BTownVBall3
11-14-2008, 10:53 PM
31-6. 5 min left

rancher
11-14-2008, 10:59 PM
31-6 Final, Bellville wins

Bull's-eye
11-15-2008, 01:07 AM
Another great game by the Bellville defense, holding Wharton to 120 total yards. Wharton rushed 32 times for only 43 yards. The Tigers only score came on a long punt return. Bellville's offense was led by Runnels, who started the game with a 76 yard TD run. He finished with 133 yds rushing and 1 TD. Bellville's QB Mueller passed for 2 TD's and was on the other end of a TD pass from QB Knoll. Nunn did leave right before halftime, but not sure if it was a broken ankle.

OldBison75
11-15-2008, 01:17 AM
Congrats to Bellville on the win. If anybody has an update on Nunn, please post it. I pray that whatever injury he sustained is not too serious and he will come back strong. This loss of Nunn could be a severe blow to the Bellville chances in the deeper playoffs. Others will have to really step it up.

Prayer for Nunn's speedy recovery from Navasota. A great athlete and fine young man.

Brahma84
11-15-2008, 01:34 AM
The last report we got at the game was a broken bone just below his ankle. I'm sure he is out for the season, but expect him to keep running over people next year @ UTEP. Carter did a good job coming in for Nunn tonight. Houston also stepped up with several good catches. Runnels continues to run well. Bellville will have to work out a new game plan w/out Nunn. The D will really need to continue to play well. Great game tonight, keep it going.

Bull's-eye
11-15-2008, 02:04 AM
Billy "the Kid" Carter has some big shoes to fill, but did some good running in the 2nd half. Smaller back, but has excellant speed. Will we see Browning in the back field?

dachosenone
11-15-2008, 08:39 AM
Anyone making the trip to Floresville? I here the coaches from LV are counting us out.

Brahma84
11-15-2008, 09:00 AM
We're making the road trip. First to San Antonio to watch volleyball, then on to Floresville. Bo Brahmanettes!!!

KL3
11-15-2008, 10:19 AM
I really feel bad for Nunn. What a terrible way for one of Bellville's best players ever to end his career.

KL3
11-15-2008, 10:26 AM
I should say that Mueller played an excellent game. Both of his TD passes to Houston were put in great spots. He also just missed a sure TD when the pass was a few inches past Houston's fingers. The worst part about that play is that it was the play right before Nunn got hurt. Mueller also went up and got a TD pass from Knoll on a fade route.

ProudHornetMom
11-15-2008, 10:37 AM
Congratulations Brahmas. Keep it going. I hate to hear about Nunn and will pray for a swift, complete recovery for the young man. I enjoy watching him play and wish the best for his future.

Bull's-eye
11-15-2008, 02:27 PM
For all those questioning how Bellville scored their first TD, it was on the first play from scrimmage. After receiving the opening KO and being stopped at the 24 yard line, Bellville's RB Runnels takes a handoff on first down and goes 76 yards for the score.

Sorry for the hijacking on the Giddings/Sweeny thread.

Necks_Fan
11-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
For all those questioning how Bellville scored their first TD, it was on the first play from scrimmage. After receiving the opening KO and being stopped at the 24 yard line, Bellville's RB Runnels takes a handoff on first down and goes 76 yards for the score.

Sorry for the hijacking on the Giddings/Sweeny thread. Thanks. :)

hsfootballfan
11-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by dachosenone
Anyone making the trip to Floresville? I here the coaches from LV are counting us out.

Where'd you hear that?

dachosenone
11-15-2008, 04:12 PM
After Nunn was injured last night the coach made a gesture & comment. One of my associates saw them at the game.

hsfootballfan
11-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by dachosenone
After Nunn was injured last night the coach made a gesture & comment. One of my associates saw them at the game.

That's very interesting. I wonder if it was the head coach, Bo Robinson. Not like him to not take an opponent seriously, especially an opponent like Bellville. It'll be La Vernia's downfall if they count the Brahmas out just because of one injury. If LV wins tonight and does meet Bellville next week, LV will definitely have their work cut out for them. They better come prepared to fight to the finish.

BrahmaMom
11-15-2008, 08:22 PM
Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery for Nunn--he'll take his talent to UTEP and they'll see how we play football in Bellville. Carter came out and stepped into the position like he's been playing it all season--he's a very strong player, too. To the Brahmas credit, they didn't let Nunn's injury slow 'em down. Outstanding game for the Brahmas. Good job, get ready for next week, Bulls!

zebrablue2
11-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery for Nunn--he'll take his talent to UTEP and they'll see how we play football in Bellville. Carter came out and stepped into the position like he's been playing it all season--he's a very strong player, too. To the Brahmas credit, they didn't let Nunn's injury slow 'em down. Outstanding game for the Brahmas. Good job, get ready for next week, Bulls!

my prayers to nunn also brahmamom. so sad to see a hs career end this way, but that is football as well as life. you made us proud mr. nunn, and will be missed the rest of the season...

ProudHornetMom
11-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by hsfootballfan
That's very interesting. I wonder if it was the head coach, Bo Robinson. Not like him to not take an opponent seriously, especially an opponent like Bellville. It'll be La Vernia's downfall if they count the Brahmas out just because of one injury. If LV wins tonight and does meet Bellville next week, LV will definitely have their work cut out for them. They better come prepared to fight to the finish.

I beat no coach takes Coach Chancellor (sp) lightly....never a wise move...trust me. :D

Pudlugger
11-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Bellville has always displayed an uncanny ability to deal with adversity. This is no different. Enter at your own risk.