PDA

View Full Version : Cameron vs. Caldwell - The Wet Field Controversy

Milk That Cow
11-14-2008, 09:06 AM
I was reading in the Rockdale Reporter that Caldwell's field last week was extremely wet and it hadn't rained in Caldwell in over a month...

It said the Cameron's Coach was extremely upset about it...

What's the deal with the wet field controversy?

87 TIGER
11-14-2008, 10:15 AM
I dont doubt it , 2 weeks earlier when Rockdale played in Caldwell there were cracks in the ground when we were walking to the field but the field was wet, guys slipping, but both teams have to play on the same wet or dry field. We knew we had to beat Caldwell by 14 and Caldwell knew they had to win by 13, the Hornets just got it done.

Global Swarming
11-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Boo hoo hoo! I can't believe some people can't let things go. I saw a picture in the Cameron paper form the 3rd quarter. None of the players had mud or anything on their uniforms. Go to the Cameron newspaper and see for yourself. The field didn't look wet to me. I could care less one way or the other. When you get beat by a better team, you should just give them props and be on your way. The way they talk, they act like we could have never beat them on a dry field. They should learn to hold on to the football and maybe they would have done better. The so called wet field didn't have any affect on our offense. We still shoved the ball down their throat at will. If they were able to stop us maybe they would've won. We executed our offense they didn't simple as that. My 15 and 14 year old boys don't whine as much as some people on here. 5 turnovers don't help your team much when you're trying to make the play-offs. Please people let's move on.

aggie
11-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
. I saw a picture in the Cameron paper form the 3rd quarter. None of the players had mud or anything on their uniforms. Go to the Cameron newspaper and see for yourself.

Nice try...but no.

Go look at kmil.com and look at the pictures, then tell me the field wasn't muddy.

Not saying that cost us the game, Caldwell made plays, we didn't....but to say the field wasn't muddy, or wasn't wet is just a flat out lie

cameron91
11-14-2008, 10:48 AM
G.W...I'm not taking up for Cameron ..the game is over with and yall won period and the best of luck in the playoff. but if you go to kmil.com , you can see photos from the game. both teams had mud on their uniforms.

Silverback 04
11-14-2008, 11:05 AM
I visited the site and its pretty obvious that the reason
Cameron lost is because it is a little known fact
that you can't win a football game when all your players are wearing panties on their heads!

YOEdog
11-14-2008, 11:32 AM
GLOBAL SWARMING OR RAY CHARLES.

ARE YOU SURE YOU WERE LOOKING AT THE KMIL WEBSITE.

IF YOU WERE THEN YOU NEED TO HAVE SOMEONE DRIVE YOU DOWN TO THE LOCAL DPS OFFICE SO YOU CAN TURN OVER YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE. YOU DON'T BELONG BEHIND THE WHEEL OF A MOTOR VEHICLE.

THE PLAYERS FROM BOTH TEAMS WERE COVERED IN MUD.

Global Swarming
11-14-2008, 11:46 AM
I saw the pics on your local newspaper. Besides this is football not baseball. Teams do play when it's wet. I just don't understand what all the fuss is about. We had to play on the same field as y'all. Y'all should have had the advantage because y'all throw the ball quite a bit. Everyone knows that a wet field benefits a throwing team over a running team. Y'all should have beaten us handily. I just don't think it's that big of a deal. Teams have to play in adverse conditions all the time. But I will do y'all a favor. I will try to find the phone number to the ACLU. Maybe y'all can get a law suit against us for making you miss the play-offs. That kind of case is right up their alley.

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2008, 11:51 AM
It is called Home field advantage

See it all the time..in baseball home team overgrows infield grass or cuts it shorter..what ever helps the team

in football u slow the other team down with a wetter field

not sure what the controversy is, they can do what they want

Global Swarming
11-14-2008, 12:06 PM
It makes no sense to me to think that we would water down the field in order to have an advantage. Why risk injuries to your players in order to gain a so called advantage. We already lost one of our best running backs in the Navasota game. Besides why would a running team want to make the running game slower by watering down the field. I don't know it just sounds like a petty complaint to me.

aggie
11-14-2008, 12:08 PM
I saw the pics on your local newspaper. Besides this is football not baseball. Teams do play when it's wet. I just don't understand what all the fuss is about. We had to play on the same field as y'all. Y'all should have had the advantage because y'all throw the ball quite a bit. Everyone knows that a wet field benefits a throwing team over a running team. Y'all should have beaten us handily. I just don't think it's that big of a deal. Teams have to play in adverse conditions all the time. But I will do y'all a favor. I will try to find the phone number to the ACLU. Maybe y'all can get a law suit against us for making you miss the play-offs. That kind of case is right up their alley.

Caldwell made plays, Cameron didn't. You won, we didn't. I wasn't whining of fussing about it. I was just countering you post about the field not being wet.

If i had one argument to make about the entire game it would be the "no call" on what looked to be the saftey. I think that was the turning point of the game. Just my opinion.

Good Luck with WOS.

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2008, 12:10 PM
It makes no sense to me to think that we would water down the field in order to have an advantage. Why risk injuries to your players in order to gain a so called advantage. We already lost one of our best running backs in the Navasota game. Besides why would a running team want to make the running game slower by watering down the field. I don't know it just sounds like a petty complaint to me.

A running team wets the field if the defense is faster...Your OL know where they are going and it is harder to react on a wet field

Especially if the running game is between the numbers harder for a DL to dig in when the field is wet and the OL is pushing on the DL and they cannot get footing

again it is called home field advantage for a reason

Global Swarming
11-14-2008, 12:14 PM
I'll have to be honest with you. I was watching the game from my car over by the softball field. So I didn't have a good vantage point to some of the plays around the endzone. But I will check out the KMIL website. I only saw the one pic in the Cameron newspaper.

Dogman_1969
11-14-2008, 12:32 PM
Some areas of the field was muddy by the looks of some of the Cameron Uni's. Look at their cleats and socks and you can tell that the entire field wasn't soaked as you read in some places.

Rockdale played in Caldwell and our uni's were a little dark mostly due to the black land in the area. I remember one year Rockdale played in Giddings for a district title and the field was really wet and in the second half the actual sprinklers came on and the game had to be stopped until the school officials got them turned off. It was really funny though.

Facts are the game was played and the Hornets came out on top.

ProudHornetMom
11-14-2008, 01:03 PM
The field was muddy but there wasn't standing water or water splashing. :rolleyes: We had rain on Thursday morning as did most of Brazos Valley...not just Caldwell. I'm not sure if Cameron or Rockdale had rain or not. It's always interesting when one assumes the worst intention of another team. It's over, the games are played and next year it will be y'all's home advantage if you feel the need for revenge.

We could discuss how Cameron left our visitor's field house or the Cameron Gauntlet of abusive, spitting fans when we play there. We can throw stones right back.

KngKongInDTrunk
11-14-2008, 01:05 PM
I just want to know if the scoreboard was working against cameron?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-14-2008, 01:17 PM
I watered the field. I did it, okay? I went out there with a water hose and spent my entire Thursday night watering the field so I could sabotage Cameron's chances of going to playoffs, so blame me for their losing the game too.

aggie
11-14-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
The field was muddy but there wasn't standing water or water splashing. :rolleyes: We had rain on Thursday morning as did most of Brazos Valley...not just Caldwell. I'm not sure if Cameron or Rockdale had rain or not. It's always interesting when one assumes the worst intention of another team. It's over, the games are played and next year it will be y'all's home advantage if you feel the need for revenge.

We could discuss how Cameron left our visitor's field house or the Cameron Gauntlet of abusive, spitting fans when we play there. We can throw stones right back.

Spitting......seriously :rolleyes:

aggie
11-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I watered the field. I did it, okay? I went out there with a water hose and spent my entire Thursday night watering the field so I could sabotage Cameron's chances of going to playoffs, so blame me for their losing the game too.

:rolleyes:

KngKongInDTrunk
11-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by aggie
Spitting......seriously :rolleyes:

Um yeah seriously. They like to through rocks and apparently run over their own kids also.

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2008, 01:25 PM
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/9477/yoecald34ws0.jpg

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/3601/yoecald18je3.jpg

kmil.com with photos (http://www.kmil.com/story.php?id=4997)

:thinking: :thinking:

aggie
11-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by KngKongInDTrunk
Um yeah seriously. They like to through rocks and apparently run over their own kids also.

wow....that mature.

aggie
11-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

:thinking: :thinking: [/B]

go to the bottom of the page on kmil...and click the link for more pictures.

c-town_balla
11-14-2008, 01:54 PM
looks dry to me :rolleyes:

http://www.kmil.com/Football08/Pictures/yoe-cald59.jpg

http://www.kmil.com/Football08/Pictures/yoe-cald44.jpg

and I am not saying that the wet field lost the game and if it did I wouldn't know as I was not at the game but, if Caldwell did water down the field....thats a BIG if....then that is just absolute bush league and any anger anyone from Cameron feels is 100% justified. Just the fact that the Rockdale Reporter felt the need to write a story that even had the word Cameron in it is reason enough for me to be suspicious.

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by aggie
go to the bottom of the page on kmil...and click the link for more pictures.
Gotcha! I didn't see that before. Trust me, I've seen a heck of a lot worse when it comes to muddy uniforms. :)

95mustang
11-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
looks dry to me :rolleyes:

http://www.kmil.com/Football08/Pictures/yoe-cald59.jpg

http://www.kmil.com/Football08/Pictures/yoe-cald44.jpg

and I am not saying that the wet field lost the game and if it did I wouldn't know as I was not at the game but, if Caldwell did water down the field....thats a BIG if....then that is just absolute bush league and any anger anyone from Cameron feels is 100% justified. Just the fact that the Rockdale Reporter felt the need to write a story that even had the word Cameron in it is reason enough for me to be suspicious.

Aren't the offensive and defensive lineman suppose to be dirty. Thats way it was back in the day when I played anyway. :D

c-town_balla
11-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Well I played for several years and I like to think that I was pretty good....and I never go half that dirty.

ProudHornetMom
11-14-2008, 02:26 PM
I said it was muddy. :D

wimbo_pro
11-14-2008, 02:32 PM
I heard from someone who actually knows what happened with the wet field...he said it wasn't watered down...it was actually urine.

LHexPlayer
11-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I heard from someone who actually knows what happened with the wet field...he said it wasn't watered down...it was actually urine.

Yep, and it took me all night too.

kepdawg
11-14-2008, 02:35 PM
:bigcry:

Maybe that's how it got wet!

wimbo_pro
11-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Yep, and it took me all night too.

Thats the beer talkin', LHex.

pirate4state
11-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
:bigcry:

Maybe that's how it got wet!

:clap: :clap:

ProudHornetMom
11-14-2008, 03:21 PM
:fnypost: :D :D :D

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
:fnypost: :D :D :D
Heck, I'm just impressed that the only part of the field that was wet was the part the Yoemen played on. ;)

OldBison75
11-14-2008, 04:03 PM
How many times do some teams cut the grass very short to take advantage of their speed or let it grow to slow down a faster team? You folks from Cameron that are complaining about a wet field have been known to do that in the past. I am amazed that the Caldwell team , offense and defense were able to play on a drier portion of the field than you all night. They did not have bad footing problems. Caldwell won the game, wet field or not, LET IT GO. Class is knowing that you got your butts whipped and not making excuses, but holding your heads up and telling the other team Good Game.

If this is such a big deal to you, remember you have the homefield advantage next year and can find a way to be "bush league" against Caldwell then. I can tell you that the rude comments to the Navasota Band and Drill Team by Cameron faithful were about as classless as anything I've seen. Calling a bunch of High School kids bad names, spitting, and throwing things speaks well for the class of the entire school. I wasn't at the Caldwell game, but if you acted there like you did at home against Navasota, shame on you.

I even had kids outside the stadium using obscene gestures toward us on the way to the stadium. Some of the kids could not have been more than 10-12 years old. Great way to raise kids.

c-town_balla
11-14-2008, 04:05 PM
I would also like to point out a person from rockdale started this thread

aggie
11-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75

If this is such a big deal to you, remember you have the homefield advantage next year and can find a way to be "bush league" against Caldwell then. I can tell you that the rude comments to the Navasota Band and Drill Team by Cameron faithful were about as classless as anything I've seen. Calling a bunch of High School kids bad names, spitting, and throwing things speaks well for the class of the entire school. I wasn't at the Caldwell game, but if you acted there like you did at home against Navasota, shame on you.

I even had kids outside the stadium using obscene gestures toward us on the way to the stadium. Some of the kids could not have been more than 10-12 years old. Great way to raise kids.

I have lived in Cameron most of my life, went off to college, and decided to come back here. Yes i will admit that this town is certainly different then the one i grew up in not all that long ago.

But to come on here, and make blanket statements about a town and its "faithful" are ridiculous. Are there a few bad apples here in Cameron, yes there are. Are there bad apples in Caldewll and Navasota....yes there are. I am sure that everybody has on their "rose colored glasses" regarding their respective town and athletic program. But to come on here and bash the class of a town and its faithful based on a few instances is very classless as well.

Global Swarming
11-14-2008, 04:49 PM
By all he responses on here, I would say more than a few bad apples. Me personally, I have never had any bad experiences with Cameron fans. That goes all the way back to the early to mid 80's when I played. I remember our bus getting bombarded with rocks at Hearne and Smithville on our way into the stadium. But I have just never heard of so much complaining from a few fans about the field being wet. I would think that y'all would have a basketball game to be getting ready for instead of being on here complaining.

cameron91
11-14-2008, 05:21 PM
I've read every post on this thread , I haven't read any where someone has complain about this game.each team had 48 minutes to play.caldwell out scored and out played cameron during these 48 minutes. I'm happy that D-24 will have 3 good team in the playoffs.

like c-town said " it was a rockdale homer who started this thread".

If cameron folks want to complain about anything , let's look at the rockdale game.If my memory is right I think cameron was up big late in the 4th. (41-7) ..Nullins put in the second team and rockdale put up 21 late points.I bet now Cameron wish they had those 21 points back.:(