PDA

View Full Version : Nash, Alston, Barnes suspended

kepdawg
11-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Friday, November 14, 2008
NBA fight fallout: Nash, Alston, Barnes suspended
ESPN.com news services

NEW YORK -- The NBA has suspended Steve Nash and Matt Barnes of Phoenix and Rafer Alston of Houston for their roles in a fight.

Alston and Barnes were suspended for two games without pay and Nash for one. The league also fined Shaquille O'Neal $35,000 and Tracy McGrady $25,000 on Friday for their actions during the Rockets' 94-82 win in Phoenix on Wednesday.

Barnes knocked back Alston with his shoulder late in the third quarter, and Alston charged him. Nash ran in and was pushed back by McGrady, who was shoved down by O'Neal.

"I felt maybe a one-game suspension but I can understand them making it 2," Alston told ESPN.com's J.A. Adande via text message. "Barnes should have got more of a fine for the cheap shot."

Nash was cited for "escalating the altercation." He and Barnes will miss Friday's game at Sacramento, and Barnes will sit Sunday against Detroit. Alston will miss games Friday against San Antonio and Saturday against New Orleans.

Nash and O'Neal, when reached Friday afternoon by ESPN.com, both declined comment.

J.A. Adande is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com. Information from ESPN.com senior NBA writer Marc Stein and The Associated Press was used in this report.

eagles_victory
11-14-2008, 05:13 PM
How does Nash get suspended but Mcgrady doesnt?

3afan
11-14-2008, 05:16 PM
they figured T-Mac would get hurt soon anyways and be out a while ......

:D

Emerson1
11-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Nash started it

Bull's-eye
11-14-2008, 05:29 PM
How does Shaq not get suspended? If you think T-Mac should be suspended for pushing Nash down, I guess Shaq pushing 3 Rockets to the floor was ok. The only difference is that Nash was escalating the fight with his actions. I still think the Refs should be penalized for not calling a flagrant foul on Barnes and keeping this from getting out of hand.

3afan
11-14-2008, 05:32 PM
video?

Bull's-eye
11-14-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlnwHWhv_q8

HEMOTOXIC
11-14-2008, 05:51 PM
That sucks. Shaq comes out and pushes the entire crowd not once but twice and gets nothing. :doh:

Maroon87
11-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
video?

It killed the radio star...or so I'm told.:p

3afan
11-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
... suspended Steve Nash and Matt Barnes of Phoenix and Rafer Alston of Houston ...

looks fair .....

eagles_victory
11-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
How does Shaq not get suspended? If you think T-Mac should be suspended for pushing Nash down, I guess Shaq pushing 3 Rockets to the floor was ok. The only difference is that Nash was escalating the fight with his actions. I still think the Refs should be penalized for not calling a flagrant foul on Barnes and keeping this from getting out of hand. Yea Shaq should of been suspended if T-Mac was I just think they all should be suspended if Nash is. I dont fault any of the guys for coming in and taking up for their teammates Barnes was really the only one in the wrong by starting it all.