PDA

View Full Version : Final: Gilmer 54 Diboll 0

Buckeyeman
11-14-2008, 11:19 PM
Gilmer rolls to a 54-0 win over Diboll
Mexia next

easttexas3a
11-15-2008, 01:35 AM
Gilmer played one of the better games they have played all year. The D continues to get better and better, and if that will keep building we have a chance to be very very good. I like the fact that we were able to hold a Diboll team that had scored 66 the week before to absolutely none.

We will play Mexia next at TMF Rose Stadium in Tyler TX 7:30 Friday night. Not real sure what Mexia has but I am looking forward to the game.

Buckeye80
11-15-2008, 02:05 AM
Solid, solid game in every facet by the Buckeyes tonight. The defense continues to impress me with their maturity and heart. They are considerably smaller than most offenses that we go up against, but their quickness and football IQ really have shown as of late.

I likewise know nothing of Mexia. I would guess that both Mexia and Crockett run quite a bit because their game was over when we still had 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Enjoy you film Black Cats!:D See ya next week in Tyler. Great job Buckeyes!

Congratulations to Diboll on a successful season. And you folks are lucky that #71 is graduating this year. What an idiot that kid is!!:mad: He really showed his a** in this one!

pirate4state
11-15-2008, 02:27 AM
:clap: :clap:

WTG Buckeyes

easttexas3a
11-15-2008, 02:59 AM
OMG I also noticed 71 for Diboll. Someone needs to give him a good lesson about what it is to compete. Just because you are losing does not give you the excuse to just lose all self control. Besides him I thought Diboll was very respectful, but man did he show himself.

eagles_victory
11-15-2008, 03:58 AM
Mexia is improving and their new coach has done a great job but the Gilmer Buckeyes are a whole different animal from what they have played it won't be close imo.

Buckeye80
11-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Mexia is improving and their new coach has done a great job but the Gilmer Buckeyes are a whole different animal from what they have played it won't be close imo.

Hopefully, Gilmer learned a lesson from the Mabank Panthers last season. Gilmer was picked by 40 or so in that 2nd round game, and survived a furious comeback by Mabank to win by 7.

You may indeed be heavily favored, but sometimes the team you're playing doesn't get the "memo" that they have no chance. :D

N4SIR
11-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
OMG I also noticed 71 for Diboll. Someone needs to give him a good lesson about what it is to compete. Just because you are losing does not give you the excuse to just lose all self control. Besides him I thought Diboll was very respectful, but man did he show himself.

The sad part about his actions was that after the refs ejected him from the game he goes over to the sideline and several of his team mates come over and give him high fives and chest bumps. And I never saw one of the coaches chastise him after his dirty hit.
Totally classless.

etbu
11-15-2008, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by N4SIR
The sad part about his actions was that after the refs ejected him from the game he goes over to the sideline and several of his team mates come over and give him high fives and chest bumps. And I never saw one of the coaches chastise him after his dirty hit.
Totally classless.

Not good ......

Buckeye80
11-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by N4SIR
Totally classless.

He walked over to the bench, threw his helmet at the bench, took out his mouthpiece and winged it into the stands, and then started throwing his hands up trying to incite the Diboll fans to cheer for him. I watched the whole thing take place, and I did not see one fan from Diboll even acknowledge him. Then two of his teammates came over and celebrated with him out of pity I guess.
It was said earlier, and it was true. Diboll has a very classy team and very classy fans excluding #71, heretofore known as "the moron".

solocam
11-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Congrats Gilmer

thatboiwes
11-15-2008, 03:29 PM
The best all around game I've seen Gilmer play in several years. Offense moved the ball at will. Defense was amazing and pitched the shutout. Special teams did well.

Diboll never saw anything closer than the 25 yard line the whole night. That was the closest they ever got and Gilmer intercepted a pass on their own 2 yard line on that drive. Defense forced several 3 and outs and 6 turnovers (3 INT's and 3 fumbles).

Game Stats:

Passing:

Stump Godfrey - 13 of 20, 190 yards, 2 td's, 0 int's

Rushing:

Jeremy Jackson - 10 carries, 99 yards, 1 TD
Marlon Granville - 9 carries, 111 yards
Stump Godfrey - 8 carries, 34 yards, 3 TD’S
Josh Thompson - 4 carries, 15 yards
J.T. Beecham - 3 carries, 13 yards
Chris Miller - 3 carries, 9 yards
Kedon Franklin - 2 carries, 18 yards
TOTAL 39 carries, 299 yards, 4 TD’S

Recieving:

Tristan Holt - 3 rec, 50 yards, 2 TD’S
Prentiss Bell - 3 rec, 31 yards
Paul Chesnut - 2 rec, 38 yards
Braylon Webb - 1 rec, 12 yards
Josh Thompson - 1 rec, 20 yards
Jeremy Jackson - 1 rec, 11 yards
Kedon Franklin - 1 rec, 4 yards
Gus Osborne - 1 rec, 24 yards
TOTAL 13 rec, 190 yards, 2 TD’S

Total Yards: 489

Buckeye80
11-15-2008, 04:01 PM
I just gotta say that it showed some class kicking the field goal on 3rd down with the backups in. The game had long since been decided, and Jeff could've easily thrown 7 more points up, but opted for a FG attempt.
There's beating someone and then there's humiliating them (to repeat myself). Great job Buckeyes!

j_dog
11-15-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Hopefully, Gilmer learned a lesson from the Mabank Panthers last season. Gilmer was picked by 40 or so in that 2nd round game, and survived a furious comeback by Mabank to win by 7.

You may indeed be heavily favored, but sometimes the team you're playing doesn't get the "memo" that they have no chance. :D
somewhat like a game back in 04? ;)

thatboiwes
11-15-2008, 04:07 PM
I just gotta say that it showed some class kicking the field goal on 3rd down with the backups in. The game had long since been decided, and Jeff could've easily thrown 7 more points up, but opted for a FG attempt.
There's beating someone and then there's humiliating them (to repeat myself). Great job Buckeyes!

Everyone around me was wondering why we were kicking a field goal when we still had a down left. I told them to keep from "running up the score" and humiliating our opponents.

Gilmer opted for 2 field goals in the 4th quarter instead of trying to score again.

thatboiwes
11-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by j_dog

You must be talking about Pittsburg, right?

Buckeye80
11-15-2008, 04:12 PM

Lol. He did not make it over the goal line on that two point conversion!:D

mistanice
11-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by thatboiwes
Everyone around me was wondering why we were kicking a field goal when we still had a down left. I told them to keep from "running up the score" and humiliating our opponents.

Gilmer opted for 2 field goals in the 4th quarter instead of trying to score again.

Making Gilmer punt was a morale booster for Diboll and it was about as good as it got early in the game lol. Carthage never punted in our game.

Diboll doesn't have much returning next season and I was glad they were able to put in the underclassmen late in the game, #10 -QB will lead the Jax next season and #32 just a freshman will be the next RB. They have great expectations for the young RB

Buckeye80
11-15-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
Making Gilmer punt was a morale booster for Diboll and it was about as good as it got early in the game lol. Carthage never punted in our game

I believe that the wind caused the change of strategy in the 2nd quarter. Jeff did not want Stump to make a "momentum changing" mistake.
Don't get me wrong! Jeff has the utmost confidence in his junior QB. But there's no sense in taking chances with a 21-0 lead.

mistanice
11-15-2008, 04:30 PM
I believe that the wind caused the change of strategy in the 2nd quarter. Jeff did not want Stump to make a "momentum changing" mistake.
Don't get me wrong! Jeff has the utmost confidence in his junior QB. But there's no sense in taking chances with a 21-0 lead.

I noticed Gilmer wanted to keep using the wind to their advantage late in the 1st quarter as JT called a timeout when Diboll was deep in their own territory. Luckily Diboll QB was able to find the TE on a 20+ yard pass and get that 1st down.

Buckeye80
11-15-2008, 04:34 PM
I noticed Gilmer wanted to keep using the wind to their advantage late in the 1st quarter as JT called a timeout when Diboll was deep in their own territory. Luckily Diboll QB was able to find the TE on a 20+ yard pass and get that 1st down.

That is exactly what he was doing. I'll bet Jeff still has nightmares about that fateful day in Waco last season. He probably says, "Damn you wind!!" in his sleep.:D

mistanice
11-15-2008, 04:36 PM
That is exactly what he was doing. I'll bet Jeff still has nightmares about that fateful day in Waco last season. He probably says, "Damn you wind!!" in his sleep.:D

HA, im sure, on another note, how about that stadium. Carthage has it going on. I liked the sound system. and the concessions were running efficiently never having to wait for some nachos!

Buckeye80
11-15-2008, 04:39 PM
HA, im sure, on another note, how about that stadium. Carthage has it going on. I liked the sound system. and the concessions were running efficiently never having to wait for some nachos!

Carthage has a fantastic stadium! I was overly impressed with every aspect of it! That is money spent well!

j_dog
11-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Lol. He did not make it over the goal line on that two point conversion!:D
Yes he did! Jody was lined up with the goal line, and Jody said Jasper made it in before being pushed back. That is good enough for me. Jody is the man!!! :) :clap:

And Jody is more than objective. If anything he hates Jasper, but he still will tell the truth. Jody even has a t-shirt he wears that says "Jasper sux!". :D

Buckeye80
11-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Yes he did! Jody was lined up with the goal line, and Jody said Jasper made it in before being pushed back. That is good enough for me. Jody is the man!!! :) :clap:

And Jody is more than objective. If anything he hates Jasper, but he still will tell the truth. Jody even has a t-shirt he wears that says "Jasper sux!". :D
Yall were still down 21 in the 4th quarter at one point. We were the better team and would've beaten yall in OT. At least, that's how the OT scenario plays out in my head.:D

j_dog
11-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Yall were still down 21 in the 4th quarter at one point. We were the better team and would've beaten yall in OT. At least, that's how the OT scenario plays out in my head.:D
The Dogs were just getting warmed up. :D

Seriously, I think that after all that went on in that game, OT would have been a fitting ending. Regardless of who won at the end.

Buckeye80
11-15-2008, 06:00 PM
The Dogs were just getting warmed up. :D

Seriously, I think that after all that went on in that game, OT would have been a fitting ending. Regardless of who won at the end.

I'm kinda partial to the way it ended in 04. :D