PDA

View Full Version : Jasper next year?

Gobbla2001
12-12-2002, 12:41 AM
Who all are these guys returning anyway? Any good key players, I've heard about the freshmen QB that scored against Yoe but that doesn't help me much... Our JV QB scored against Mathis in the playoffs in '97 but was only a punter on varsity...

I hear the JV went undefeated, so did the varsity (well, except for that one loss and then the technical mumbno-jumbo crap with Newton, we'll call that one a win) and they couldn't get past Region IV... So we know Jasper can get outta Region III, but can that undefeated JV and that freshmen QB get 'em past Burnet or whoever takes their place next year?

I have respect for Jasper's team and community, I hope they do well in the future, I'm now trying to down them, that stage of the season has passed us by, they are officially a 3A team now and the 4A stuff is not what they'll be known for now...

Welcome to our classification...

SETXFBFAN
12-12-2002, 10:05 AM
Jasper Next Year

Offensively

Have 2/5 Starters on the O Line back including 1st Team All District SirVincent Rogers 6'3" 280.
Have to replace QB and RB, but have Marlon Cook back who is a two time all district RB. Have 1 receiver back who was Newcomer of Year in the district as a Soph. and a couple of receivers back who played alot.

Defensively

Returning one All District DE, must replace 3 starters on the D-Line. Lost all 3 LB's. Returning 1 Safety Defensive Newcomer of Year in District.

Undefeated JV group will help, Freshman group was pretty salty too. Jasper will be just fine next year.

SETXFBFAN
12-12-2002, 10:09 AM
Also Marlon Cook proved to be a reliable kicker in the last 3 playoff games , punter is back who came on strong in the playoffs and deep snapper is back. So Special Teams should be a strength.

Old Cardinal
12-12-2002, 12:33 PM
To Gobba: Jasper will come back with a good team. They have a huge 9th grade team. Bridge City also had a huge fast 9th grade team that beat Jasper 12-0: both never lost another contest. To assume that Jasper will automatically win Region III, shows that you live a long way away. They could--- however, Barbers Hill, Bridge City, Cleveland, and Elgin will also be in the hunt.

Gobbla2001
12-12-2002, 07:53 PM
Never said next year's Jasper Varsity could get out of Region three, there JV didn't lose a game in Region 3, correct? Okay, so they're good there, they got out this year on varsity, correct? Just saying they haven't played Region 4 yet, that's all, maybe they'll be like Everman next year and win it all, WHO KNOWS, that's why I was asking and starting a discussion...