PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Basketball

duckhunter
11-12-2008, 06:52 PM
how has the team looked so far this year?

mwynn05
11-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
how has the team looked so far this year? cant play til the 18th

duckhunter
11-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
cant play til the 18th ?
practice started oct. 29

im sure somebody has some info on the team

Brahma84
11-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Lots of basketball players on the football team. Probably(hopefully) are not thinking about basketball just yet.

mwynn05
11-12-2008, 09:42 PM
?
practice started oct. 29

im sure somebody has some info on the team i know that...most smaller schools dont really start til after football

bullpen
11-13-2008, 05:57 PM
My guess and just a guess. C Smith at the 5, D Dodd at the 3 or 4 (after football), J browning at the 4 or 3 (after football), Mikey F at the point and Mimi at the 2 with a number of quality subs getting big min. I think they will be good, could be great. The jr class has a lot of talent and they have exceptional leadership coming from the Seniors.

duckhunter
11-13-2008, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by bullpen
My guess and just a guess. C Smith at the 5, D Dodd at the 3 or 4 (after football), J browning at the 4 or 3 (after football), Mikey F at the point and Mimi at the 2 with a number of quality subs getting big min. I think they will be good, could be great. The jr class has a lot of talent and they have exceptional leadership coming from the Seniors. could be great? wow! havent heard those words mentioned with bellville basketball in quite a few years.

MJMbrahmas10
11-14-2008, 12:17 AM
1 Ramiro orduna(sr)
2 Todd Williams(sr)
3 Josh Browning(sr)football.
4 Dallas Dodd(sr)football.
5 Colton Smith(sr)

coming off the bench
*Jacquez polk(jr)football.
Julian Kenned(jr)football.
Kai ishmael(sr)
rarren buchanon(sr)
mike trevino(jr)
chris medina(sr) unsure if hes playing.
(football)
these are the key players for this years team. all have experienced the varsity level of play last year all but three of these players were moved up and down from jv to varsity majority of last year and this year is what they have been waiting for and talking about since their early jr high days. from watching back in the "nick mosely era" not saying anyone is a nick mosely talent(no way) but this is the most talent depth wise bellville has probably ever seen so im seeing high hopes for bellville basketball this year. give both classes of 2009 & 2010 credit for their dedication over the past years for the love of the game which bellville also hasnt had probably ever. this is the year for bellville basketball.

MJMbrahmas10
11-14-2008, 12:19 AM
correction*
josh browning(jr)

bullpen
11-14-2008, 10:41 AM
I was going off the top of my head but MJMbrahmas10's starting 5 sounds correct to me. Todd W has an excellent outside shot and can certainly fill up the basket. We both agree this could be a very good year for Bellville. Until football ends (and I'm in no hurry for that) we may be a little thin, but once at full strength we should be able to sub with little if any drop off in talent. Look out!

trg
11-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by bullpen
I was going off the top of my head but MJMbrahmas10's starting 5 sounds correct to me. Todd W has an excellent outside shot and can certainly fill up the basket. We both agree this could be a very good year for Bellville. Until football ends (and I'm in no hurry for that) we may be a little thin, but once at full strength we should be able to sub with little if any drop off in talent. Look out!

I agree. I think this is going to be a great year for Bellville Basketball.

MJMbrahmas10
11-26-2008, 04:18 PM
the basketball team much like the football team good and fun to watch. they cruised over fayetteville 77 - 58(not too sure) and beat bookshire who looked like a pretty decent group of boys that can play ball but our boys with a 5 man rotation proved to be too much for brookshire. todd williams had over 5 3-pointshots and the "big man" colton smith slamming it in for two power dunks(which we havent ever seen). if they can play like this with 5 men i wanna see how good they will be when their football players get back. but no rush for that football keep winning and our 5 man rotation will too.

AggiesAreWe
11-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Lets hope you guys can improve on last year's team. I watched my Silsbee Tiger team totally dismantle that Bellville team last year in the playoffs, 85-56. It wasn't even that close.

My Tigers are actually better this year than last, that's after them going to the state tourney last year in Austin, losing to eventual state champ Kennedale in the semis.

Silsbee will be back in Austin again.

My question, did Bellville stay in region 3 or did they get moved over to region 4?

Brahma84
11-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Region 4

AggiesAreWe
11-26-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
Region 4

In that case, let's hope we see you guys in Austin.

Gobbla2001
11-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
cant play til the 18th

non-playoff and playing-losing teams are already playing down here...

dachosenone
11-26-2008, 06:48 PM
I think the Bellville coach is doing a great job with the few players that he has participating.

It leads me to believe we need to promote our JV coach to a permanent position on the varsity staff.

GO BULLS! 2-0

MJMbrahmas10
11-26-2008, 07:58 PM
the jv coach has been doing a great job. he really drew some attention last year when he proved with a little talent he could put together a winning season and not just a barely over 500 season a dominating season with only 3 losses for the whole year. beginnng of the year he had kids that stood out so the head coach would bring those up and they still found a way to score 60 pts a game. he believed in defense made your offense and they scored 50 of those 60 points off the fastbreak. Coach Thompkins is a great coach would love to see him in charge one day. He's also 2 - 0 this year.

Johnny Utah
11-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Bellville is well coached, no doubt, have some great athletes...no doubt, but they will not win region 4 in hoops.

KL3
11-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Charles Tompkins was 2 years ahead of me in high school and he was a great player for Hempstead. He was MVP of our district. My sophomore year we played at Hempstead and he threw down the hardest 2 handed dunk I had ever seen in person.

Who is the varsity coach? Collier?

MJMbrahmas10
12-04-2008, 03:13 PM
bellville has beaten sealy 70-47. colton smith had 18 pts kai and ishmael and todd williams added 16 each. smithville and sealy both were favored over bellville to win district. go bulls

trg
12-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Great job Bulls!!!! Congrats on the win!!! Way to go to Smith, Ishmael and especially Williams. Good job guys. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to get to a game to see ya'll play.

MJMbrahmas10
12-04-2008, 04:02 PM
bellville has only 5 true varsity players the rest are just there till football come backs, sealy has there whole team, so either look out for bellville to make a run or sealy just is that horrible

trg
12-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
bellville has only 5 true varsity players the rest are just there till football come backs, sealy has there whole team, so either look out for bellville to make a run or sealy just is that horrible

Either way. Good job Bulls on the win. I think Bellville will be a force when district gets here.

STAggie
12-04-2008, 04:25 PM

When was the game? I know the football players first day back was this Monday. If you think a few days of practice makes a guy coming straight from football ready for basketball season, you have better learn about the game. Also, it was nice to hear Sealy had to have tryouts this year due to the large turnout for the team. Things sure have changed around Sealy.

MJMbrahmas10
12-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
When was the game? I know the football players first day back was this Monday. If you think a few days of practice makes a guy coming straight from football ready for basketball season, you have better learn about the game. Also, it was nice to hear Sealy had to have tryouts this year due to the large turnout for the team. Things sure have changed around Sealy.

ok well if its about the number of days of practice they had.....with football and thanksgiving holidays bellville has maybe had a full week of practice to get their boys ready and they are 3-0. if the whole sealy basketball team cant take care of 5 players whats gonna happen when they have over a 12 man roster who are just as good if not better then the 5 already playing for bellville? just give props to bellville.

trg
12-04-2008, 04:51 PM
ok well if its about the number of days of practice they had.....with football and thanksgiving holidays bellville has maybe had a full week of practice to get their boys ready and they are 3-0. if the whole sealy basketball team cant take care of 5 players whats gonna happen when they have over a 12 man roster who are just as good if not better then the 5 already playing for bellville? just give props to bellville.

And don't forget MJM that some of those players might be coming off other sports.

Necks_Fan
12-04-2008, 04:51 PM
When the playoffs come, 26 will sweep 25 in the first round.

STAggie
12-04-2008, 05:08 PM

I wasn't taking anything away from Bellville but it is absurd to say Sealy isn't good. Technically they have had two days of practice as Monday was an actual try out. I believe our whole starting five played football and I know that at least four out of the five were palyers who played a lot of downs, while your five players who may have only had a week of practice have been getting ready for basketball season all year. Don't get to full of yourself and count out Sealy. I promise that Dabney will have those boys firing on all cylinders come district and then we will see if Bellville is all they claim they are.

STAggie
12-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan

Highly doubt that. Sweeny, Wharton and Royal are all good teams but I doubt that all three get wins in the first round.

duckhunter
12-04-2008, 05:37 PM
ok well if its about the number of days of practice they had.....with football and thanksgiving holidays bellville has maybe had a full week of practice to get their boys ready and they are 3-0. if the whole sealy basketball team cant take care of 5 players whats gonna happen when they have over a 12 man roster who are just as good if not better then the 5 already playing for bellville? just give props to bellville. 3-0 don't mean much when you play fayettville, and rice.

as for the comment bout d-25 being swept, bellville has already beaten royal this year.;)

Reds fan
12-04-2008, 05:42 PM

Kinda a bold statement from a district that had 2nd and 3rd place teams lose in the first round, although the district winner did get to the second round before losing...oh wait they got a bye to get there.:eek: :D

MJMbrahmas10
12-04-2008, 06:36 PM
I wasn't taking anything away from Bellville but it is absurd to say Sealy isn't good. Technically they have had two days of practice as Monday was an actual try out. I believe our whole starting five played football and I know that at least four out of the five were palyers who played a lot of downs, while your five players who may have only had a week of practice have been getting ready for basketball season all year. Don't get to full of yourself and count out Sealy. I promise that Dabney will have those boys firing on all cylinders come district and then we will see if Bellville is all they claim they are.

well im just someone who made predictions at the beginning of the season and was excited after our boys beat a playoff team like brookshire and gave a sealy, a team who was favored over us this year, a good spankin to start off a season just like yall sealy people did after yall beat us in football. i could use numerous of good excuses why the game had went sealys way in the end but we just took the loss said good job sealy and went to the next week.

Necks_Fan
12-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Apparently y'all don't realize that Stafford AND Sweeny are both ranked iun the top 15 in the state and both undefeated now.

Whoever out of 25 draws the 3rd place team in 26, has a CHANCE.

Who will that be? IDK. Maybe Needville, WC, Or Wharton.

Wont' be Royal.

IDK why you guys seem to think Royal will be good????

They will most likely be near the bottom in 26-3A.

26>25

Stafford and Sweeny are going to SMOKE whoever they get from 25.

Good luck.

Sounds like Bellville is pretty good, they have a legit chance of knowcking off one of those or whipping the dog Snot out our 3rd place team, but hey, that's the fun in a prediction.

I think 26 can do it.

JR2004
12-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Apparently y'all don't realize that Stafford AND Sweeny are both ranked iun the top 15 in the state and both undefeated now.

Wont' be Royal.

26>25

Good luck.

Sounds like Bellville is pretty good, they have a legit chance of knowcking off one of those or whipping the dog Snot out our 3rd place team, but hey, that's the fun in a prediction.

I think 26 can do it.

District 11 is where it's at! Send your best up to play our best!

duckhunter
12-04-2008, 11:09 PM

Wont' be Royal.

26>25

Good luck.

I think 26 can do it. another typical d-26 supporter. yes might have some top ranked teams EARLY in the season, doesnt mean they will be there down the road. reminds me of a top 10 ranked pre-season football team from that district this year. :thinking:

i'm not saying that d-26 wont sweep d-25 in the playoffs but what i am saying in that it is early in the season, SOME TEAMS dont have all their players back yet and it is awfully early to be making predictions on playoff sweeps by district. for a future aggie you dont have much common sense, maybe that why you going to school in college station????

mwynn05
12-04-2008, 11:10 PM

Wont' be Royal.

26>25

Good luck.

I think 26 can do it. dude rankings in November mean NOTHING

duckhunter
12-04-2008, 11:13 PM
i love how he said they are undefetead. what have they played, a whole 5 games?????:clap: :clap: not to mention that they were prolly cupcakes

Necks_Fan
12-04-2008, 11:45 PM
another typical d-26 supporter. yes might have some top ranked teams EARLY in the season, doesnt mean they will be there down the road. reminds me of a top 10 ranked pre-season football team from that district this year. :thinking:

i'm not saying that d-26 wont sweep d-25 in the playoffs but what i am saying in that it is early in the season, SOME TEAMS dont have all their players back yet and it is awfully early to be making predictions on playoff sweeps by district. for a future aggie you dont have much common sense, maybe that why you going to school in college station???? Lol. Are you crazy?

There was NO top 10 team in 26 in football at ANY time this year.

Dude, lighten up..... it was just a prediction. Sheesh. I don't need the personal attacks.

And way to cap on all Aggies?

If you don't mind me asking, where did you go to college at?

duckhunter
12-04-2008, 11:50 PM
Lol. Are you crazy?

There was NO top 10 team in 26 in football at ANY time this year.

Dude, lighten up..... it was just a prediction. Sheesh. I don't need the personal attacks.

And way to cap on all Aggies?

If you don't mind me asking, where did you go to college at? i was enrolled in the COLLEGE of business and i went to UNIVERSITY at a well known school located here in tx. nuff said. secondly u r correct bout no team in d-26. i was thinking bout sealy, and i was thinking in last year alighnment. my bad on that. but i do stand by everything else i said. WHOOP

mwynn05
12-04-2008, 11:59 PM
i love how he said they are undefetead. what have they played, a whole 5 games?????:clap: :clap: not to mention that they were prolly cupcakes well i would say the team i support is undefeated and were they're only 8-0 but they weren't exactly cupcakes games either

BOCEPHUS
12-05-2008, 06:21 AM
NOT EXACTLY THE THREAD U BE A WANT'EN ON THE FRONT PAGE DAY OF 1/4 FINAL FOOTBALL GAME, BUT WHAT THE H3LL........I BUPM'R BACK UP TO THE TOP FER Y'ALL, DON'T KNOW NUTHEN BOUT NO THUMP THUMP THOUGH, SO I CAN'T TELL U HOW IT IS AS I SEE IT, CUZ............................I JUST DON'T HAVE TO SEE IT.

I_DONT_CARE
12-05-2008, 08:35 AM
reminds me of a top 10 ranked pre-season football team from that district this year. :thinking:

i was thinking bout sealy,
THAT SAME SEALY TEAM THAT BEAT BELLVILLE?????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

duckhunter
12-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
THAT SAME SEALY TEAM THAT BEAT BELLVILLE?????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: yes, the same one that lost to la grange;)

Necks_Fan
12-05-2008, 03:03 PM
i was enrolled in the COLLEGE of business and i went to UNIVERSITY at a well known school located here in tx. nuff said. secondly u r correct bout no team in d-26. i was thinking bout sealy, and i was thinking in last year alighnment. my bad on that. but i do stand by everything else i said. WHOOP Still, it was just a prediction. Seems a bit outta line to make those comments when all I did was make a prediction, but hey, if that's makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, then be my guest.

Also, it seems a bit odd to cap on a University of A&M's caliber when you are apparently afraid to represent YOUR University.

But hey, do what you please. I stand by my prediction.

Is 26 better? Maybe.

Can they sweep 25? Maybe.

Can 25 win a game or 2 or even sweep? Sure they could, I just don't think they will.

trg
12-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Good luck to the Bulls in their game this afternoon in the Brazos Tournament. Start the night off with a win in B-Ball and then we can continue it with a win against the Buffs! Go Bulls.

trg
12-10-2008, 10:12 AM
Congratulations to Bellville last night in their win over Hempstead!!! Way to go Bulls.

BrahmaMom
12-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Our varsity looks good. Yes, KL3, Collier is the varsity coach. Things have changed since you played--we have a much better program than "back in the day"! Lots of interest, too. Try to make a game or two-they are fun to watch!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
THAT SAME SEALY TEAM THAT BEAT BELLVILLE?????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Funny how you like to rag on Bellville any chance you get, also doing it as your other name, rat, seems Bellville played 2 weeks longer than sealy and 1 week longer than your team. Bellville 2-0 vs your team, more to come after Xmas!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-10-2008, 08:36 PM
3-0 don't mean much when you play fayettville

You have a problem with Fayettville?

Necks_Fan
12-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Funny how you like to rag on Bellville any chance you get, also doing it as your other name, rat, seems Bellville played 2 weeks longer than sealy and 1 week longer than your team. Bellville 2-0 vs your team, more to come after Xmas! Lol. Who is IDC's team?

I'm not wuite sure where timbuktu is. ;)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-10-2008, 08:41 PM
for a future aggie you dont have much common sense, maybe that why you going to school in college station????

You have a problem with Texas ATM?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Lol. Who is IDC's team?

You really dont know who this person is?

Necks_Fan
12-10-2008, 08:49 PM
You really dont know who this person is? No......

Am I supposed to? :doh:

Casey?

Lol.

MJMbrahmas10
12-10-2008, 11:06 PM
bellville plays in the sealy tournament tomorrow at 8 vs. el campo
and yes they are very exciting to watch with three players dunkin at ease

duckhunter
12-11-2008, 08:59 AM
a good bounce ball team is not defined as the one who has the most DUNKERS OR EXCITING PLAYERS. dunking the ball in high school basketball should be against the rules imo

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-11-2008, 09:08 AM
a good bounce ball team is not defined as the one who has the most DUNKERS OR EXCITING PLAYERS. dunking the ball in high school basketball should be against the rules imo

Problems with Fayettville, Aggies, and now dunking the ball in High School?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-11-2008, 09:21 AM
dunking the ball in high school basketball should be against the rules imo

If they were all 4 foot 2 like you, they would not have to worrie about dunking!

I_DONT_CARE
12-11-2008, 09:22 AM
Funny how you like to rag on Bellville any chance you get, also doing it as your other name, rat, seems Bellville played 2 weeks longer than sealy and 1 week longer than your team. Bellville 2-0 vs your team, more to come after Xmas!
WHO IS RAT?

STAggie
12-11-2008, 09:25 AM
Does anyone know the schedule Friday for the Sealy tournament? I want to take some of my little dribblers team after school but I am not sure about the times and if there are enough game to make it worth it.

pirate4state
12-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Funny how you like to rag on Bellville any chance you get, also doing it as your other name, rat, seems Bellville played 2 weeks longer than sealy and 1 week longer than your team. Bellville 2-0 vs your team, more to come after Xmas! LMAO! I guess this is suppose to mean you think I'm IDC? LMAO Anyone who knows ME knows I am not up and posting at 7:35 am!!! :doh:

You really need to let go of your paranoia.

Bull's-eye
12-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Bellville defeated 4A El Campo 77-64, will play Sealy in the next game. Should be a donkey stomp for Bellville. :D Don't get mad Tigers, I heard it was the Sealy JV playing the Bellville varsity. :)

STAggie
12-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Bellville defeated 4A El Campo 77-64, will play Sealy in the next game. Should be a donkey stomp for Bellville. :D Don't get mad Tigers, I heard it was the Sealy JV playing the Bellville varsity. :)

Do you know the times for any of the other games today and tomorrow. I haven't heard anything but want to go watch. I know Sealy Varsity plays tonite @ 6 but other than that I want to check out some other teams.

Bull's-eye
12-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Do you know the times for any of the other games today and tomorrow. I haven't heard anything but want to go watch.

Bellville & Sealy 5:00 pm :)

STAggie
12-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Bellville & Sealy 5:00 pm :)

Do you know anything else. I am wanting to take some of my little dribblers team to the games tomorrow after school but want to make sure there are some games going on. Also, what time is the last game tonite?

Necks_Fan
12-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Bellville defeated 4A El Campo 77-64, will play Sealy in the next game. Should be a donkey stomp for Bellville. :D Don't get mad Tigers, I heard it was the Sealy JV playing the Bellville varsity. :) Columbia beat EC too, and seems we are the 3rd best team in our district at the absolute best.

Should make for some exciting games come playoff time.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

You really need to let go of your paranoia.

Paranoia, is that something like Hell yeah 2-0 vs pirates?
Tell me where would I be paranoid? How is the Basketball, Baseball, and Softball looking in your town?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-11-2008, 04:15 PM

Why is there a JV team in this tourney? Where is this being played? sealy?

STAggie
12-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Why is there a JV team in this tourney? Where is this being played? sealy?

It is the Sealy tourny. That is pretty standard these days for the host team to put their JV up with the Varsity. Easy way to get them some quality games. When I was on JV our team went farther than the Varsity in the Schulenburg tourny. Not sure how we were allowed to play in that one though.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-11-2008, 04:19 PM
If they were all 4 foot 2 like you, they would not have to worrie about dunking!

Were is the Duck? Qwack Qwack.

pirate4state
12-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Tell me where would I be paranoid? How is the Basketball, Baseball, and Softball looking in your town?

Uh no it isn't. :doh: wow....

LOL

Basketball has never really been our strong suit, but we are coming around. You know, I say that and forget we had a state championship way back in 1996. :o I guess SINCE THEN it hasn't been our strong suit, mainly because of West Oso & Aransas Pass being in our district.

Baseball & Softball will begin practice next month. We are looking forward to yet another successful season. It will be tough in the playoffs as it is every year, but we will be there competing. Both teams have a a great core of seniors, juniors & sophs returning.

Should be another good year for us. Thanks for asking!

sinfan75
12-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Tell me where would I be paranoid? How is the Basketball, Baseball, and Softball looking in your town? At what sport is Bellville 2-0 against Sinton? Basketball?

pirate4state
12-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
At what sport is Bellville 2-0 against Sinton? Basketball? Ol FBB is just trying to set me straight.

Bellville athletics this year is 2-0 vs. Sinton athletics. VB & FB

Kinda like we were 2-0 vs. Bellville back in the '01-'02 school year. First in football, then in baseball.

It happens.

sinfan75
12-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Darn I thought was in football. I was about to set him straight.:D

pirate4state
12-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Darn I thought was in football. I was about to set him straight.:D LOL I'm glad I saved you & everyone else the trouble ;)

JR2004
12-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Basketball has never really been our strong suit, but we are coming around. You know, I say that and forget we had a state championship way back in 1996.

Well I can't call the 96 team the UNDEFEATED SINTON PIRATES, but I CAN call them the STATE CHAMPION SINTON PIRATES!

Bull's-eye
12-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Anybody notice how when talking about the current season, the teams that don't fare very well will automatically bring up the past? :thinking:

Bull's-eye
12-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Bellville 71 Sealy 46

The Brahmas move on to play Hempstead tomorrow morning at 8:00 am.

MJMbrahmas10
12-11-2008, 09:36 PM
sealys varsity lost to bellville worse than the jv did, but then again as a varsity squad you couldnt take them serious enough to play your best, and duckhunter i said nothin about being able to dunk makes your team good i said it is exciting to watch

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Bellville 71 Sealy 46

The Brahmas move on to play Hempstead tomorrow morning at 8:00 am.

8:00 pm, might go see the new sealy high school, Is the gym nice?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-11-2008, 10:14 PM
sealys varsity lost to bellville worse than the jv did, but then again as a varsity squad you couldnt take them serious enough to play your best,

Heard from a friend that was there Bellville played their JV most the game.

MJMbrahmas10
12-11-2008, 10:21 PM
well they moved two players from the jv which made the third rotation complete, but coach rotated three different teams in and each played about the same amount

pirate4state
12-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Anybody notice how when talking about the current season, the teams that don't fare very well will automatically bring up the past? :thinking: I sure have. It isn't reserved for just one team or one set of fans!

What the hell am I doing on this thread anyway? I can't stand basketball.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Anybody notice how when talking about the current season, the teams that don't fare very well will automatically bring up the past? :thinking:

Noticed that, get knocked out by the same R3 rejects twice and before Xmas.

Dogs_21
12-13-2008, 03:13 PM

Your right with this one! They got us in Football but not in BBall!!

Dogs_21
12-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Highly doubt that. Sweeny, Wharton and Royal are all good teams but I doubt that all three get wins in the first round.

Sweeny is Ranked #15 in State right now we have a squad.

Necks_Fan
12-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Dogs_21
Sweeny is Ranked #15 in State right now we have a squad. Sweeny is ranked #13, Stafford is #12, And I think whoever gets third, maybe WC.... we seem to be OK..... can get a W in atleast the first round.

Stafford is LEGIT as well.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-14-2008, 09:37 AM
Bellville played sealy last night, any score?

STAggie
12-15-2008, 09:48 AM
I watched the Bellville v Hempstead game and wasn't impressed at all. With all the talk on the board, I thought Bellville would be a dominant team but they looked like an average basketball team. I don't know if they had an off night or what but they didn't impress me at all. As far as D26, I think Needville will sneak in as the 3rd place team. I watched two of their games this weekend and they are one of the best coached teams I have seen. The run their offense and run it until it scores and that will def be something different for most of the teams in D26 as they are a lot of run and gun teams for the most part.

Bull's-eye
12-15-2008, 01:52 PM
I watched the Bellville v Hempstead game and wasn't impressed at all. With all the talk on the board, I thought Bellville would be a dominant team but they looked like an average basketball team. I don't know if they had an off night or what but they didn't impress me at all.

They had just defeated Hempstead 72-53 earlier in the week, I wonder what happened? Bellville did bounce back and defeat the Sealy varsity 81-58.

STAggie
12-16-2008, 09:25 AM
They had just defeated Hempstead 72-53 earlier in the week, I wonder what happened? Bellville did bounce back and defeat the Sealy varsity 81-58.

I was thinking the same thing, I didn't get back to see the Sealy game but they said Bellville dominated. I don't know if they had an off night Friday or what. Sealy is a very talented team who should not loose by 20 to anyone. They really need to get it together.

trg
12-16-2008, 03:10 PM
I'm thinking Bellville had an off night against Hempstead. Congrats to the Brahmas on 3rd in the tournament. Good luck the rest of the season.

venomous tat2
12-16-2008, 03:57 PM
The Rattlers won this tournament beat Hempstead by 28 or so points . I noticed no one mentioned them on this thread :thinking:

Bull's-eye
12-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
The Rattlers won this tournament beat Hempstead by 28 or so points . I noticed no one mentioned them on this thread :thinking:

I never heard any other results. Congratulations to the Rattlers, I know they got some very good basketball coaches. :)

Hoss
12-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Coaches....hahaha...you mean stud players...Navasota is 12 deep and loaded...2 WIDE bodies inside and DJ can JUMP OUT of the gym...Sweet guards, who have great handles and hit the open 3...VERY nice squad...Region 3 Champ this year!!! Go Rattlers...as for my Brahmas...they are a nice team...good for region 4...but their guards get selfish (see Hempstead II and Taylor games)(they shoot too much, when their post are killing the opposition)

Heard Coach Collier was in the Hospital when they got destroyed by Brenham by 35...Coach T even pulled both point guards during the game...sounds like they better find some guards who will run the press break and the offense, or...LONG YEAR

Bottom line....Nav would kill Bel by 35 right now...later who knows...Only way later happens is at Cameron Trny or at State...good luck to both

XMan
12-27-2008, 03:30 PM
Bellville looked like the "Bellville of old" in the game against Brenham. Brenham is not very good this year and it looked like the Brahmas might not make it to double digits for much of the afternoon. Bellville was also destroyed in the Fresh and Jv contests for whatever it is worth.