PDA

View Full Version : Returning Starters in 2009

Necks_Fan
11-13-2008, 04:52 PM
How many does your team have? Who's poised to take a shot next year?

Off the top of my head, this is how it is in Columbia.

QB- (Our Starter moved to LA, but everyone wanted the backup anyway (SO), so he will start next year. He got some PT this year.)

RB- We are losing 2 of our main RB's. (Lewis and Holmes)
We will still have Flannel, Johnican, and maybe the incoming 8th grader (Floyd Bess) We will have plenty of talent there)

FB- We have 2. 1 is graduating (The main FB)

WR- We are graduating 4 of our 5 main Wr's.

TE- We had a few different TE's..... depends on the package we were in, but the main 2 are graduating.

O line- We have 2 Starters returning with 1 more who got significant PT.

Offense we will return about 4 players.... depends on if you count the players who rotated in.

Defensively... not much.

We will return Johnican at LB as well as Maret at LB and Hernandez at S, or CB.

We had like 2 players rotate on the DL that weren't seniors, but all of the starters were seniors I think.

So, on D we return 3.

4/3......:doh:

Well..... we should be able to score some.... but We won't be able to stop many teams early. Hoepfully the coach can get the D going by district.

We might can get some of those athletes to run both ways a little.

Backup QB this year played a little LB/S...

Maybe a playoff berth? Depends on the other teams talent returning I assume.

Wharton looks to be in good shape, I would assume, and you can just about throw Sweeny in there every year.

WylieBulldog92
11-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan

We had 3-1 this year I believe?

WylieBulldog92
11-13-2008, 05:02 PM
I think its

2-4
or
3-4
next year

87 TIGER
11-13-2008, 05:03 PM
I'm not sure but just off the top of my head .
Offense QB,3 linemen all skill positions return
Defense 2 lineman,1 linebacker
so it looks like return 7/8
But Alcoa may take the rest of the team

Necks_Fan
11-13-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
We had 3-1 this year I believe? As in, you only returned 4 starters from 2007?

Dang. Then that's saying something about this season. :) :clap:

lostaussie
11-13-2008, 05:12 PM
we bring back everybody................lose maybe a couple starters..........maybe.

Necks_Fan
11-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
we bring back everybody................lose maybe a couple starters..........maybe. Seriously?????

The teams don't stand a chance next year then.:doh: :doh: :doh:

Should be quite the show next year.

IHStangFan
11-13-2008, 05:20 PM
I am not certain on our situation...but I believe we return our QB and 1 or 2 of our RBs. The OL will be back except for 1 or 2...and not sure on D.

Pudlugger
11-13-2008, 05:41 PM
La Grange returns everyone on offense except #4 Bunch a WR.
On defense they will lose a DE, CB and safety.
They return the kicker and the punter.
The backups are strong and so is the jv so they should be pretty salty next year.

duckhunter
11-13-2008, 05:50 PM
why is it that all the posters who start threads about returning players, next years team, next years standings, etc. are the posters who's teams arent in the playoffs:eek:

waterboy
11-13-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
we bring back everybody................lose maybe a couple starters..........maybe.
If I'm not mistaken, we have only 3 seniors starting on this year's team. I think there's a total of 8 (including starters) that see playing time, only about 5 of them get significant PT. So....yeah, we will be back in title contention next year, too. I just hope we don't have to wait till next year for a title........maybe 2 in a row?:D

Necks_Fan
11-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
why is it that all the posters who start threads about returning players, next years team, next years standings, etc. are the posters who's teams arent in the playoffs:eek: Because they are already thinking about next season. DUH!

They are no longer in it, so think about the future.

Is there something wrong with that?:confused:

cshscougar08
11-13-2008, 06:46 PM

Why are you talking about next year already? Shouldn't you be focusing on the playoffs? Oh wait. . . . ;)

Troybuilt
11-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Why are you talking about next year already? Shouldn't you be focusing on the playoffs? Oh wait. . . . ;)

How many senior starters do ya'll have this year

cshscougar08
11-13-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Troybuilt
How many senior starters do ya'll have this year

No quite sure on senior STARTERS, but I do know that there are 34 seniors on the roster. Over half the team. We're gonna be young next year.

TigerFan51
11-13-2008, 08:21 PM
We should be in good shape next year. We really didn't have THAT many seniors that actually are starters. It's rather deceiving that we have 22 seniors on the roster because not that many started. We have some on JV that ought to be real asets to the team as well as an eighth grade QB that I understand is extremely talented. He's already close to 6' and can throw AND run like no tomorrow. Maybe he's good enough they'll try him on varsity before the season is out next year. He won't have to "learn" the system since they started teaching the offense that's used at the high school level to the junior high boys. It used to be that the junior high coaches did their own thing and then when they got to high school it was something different. This also ought to be a real advantage that the boys coming up will already know the system and it won't be necessary to have to reteach!

navscanmaster
11-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Navasota should return:

4 Offensive (3 Line + 1 FB)
8 Defensive (3 Line + 2 LB + 1 CB + 2 S)

Prominent graduates include three years starters Jackson (WR - TAMU), Pratt (RB - LSU), Stokes (QB), and Castillo (LB).

However, the JV went 7-0-1 this season, and the 8th graders are believed to be able to slaughter the freshmen by all the coaching staff. Maybe we will see some great athletes make the early varsity jump???

WylieBulldog92
11-13-2008, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Navasota should return:

4 Offensive (3 Line + 1 FB)
8 Defensive (3 Line + 2 LB + 1 CB + 2 S)

Prominent graduates include three years starters Jackson (WR - TAMU), Pratt (RB - LSU), Stokes (QB), and Castillo (LB).

However, the JV went 7-0-1 this season, and the 8th graders are believed to be able to slaughter the freshmen by all the coaching staff. Maybe we will see some great athletes make the early varsity jump???
That last part can be misleading, the freshmen could be really bad haha.

grahampaw
11-13-2008, 10:31 PM
Graham had a couple of seniors hurt in the last game that left all 11 on offense returning(one WR shared time with a senior)and 8 out of 11 returning on Defense in a 30-13 win over Breck.

easttexas3a
11-13-2008, 11:48 PM
Gilmer I believe will return 9 on Off and 8 on Def.

Sweetwater Red
11-13-2008, 11:50 PM

Off the top of my head, this is how it is in Columbia.

QB- (Our Starter moved to LA, but everyone wanted the backup anyway (SO), so he will start next year. He got some PT this year.)

RB- We are losing 2 of our main RB's. (Lewis and Holmes)
We will still have Flannel, Johnican, and maybe the incoming 8th grader (Floyd Bess) We will have plenty of talent there)

FB- We have 2. 1 is graduating (The main FB)

WR- We are graduating 4 of our 5 main Wr's.

TE- We had a few different TE's..... depends on the package we were in, but the main 2 are graduating.

O line- We have 2 Starters returning with 1 more who got significant PT.

Offense we will return about 4 players.... depends on if you count the players who rotated in.

Defensively... not much.

We will return Johnican at LB as well as Maret at LB and Hernandez at S, or CB.

We had like 2 players rotate on the DL that weren't seniors, but all of the starters were seniors I think.

So, on D we return 3.

Well..... we should be able to score some.... but We won't be able to stop many teams early. Hoepfully the coach can get the D going by district.

We might can get some of those athletes to run both ways a little.

Backup QB this year played a little LB/S...

Maybe a playoff berth? Depends on the other teams talent returning I assume.

Wharton looks to be in good shape, I would assume, and you can just about throw Sweeny in there every year.

It doesn't matter...

We were picked to finish 5th in our district with our kids...

Now, it's a toss up up beteen us and the 2 time defending champs.:thinking:

Daddy D 11
11-14-2008, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
Gilmer I believe will return 9 on Off and 8 on Def.

I don't like that at all:eek:

LH will return 1 on offense (Junior FB Ryan Fickel) and 1 on defense (Senior LB Brad Esch)

Look for LH to drop off some in 2009.

dachosenone
11-14-2008, 12:22 PM
BELLVILLE BRAHMAS!

4 OFF

7 DEF (1 Guy not accounted for in & out the starting lineup)

STAggie
11-14-2008, 01:44 PM
I believe Sealy will be returning:

7 offense
5 or 6 of defense

Will be ready for next year too. The only thing that will be a struggle will be a new QB, but it was the same this year and we have been alright. Should be fun to watch.

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

LH will return 1 on offense (Junior FB Ryan Fickel) and 1 on defense (Senior LB Brad Esch)

Some, maybe, but I doubt much. Several were fighting for a starting position and have lots of PT. And we have our PK back for 2 more years. :cheerl:

underware
11-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Yoakum, basically, everyone comes back. Most started as Sophs and Jrs. And now there are more Sophs starters this year! Should be another good year for the Dogs.

Come on
11-14-2008, 02:09 PM

Lost all the Rbs last year and both DEs and they are still rolling along. Its the BLUE 200!

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Come on
Its the BLUE 200!
:clap: :clap:

Necks_Fan
11-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Let's shift the direction a bit.

How many STAR game changers will return next year?

1 trhat comes to mind is Trent Jackson of Cuero.

Any more that could potentially be a HUGE asset to his team?

Phantom Stang
11-14-2008, 02:58 PM

I look for em to drop off week after next.:stirpot:

Ingleside Fan
11-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Should be 8 both sides of the ball? :D 6 starters are graduating.

JR2004
11-14-2008, 05:36 PM
We bring back just about everyone of consequence. We're a sophomore and junior dominated team this season. All our best players are in those two classes.

Come on
11-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
I look for em to drop off week after next.:stirpot:

And you will be Wrong! They will be in stride by then and you all will be done.:)