PDA

View Full Version : UT, TT & OU National Title "what ifs"

3afan
11-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Oklahoma
Oklahoma is the new Georgia. Last year, it seemed like everyone was waiting for Tennessee to blow it down the stretch so Georgia could go off to play LSU for the SEC title. If the Dawgs had won, they’d have been playing Ohio State for the national title, but instead, they didn’t get their chance to represent the East and they ended up taking it out on poor old Colt Brennan and Hawaii. This year, the offense has been so amazing and the team so dominant at times that no one would be too upset to see what Sam Bradford and company could do in Miami.

What has to happen to play for the national title …
Step One: Beat Texas Tech with ease and then get by Oklahoma State on the road. Human pollsters have a funny way of moving teams up when they win, and if OU blows out the Red Raiders and win impressively in Stillwater, the polls will quickly change. If a three-way tie is needed and it goes to the BCS rankings, expect OU to come out on top despite being currently ranked behind Texas Tech and Texas.
Step Two: Win the Big 12 title. The Sooners probably can’t play for the national title without winning the Big 12 championship. However …
Step Three: … get a groundswell of respect after being hosed by the quirky system (if OU doesn’t play for the Big 12 title).

The Deserve Factor: Picking a Big 12 South team to play for the national title appears to be on the pollsters’ can-do list. If OU beats Texas Tech and Texas wins the three-way tie-breaker and goes off to lose to the North in the championship, the pollsters might simply want OU in. To put this a different way, Texas will be out with two losses, and Texas Tech will be ranked lower than the Sooners if it loses in Norman. OU, with the one loss coming to Texas, would likely get the benefit of the doubt over everyone but, maybe, USC. OU’s schedule at the moment is the fifth toughest in America.

Texas
Texas is in a tough spot. Its one loss came on the road with Texas Tech needing to pull off the greatest play in the history of its program to win. However, the sandwich might be coming. If Texas Tech beats Oklahoma, the Longhorns are out of the Big 12 title hunt and, almost certainly, out of the national title hunt (unless there’s a ton of help). If Oklahoma beats Texas Tech and Oklahoma State, it’ll likely be playing for the Big 12 title game and Texas will be squeezed out.

Step One: Obliterate Kansas and Texas A&M. At this point, a single-digit win might as well be a loss.
Step Two: Oklahoma has to be unimpressive and sloppy in an ugly win over Texas Tech, and then it has to beat Oklahoma State.
Step Three: Texas has to be ranked highest in the BCS rankings and it has to win the Big 12 championship game, OR …
Step Four: … … Texas gets squeezed out of the Big 12 Championship, the South representative loses, and the BCSers can’t find anyone else worthy of playing the SEC champion for the national title.

The Deserve Factor: Absolutely. Having played the nation’s third toughest schedule and having lost to Texas Tech in the final second should be enough. The whole idea of a team needing to win the conference championship game to play for the national title might be suspended for a year because of the goofy tie-breaker rules. If it’s Missouri in the title game, and it beats Oklahoma or Texas Tech, Texas will get all the credit and all the benefit of the doubt after blowing away the Tigers earlier in the year.

Texas Tech
Sometimes, it’s about when you lose as much as it’s about if you lose. If Texas Tech loses to Oklahoma, it’s over. The pollsters would rank OU higher than the Red Raiders, and the standings would follow accordingly. However, Tech has it’s destiny in its hands. It’s this simple …

Step One: Beat Oklahoma …
Step Two: … beat Baylor ….
Step Three: … beat the North representative ….
Step Four: … go to Miami. OR …
Step Five: … Texas Tech loses a nail-biter to OU and gets squeezed out of the Big 12 Championship, the South representative loses, and the BCSers can’t find anyone else worthy of playing the SEC champion for the national title.
Step Six: USC has to lose. It doesn’t matter who it’s to. Losing to Stanford, Notre Dame or UCLA would end it.
Step Seven: Boise State has to lose to Fresno State
Step Eight: Penn State has to lose to Michigan State

The Deserve Factor: If Texas Tech can pull off the trio and beats Texas, Oklahoma State and Oklahoma in a row, than it’ll be more than worthy of playing for the national title. The joke of a non-conference schedule is made up for by playing the nation’s 17th toughest schedule overall.

BMOC
11-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Basically if TT wins out, they are in, right now they are the only ones controlling their own destiny. But it seems that if they lose just one of those games, their chances are done. Two reasons:
1. They are losing late in the year which makes it tough to get back to the top of the polls.
2. They don't have the championship reputation that both UT and OU have earned. I don't think many pollsters believe in TT having a chance to win it all.

forum_guy
11-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by BMOC
Basically if TT wins out, they are in, right now they are the only ones controlling their own destiny. But it seems that if they lose just one of those games, their chances are done. Two reasons:
1. They are losing late in the year which makes it tough to get back to the top of the polls.
2. They don't have the championship reputation that both UT and OU have earned. I don't think many pollsters believe in TT having a chance to win it all.

well if u think about it OU kinda controls their own destiny too because winning out should put them in the big 12 game and winning that would put them in the nc

bigYoe
11-12-2008, 12:25 PM

Well exactly said they control their destiny. After watching Tech not do so well in the 2nd half against Texas and watching them blow up against Ok. St. I dont know who's going to show up. I honestly think there is NO ONE that can stop their offense, but if you can control the clock and keep their offense off the field Tech CAN BE BEATEN. I honestly think that Tech will lose to Oklahoma and and Texas will be up there strictly due to the BCS ratings. It doesnt matter though to me as long as Tech or Texas go and NOT OKLAHOMA. I despise Oklahoma and really wouldnt care if Tech goes all the way. Yet, I am a horns fan and want the horns to go all the way. HOOK'EM Baby

Texasfootball2
11-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Remember people that it wasn't that long ago that OU lost in the Big 12 championship game and still played LSU for the national championship. I believe this was the year of the split champions between USC and OU.

Having said that, "WHO THE HECK HAS ANY IDEA WHAT THE STUPID BCS IS GOING TO DO"!:foul:

If you want to know my opinion refer to the "Regarding BCS National Championship game" thread.

BMOC
11-12-2008, 12:54 PM
So if OU beats TT and OSU, how does the Big XII determines who represents the South since UT beat OU, but lost to TT....wouldn't it go to head 2 head competition, and since UT beat OU they would go? But then TT beat UT...:confused: :confused:

roughneck_2008
11-12-2008, 12:58 PM
for the big 12, in 3way tie, the highest bcs goes to the conference game

BMOC
11-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Got it, thank you.

Sweetwater96
11-13-2008, 05:39 AM
At this point, I'd love to see Alabama get beat this weekend and then upset Florida in the SEC Championship.

I'd also like to see Oklahoma beat tech and Texas win the big 12 champtionship. Ultimately I'd LOVE to see Texas/OU finish 1/2 in the BCS and have a rematch for the National Championship.

Doubt that would happen in any scenario but would love to see it!

cshscougar08
11-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater96
At this point, I'd love to see Alabama get beat this weekend and then upset Florida in the SEC Championship.

I'd also like to see Oklahoma beat tech and Texas win the big 12 champtionship. Ultimately I'd LOVE to see Texas/OU finish 1/2 in the BCS and have a rematch for the National Championship.

I would love to see a rematch for the National Championship as well. That would be pretty awesome!

Come on
11-13-2008, 10:24 AM
When the dust settles it will be Tx vs Florida in the tittle game.:D

Eagle 1
11-13-2008, 11:32 AM
I think the deciding factor for Texas right now has nothing to do with Tech or OU.
The horns biggest hurdle is beating A&M, something they havent done with Colt as the starting qb.
Correct?:thinking:

BMOC
11-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater96

Isn't one of the constipulations of playing for the BCS national championship is that now you have to be your conference champion? Wouldn't that make it impossible for a rematch....wait, this is the BCS, anything is possible.

Razor 15
11-13-2008, 03:15 PM
My question is this, if tech wins out and texas does as well, (including tech winning the big 12 championship), sandwiched with an alabama loss, tech and texas will be 1 and 2 right? Will we have an all texas national championship game?!

Emerson1
11-13-2008, 03:16 PM
A 1 loss Florida team that has just beaten #1 Alabama in the SEC Championship will jump Texas

Eagle 1
11-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
A 1 loss Florida team that has just beaten #1 Alabama in the SEC Championship will jump Texas

Hip Hip Hooray...
Look who got out of jail today....:clap:

JasperDog94
11-13-2008, 03:20 PM
A 1 loss Florida team that has just beaten #1 Alabama in the SEC Championship will jump Texas Yep.

Emerson1
11-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Hip Hip Hooray...

Look who finally decided to post now that TT is actually doing something for the first time in the programs history....:clap:

all that time to build up your skills and you still are dumber than g$$

JasperDog94
11-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Hip Hip Hooray...

Look who finally decided to post now that TT is actually doing something for the first time in the programs history....:clap:

all that time to build up your skills and you still are dumber than g$$ Well the new modern era of football began this year...right?;)

Eagle 1
11-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Hip Hip Hooray...

Easy, your probably still on parole.
I have been posting all along, to bad you cant say the same.

Emerson1
11-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Easy, your probably still on parole.
I have been posting all along, to bad you cant say the same.
Nah I just have to avoid a couple of people. You are no one important so it's all good.

Eagle 1
11-13-2008, 03:35 PM
Nah I just have to avoid a couple of people. You are no one important so it's all good.
I may not be important to you, but trust me I'm in the "know", so go ahead pup tread off in that deep water.:)

NastySlot
11-13-2008, 03:38 PM
not a tech fan...but did you know that since the start of the big xii they are the only team to be bowl eligible every year....so I would guess they have been doing something right for a while...they get the most out their talent...unlike a few that do less with more.

Eagle 1
11-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Hip Hip Hooray...

BTW, I did ask about you and thats how I found out you were in timeout.
LINK (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88677&perpage=15&pagenumber=23)

bullpen
11-13-2008, 05:16 PM
I think TT will lose to OU. Voter give UT the nod over OU because UT beat OU and OU has not won a BCS bowl game in how many years? TT will undeservingly be not receive serious consideration due to a late loss and lack of name recognition compared to UT & OU.

Alabama does not loses till they meet FL Chanpionship game. FL leaps everyone to be number 1 (If TT wins out they will only jump to #2).

No one wants to see a inter-conference MNC game (outside of big 12 fans). 2 years ago the Big 10 (11, learn to count) wanted UM & OSU in the MNC claiming they where the best 2 teams, but the BCS chose FL over UM and in doing so exposed the big 10 as just a weak conference (even after FL spoted them 7 pts.). A year later LSU proved it again (spoting them 10 pts before destruction set in). This near mistake is too fresh for a inter-conference MNC. It will be big 12 champ assuming South wins the big 12 championship game and SEC champ and like the past 2 years the SEC wins (it just will be a better game than the last 2).

This is all speculation of course, what is a known is that Pete Carrol will be crying like he does every year and will play a weak Penn State team "for his own national championship" however this year AP will not oblige him (like they did when LSU won it all in Jan 04).

TheDOCTORdre
11-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Its going to go down like this, http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1159055#post1159055

UT/Tech Rematch for the NC. I'm just saying...and people I really do believe Florida gets a little comfortable down the stretch and focusing on the SEC title game with Bama and get upset by Florida State, or quite possibly Spurrier finally "Comes back to town" this weekend...I'm just sayin people

NastySlot
11-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by bullpen
I think TT will lose to OU. Voter give UT the nod over OU because UT beat OU and OU has not won a BCS bowl game in how many years? TT will undeservingly be not receive serious consideration due to a late loss and lack of name recognition compared to UT & OU.

Alabama does not loses till they meet FL Chanpionship game. FL leaps everyone to be number 1 (If TT wins out they will only jump to #2).

No one wants to see a inter-conference MNC game (outside of big 12 fans). 2 years ago the Big 10 (11, learn to count) wanted UM & OSU in the MNC claiming they where the best 2 teams, but the BCS chose FL over UM and in doing so exposed the big 10 as just a weak conference (even after FL spoted them 7 pts.). A year later LSU proved it again (spoting them 10 pts before destruction set in). This near mistake is too fresh for a inter-conference MNC. It will be big 12 champ assuming South wins the big 12 championship game and SEC champ and like the past 2 years the SEC wins (it just will be a better game than the last 2).

This is all speculation of course, what is a known is that Pete Carrol will be crying like he does every year and will play a weak Penn State team "for his own national championship" however this year AP will not oblige him (like they did when LSU won it all in Jan 04).

what? Pete Carroll cries every year? tech gets left out?....the media and country are about to fall in love with this team cause they bring a good show to tv.....high scoring.......texas jumps over ou...could happen but texas couldn't hold a late lead against tech and if ou beats tech which is ranked what #2 now and ou is what?...texas was number one and i think they pretty much struggled for a half of football.....questionable punt return for td......blown coverage for long t.d.............and then tech moves the ball into position to kick fg but gets a td................ohio state exposed....the only thing exposed was the big 10 finishes their season to soon and needs a championship.......ohio state had like almost two months off before playing a game.

bullpen
11-14-2008, 11:22 AM
At first I thought you were being sarcastic "What Pete cries every year?" YES! On ESPN saying "I'm not sure how this BCS thing works, who should play for the NC, the best 2 teams at the end of the year, or who had the best season?" Note to Pete: you play in the Pat(pathetic)10, you have all the 5*s, you have a gift wrapped undefeated season every year and you lose at least one game to such powerhouses as Stanford. If USC played in the big 12 would they beat UT, OK, TT, and OSU. If in the SEC would they beat FL, GA, and Alabam (include LSU, TN, & AU in most years). If you can't go undefeated in the sister of charity league you play in: NO YOU ARE NOT THE BEST TEAM IN CF (I don't care if you hang 70 points on TWU) and YES NO MNC game for you till you beat ALL the chumps on your schedule. Now Pete shut your pie hole and stay off ESPN.

TT exciting YES, high flying act YES, made for TV YES, deserving YES, but if they don't beat OU they'd need a lot of help. I'd love to see them make the MNC (or UT, not OU too many no shows in BCS games).

Big 10 (11) does the layoff hurt them YES. Tressel said he learned his lesson in the FL game so continued to practice up to the MNC game last year and we all know how well that worked for them. Face it they are WEAK, not Big East weak, but W E A K. Currently FL, UT, OK, & GA would be undefeated in most conf and TT & Alabama are.

NastySlot
11-14-2008, 12:00 PM
At first I thought you were being sarcastic "What Pete cries every year?" YES! On ESPN saying "I'm not sure how this BCS thing works, who should play for the NC, the best 2 teams at the end of the year, or who had the best season?" Note to Pete: you play in the Pat(pathetic)10, you have all the 5*s, you have a gift wrapped undefeated season every year and you lose at least one game to such powerhouses as Stanford. If USC played in the big 12 would they beat UT, OK, TT, and OSU. If in the SEC would they beat FL, GA, and Alabam (include LSU, TN, & AU in most years). If you can't go undefeated in the sister of charity league you play in: NO YOU ARE NOT THE BEST TEAM IN CF (I don't care if you hang 70 points on TWU) and YES NO MNC game for you till you beat ALL the chumps on your schedule. Now Pete shut your pie hole and stay off ESPN.

TT exciting YES, high flying act YES, made for TV YES, deserving YES, but if they don't beat OU they'd need a lot of help. I'd love to see them make the MNC (or UT, not OU too many no shows in BCS games).

Big 10 (11) does the layoff hurt them YES. Tressel said he learned his lesson in the FL game so continued to practice up to the MNC game last year and we all know how well that worked for them. Face it they are WEAK, not Big East weak, but W E A K. Currently FL, UT, OK, & GA would be undefeated in most conf and TT & Alabama are.

Pete Carroll cries no more then other coaches at this time...heck even the beloved Mack Brown did it....it just seems every year it's a different coach.. Mack did it the year texas played michagan in the rose bowl...and california went to the holiday bowl...that was the same texas team that needed a b.s. pass interference call and a last second touchdown to beat a medicore at best kansas team..

Texasfootball2
11-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Pete Carroll two weeks ago :crying: :foul: Pete Carroll two weeks from now:bigcry: :weeping:

Everyone who is not a USC fan:cheerl: :taunt:

How to prepare for the next two weeks of drama:1popcorn:

JasperDog94
11-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
Pete Carroll cries no more then other coaches at this time...heck even the beloved Mack Brown did it....it just seems every year it's a different coach.. Mack did it the year texas played michagan in the rose bowl...and california went to the holiday bowl...that was the same texas team that needed a b.s. pass interference call and a last second touchdown to beat a medicore at best kansas team.. Every team has a down game throughout the season. Texas found a way to win theirs that year.

BMOC
11-14-2008, 12:40 PM
USC is worried about the National Championship game, and they don't even have control of winning the Pac 10 right now. If OSU wins out, they head to the Rose Bowl, and USC goes somewhere else. I have to agree with Bullpen, win your conference first, then :foul: and :bigcry:

Eagle 1
11-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Pete Carroll cries no more then other coaches at this time...heck even the beloved Mack Brown did it....it just seems every year it's a different coach.. Mack did it the year texas played michagan in the rose bowl...and california went to the holiday bowl...that was the same texas team that needed a b.s. pass interference call and a last second touchdown to beat a medicore at best kansas team..

I was thinking the same thing.
Pot meet kettle.:rolleyes:

Emerson1
11-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
I was thinking the same thing.
Pot meet kettle.:rolleyes:
And you don't think Mike Leach will be crying if they were somehow overtaken in the rankings?

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2008, 01:57 PM
"What if" Tech wins out and shuts the backdoor on both OU & UT. :)

cshscougar08
11-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Possibility. I'll do my best to ensure that Owen Field is far from friendly though. :D

BreckTxLonghorn
11-14-2008, 03:00 PM
And you don't think Mike Leach will be crying if they were somehow overtaken in the rankings?

And he'll have a cause in that. I honestly don't mind the BCS too much, it could be better with a +1, but overall it usually all works out. However, the fact that they LIMIT the number of teams a conference can bring is ridiculous. There are 3 worthy teams in the Big XII south, 2 or 3 in the SEC, and the Big East & ACC champ will overrule at least a few of these teams. That's unacceptable.

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Then this UT fan will be rooting for Texas in the Fiesta bowl and TTech in the national Title game

bullpen
11-14-2008, 03:41 PM
You can say other coaches cry just as much as Petty Pete and you might be correct. Mark R last year "GA best team i the country" (record showed not the best in the E 1/2 of their conf in a down year), Mac Brown a few years back, but you tell me another coach that got what he wanted by crying. U(undeserving) S(silly) C(crybabies) got the media (AP, SI, and ESPN) to go along w/ their stupid assertion "We deserved to play for it and didn't get to so we are the champs cause we would won). Alburn had a much more legit complain a year later undefeated in the SEC >>>>>>undefeated in the Big 12>>>>>>> undefeted in the Pat 10. If the 2 most deserving teams played in 04 USC would have had to settle for another fake crystal trouphy and zero national championships in the BCS era!

That is the reason Pete stands out as the biggest whiner of all times!!

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2008, 03:54 PM
You can say other coaches cry just as much as Petty Pete and you might be correct. Mark R last year "GA best team i the country" (record showed not the best in the E 1/2 of their conf in a down year), Mac Brown a few years back, but you tell me another coach that got what he wanted by crying. U(undeserving) S(silly) C(crybabies) got the media (AP, SI, and ESPN) to go along w/ their stupid assertion "We deserved to play for it and didn't get to so we are the champs cause we would won). Alburn had a much more legit complain a year later undefeated in the SEC >>>>>>undefeated in the Big 12>>>>>>> undefeted in the Pat 10. If the 2 most deserving teams played in 04 USC would have had to settle for another fake crystal trouphy and zero national championships in the BCS era!

That is the reason Pete stands out as the biggest whiner of all times!!

I dont blame a coach for sticking up for or defending their team, that is what a coach should IMO

NastySlot
11-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Every team has a down game throughout the season. Texas found a way to win theirs that year.

your so typical....."texas found away to win"...............and then i will say this tech found a way to let texas back into the game and then found a way to win........fair enough.

NastySlot
11-14-2008, 04:01 PM
USC is worried about the National Championship game, and they don't even have control of winning the Pac 10 right now. If OSU wins out, they head to the Rose Bowl, and USC goes somewhere else. I have to agree with Bullpen, win your conference first, then :foul: and :bigcry:

and isn't this same for texas...need tech to lose and ou to win out?

bullpen
11-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I dont blame a coach for sticking up for or defending their team, that is what a coach should IMO

Don't agree to abide by the system and then demand a change in the rules when it doesn't work out your way. His statement in 03 "we will play for our own national championship" (what nation is that, Petey?). Would be laughable if not so pathetic.

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Don't agree to abide by the system and then demand a change in the rules when it doesn't work out your way. His statement in 03 "we will play for our own national championship" (what nation is that, Petey?). Would be laughable if not so pathetic.

I dont remember Carroll himself being able to decide the system

bullpen
11-14-2008, 04:19 PM
The BCS system was agree upon by the coaches before it was put in place. I can't give you the role call of how each coach voted but it was approved by the nation assoc of college coaches. Can't tell you a role call vote or how Pete voted specificly, but their claim "I don't know how this thing works is BS.

JasperDog94
11-14-2008, 07:24 PM
your so typical....."texas found away to win"...............and then i will say this tech found a way to let texas back into the game and then found a way to win........fair enough. I will counter with "you're such a hater" when it comes to Texas. I've given Tech their props. Texas came back and had opportunities to win the game. They didn't and Tech made plays when they needed to. Tech found a way to win and should be congratulated for doing so.:)

NastySlot
11-14-2008, 10:08 PM
I will counter with "you're such a hater" when it comes to Texas. I've given Tech their props. Texas came back and had opportunities to win the game. They didn't and Tech made plays when they needed to. Tech found a way to win and should be congratulated for doing so.:)

hater no i wouldn't say that... i give texas credit when credit is due....grew up a huge horn fan.....cried when they lost the national title to notre dame....and possibly a second on a lost fumble punt return to georgia....(9-10) cotton bowl....miami upset nebraska that night horns would have been the only undefeated team left...who knows....i love football especially good football......you see i laugh everytime a horn post about getting cheated and not credited for something they should have or had done......typical in that horn fans get on here rip other programs without giving credit (ok you just did to tech).....talk about a media love affair with usc .....but fail to see you live in a state that gives so much credit to the horns in all sports even when they are just average.......(texas is more then just good team this year) there are other schools.........look the horns had their own fate in their hands they played a lousy first half of football and almost overcame....win and your in....tech won and controls their own destiny....ou lost earlier and does also to a certain extent.... and honestly pete carroll had a point who the heck is the bcs?

JasperDog94
11-14-2008, 10:30 PM
and honestly pete carroll had a point who the heck is the bcs? I don't disagree with ol' Pete either. I'm all for a playoff. Florida had one bad game. So did Texas. Assuming that Florida beats Alabama and Tech runs the table, both Texas and Florida will have beaten a former number 1. Both will have 1 loss. At that point it's academic to say who should have a shot. Obviously I would say Texas since our loss would be to the new #1 team in Tech, but you and I both know that will never happen.

Oh well. There's still a lot of football to be played tomorrow. I just hope my Horns show up tomorrow morning in Kansas and don't overlook the Jayhawks.

bigYoe
11-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Honestly i believe the Jayhawks will give Texas a heck of a game even though i would love to see Texas blow Kansas Out in Kansas. Reesing is seeing a type of revenge setup here since Texas overlooked him even though he's from Austin. Reesing and the Jayhawks will come out looking to upset the Horns and Texas will come out HOPING to blow the Jayhawks out. If Texas wants to keeps their NC or even their Big 12 CG hopes alive they need to get by the Jayhawks in convincing fashion.

NastySlot
11-15-2008, 12:17 AM
I don't disagree with ol' Pete either. I'm all for a playoff. Florida had one bad game. So did Texas. Assuming that Florida beats Alabama and Tech runs the table, both Texas and Florida will have beaten a former number 1. Both will have 1 loss. At that point it's academic to say who should have a shot. Obviously I would say Texas since our loss would be to the new #1 team in Tech, but you and I both know that will never happen.

Oh well. There's still a lot of football to be played tomorrow. I just hope my Horns show up tomorrow morning in Kansas and don't overlook the Jayhawks.

hey im an aggie but not your typical one ...one that hates tu...(do care for the horns too much but i don't hate them)....but i think they have as good shot as the others and maybe even better then one loss tech and ou if it finishes that way....i just want to see a good championship game with a big xii school or schools in it.