View Full Version : Mansfield upsets Abilene High

Phantom Stang
11-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Mansfield Tigers 20

Abilene Eagles 14

Final :eek:

WHS02
11-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Abilene High Sudddenly loses 20-14 to mansfield high in the first round of the playoffs. looks like the easy non district and district schedule did not help them this year. GO WYLIE!!!!!

Snyder_TigerFan
11-14-2008, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by WHS02
Abilene High Sudddenly lose 20-14 to mansfield high in the first trounf of the playoffs. looks like the easy non district amd district schedule did not help them this year. GO WYLIE!!!!!

Yep....that's a shocker, but they were also missing a couple of key players, one being Chris Williams.

Ranger Mom
11-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Midland Lee also lost to El Paso Montwood.

injuredinmelee
11-14-2008, 11:34 PM
I have been trying to tell anyone that would listen that AHS was WAYYYYYY overrated. They cant effectively run the ball. Steve Warren is a class act and I love what he has done with the AHS program over the last 10-11 years.

ccmom
11-14-2008, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I have been trying to tell anyone that would listen that AHS was WAYYYYYY overrated. They cant effectively run the ball. Steve Warren is a class act and I love what he has done with the AHS program over the last 10-11 years. Seriously? I thought Zach Bass was pretty darn effective this season. IMO they are victims of over confidence from a weak district and having Chris Williams out is a pretty big factor, too. Listening to the game tonight, it sounded to me like Mansfield just flat out made the stops when they needed to and AHS didn't....but what do I know....silly girl:rolleyes:

injuredinmelee
11-14-2008, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Seriously? I thought Zach Bass was pretty darn effective this season. IMO they are victims of over confidence from a weak district and having Chris Williams out is a pretty big factor, too. Listening to the game tonight, it sounded to me like Mansfield just flat out made the stops when they needed to and AHS didn't....but what do I know....silly girl:rolleyes:

did you watch them against Cooper? Then the Tyler Lee game? They couldnt run against good teams.

garciap77
11-14-2008, 11:42 PM
did you watch them against Cooper? Then the Tyler Lee game? They couldnt run against good teams.

I watched the game vs Cooper and they did not look good. You going to the game tomorrow?

ccmom
11-14-2008, 11:44 PM

I'll give you Tyler Lee...but unless I am wrong (and I have been ONCE :) )...Bass had over 100 yds on the ground vs Cooper. I will admit I am biased when it comes to Zach....ok?:)

injuredinmelee
11-14-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
I watched the game vs Cooper and they did not look good. You going to the game tomorrow?
None of my usual crew can or wants to go and i dont want to drive home alone. unless i can find someone to ride with me or hitch a ride i will listen to Trace and Bill.

injuredinmelee
11-15-2008, 12:00 AM
I'll give you Tyler Lee...but unless I am wrong (and I have been ONCE :) )...Bass had over 100 yds on the ground vs Cooper. I will admit I am biased when it comes to Zach....ok?:)
I have heard he is an outstanding kid. I look forward to watching Herschel Sims next season. He has been a hoss since his Peewee Cowboys days.

ccmom
11-15-2008, 12:03 AM
I have heard he is an outstanding kid. I look forward to watching Herschel Sims next season. He has been a hoss since his Peewee Cowboys days. He really is a great kid and has worked his tail off to improve his game and his overall condition. Hate it for him. :( Sims should have a lot of highlights left in his future!:)

injuredinmelee
11-15-2008, 12:10 AM
He really is a great kid and has worked his tail off to improve his game and his overall condition. Hate it for him. :( You are right about Sims...he should have a lot of highlights left in his future!:)

did you just admit that I am right? Mark that for future reference please mods. Heck I might use that as my signature.

ccmom
11-15-2008, 12:19 AM
You must have found a way to change my quote....the original doesn't not say "you are right"....:thinking: :thinking:

WHS02
11-15-2008, 09:12 AM
It is so funny how the ARN works. When AHS beats up on people 70-3 and so on they headline it in the paper. When Ahs loses they put just a little something in the sports sections. Anyways, I think that they were a little overated this year. They had to have played the easiest powder puff non district and district schedule besides a few teams and it came back and bit them. No one is looking at the 70-3 wins anymore. Just how they lost the bi district round; Well anyways GO WYLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking4number8
11-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Support the whole community, do ya?

3afan
11-15-2008, 09:54 AM
figures - I picked 'em to win it all in a 5A pick 'em

STEPHENVILLE--Stepfan Taylor carried the ball 33 times for 195 yards and two touchdowns, including a game winning 14 yard run with 3:54 remaining, to give Mansfield a 20-14 upset of previously unbeaten and number 3 ranked Abilene (10-1) in a Class 5A Division II bi-district playoff game at Memorial Stadium.
Jordon Finch's interception with 1:49 remaining sealed the victory for Mansfield (7-4). Mansfield will face El Paso Montwood in the area round next week.
Mansfield used a time consuming ground attack led by Taylor to upset Abilene. Mansfield quarterback Danell Green threw for 156 yards and one touchdown.

GetRDoneStangs
11-15-2008, 10:39 AM
i will listen to Trace and Bill.

Im sorry you have to do that!!!!:D :D

Please someone SAVE injured and take him to the game!!!

Don't make him have to listen to those guys!!!!

J K !!! nobogey and his crew do a good job on the game.

Just keep them out of Odessa before the game...if you know what I mean!!!:D :D :D

injuredinmelee
11-15-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs

Just keep them out of Odessa before the game...if you know what I mean!!!:D :D :D

There is a Hooters in Odessa if you need directions Nobogey.

injuredinmelee
11-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Support the whole community, do ya?
I do support Wylie and AHS but cant make myself pull for Cooper.

Looking4number8
11-15-2008, 10:47 AM
"I do support Wylie and AHS but cant make myself pull for Cooper."

Injured, my comment was directed at the comment below, not you. It was on a thread of its own and I guess they merged the threads. Sorry for the confusion!

It is so funny how the ARN works. When AHS beats up on people 70-3 and so on they headline it in the paper. When Ahs loses they put just a little something in the sports sections. Anyways, I think that they were a little overated this year. They had to have played the easiest powder puff non district and district schedule besides a few teams and it came back and bit them. No one is looking at the 70-3 wins anymore. Just how they lost the bi district round; Well anyways GO WYLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

GetRDoneStangs
11-15-2008, 10:57 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not too sure what he is saying there.....the ARN sports page I read this morning had it in HUGE Letters....

AHS' year comes to stunning end

and a pretty big pic of the A-High QB reacting to the loss.....so I don't think they cut them any slack, just called it like it happened!!

WHS02
11-15-2008, 10:59 AM
no, see i pull for WYLIE and Cooper. Not AHS. My wife went to AHS and hated it. She said she would not let her kids go there. Of course our kids go the one and ONLY WYLIE ISD. Go Wylie!!!
There is that better for you.

garciap77
11-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs

I got him covered! And we're driving the extra miles to inspect Hooters, make sure it is save for Nobogey!

injuredinmelee
11-15-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
"I do support Wylie and AHS but cant make myself pull for Cooper."

Injured, my comment was directed at the comment below, not you. It was on a thread of its own and I guess they merged the threads. Sorry for the confusion!
Oh no i knew you were referring to him i just wanted to add my thoughts here. I am like the crazy homeless guy that taks randomly to all who pass by.

GetRDoneStangs
I got him covered! And we're driving the extra miles to inspect Hooters, make sure it is save for Nobogey!

Glad to see you are a "Team" player and looking out for him for the teams best interest!!!:D :eek: :clap:

JR2004
Heard this score last night when I got in from the RC beatdown. I was hoping Abilene would make it back to the regional final and that Hebron would too so they could have a rematch from last year. I'm sure SLC would've liked another shot at them as well in the third round had both made it there.

injuredinmelee

Garcia saved the weekend for me.

ccmom
11-15-2008, 11:34 AM
I do support Wylie and AHS but cant make myself pull for Cooper. Where's the love for the Coogs, Injured? There are some pretty amazing people who have graduated from CHS!!:D :D

garciap77
11-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Where's the love for the Coogs, Injured? There are some pretty amazing people who have graduated from CHS!!:D :D

:thinking:

Injured! I think by the time we get to Midland, we'll have figured out who ccmom is!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/SWMG11.jpg

:D

It's going to be cold ccmom, so wear something warm!;)

Ranger Mom
11-15-2008, 11:48 AM

Injured! I think by the time we get to Midland, we'll have figured out who ccmom is!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/SWMG11.jpg

:D

I talked to her earlier, she is gonna wear her fur lined bikini tonight!!:p

ccmom
11-15-2008, 11:50 AM

Ummm....I'll be in the comfort of my home, quite possibly with a fire going, so don't worry about little ole me....but I am packing a bag for "ccdad" and "ccson" that closely resembles luggage we have taken on a ski trip.:) We'll see how much of they actually agree to take. You and Injured be careful and don't use up all your energy worrying about who I am...save some for the DAWGS and BE LOUD!!!:clap: :clap:

ccmom
11-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I talked to her earlier, she is gonna wear her fur lined bikini tonight!!:p Geez....RM, I'm trying to convince them I won't be there. Oh well...if I keep the purple trench coat on, maybe I can still blend in with the crowd. :D Are you going to be there?

Ranger Mom
11-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Ummm....I'll be in the comfort of my home, quite possibly with a fire going, so don't worry about little ole me....but I am packing a bag for "ccdad" and "ccson" that closely resembles luggage we have taken on a ski trip.:) We'll see how much of they actually agree to take. You and Injured be careful and don't use up all your energy worrying about who I am...save some for the DAWGS and BE LOUD!!!:clap: :clap:

So you aren't even going???

Well heck, I'm not gonna go either!!!

J/K....like you, I have decided to stay in my nice warm home tonight and get updates here!!

Ranger Mom
11-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Geez....RM, I'm trying to convince them I won't be there. Oh well...if I keep the purple trench coat on, maybe I can still blend in with the crowd. :D Are you going to be there?

We are obviously playing "post tag":D

injuredinmelee
11-15-2008, 12:42 PM

**flapping my arms like a chicken**

Stangs325
11-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Abilene High Sudddenly loses 20-14 to mansfield high in the first round of the playoffs. looks like the easy non district and district schedule did not help them this year. GO WYLIE!!!!!

couldnt of said it better