PDA

View Full Version : Size Advantage

jimmyceatworld
11-14-2008, 06:19 PM
I know it hasn't been discussed much lately, but I was interested in seeing how big of a factor enrollment plays in teams making the playoffs. Here's what I found from schools biggest to smallest in the district.

1. 14/28 made the playoffs
2. 14/28 made the playoffs
3. 16/28 made the playoffs
4. 13/28 made the playoffs
5. 8/28 made the playoffs
6. 16/28 made the playoffs
7. 2/7 made the playoffs
8. 1/2 made the playoffs

Also, the largest schools in their respective districts only won 2 district championships (Abilene Wylie and Bandera) while the smallest schools combined for 3 titles (Dallas Madison, New Boston, and Farmersville)

Conclusion: I thought enrollment might play a bigger role, but clearly that's not well supported by the numbers. I realize there are so many more factors to add to the equation than just total amount of kids in high school, but size seems much less significant than I originally thought.

tex_male
11-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Size of enrollment is much less significant because the number of guys that go out for football maybe less.

How about doing this with the number of players on roster.

jimmyceatworld
11-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by tex_male
Size of enrollment is much less significant because the number of guys that go out for football maybe less.

How about doing this with the number of players on roster.

Yeah, of course that makes a huge difference. Those numbers are probably much more difficult to get a hold of but I'd be curious to see how they look.

tex_male
11-14-2008, 06:33 PM
I have been to a few game where the other school has more student enrollment then Monahans but less football players on the side lines.

eagles_victory
11-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
I know it hasn't been discussed much lately, but I was interested in seeing how big of a factor enrollment plays in teams making the playoffs. Here's what I found from schools biggest to smallest in the district.

1. 14/28 made the playoffs
2. 14/28 made the playoffs
3. 16/28 made the playoffs
4. 13/28 made the playoffs
5. 8/28 made the playoffs
6. 16/28 made the playoffs
7. 2/7 made the playoffs
8. 1/2 made the playoffs
. your not speaking my language jim