PDA

View Full Version : Pregame superstitions?

8HR
11-12-2008, 10:04 PM
We always hear about players having superstitions? How about our 3A Downlow fans? What are your pregame superstitions?

Looking4number8
11-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by 8HR
We always hear about players having superstitions? How about our 3A Downlow fans? What are your pregame superstitions?

I have worn the same underware to every game for the last five years... threw them out the window (in sweetwater) on the way home from Snyder last friday.

Stownhorse
11-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Thats what that smell was when I drove through.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2008, 11:14 PM
I wear my Thursday Pirate shirt once i get home from work and then on Friday my Friday Pirate shirt, works so far :D

sinton66
11-13-2008, 12:56 AM
I visit a local witch doctor and pay for a spell on the opposition.:evil:

coachkiss
11-13-2008, 12:59 AM
Home games...tailgate at the old baseball field across the creek...walk across to the victory line in Bobcat Alley...go to my spot in the end zone...pretend I'm Triple H when the players run down to that end...cheer loud the whole game...go out on the field and tell the players they did well after the game.

Away games...Ipod on the way to the game with that week's playlist...eat at restaurant...go to game but not victory line...cheer loud...drive home.

Almost forgot....listen to "The Way I Are" by Timbaland every week before the game.

BOCEPHUS
11-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I have worn the same underware to every game for the last five years...

I DUN DRANK THE SAME BEER FOR THE LAST 25 YEARS, ....."COLD" I MEAN

3afan
11-13-2008, 09:52 AM
JITB tacos?

http://twentypeacefulminutes.com/forums/Smileys/default/biggthumpup.gif

HM33
11-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Well when I played in High School, I had a lot of them. Every Friday, I would wear the same pants, belt, shirt, and shoes. My socks and underwear had to be black. I would listen to the same CD in the same order and when I showed up in the morning, one of the OL guys would stand at my window and we would jam out to a song (same song every week). Eat lunch same place and order same thing. Game time comes around, I never took off my socks, right shoe first, watch went in left pocket, livestrong braclet in right pocket. I was always last one out of lockerroom sitting by the exit door. Behind the break through sign I would get an OL (same one everyweek) to strech my hammies and calfs. and I would always walk through the sign untill i got to the end of the row of totters/cheerleader. Oh and me and a cheerleader always bumped elbows before the sign break through.

gibby
11-13-2008, 10:35 AM
I wear red boxers when the Red Raiders are playing and Purple when Wylie plays. My son from Lubbock ('89 Dawg) and I exchange hats early in the season. I always buy him a new Wylie hat and he always gives me the cappiest Home Depot hat he can find. Big joke. Now I have to wear this crappy hat for the rest of the season.

pancho villa
11-13-2008, 02:20 PM
I only had a post game superstition. To go to church and say a prayer for the guys I hurt during the game.

bullpen
11-13-2008, 05:32 PM
On the way to the game I buy a bag of peanut M&Ms but don't open them till after kickoff. My kid opened his early and we got blown out by a 3 touchdown dog (that was the day he learned the power of the unopened package). It is a superstition I got from my dad and past down to my boys.

Necks_Fan
11-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by bullpen
On the way to the game I buy a bag of peanut M&Ms but don't open them till after kickoff. My kid opened his early and we got blown out by a 3 touchdown dog (that was the day he learned the power of the unopened package). It is a superstition I got from my dad and past down to my boys. Which team? :thinking:

handNthedirt
11-15-2008, 12:49 AM
When I played it was vomit early hard and often...when I was coachin it was to get my d'line as amped as possible....get them to smash early hard and often. I miss both.