PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite Merkel Badger?

wildstangs
12-04-2002, 01:58 PM
?

vet93
12-04-2002, 03:29 PM
Nice touch Wildstangs...good sarcasm about all of the favorite player posts! I would like to play along but I only remember one player that played for merkel...Drew Caraway! If I named him as my favorite player my Wylie friends would probably line me up in front of a firing squad eek! I will have to say that my favorite players for any team are the kids who will never even sniff of college ball, yet work their tails off like their lives, careers, depended on it. Kids who run a 5.2 forty and have zero talent but by some miracle are able to block or tackle kids with twice their ability and half of their heart. Kids who never make the write-up in the local paper except for the pre-season roster and yet never complain. Players that don't talk trash and walk away when someone gets in their face and yet when the ball snaps they are on you like stink on a skunk. Kids that a year after they graduate nobody can seem to remember their names yet they were vital to the success of their team. These kids will never be recognized as great players but will go on in life and do well because of the character that they displayed on the football field. Those guys are my favorites!

ballhog65
12-04-2002, 08:29 PM
anyone that goes to merkel or lives in merkel are good, respectable people.

This is what you MEANT to say, right?

<small>[ December 04, 2002, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: Jacket2000 ]</small>

vet93
12-04-2002, 09:16 PM
Meant no disrespect to any Merkel players. Drew was the only player that I could call by name. Have been impressed with the improvements that coach Flowers and staff have brought to the Badgers. I had hopes that they would make the playoffs. Drew's injury really hurt...missed by an eyelash making the playoffs anyway. Good luck next year!

ballhog65:
anyone that goes to merkel or lives in merkel are good, respectable people.

This is what you MEANT to say, right?

Jacket2000
12-04-2002, 10:14 PM
Vet, that wasnt directed at you. I had to clean up Ballhog's post a bit, and I left a little message for him. Nothing at all wrong with your post.
J2K