'll just have to see what Coach M has up his sleeve :p

IS IT FRIDAY NIGHT YET??? It's going to be a long week :cool:

Boomer
11-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Just forget all the talk about a blowout! Sealy will come to play with a chip on their shoulder looking for some respect. Gobblers, just come out and play like theirs no tomorrow. Don't take any team lightly!

GO GET'EM GOBBLERS!!

SHSBulldog00
11-16-2008, 09:20 PM
Who is going to be the Home Team?

crabman
11-16-2008, 09:23 PM
As near as I can tell the only advantage to being the home team is that your band gets to play the National Anthem.

gobbler grad
11-16-2008, 09:29 PM
we will fill whatever side we get...:thinking:

44INAROW
11-16-2008, 09:37 PM
this should be a highly attended game. I think quite a few Houston area folks will make the short drive to El Campo to see both teams. SHould be a great atmosphere :cool:

pirate4state
11-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by crabman
As near as I can tell the only advantage to being the home team is that your band gets to play the National Anthem. and more seating for all your fans

crabman
11-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Don't forget about the Victoria people too now that Memorial is out of the playoffs.

44INAROW
11-16-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Don't forget about the Victoria people too now that Memorial is out of the playoffs.
that's true.... hope the weather is good.....

GO MEAN GREEN

GreenMachine
11-16-2008, 09:57 PM
this should be a highly attended game. I think quite a few Houston area folks will make the short drive to El Campo to see both teams. SHould be a great atmosphere :cool: ... and some folks from Aggieland will be in attendance :thumbsup:

gobbler grad
11-16-2008, 10:02 PM
that's true.... hope the weather is good.....

GO MEAN GREEN

there is a slight chance of rain on Friday and thru the weekend...let's hope it holds off...

OldBison75
11-16-2008, 10:17 PM
In reference to the Navasota game vs Sealy, don't make any judgements on Sealy's team based on that game. Sealy was playing a game without their star and after a week of heavy emotional strain over the internal issues on the team. They were not at all focused and it showed on the field with alot of missed assignments and plays where they just plain lost concentration.

Sealy is a completely different team now, much better focused and not making the untimely errors. They have good speed and are verry scrappy. I do believe that Cuero would win on overall speed across the board, but who cares unless someone breakes away.

The difference in this game will come down to mistakes. Sealy cannot afford even one turnover and must not give up the BIG play. Cuero must force Sealy to play alot of 2nd and third and long.

I think the tradition of both programs and the history of the matchup will make this a battle of the titans type game. True in your face football. I think Cuero will win, but it will be very close. Perhaps a last minute field goal.

44INAROW
11-16-2008, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
... and some folks from Aggieland will be in attendance :thumbsup:

cool beans ;)

headhunter
11-16-2008, 11:23 PM
I hope it doesn't come down to a field goal, that is Cuero's weakest part of their game. Reeves has had bad luck with kickers in the playoffs, he has lost many of games due to not executing on field goals or not being able to rely on his kicker.

You are right about the turnovers and that is why the Gobblers defense will have to step up and play their best game yet, they MUST put Sealy into 3rd and longs and create turnovers, the Gobblers must control the momentum and play with a high level of intensity, if they let Sealy hang around late and Sealy catches a break then it could turn into a bad night.

I think Cuero will play their best game, I think they will use ALL their weapons and Arndt will get a lot of opportunities to throw the ball DOWN THE FIELD. I look for all the receivers to touch the ball and I expect Reeves to open up the playbook this week. We should see an explosive offense, no doubt Sealy will stop them a few times, but Cuero will score more times then not.

Buffgal
11-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Sealy-good defense, quick to the ball, QB is scrambler and can get off accurate passes even when under pressure, and then you add Downey. If he ever gets 1/2 step on you, it's "See ya" @ the goal line. Sealy has overcome their early season distractions and they are hitting on all cylinders.

I believe in the speed so I'm going with D25 and Sealy.

Sealy 28
Cuero 14

Necks_Fan
11-16-2008, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Buffgal
I believe in the speed so I'm going with D25 and Sealy.

Sealy 28
Cuero 14 Pass that pipe my way next. :crazy1: :wave: :smoker:

thepicker
11-17-2008, 01:02 AM
See thats the thing, you hear about the great runners cuero is going to bring. Sealy is stacked in the backfield themselves. Downey has the ability to break one even when there is no hole. His backups in Cooper, who is a straight nose hard runner, and king, who also shows his speed at the reciever position, all make up for an outstanding backfield. As for the recieving core, when you have one reciever at 6'5(miller) and another at 6'3(king) both with athletic abilities, especially king. I expect sealy to come out of the gates firing in the passing department. And when the balls not in the air, it is just as dangerous in the arms of downey. Now with Jackson out for cuero, I believe sealy has taken the advantage in this one. May still be viewed upon as an underdog, but they play better when the cards are not in their favor. I see sealy taking this on 28-14. I see all but bellville representing D 25 next week. The only reason that i dont see bellville moving on is because of the loss of nunn, otherwise they are favorites in that one too.

STAggie
11-17-2008, 08:20 AM
I don't think this one gets ugly either way. This is going to be a hard hitting, in your face, old school football game between to schools rich in tradition. The crowd should be great and I am ready for a good game. I believe whoever gets the first turnover may be the team that comes out on top in the end. Both coaches will have their team ready and well prepared and I expect to see a lot of different play calls from both sides. Friday can not come fast enough.

Old Green
11-17-2008, 10:17 AM
I don't think this one gets ugly either way. This is going to be a hard hitting, in your face, old school football game between to schools rich in tradition. The crowd should be great and I am ready for a good game. I believe whoever gets the first turnover may be the team that comes out on top in the end. Both coaches will have their team ready and well prepared and I expect to see a lot of different play calls from both sides. Friday can not come fast enough. :iagree: :2thumbsup

rojosgirl
11-17-2008, 12:16 PM
FYI -- Former Gobbler Wade Birchum is now on the Sealy staff.

44INAROW
11-17-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by rojosgirl
FYI -- Former Gobbler Wade Birchum is now on the Sealy staff.

wonder if he'll wear his green socks :D

rojosgirl
11-17-2008, 01:47 PM
I bet they're long gone by now!;)

IHStangFan
11-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Did you stop to think, that is because it is all we need to do to win, and not because that is all we have. Trust me, this will be no blowout. The boys will show up and show you something "special". This reminds me of the talk up to the Bellville game, no respect and no one really giving us a chance. As far as the Navasota game, it has been stated many times, we are a different team since that game, wait and see. I can not wait for this game, as I believe it determines the RIV champion. This one is going to be a dog fight. I am really disappointed about not seeing Jackson but I am happy for the senior as I hear he is no push over either. We haven't seen the potential of either of these two teams yet and I believe Friday it will all be left on the field. Just stating my opinion based on what I saw. Sealy will have no speed advantage over Cuero like they did over Needville.

pirate4state
11-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Just stating my opinion based on what I saw. Sealy will have no speed advantage over Cuero like they did over Needville. I agree

STAggie
11-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Just stating my opinion based on what I saw. Sealy will have no speed advantage over Cuero like they did over Needville.

I don't think anyone believes they will. Who cares what happened with Needville. Sealy did what they had to do to get the win over Needville and now they move on. Sealy may not be faster than Cuero but I guarentee they are just as fast as them. This game is going to be won in the trenches and the team that is the most mentally ready. Execution will be key for both teams and limited mistakes will be the ultimate factor. I look forward to an atmosphere that can't be matched Friday night in El Campo. This game embodies 3a playoff football: history, passionate fan base, and two teams ready to knock each other out on the field.

pirate4state
11-17-2008, 04:06 PM
I don't think anyone believes they will. Who cares what happened with Needville. Sealy did what they had to do to get the win over Needville and now they move on. Sealy may not be faster than Cuero but I guarentee they are just as fast as them. This game is going to be won in the trenches and the team that is the most mentally ready. Execution will be key for both teams and limited mistakes will be the ultimate factor. I look forward to an atmosphere that can't be matched Friday night in El Campo. This game embodies 3a playoff football: history, passionate fan base, and two teams ready to knock each other out on the field. If your QB can keep his head I think Sealy can win. If he starts to panic & makes too many mistakes Sealy loses. You can't afford to give Cuero any breaks.

Mitchell knows all about Cuero and this is not a knock on the kids we've had in Sinton when Mitchell was here, but he has more speed to work with in Sealy so it will be very interesting. If there is one thing Mitchell knows...it's defense! GO TIGERS!

STAggie
11-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
If your QB can keep his head I think Sealy can win. If he starts to panic & makes too many mistakes Sealy loses. You can't afford to give Cuero any breaks.

Mitchell knows all about Cuero and this is not a knock on the kids we've had in Sinton when Mitchell was here, but he has more speed to work with in Sealy so it will be very interesting. If there is one thing Mitchell knows...it's defense! GO TIGERS!

Honsetly Krenek hasn't made many mistakes all year. He threw 3 picks with two of those coming against La Grange. He is the glue that holds are offense together. He has a hell of the arm, and usually throws rolling to his off hand (don't know why Mitchell does this). He plays his heart out and you can always catch him looking for a linebacker or DB to block on sweeps. I do agree with you though, if we have any mistakes it could be ball game.

Our D is going to get it done but will have to watch out for the draw and the single coverage long routes. I know Mitchell will have both of these remedied and have the boys pumped. Its time for Tiger Ball.

IHStangFan
11-17-2008, 05:19 PM
I don't think anyone believes they will. Who cares what happened with Needville. Sealy did what they had to do to get the win over Needville and now they move on. Sealy may not be faster than Cuero but I guarentee they are just as fast as them. This game is going to be won in the trenches and the team that is the most mentally ready. Execution will be key for both teams and limited mistakes will be the ultimate factor. I look forward to an atmosphere that can't be matched Friday night in El Campo. This game embodies 3a playoff football: history, passionate fan base, and two teams ready to knock each other out on the field. I care what happened w/ Needville because that is the game where I got to watch Sealy and compare them to a young, very average Needville team this year. Sealy won that game w/ size up front, and team speed......And at one point, the Needville D was getting pressure on your Sealy QB and hitting him and the RB in the backfield and I saw a Sealy team that for a moment, began to panic....but they were able to tire the Jays D and regained the momentum quickly.....If Needville's young, and much slower D can get that kind of pressure, I suspect Cuero's D will be all over him all night long. You are right, trench play will play a huge roll...and Sealy's lines were pretty good sized and quick when compared to Needville. All I'm saying is those advantages that Sealy had last week will be non existent against Cuero. The Tigers will have to play their best game all year to have a chance.....and that's just my opinion, don't take it personal. I expect to see a fast paced, hard hitting game.

STAggie
11-17-2008, 05:25 PM
I care what happened w/ Needville because that is the game where I got to watch Sealy and compare them to a young, very average Needville team this year. Sealy won that game w/ size up front, and team speed......And at one point, the Needville D was getting pressure on your Sealy QB and hitting him and the RB in the backfield and I saw a Sealy team that for a moment, began to panic....but they were able to tire the Jays D and regained the momentum quickly.....If Needville's young, and much slower D can get that kind of pressure, I suspect Cuero's D will be all over him all night long. You are right, trench play will play a huge roll...and Sealy's lines were pretty good sized and quick when compared to Needville. All I'm saying is those advantages that Sealy had last week will be non existent against Cuero. The Tigers will have to play their best game all year to have a chance.....and that's just my opinion, don't take it personal. I expect to see a fast paced, hard hitting game.

Not taking anything personal, but our line doesn't go that big. Actually they are kinda small up front except for one or two. The few times Needville got into the backfield, it was on a missed assignment by a few kids who haven't played much. Sealy's line has been impressive all year and if they could stand up to Bellville and even Navasota for the most part (didn't do bad considering Downey didn't play and he usually gets to the hole quicker than his backup), I believe they will be fine against Cuero. Watch out for Sutherland and Einkauf, those two have been playing bigger than their size all year and both will come up huge against Cuero. I am ready for some early Thanksgiving turkey. :D

IHStangFan
11-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Not taking anything personal, but our line doesn't go that big. Actually they are kinda small up front except for one or two. The few times Needville got into the backfield, it was on a missed assignment by a few kids who haven't played much. Sealy's line has been impressive all year and if they could stand up to Bellville and even Navasota for the most part (didn't do bad considering Downey didn't play and he usually gets to the hole quicker than his backup), I believe they will be fine against Cuero. Watch out for Sutherland and Einkauf, those two have been playing bigger than their size all year and both will come up huge against Cuero. I am ready for some early Thanksgiving turkey. :D It will definitely be a test for Sealy I believe. At the same time, I DO believe Sealy will be one of the faster teams Cuero has seen. I really hope to make this game.

STAggie
11-17-2008, 05:29 PM
It will definitely be a test for Sealy I believe. At the same time, I DO believe Sealy will be one of the faster teams Cuero has seen. I really hope to make this game.

If you sit on the Sealy side I will buy you a coke.:D

IHStangFan
11-17-2008, 05:31 PM
If you sit on the Sealy side I will buy you a coke.:D if you throw in some nachos..... LOL :D

STAggie
11-17-2008, 05:39 PM
if you throw in some nachos..... LOL :D

Will you be wearing your Cuero shirt?

IHStangFan
11-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Will you be wearing your Cuero shirt? Yeah, I'll have to sport the Gobblers shirt. I am going to try to meet up w/ the 44INAROW family before the game and thank them for the shirt.

STAggie
11-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I'll have to sport the Gobblers shirt. I am going to try to meet up w/ the 44INAROW family before the game and thank them for the shirt.

Then....no coke for you.:D

IHStangFan
11-17-2008, 05:50 PM
Then....no coke for you.:D LOL...ah well.....what can I say....the 3 shirts I have are: a Cuero Gobblers shirt, a Needville Blue Jays shirt (this shirt is all "ranched" up as I built fence in it and pretty much ruined it.) and a Madisonville Mustangs shirt. See ya'll at the game hopefully!!

Gobbla2001
11-17-2008, 06:03 PM
We've been beat by teams with lesser speed before... but we'll see what happens...

as far as Jackson being out, that sucks... the kid has really come on, rushing for over 1300 yards with only 5-6 starts... but we'll be fine... we have the regular back-ups plus pargman back... Pargman rushed for 90 yards the first half of the first game before breaking his foot, thought he'd be the best RB on the team honestly...

Here comes the passing game though... we gotta light it up... haven't had time to work on it as much but I think we'll get it going, just gotta make smart passes, don't want to start off early with a pick or a string of incompletions, not a good tone to have set... I know Mitchell is familiar with the passing game Cuero ran in '03 and '04, but Arndt is a different style-QB and we have two Jeremy Powells instead of one, and though JT44 is probably the best tight-end we've ever had and unfortuantly isn't playing his 6th high school season, we can still use that option to the TE...

Defensively I think we'll be fine... we just have to watch the pass, because I feel though we may not stop Sealy's running, we will make them pass in what would normally be a running situation, so maybe they'll try to catch us off-guard there... I know Sealy has a great running game and it will more than keep our hands full... we've done very well against great running teams this year... a great example would be Goliad's running game... they racked it up on everyone this year (including La Vernia this week), but Cuero held 'em to -35 net... yup, the '-' is suposed to be there...

Can't wait, this is going to be the ultimate playoff atmosphere... the past 16 seasons these two teams have combined for over 60 playoff wins... does it get any better than that?

TRENCHES06
11-17-2008, 06:07 PM
La Grange passed for 366 on Sealy, surely D1 prospect Ardnt can.

headhunter
11-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Jeremy Powell? or are you referring to Jeremy Ross (WR). If my memory serves me right Powell only showed up to actually play two games his senior yr. IF your referring to Ross, then your right, Cuero has about 5 receivers that are capable of making big time catches, Armstrong and Boothe as well as Glover, Johnson and probably the most impressive is Harryman. He and Boothe will make some unbelievable catches, they have saved Arndt multiple times this year. I hope the coaches work on check downs with Arndt this week in practice, He has not had many games where he has had a chance to really throw the football alot, I would like to see him go through his progressions and find the opne guy, last week he missed an easy one but you can't really fault him, we have not thrown the football very much. It's a lot easier to see it in the stands when their is no pressure. I would like to see Cuero use a no huddle and go with a sense of urgency, in the Bay City game they tended to move the ball better when they got in a 2 min offense and would get the defense on their heels and not allow them to regroup. I thought the Bay City game this year showed us how the offense is able to turn it on so quickly, I have a feeling this game will be similar. The worst thing is Cuero has not had a close game in more the 7 weeks, lets hope that won't be an issue.

JT44
11-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Gobbla 2001......
if you're hinking of JT rudd that's not me and do you mean Jeremy Ross?

JT44
11-17-2008, 07:41 PM
People think Cuero relied soley on Trent, he was just a plus this year. They have perfectly capable RB's and a WR core that is the best i've seen in cuero as a whole. There's no Tre Gray in the group, but the make their catches and run their routes. Against Bc they really came through, they have to play that way if Sealy is able to stop the run.

Gobbla2001
11-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Yah imeant both Ross and Rudd... My bad.. Forget what Rudd's usrname was on here and played with Powell...couldn't have been more off there ha...

44INAROW
11-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Yah imeant both Ross and Rudd... My bad.. Forget what Rudd's usrname was on here and played with Powell...couldn't have been more off there ha...

JT's screen name is Chubbed Up........ (not sure if he ever gets on anymore)

GreenMachine
11-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Not taking anything personal, but our line doesn't go that big. Actually they are kinda small up front except for one or two. The few times Needville got into the backfield, it was on a missed assignment by a few kids who haven't played much. Sealy's line has been impressive all year and if they could stand up to Bellville and even Navasota for the most part (didn't do bad considering Downey didn't play and he usually gets to the hole quicker than his backup), I believe they will be fine against Cuero. Watch out for Sutherland and Einkauf, those two have been playing bigger than their size all year and both will come up huge against Cuero. I am ready for some early Thanksgiving turkey. :D Just because they stood up to Bellville's and Navasota's lines, what gives you the impression that our line isn't better? We have some big boys that are athletic and I foresee your QB running for his life. The game should be close unless Arndt catches fire and his wide receivers catch the ball. There were a few easy catches dropped last week. I GUARANTEE you he has the best arm in 3A football.

gobbler grad
11-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Who is the home team? don't think I saw it posted...:thinking:

STAggie
11-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Just because they stood up to Bellville's and Navasota's lines, what gives you the impression that our line isn't better? We have some big boys that are athletic and I foresee your QB running for his life. The game should be close unless Arndt catches fire and his wide receivers catch the ball. There were a few easy catches dropped last week. I GUARANTEE you he has the best arm in 3A football.

Maybe because those are the two of the best d lines in the state. Instead of trying to be a ****, take the compliment of me comparing them with those two great teams. I promise you Krenek will not be running for his life, and the Tiger pass defense will be up to the challenge of Arndt "catching fire". As far as the best arm in the state I will throw Krenek into that arguement. Kid has thrown 45 yard passes on the role out to his off hand all year. Your wide outs better be ready for the big hit across the middle coming from either Jamison or Hamner if there is to much passing going on. This is giong to be a great game between great fan bases, I can not wait.

edited by sinton66

JT44
11-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Maybe because those are the two of the best d lines in the state. Instead of trying to be a ****, take the compliment of me comparing them with those two great teams. I promise you Krenek will not be running for his life, and the Tiger pass defense will be up to the challenge of Arndt "catching fire". As far as the best arm in the state I will throw Krenek into that arguement. Kid has thrown 45 yard passes on the role out to his off hand all year. Your wide outs better be ready for the big hit across the middle coming from either Jamison or Hamner if there is to much passing going on. This is giong to be a great game between great fan bases, I can not wait. edited by sinton66

:cool:

chill pill dude

duckhunter
11-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Maybe because those are the two of the best d lines in the state. Instead of trying to be a ****, take the compliment of me comparing them with those two great teams. I promise you Krenek will not be running for his life, and the Tiger pass defense will be up to the challenge of Arndt "catching fire". As far as the best arm in the state I will throw Krenek into that arguement. Kid has thrown 45 yard passes on the role out to his off hand all year. Your wide outs better be ready for the big hit across the middle coming from either Jamison or Hamner if there is to much passing going on. This is giong to be a great game between great fan bases, I can not wait. in NO WAY can you put sealy's qb in the same class as quero's or any other top qb in the state. sealys qb is average at best in regards to the passing game

bandera7
11-17-2008, 10:22 PM

This may have already been addressed, but when I saw this I had to say...you are crazy man. Hands down district two was more competitive. And then you have a ridiculous district 24, and behind that district 8.

bandera7
11-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Just because they stood up to Bellville's and Navasota's lines, what gives you the impression that our line isn't better? We have some big boys that are athletic and I foresee your QB running for his life. The game should be close unless Arndt catches fire and his wide receivers catch the ball. There were a few easy catches dropped last week. I GUARANTEE you he has the best arm in 3A football.

Eh. I dont know about that one. There are some solid QBs this year. Pachall takes every QB award from me this season.

CHSfan
11-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Jackson will sit out this week only...

headhunter
11-18-2008, 01:21 AM
Dear Mr. STAggie

I love your confidence and I always love a little trash talk, but be a little humble, don't go throwing every player from Sealy in the top players from the state. And don't tell me Sealy has the best D line and the best core of WR andRB and etc.... If that was so then they would be 10-0. We all know your team is talented and so is Cuero's. From your posts it seems that Sealy will not make ANY excuses if they lose this one, in your opinion they are hands down the better team. I just want you to make sure you don't have any excuses come Friday night when Cuero takes home the Area Championship Trophy.

IHStangFan
11-18-2008, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by duckhunter
in NO WAY can you put sealy's qb in the same class as quero's or any other top qb in the state. sealys qb is average at best in regards to the passing game I would have to agree....he's got a strong arm.....but that alone doesn't make a top notch QB.

STAggie
11-18-2008, 08:22 AM
in NO WAY can you put sealy's qb in the same class as quero's or any other top qb in the state. sealys qb is average at best in regards to the passing game

The post was never in regards to him being one of the best in the state, if you could read you would see it was the best arm. Trust me the kid can sling.

Originally posted by headhunter
Dear Mr. STAggie

I love your confidence and I always love a little trash talk, but be a little humble, don't go throwing every player from Sealy in the top players from the state. And don't tell me Sealy has the best D line and the best core of WR andRB and etc.... If that was so then they would be 10-0. We all know your team is talented and so is Cuero's. From your posts it seems that Sealy will not make ANY excuses if they lose this one, in your opinion they are hands down the better team. I just want you to make sure you don't have any excuses come Friday night when Cuero takes home the Area Championship Trophy.

Not once have I thrown any of our players around as best in state, other than on the strength of our QB's arm. Once again I wish people would learn how to read what is actually posted and not come up with their own interpretation. As far as talent I think both of these teams have amazing talent and it will be a great game, which if you read my posts I have said numerous times. As far as the best D line, I have said nothing about our D line or our RB or much about the WR core. I called out a few players who have been playing great all year but I don't see how that would be me calling them the best in the state. I do have nothing but confidence in this team and wish people would learn to see that, and not take it as trash talk. Up until this page, there was nothing but good talk about a good game on Friday, now it seems people just want to talk crap.

teetle
11-18-2008, 09:12 AM
Cuero has had they chances in the last 3 or 4 years and have managed to blow them. Just like theys gona blow the game this
Friday.:crazy1: :crazy1: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :vrycnfsd: :weeping:

44INAROW
11-18-2008, 09:26 AM
Cuero has had they chances in the last 3 or 4 years and have managed to blow them. Just like theys gona blow the game this
Friday.:crazy1: :crazy1: :taunt: :taunt: vrycnfsd: :weeping:

:ack!: you really don't wanna talk about the last 3 of 4 years in the playoffs do you?

thump thump thump......... ;)

teetle
11-18-2008, 10:24 AM
You better get ready because that is what y'all is going to be doing next week.:eek: :eek: :weeping: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :foul:

STAggie
11-18-2008, 10:28 AM
:ack!: you really don't wanna talk about the last 3 of 4 years in the playoffs do you?

thump thump thump......... ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....Great come back.:D

44INAROW
11-18-2008, 10:31 AM
You better get ready because that is what y'all is going to be doing next week.:eek: :eek: :weeping: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :foul:

we'll just have to wait and see what happens...... should be a good game ;)

HM33
11-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Can I play???? Just one quarter is all I ask.... :)

teetle
11-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Yeah, my feelings exactly:eek: :eek: :eek:

teetle
11-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Leach for King:weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :bigcry: :bigcry:

HM33
11-18-2008, 10:41 AM
I say only one quarter simply becuase that is all I would last :)...

STAggie
11-18-2008, 11:01 AM
I say only one quarter simply becuase that is all I would last :)...

Same here, on second thought I could only go one series.

gobblergrangran
11-18-2008, 11:05 AM
I have been reading all these post and have enjoyed them greatly. We have two teams that over this season have each earned the right to play each other. Both teams look great- should be a heck of a game. Gotta go with the Gobblers and I know they will be ready for everything that comes at them..Gobblers just got it. I believe!

GreenMachine
11-18-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by bandera7
Eh. I dont know about that one. There are some solid QBs this year. Pachall takes every QB award from me this season. Arndt is better. I will guarantee you that!!!

GreenMachine
11-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Maybe because those are the two of the best d lines in the state. Instead of trying to be a ****, take the compliment of me comparing them with those two great teams. I promise you Krenek will not be running for his life, and the Tiger pass defense will be up to the challenge of Arndt "catching fire". As far as the best arm in the state I will throw Krenek into that arguement. Kid has thrown 45 yard passes on the role out to his off hand all year. Your wide outs better be ready for the big hit across the middle coming from either Jamison or Hamner if there is to much passing going on. This is giong to be a great game between great fan bases, I can not wait.

edited by sinton66 Who says that they are the best lines??? You :rolleyes: Haven't seen Krenek play, but I'll put Arndt up against anybody. You should have seen his throws INTO that 40 mph wind last week. Throws a tighter spiral than anybody PERIOD! You will see this week. In my post I did not say the game would be a blowout blowout, in fact I said the game would be close, with Cuero winning of course.

scrub c
11-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Who is the home team in this one???

I'm gonna have to get to the stadium early so I dont miss the opening kick off and first play like I did last week in El Campo for the bellville/wharton game...:doh:

JT44
11-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Is the stadium going to fit everyone? never been there

HM33
11-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Is the stadium going to fit everyone? never been there

Ricebird Stadium seats 8000. Last week there really didn't seem to be alot of Cuero fans out. If I remember right, the attendance was around like 2400ish total

STAggie
11-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Ricebird Stadium seats 8000. Last week there really didn't seem to be alot of Cuero fans out. If I remember right, the attendance was around like 2400ish total

I have a feeling this one will be very heavily attended and may even pack the place. Should be a great atmosphere.

Gobbla2001
11-18-2008, 06:03 PM
it'll for sure be packed... 8,000 sounds about right... we played there my junior year.... beat sweeny in OT... nice field though...

Who wouldn't wanna come to this game? It's got everything in it...

I just hope Cuero wins... my two cousins went to school in Sealy during the mid 90s to 2000... Thanksgiving and Christmas were always weird for us... we didn't wanna look at 'em...

After we were knocked out of the playoffs in '99, I got a chance to go to three of Sealy's playoff games... Two of the ones in Victoria and the big one where Commerce finally got 'em... I really enjoyed the Sealy fans, the Back N' Black and the way those boys played football...

but Mills has been gone a looooong time, and that won't be Mickey Finley pacing the sidelines in green and white thinking about which side he'll run the option to next...

let's make it 1-3 Gobblers!!!

headhunter
11-18-2008, 06:19 PM
Does Sealy still have that guy who runs out in front of the teams at the beginning of the game. That guy was pretty fast for being old, I remember he used to scoot all the way down to the other goal-line. I always thought it was pretty cool!!

Gobbla2001
11-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Does Sealy still have that guy who runs out in front of the teams at the beginning of the game. That guy was pretty fast for being old, I remember he used to scoot all the way down to the other goal-line. I always thought it was pretty cool!!

damn I forget what his name was... I don't remember him being there last time Cuero and Sealy played (05)... maybe I missed it...

I believe he had all 4 rings...

scrub c
11-18-2008, 06:39 PM

YES, at least at the Sealy/Needville game (in rosenberg rd 1) I saw him bolt out of the tiger mouth and SPRINT ALL THE WAY TO THE ENDZONE!!! I was informed that was the guy that has been doing it for many years.

headhunter
11-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Yea that guy can scoot, think he used to carry a football when he ran, He must be a long time fan from Sealy or former player. I'm going to get their early just so I don't miss it.

duckhunter
11-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Dear Mr. STAggie

I love your confidence and I always love a little trash talk, but be a little humble, don't go throwing every player from Sealy in the top players from the state. And don't tell me Sealy has the best D line and the best core of WR andRB and etc.... If that was so then they would be 10-0. We all know your team is talented and so is Cuero's. From your posts it seems that Sealy will not make ANY excuses if they lose this one, in your opinion they are hands down the better team. I just want you to make sure you don't have any excuses come Friday night when Cuero takes home the Area Championship Trophy. if sealy does it up losing this game, you WILL hear every excuse known to man. so bascially be prepared to be drowning in a pool of sealy excuses

scotty
11-18-2008, 07:09 PM
The person who leads the Sealy Tigers out on the field before every game is Raymond. And it has gotten to be quite a legend. You see, Raymond is one of the mentally or physically challenged youngsters that T.J. Mills kind of took under his wings when he was coach and AD at Sealy. Raymond is mentally challenged. He can talk, but is very hard to understand. I wouldn’t predict what his IQ might be, but it isn’t very high. Mills always made sure such kids had a place in the stands after it became too risky for them to be on the sidelines. And for some reason Raymond stayed on. He led the Tigers out during their great run and latched on again when Coach Mitchell took over at Sealy. If you watch Raymond during the games, he will get out his little pad and pencil and jot something down and bring it to one of the coaches as though he has the answer to what is going wrong. Raymond believes he is part of the SHS coaching staff and football season is his special time to shine. You may not see Raymond all year, but on the first day of two-a-day practices he shows up and is at every practice. And you can look for him Friday night at El Campo.

duckhunter
11-18-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by scotty
The person who leads the Sealy Tigers out on the field before every game is Raymond. And it has gotten to be quite a legend. You see, Raymond is one of the mentally or physically challenged youngsters that T.J. Mills kind of took under his wings when he was coach and AD at Sealy. Raymond is mentally challenged. He can talk, but is very hard to understand. I wouldn’t predict what his IQ might be, but it isn’t very high. Mills always made sure such kids had a place in the stands after it became too risky for them to be on the sidelines. And for some reason Raymond stayed on. He led the Tigers out during their great run and latched on again when Coach Mitchell took over at Sealy. If you watch Raymond during the games, he will get out his little pad and pencil and jot something down and bring it to one of the coaches as though he has the answer to what is going wrong. Raymond believes he is part of the SHS coaching staff and football season is his special time to shine. You may not see Raymond all year, but on the first day of two-a-day practices he shows up and is at every practice. And you can look for him Friday night at El Campo. great story, and thats great for that young man. almost an austin county version of "radio" one might say

Boomer
11-18-2008, 07:15 PM
The person who leads the Sealy Tigers out on the field before every game is Raymond. And it has gotten to be quite a legend. You see, Raymond is one of the mentally or physically challenged youngsters that T.J. Mills kind of took under his wings when he was coach and AD at Sealy. Raymond is mentally challenged. He can talk, but is very hard to understand. I wouldn’t predict what his IQ might be, but it isn’t very high. Mills always made sure such kids had a place in the stands after it became too risky for them to be on the sidelines. And for some reason Raymond stayed on. He led the Tigers out during their great run and latched on again when Coach Mitchell took over at Sealy. If you watch Raymond during the games, he will get out his little pad and pencil and jot something down and bring it to one of the coaches as though he has the answer to what is going wrong. Raymond believes he is part of the SHS coaching staff and football season is his special time to shine. You may not see Raymond all year, but on the first day of two-a-day practices he shows up and is at every practice. And you can look for him Friday night at El Campo.

Not trying to be mean, but does he do anything after football season is over. Thats a good story!! I'm glad for him!

pirate4state
11-18-2008, 07:17 PM
if sealy does it up losing this game, you WILL hear every excuse known to man. so bascially be prepared to be drowning in a pool of sealy excuses

making excuses is not limited to one towns set of fans. EVERY school has a few fans that will make excuse after excuse as to why the lost or why they didn't beat someone by 30+ points. it is the nature of the beast!

Old Green
11-18-2008, 08:24 PM
The person who leads the Sealy Tigers out on the field before every game is Raymond. And it has gotten to be quite a legend. You see, Raymond is one of the mentally or physically challenged youngsters that T.J. Mills kind of took under his wings when he was coach and AD at Sealy. Raymond is mentally challenged. He can talk, but is very hard to understand. I wouldn’t predict what his IQ might be, but it isn’t very high. Mills always made sure such kids had a place in the stands after it became too risky for them to be on the sidelines. And for some reason Raymond stayed on. He led the Tigers out during their great run and latched on again when Coach Mitchell took over at Sealy. If you watch Raymond during the games, he will get out his little pad and pencil and jot something down and bring it to one of the coaches as though he has the answer to what is going wrong. Raymond believes he is part of the SHS coaching staff and football season is his special time to shine. You may not see Raymond all year, but on the first day of two-a-day practices he shows up and is at every practice. And you can look for him Friday night at El Campo. Good story Scotty about Raymond. i always wondered what his name was. You could tell when he lead the Tigers onto the field the pride and love he had for the Sealy Tigers.:clap:

GreenMachine
11-18-2008, 08:39 PM
great story, and thats great for that young man. almost an austin county version of "radio" one might say That is what I was thinking. "Radio" was a great, feel good movie. I watch it everytime it comes on. Once again, great story on the man from Sealy :)

SpursFan
11-18-2008, 09:28 PM

AWESOME Story!! I will be looking for him Friday Night!

HM33
11-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Oh hey, anyone know if we are home or away??? by roommate said the home side is quite a bit bigger than the visitor.

gobbler grad
11-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Oh hey, anyone know if we are home or away??? by roommate said the home side is quite a bit bigger than the visitor.

somebody knows ??????????????????????????????????

I ask the same question, HM...:thinking:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-18-2008, 09:46 PM

I would say the home side is 2 1/2 times bigger than the visitors side.

gobbler grad
11-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
I would say the home side is 2 1/2 times bigger than the visitors side.

then we will need that side...5000 plus wearing green and screaming loud...:eek:

headhunter
11-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Great story, Cuero used to have a kid do kind of the same thing, his name was Marty he was our water boy and was at every practice and every game, but since he has graduated he just sits in the stands now, that is cool that Raymond and still runs them out on the field and even cooler that coach Mitchel lets him still be a part of the team.

And about the excuses, if Sealy does beat Cuero I will have a few of my own.(if its because of coaching) I expect our kids to be prepared and I feel that they are the better team going in (just like most of the Sealy people feel about their team) If Sealy wins because we were outmatched then I'll give them all the credit in the world, but I expect Coach Reeve to have a great game-plan and I expect the players to execute. I would like to see Cuero play with intensity for 48 minutes. I have a feeling this is going to be a chess match, which team can catch the other off guard and get some big plays. Momentum will be huge and I hope Cuero plays with a high intensity level all night. I am very positive that Cuero will come out with the win the only question mark we have is that we have not been in a close game or a real physical battle since LaVernia and Bay City. In close games it's those little things that win the games (receivers have to hang on to the ball and know when to get down or get out of bounds, RB have to hit the holes and take whats their, kickoff teams play a big role in momentum shifts and field position, and big plays on defense can turn a game around) the team who does these things the best will win this game. You can throw the records out the window, and don't say the team who wants it more will win, both want to win. They just have to execute!!!

44INAROW
11-18-2008, 10:51 PM
according to "tomorrow's" Cuero Record, Gobblers are the visitors....... :eek: We were planning on grabbing a bite to eat before the game - looks like we might be eating at the game - gotta get to the game E A R L Y for a seat........

Gobbla2001
11-18-2008, 11:55 PM
44... y'all coming up 59 or going up through hallettsville/sublime/altair way?

If 59 just grab some beef jerkey or something from Prasek's in Hilje... that's all you really need...

Gobbla2001
11-18-2008, 11:58 PM
forgot about El Campo's visitors' side... it is a ways smaller than the home side... maybe 2/3 the size of the home side... I think they have a decent fence area... that's where I stay anyway :D

44INAROW
11-19-2008, 12:15 AM
44... y'all coming up 59 or going up through hallettsville/sublime/altair way?

If 59 just grab some beef jerkey or something from Prasek's in Hilje... that's all you really need...
yep that may be what we do....... hope they have some poppyseed kolaches left...... those things are killer :)

Gobbla2001
11-19-2008, 12:39 AM
Was reading the Sealy paper's write-up for the game... here's the driving directions from the bottom of that page:

Getting There:

Take Highway 36 south to FM 3013, right onto FM 102, left onto FM 1950, left onto TX-71, slight right onto Avenue C, right onto W. Norris St. The stadium is located at the high school, 600 W. Norris St. For an alternate route, take I-10 to Columbus, TX-71S to El Campo, at the first light (in El Campo) take a right, follow loop around to Norris St., take a left, stadium is about one mile on the left.

In the spirit of good sportsmanship, Gobbla2001 offers what he feels are better directions:

Go to Eagle Lake... Take a right at the stop... stop at the Buckees further down on the left because they have cool sliding-doors and nice bathrooms... Go to Altair, wish the Raiders good luck... at Altair take a left on Hwy 71, do not go mudding through cornfields... go about 30 miles... when you get into El Campo keep going until you see a "Ricebird Stadium" sign on your right, follow that sign... If stopped by an El Campo police officer, do not cuss around the officer or you will get arrested for DOC/Language and if you're a passenger with a buzz, add a PI (that's a $531.00 fine not including bail... don't ask me how I know)... If you want Jack n' the Box before and/or after the game, keep going straight until you get up to Hwy 59, there's one on the left inside of a gas station (drive-thru available most times)... and if you go there, hold your breath going by the cemetery on your left to show respect and/or to practice your superstitions

Be safe folks... and don't go getting drunk at Greek Brothers after the game...

Old Green
11-19-2008, 12:42 AM
Was reading the Sealy paper's write-up for the game... here's the driving directions from the bottom of that page:

Getting There:

Take Highway 36 south to FM 3013, right onto FM 102, left onto FM 1950, left onto TX-71, slight right onto Avenue C, right onto W. Norris St. The stadium is located at the high school, 600 W. Norris St. For an alternate route, take I-10 to Columbus, TX-71S to El Campo, at the first light (in El Campo) take a right, follow loop around to Norris St., take a left, stadium is about one mile on the left.

In the spirit of good sportsmanship, Gobbla2001 offers what he feels are better directions:

Go to Eagle Lake... Take a right at the stop... stop at the Buckees further down on the left because they have cool sliding-doors and nice bathrooms... Go to Altair, wish the Raiders good luck... at Altair take a left on Hwy 71, do not go mudding through cornfields... go about 30 miles... when you get into El Campo keep going until you see a "Ricebird Stadium" sign on your right, follow that sign... If stopped by an El Campo police officer, do not cuss around the officer or you will get arrested for DOC/Language and if you're a passenger with a buzz, add a PI (that's a $531.00 fine not including bail... don't ask me how I know)... If you want Jack n' the Box before and/or after the game, keep going straight until you get up to Hwy 59, there's one on the left inside of a gas station (drive-thru available most times)... and if you go there, hold your breath going by the cemetery on your left to show respect and/or to practice your superstitions

Be safe folks... and don't go getting drunk at Greek Brothers after the game... :fnypost:

48minutes
11-19-2008, 01:19 AM

Getting There:

Be safe folks... and don't go getting drunk at Greek Brothers after the game...

nice. lol

Talk_To_The_Paw
11-19-2008, 08:18 AM
according to "tomorrow's" Cuero Record, Gobblers are the visitors

44INAROW is correct, Cuero is the Visitor and Sealy is Home

STAggie
11-19-2008, 09:08 AM
if sealy does it up losing this game, you WILL hear every excuse known to man. so bascially be prepared to be drowning in a pool of sealy excuses

Just like the ones we got when Sealy beat Bellville right? Or when we beat Columbus? That is what happens when your team looses, you give reasons why you felt they lost. You don't have a dog in this fight so stay out. This is going to be a great game.

OldBison75
11-19-2008, 09:26 AM
Excuses from Sealy? I don't remember very many excuses from them when they lost to Navasota. Yeah, a few people said that Downey would have made a difference, but nobody said that they would have won with Downey. Even during that trying time, Sealy posters talked about the other talent on the team and there was little "excuse " making.

The excuses I have seen came from teams Sealy played, like Columbus and Bellville. Guys, Sealy has posted here on this thread that this will be a battle, no if's and's or but's.

Good luck Tigers. Maybe we can meet again with both teams at full force. I would look forward to playing you guys again, and I bet it would be a great game.

duckhunter
11-19-2008, 09:30 AM
Just like the ones we got when Sealy beat Bellville right? Or when we beat Columbus? That is what happens when your team looses, you give reasons why you felt they lost. You don't have a dog in this fight so stay out. This is going to be a great game. ??? i dont have a dog in the fight. glad you know everything about me and the town i live in. once again another ignorant post from a homer poster. or you could say the same about the one's YOU drowned us all in after the navasota game, la grange game, etc. true we all make excuses, but when you build sealy up like you do to be the next south lake, it makes the rest of the supporters of sealy look bad since we all know that they arent that good. good enough to get by, but not good enough to win state like you have already assumed. then when they lose you throw out terrible excuses...... my gosh i cant even belived i replied to ur worthless post. im gunna go grab a beer now

STAggie
11-19-2008, 09:58 AM
??? i dont have a dog in the fight. glad you know everything about me and the town i live in. once again another ignorant post from a homer poster. or you could say the same about the one's YOU drowned us all in after the navasota game, la grange game, etc. true we all make excuses, but when you build sealy up like you do to be the next south lake, it makes the rest of the supporters of sealy look bad since we all know that they arent that good. good enough to get by, but not good enough to win state like you have already assumed. then when they lose you throw out terrible excuses...... my gosh i cant even belived i replied to ur worthless post. im gunna go grab a beer now

What excuses have I thrown out other than against Navasota the conservative play calling killed us in the second half and against La Grange that we played flat. Get off your damn high horse, not once have I said we will win state, but I believe in the kids and think if they play up to their potential they can beat anyone. Go grab another beer because you obviously live in a sad little world and alcohol is the only solution to your problems. Don't presume you know me and don't put words in my mouth.

duckhunter
11-19-2008, 10:20 AM
You don't have a dog in this fight so stay out. im the one who is doing the pre-assuming eh???? ignorance

:rolleyes: :hand:

pirate4state
11-19-2008, 10:22 AM
If yall can't keep to the subject at hand (FOOTBALL GAME) then neither of you will be able to discuss much else on this thread! :hand:

I_DONT_CARE
11-19-2008, 10:22 AM
??? i dont have a dog in the fight. glad you know everything about me and the town i live in. once again another ignorant post from a homer poster. or you could say the same about the one's YOU drowned us all in after the navasota game, la grange game, etc. true we all make excuses, but when you build sealy up like you do to be the next south lake, it makes the rest of the supporters of sealy look bad since we all know that they arent that good. good enough to get by, but not good enough to win state like you have already assumed. then when they lose you throw out terrible excuses...... my gosh i cant even belived i replied to ur worthless post. im gunna go grab a beer now
WHO PEED IN YOUR POST TOASTIES? :rolleyes:

STAggie
11-19-2008, 10:29 AM
im the one who is doing the pre-assuming eh???? ignorance

:rolleyes: :hand:

Considering I haven't seen you in any topic other than a Columbus or a Bellville one it is called a logical guess.

Anyway, back to the game. Talked to some of the boys this morning and they said they had a really good practice yesterday. Sounds like they are really ready for this game and know what has to be done.

duckhunter
11-19-2008, 11:15 AM
may the best team win come friday

Gobbler Fan
11-19-2008, 11:25 AM
:1popcorn:

Boomer
11-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Great story, Cuero used to have a kid do kind of the same thing, his name was Marty he was our water boy and was at every practice and every game, but since he has graduated he just sits in the stands now, that is cool that Raymond and still runs them out on the field and even cooler that coach Mitchel lets him still be a part of the team.

And about the excuses, if Sealy does beat Cuero I will have a few of my own.(if its because of coaching) I expect our kids to be prepared and I feel that they are the better team going in (just like most of the Sealy people feel about their team) If Sealy wins because we were outmatched then I'll give them all the credit in the world, but I expect Coach Reeve to have a great game-plan and I expect the players to execute. I would like to see Cuero play with intensity for 48 minutes. I have a feeling this is going to be a chess match, which team can catch the other off guard and get some big plays. Momentum will be huge and I hope Cuero plays with a high intensity level all night. I am very positive that Cuero will come out with the win the only question mark we have is that we have not been in a close game or a real physical battle since LaVernia and Bay City. In close games it's those little things that win the games (receivers have to hang on to the ball and know when to get down or get out of bounds, RB have to hit the holes and take whats their, kickoff teams play a big role in momentum shifts and field position, and big plays on defense can turn a game around) the team who does these things the best will win this game. You can throw the records out the window, and don't say the team who wants it more will win, both want to win. They just have to execute!!!

Totally agree! Everyone needs to get fired up and blow them off the ball, first play!!! I would love to see a student section just get crazy when Cuero is on Defense. I can't wait for Friday afternoon, it can't get here any faster.

GO MEAN GREEN

44INAROW
11-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
Totally agree! Everyone needs to get fired up and blow them off the ball, first play!!! I would love to see a student section just get crazy when Cuero is on Defense. I can't wait for Friday afternoon, it can't get here any faster.

GO MEAN GREEN

I totally agree -Also, it would be neat if someone on the Sealy side would take a picture of the Cuero side - I'll take my camera and take a picture of the Sealy side if anyone wants one. ;)

STAggie
11-19-2008, 12:27 PM
I totally agree -Also, it would be neat if someone on the Sealy side would take a picture of the Cuero side - I'll take my camera and take a picture of the Sealy side if anyone wants one. ;)

Can do. That is a really good idea. I hope we travel well, we did to the Needville game or so I thought. I also hope the intensity is on par with our Bellville game. That was the loudest I have heard a high school game in a long time.

JT44
11-19-2008, 01:02 PM
This game will be packed, a lot of people from Victoria and surrounding communities going. El Campo and St. Joe (victoria) games aren't until Saturday

Gobbla2001
11-19-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm already at the stadium... tail-gating... but I'm almost outta beer... someone come over here and bring me some...

wait a minute... some dude with a night stick is walking over here...

44INAROW
11-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Can do. That is a really good idea. I hope we travel well, we did to the Needville game or so I thought. I also hope the intensity is on par with our Bellville game. That was the loudest I have heard a high school game in a long time.

cool. I'll PM the picture next weekend;)

I'm already at the stadium... tail-gating... but I'm almost outta beer... someone come over here and bring me some...

wait a minute... some dude with a night stick is walking over here...

Hey Gobbla - just don't go to the truck at halftime for a "cool one" remember - you will be in Wharton County :D

Gobbla2001
11-19-2008, 01:43 PM
cool. I'll PM the picture next weekend;)

Hey Gobbla - just don't go to the truck at halftime for a "cool one" remember - you will be in Wharton County :D

ha... low 44, that's loowww...

STAggie
11-19-2008, 01:47 PM
[i]Hey Gobbla - just don't go to the truck at halftime for a "cool one" remember - you will be in Wharton County :D [/B]

Let us hope that neither side feels they have to go for that "cool one" at half. Here's to hoping for a good close game till the very end.

Gobbla2001
11-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Let us hope that neither side feels they have to go for that "cool one" at half. Here's to hoping for a good close game till the very end.

if the game is that close at the half, I might have to... jk...

it did help at the Texans game last week though...

STAggie
11-19-2008, 01:53 PM
if the game is that close at the half, I might have to... jk...

it did help at the Texans game last week though...

I know what you mean. I just don't want a blowout at half by either team, causing the other teams fans to go to their car and drown their sorrows. I know at the Navasota game we definetly contemplated going to the gas station down the street at half for this reason.

Gobbla2001
11-19-2008, 01:56 PM
ha... ahhh, the ups and downs of the high school football fan...

Gobbla2001
11-19-2008, 02:04 PM
http://gobblersports.com/images/stories/2008/football/edna/img_7138.jpg

Since the fish Trent Jackson (above) is out this week (get well soon, btw)

... we're gunna have to plug the junior Cole Pargmann (below) back in:

http://images.townnews.com/cuerorecord.com/content/articles/2008/11/19/sports/sports1.jpg

ewww, and I just found some pictures of the last playoff matchup between Sealy and Cuero (97... 31-0 Sealy) and Cuero wore white tops and green bottoms... I'm superstitious, go all-white coach...

HM33
11-19-2008, 05:01 PM
I hope he does. The all white look is good. I actually wish Cuero would go back to the white helmets now that we are back to the real Cuero colors. Then the all white would look even better.

44INAROW
11-19-2008, 05:28 PM
GO MEAN GREEN - Is it Friday yet?

Old Green
11-19-2008, 05:52 PM
I hope he does. The all white look is good. I actually wish Cuero would go back to the white helmets now that we are back to the real Cuero colors. Then the all white would look even better. The helmets that they have now are what they were wearing in the 70's when the tradition started.;)

BrahmaMom
11-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Best of luck to the Tigers. We may have the Battle of Hwy 36, but we are behind you all the way otherwise!!

Gobbla2001
11-19-2008, 05:56 PM
looking back, the white helmets weren't too bad, but they didn't look as good with the all-green... I like the green... just need a bigger C...

IHStangFan
11-19-2008, 06:47 PM
I like the green as well from the pictures I've seen of the team the last several years.

CueroDad08
11-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Trent Jackson Update.
He is now listed as Day to Day.
Rehab is working alot better than first thought.
If he can practice at all, he could be in uniform friday.

Boomer
11-19-2008, 07:13 PM
That's good for Trent. I hope they don't rush him. We will be alright. Cole is a hard runner and can get the job done. If Trent is 90% - 100%, put him in, he is something else. We have plenty of talent on this team for Reeve to get the job done!!!

CueroDad08
11-19-2008, 07:23 PM
He was in pads 4th period. But did not work out after school.
I got a feeling they will hold him out in hopes he is ready next week.

HM33
11-19-2008, 07:28 PM
I say even if he is dressed out and ready to play, don't. ONLY if you really really need him then use him. I don't see that happening. He is young and he needs to be healthy. I think the RBs Cuero have without Jackson will get the job done, just as they did in the game last week when he went down.

GreenMachine
11-19-2008, 09:10 PM
I hope he does. The all white look is good. I actually wish Cuero would go back to the white helmets now that we are back to the real Cuero colors. Then the all white would look even better. I wore the white helmet in the mid 80's. Hated them, the green with the white C looks a lot better.

HM33
11-19-2008, 09:17 PM
alright alright, the green helmets are better. Butttt the white helmets would look better with all white :)

GreenMachine
11-19-2008, 09:31 PM
alright alright, the green helmets are better. Butttt the white helmets would look better with all white :) All white with just a green stripe down the middle. We could be the Penn State of 3a football. Our helmets were white with a green Gobbler on the side.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-19-2008, 09:34 PM
Who is the home team?

Old Green
11-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Who is the home team? Sealy is Home team.

44INAROW
11-19-2008, 11:16 PM
Tonight at Booster Club, coach Reeve said that last Friday's game against Somerset was Cuero's 1000th game...... that is alot of football games........ Cuero is in their 98th season - at least that's when the records started - 1911.......:)

Gobbla2001
11-20-2008, 12:21 AM
Dude with night-stick was cool... just wanted to let me know that if I got cold there were extra blankets in the gym...

so far it's just me, and that car in the corner of the parking lot... think they're just El Campo students making out...

hookandladder
11-20-2008, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
He was in pads 4th period. But did not work out after school.
I got a feeling they will hold him out in hopes he is ready next week.

You have to win this week to worry about next week, just saying you can't look ahead.

Gobbla2001
11-20-2008, 07:58 AM
one more morning to wake up to.. hurry up, geez...

And this is interesting news about Trent, didn't see it coming, figured you had to rest the kid... I doubt he plays unless Cuero is getting completely dominated by Sealy's run-defense... that is if these rumors are true...

STAggie
11-20-2008, 08:13 AM
one more morning to wake up to.. hurry up, geez...

And this is interesting news about Trent, didn't see it coming, figured you had to rest the kid... I doubt he plays unless Cuero is getting completely dominated by Sealy's run-defense... that is if these rumors are true...

Let's hope those rumors are true cause I really want to see Jackson play.

OldBison75
11-20-2008, 09:09 AM
Sealy defense should be pretty good against the run in this game because of their speed and tackling ability. However, if Jackson can play, it gives Cuero the opportunity to rotate more quality backs with different running styles and more speed. I hope that jackson is able to play, at least some, but I would hate to see him get re-injured. The kid has a great future and risking more permanent injury would be a devastating blow.

This will be a batle, but I believe that Cuero wins if they don't make too many turnovers and give Sealy short field scoring opportunities.

STAggie
11-20-2008, 10:41 AM
To far down on the board. One more day and it can't get here soon enough.

pirate4state
11-20-2008, 10:43 AM
http://gobblersports.com/images/stories/2008/football/edna/img_7138.jpg

Since the fish Trent Jackson (above) is out this week (get well soon, btw)

to quote Rocket: "it's not fayer" :(

he is a man child. yall sure he's just a freshman?

HM33
11-20-2008, 10:49 AM

he is a man child. yall sure he's just a freshman?

That's what we want ppl to think :)

Old Green
11-20-2008, 11:05 AM

he is a man child. yall sure he's just a freshman? 5' 10" , 170 lbs. and just 14 years old. Don't you just luv it:devil: :D

44INAROW
11-20-2008, 11:10 AM
I just hope he gets the opportunity to run some more this year. Lot's of good things need to happen for that to occur (Trent gets healthy and we continue to win) I don't know the exact amount of yardage but he's less than 100 yards from breaking Robert Strait's freshman year rushing (I think, sure if I am wrong someone will "offer" a correction) ;)

Old Green
11-20-2008, 11:13 AM
I just hope he gets the opportunity to run some more this year. Lot's of good things need to happen for that to occur (Trent gets healthy and we continue to win) I don't know the exact amount of yardage but he's less than 100 yards from breaking Robert Strait's freshman year rushing (I think, sure if I am wrong someone will "offer" a correction) ;) I think he only needs about 47 yards to break Straits record for freshman rushing yardage and 3 more tds for the Freshman scoring record. I'll check this evening when I get home.

pirate4state
11-20-2008, 11:38 AM
5' 10" , 170 lbs. and just 14 years old. Don't you just luv it:devil: :D uh NO! :tongue: :D

STAggie
11-20-2008, 11:56 AM
uh NO! :tongue: :D

Thats what I'm sayin.

Gobbla2001
11-20-2008, 01:33 PM
what was this post doing down there?

Gobbler Fan
11-20-2008, 02:38 PM
Got my Tickets ...... come on Friday

STAggie
11-20-2008, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Got my Tickets ...... come on Friday

The wife got ours today, too. Not much longer till i will be in El Campo staring at a Sea of Green across from.

Astro2
11-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Man I can't wait till Friday night! This is what it's all about. Good luck Sealy....Tigerball is Back!!!

44INAROW
11-20-2008, 03:23 PM
The wife got ours today, too. Not much longer till i will be in El Campo staring at a Sea of Green across from.
what time do you'll plan on getting there - I am hoping to be there by 6:00 maybe 6:15 at the latest, but I'll have to see how the afternoon goes at work and what time I can sneak out of here :)

gobblergrangran
11-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Cant wait til Friday nite-- I have never seen a skint Tiger.

STAggie
11-20-2008, 03:49 PM
what time do you'll plan on getting there - I am hoping to be there by 6:00 maybe 6:15 at the latest, but I'll have to see how the afternoon goes at work and what time I can sneak out of here :)

Depends, there is a group of us that usually go eat somewhere in the town we play and then go to the stadium together. Also, I will have my 9 year old bro in law as always but this time he is bringin a friend and I don't know how easy it will be to contain two nine year old boys while watching warm ups, they can get bored real easy.

Originally posted by gobblergrangran
Cant wait til Friday nite-- I have never seen a skint Tiger.

Good thing you won't have to see one Friday, but we will share the Fried Turkey if you want.:D :eek: :eek: :D

Necks_Fan
11-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Where is the M&G and when?

Looks like I may make it to this one after all. :)

HM33
11-20-2008, 04:29 PM
Where is the M&G and when?

Looks like I may make it to this one after all. :)

Halftime by the scoreboard.

gobblergrangran
11-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Depends, there is a group of us that usually go eat somewhere in the town we play and then go to the stadium together. Also, I will have my 9 year old bro in law as always but this time he is bringin a friend and I don't know how easy it will be to contain two nine year old boys while watching warm ups, they can get bored real easy.

Good thing you won't have to see one Friday, but we will share the Fried Turkey if you want.:D :eek: :eek: :D