4 Colt McCoy 77.96 7 28 180.3
5 Chase Daniel 76.11 10 28 172.4
7 Graham Harrell 71.71 5 36 169.2
8 Tim Tebow 64.95 2 17 167.1

I will go first. Tebow!

1) Best TD to Int percentage
2) Short yardage threat to run
3) Similar offensive numbers yet playing against much better defenses***

***Tebow has played or will play against 9 defenses that rank higher than any Big 12 defense! Tebow played or will play against numbers 3, 4, 5, 8, 15, 24, 28, 38, and 44. OU is the best of the big 12 ranked #51.

Necks_Fan
11-13-2008, 04:25 PM
I'll go with the guy not on that list....

Crabtree....

Take Chase Daniel off of it.

And because he is REDICULOUS on the field.

OrangeChamps
11-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I'll go with the guy not on that list....

Crabtree....

Take Chase Daniel off of it.

And because he is REDICULOUS on the field.

I'm guessing you didn't see the QB part. But Crabtree is ridiculous.

BleedOrange
11-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Who is the best QB in college. Give three reasons why your guy over these guys

Rank Player Pcomp Int TDs Rating
2 Sam Bradford 67.88 6 38 188.9
4 Colt McCoy 77.96 7 28 180.3
5 Chase Daniel 76.11 10 28 172.4
7 Graham Harrell 71.71 5 36 169.2
8 Tim Tebow 64.95 2 17 167.1

I will go first. Tebow!

1) Best TD to Int percentage
2) Short yardage threat to run
3) Similar offensive numbers yet playing against much better defenses***

***Tebow has played or will play against 9 defenses that rank higher than any Big 12 defense! Tebow played or will play against numbers 3, 4, 5, 8, 15, 24, 28, 38, and 44. OU is the best of the big 12 ranked #51.

Just maybe its the weak SEC offenses. I think the defenses of the Big 12 would fare much better with SEC competition. SEC is nowhere near the conference as the Big 12 this year.

Necks_Fan
11-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by OrangeChamps
I'm guessing you didn't see the QB part. But Crabtree is ridiculous. I could have SWORN it said who is your pick for the heisman..... but W/e....

Out of those.... Harrell because his team is undefeated and he has pounded EVERYONE in his way.

TTU O line should get an award as well. They are INSANE good.

WylieBulldog92
11-13-2008, 04:39 PM
I could have SWORN it said who is your pick for the heisman..... but W/e....

Out of those.... Harrell because his team is undefeated and he has pounded EVERYONE in his way.

You should get a thread where we copy and paste every time you say something stupid:devil:

:D

Reds fan
11-13-2008, 05:09 PM

Agreed on Harrell, and that offensive line in addition to INSANE good is HUGE!

HM33
11-13-2008, 05:13 PM
I think Tebow. I'm a huge Tech fan but I look at it as going to the next level of play and Tebow has the best shot of them. Oh how about that Tulsa QB? his numbers probably are as great as these but his QB'ing skills are amazing.

gatordaze
11-13-2008, 05:22 PM

Sorry Necks I hosed you and changed it to QB's as anything else could not be compared.

As for as SEC v. Big 12. Do you really think that it is the Big 12 offenses that make the Big 12 defenses so statistically inferior to the majority of college football (everyone below #51 of 119) or is it that Big 12 is offensively focused and they are not recruiting the best defensive players?

Necks_Fan
11-13-2008, 05:25 PM
Sorry Necks I hosed you and changed it to QB's as anything else could not be compared. I figured that you had, but I didn;t want to say something that was ACTUALLY dumb, and have WB92 on my case about it again.

I knew I wasn't blind. Lol.

Anyway, I already gave my thoughts on the QB. Harrell for sure.

You should list the Yds, and Yds/game. Then it would be obvious.

BleedOrange
11-13-2008, 05:32 PM
I think the Big 12 offenses have a great deal to do with it. Unfortunately, the only SEC vs. Big 12 game I am aware of this year was Arkansas vs. Texas. Texas held them to a lower point total than any other team (10) with the exception of Florida (7). However, Texas gave up only 191 yards to Arkansas versus 361 given up by Florida. I think since this is the only comparison available I will have to go with it which is a clear advantage for the Big 12.

cshscougar08
11-13-2008, 05:38 PM
I would also agree that the offenses of the Big 12 have an impact on the statistics of the Big 12 defenses. When you have offenses that are that great, you know that you're not going to totally be able to shut them down. Take for example, the OU vs. Texas game. The Texas defense shut us down. That term shut down also included allowing 35 points and over 400 yards of offense. So yes the offenses are making the defenses look bad.

BleedOrange
11-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Just another note on the Texas Florida game. Texas only gave up 3 points on defense. The touchdown by Arkansas was a fumble return.

gatordaze
11-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
I would also agree that the offenses of the Big 12 have an impact on the statistics of the Big 12 defenses. When you have offenses that are that great, you know that you're not going to totally be able to shut them down. Take for example, the OU vs. Texas game. The Texas defense shut us down. That term shut down also included allowing 35 points and over 400 yards of offense. So yes the offenses are making the defenses look bad.

By the same logic, could the SEC have "great" defenses that are making the SEC offenses look bad?

As the old saying goes defense wins championships! Looks like we will get to see this year as I am sure that the Big 10 will NOT be represented

JasperDog94
11-13-2008, 05:49 PM
The thing I will say about McCoy is that he has almost no running game to support him and no big time receiver, yet he gets the job done. If that kid makes the interception at the end of the Tech game, everyone is still talking about McCoy. But that's just how it goes. You not only have to be a great QB, you have to have a defense to support you.

BleedOrange
11-13-2008, 06:24 PM
By the same logic, could the SEC have "great" defenses that are making the SEC offenses look bad?

As the old saying goes defense wins championships! Looks like we will get to see this year as I am sure that the Big 10 will NOT be represented

Did you mean Big 10 or Big 12? I think everyone knows the Big 10 won't be represented. However, I am certain the Big 12 will. I can only hope for a Big 12 SEC matchup but it may not happen.

gatordaze
11-13-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
Did you mean Big 10 or Big 12? I think everyone knows the Big 10 won't be represented. However, I am certain the Big 12 will. I can only hope for a Big 12 SEC matchup but it may not happen.

I meant Big 10. The last two years have been a joke! I don't see how it can be anything but SEC champ v. Big 12 champ

eagles_victory
11-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Colt Mccoy is actually my guy since I am a Texas fan but my vote goes to Graham Harrell.

My top two are Harrell one and Bradford two. The numbers on both guys are amazing but Harrell gets the edge right now due to the fact that his team is undefeated.

I have Mccoy at 3 because he has had a great season considering having less talent around him than the other 3 guys and leading his team like a true great Qb does. Only knock on Mccoys chances are his numbers arent quite Harrell and Bradford numbers so he was kind of riding the best player on the best team thing to the heisman (lot like Dirk did for NBA MVP 2 years ago). Now that Texas isnt one its hard for me to put him as the heisman.

Tebow just dont see him as being up there with the Big 12 guys this season. He has inflated numbers on rushing touchdowns because he is the teams short yardage back his passing numbers are good but he is in a different kind of offense with great talent around him where he has recievers that make a lot of plays. I love Tebow and how he plays the game just not a repeat heisman winner in my opinion.

My heisman top 5 voting goes like this

1. Graham Harrell
2. Sam Bradford
3. Colt Mccoy
4. Tim Tebow
5. Micheal Crabtree

WylieBulldog92
11-13-2008, 07:46 PM
I figured that you had, but I didn;t want to say something that was ACTUALLY dumb, and have WB92 on my case about it again.

I knew I wasn't blind. Lol.

Anyway, I already gave my thoughts on the QB. Harrell for sure.

You should list the Yds, and Yds/game. Then it would be obvious.
Apologies?

Eagle 1
11-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Graham Harrell.
Anymore questions?

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z214/jmakers/TechvsTexas361.jpg

JasperDog94
11-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Graham Harrell.
Anymore questions?

You just keep talkin...:)

Panther One
11-13-2008, 08:40 PM
Nate Davis, Ball State.

NastySlot
11-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Just maybe its the weak SEC offenses. I think the defenses of the Big 12 would fare much better with SEC competition. SEC is nowhere near the conference as the Big 12 this year.

wrong....the sec is now where near as strong as the big xii south.......as an overall conference...imo it's stronger....big xii is the strongest division and if it were a conference it would be.

WylieBulldog92
11-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
wrong....the sec is now where near as strong as the big xii south.......as an overall conference...imo it's stronger....big xii is the strongest division and if it were a conference it would be.
But the Big XII is a conference?

handNthedirt
11-13-2008, 10:56 PM
Big XII = Offense.....Big XII defenses are weak so the offenses put up big numbers.

SEC = Defense.....tenacity and SPEED.

Because defense wins championships SEC will wear the fat championship jewelry.

And TEBOW is the best qb in the land because he's putting up those numbers vs top rated defenses.

un b weavable
11-13-2008, 11:07 PM
I think the Big 12 offenses have a great deal to do with it. Unfortunately, the only SEC vs. Big 12 game I am aware of this year was Arkansas vs. Texas. Texas held them to a lower point total than any other team (10) with the exception of Florida (7). However, Texas gave up only 191 yards to Arkansas versus 361 given up by Florida. I think since this is the only comparison available I will have to go with it which is a clear advantage for the Big 12.

Oh yeah, real clear advantage :rolleyes:

Arkansas may be the only common opponent between the two conferences, but this is a terrible comparison to determine which conference is better. You can't base the strength of a conference on how a single team performed against a crappy Arkansas team.

The Big XII has 4 very good teams, but the rest of the conference is kinda weak. I still think the SEC is the better overall conference. If Florida and Texas were to play, I think Florida wins.

RMAC
11-13-2008, 11:11 PM
Top to bottom, SEC hands down. Now, Big 12 top 6 v. SEC top 6, I think Big 12 wins 4 or 5 games.

WylieBulldog92
11-13-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Top to bottom, SEC hands down. Now, Big 12 top 6 v. SEC top 6, I think Big 12 wins 4 or 5 games.
Then that begs the question a top-heavy conference or a fairly balanced one?

handNthedirt
11-13-2008, 11:44 PM
A fairly balanced football conference? Are you kidding me? You're obviously down wit obama and his redistribution of wealth...rewarding the lazy for the hard work of the hard workers...whatta joke...the Country I love will come to an end with this freakin salesjob president at the helm. I wish I could strap em up again and line up against barry obama...a personal foul might be in order.

Necks_Fan
11-14-2008, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
Nate Davis, Ball State. He really isn't that good.

Ball St.'s best player was the kid that was a WR/RB that fractured his spine and is done forever.

I think his name is love or something like that. HE was their best player.

Put Davis against a "good" defense and see what he does. :rolleyes:

BleedOrange
11-14-2008, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by un b weavable
Oh yeah, real clear advantage :rolleyes:

Arkansas may be the only common opponent between the two conferences, but this is a terrible comparison to determine which conference is better. You can't base the strength of a conference on how a single team performed against a crappy Arkansas team.

The Big XII has 4 very good teams, but the rest of the conference is kinda weak. I still think the SEC is the better overall conference. If Florida and Texas were to play, I think Florida wins.