PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Brahmas 12-1 vs Marlin Bullbogs 11-2 Sat. 7:00 @ Bryan ISD, Stadium

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-01-2002, 02:51 PM
What do you think? How will each team match up?

Brahma73
12-01-2002, 05:40 PM
Saw the LG / Marlin game. eek! Momentum in this one was lost early with the pick by the Bulldogs for a TD on LG's first series. Marlin is a team loaded with athletes who are anxious for the big play on both sides of the ball. I'd been told they can't sustain drives, but rely on the big play. From what I saw, this isn't true. They're running game is very versatile and they definitely are capable of rattling off first downs as well as touch downs. No question they have a very nice offensive scheme with loads of options. Didn't see much of the pass except for the one TD bomb & a couple of others, but I'm suspicious they can chunk it if necessary with the hosses they have. QB is a cool customer with good vision and instincts. RB's are good and run tough.

Defensively, they stopped the run well. LG doesn't have speed receivers or a great passer, so I'm unsure about their pass D. I'm sure their speed will come in handy in coverage. Though LG is a different team offensively than Bellville, I think we saw a defense as good or better than Marlin's in Fairfield. But again, La Grange is different than us and I'm sure the Dogs D will be a problem to reckon with.

Overall, I think Bellville matches up with Marlin much better than LG did. We'll need to really stay home on D and make tackles. Marlin's O line did a good job, so we'll have to be solid in the middle. Their downfield blocking was admirable, as well. Bulls D backs will have to be prepared to get to the corners for run support.

The Bulls are a much more diverse and talented offense than the Leopards, probably the best the Dogs will see this year. If QB gets time to throw, he will be deadly and we'll definitely move the ball. Key in my mind is the running game. If we can get 150 to 200 on the ground, this is a winable game for the Brahmas. Gobert ran with a lot of heart last week, and he gets healthier each game. He can be a load to bring down with his strength and determination.

Bellville has not faced a team this talented this year, so we'll need a really high-level, mistake free performance. But you can bet Marlin has seen some tape of us and they know they better not have an off night.

One of my old coaches used to tell us regularly, "There ain't a horse that ain't been rode, or a rider that ain't been throwed!" (I know that's horrible grammar, but it rhymes, dammit!) :p The Bulls just might be up for this one.

Hold on to your hats. It won't be a 3-0 game!!

GO BELLVILLE!!! TAKE STATE!!! :D :D :D

sinton66
12-01-2002, 05:57 PM
I think the Brahmas will be predicted as the underdog in this matchup. That said, I think Bellville will match up pretty well. Both defenses are good, this will be a close game. I think Bellville's offense will pull this one out. Best of luck Brahmas.

Brahma73
12-01-2002, 06:10 PM
OK FormerBB, you know I have to ask: Are you sure @ the place and time (again)? wink

Hey Sinton66, sounds like you could make a day of it in College Station / Bryan next Saturday. Hope you can make our game! :cool: Stay around on Down Low til the end. Congrats on another great year for Sinton!!!

Matthew328
12-01-2002, 08:33 PM
Bellville is a very good team....BUT man Marlin may be playing as well as anyone in the state..they are looking like state tittle material...I do think Bellville matches up with Marlin better than LaGrange did...but to say Bellville is the best offense Marlin has seen this year...well I think Ennis may have a say in that...if Marlin's DB's can slow down the Ennis pass offense I am confident they can stop any 3A pass offense..Marlin by 14

Brahma73
12-01-2002, 08:58 PM
Matthew328:
Bellville is a very good team....BUT man Marlin may be playing as well as anyone in the state..they are looking like state tittle material...I do think Bellville matches up with Marlin better than LaGrange did...but to say Bellville is the best offense Marlin has seen this year...well I think Ennis may have a say in that...if Marlin's DB's can slow down the Ennis pass offense I am confident they can stop any 3A pass offense..Marlin by 14Give our QB some time & our aerial attack is pretty tough. The sheer numbers RE: our passing game are a bit deceiving. Wish you could see us in person. Don't know anything about Ennis' squad, though. We're still not going to have a happy night without a healthy running attack as well. I don't think we want a track meet with these guys! :) After watching them vs. LG, I can understand your confidence in them. I think it'll be less than a touchdown either way, though.

BVarsity03
12-01-2002, 09:32 PM
Who is the home team and who is the visitor???

Matthew328
12-01-2002, 09:36 PM
Brahma73 you don't know much about Ennis?? They have only won state in 4A the past 2 years..LOL they have won 27 of their last 28 with their only loss coming to Marlin LOL

eaglefan24
12-01-2002, 10:01 PM
Well I saw Bellville against Fairfield and I saw the Marlin game against LaGrange. Bellville definitely matches up better w/ their offense because of the balance, LaGrange keyed on the run too much. The Bellville passing game does key on protection. Fairfield pressured the quarterback all night long and gave him fits, when he had time was when he made the good completions. I think Marlin's secondary can definitely hold up its end, but the difference for the defense will be the pass rush. If Marlin gets a good pass rush then its going to be a long night for Bellville. Marlin's offense is better than Fairfield's, but the defenses are about even. Both teams are also very good on FG's and punts, so I see no edge there. But Marlin's defense and offense are both superior in my opinion. It won't be a blowout like the LaGrange game, but it won't be a barn burner like the Fairfield game. Marlin wins this one by at least two touchdowns, 27-13.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-01-2002, 11:21 PM
Hey 73, got the place and time from one of the coaches, Bellville will be the visitor in this game. Is there any truth to some of the Marlin players not making the grade? Maybe just a rumor, it was said that a coach from a former opponent had an issue with it and was going to the UIL to find out? Just wanted to know if anyone else heard anything about it?

sinton66
12-02-2002, 12:18 AM
Brahma73:
OK FormerBB, you know I have to ask: Are you sure @ the place and time (again)? wink

Hey Sinton66, sounds like you could make a day of it in College Station / Bryan next Saturday. Hope you can make our game! :cool: Stay around on Down Low til the end. Congrats on another great year for Sinton!!!I'll be around (picture J2K grimmacing) :D
As for Saturday, I'm committed to watch my 2A coach buddy and his Odem Owls play at Katy at 6:00 pm. We have a standing agreement to support each other's teams when ours are out. I will be rooting for the Brahmas though. Good luck guys.

Bellville22
12-02-2002, 12:04 PM
Matthew328:

I'm pretty sure it's possible to hear of a team and know they're a powerhouse, and still not know much about 'em. I know how badass Ennis is, but I couldn't tell you if they're run-oriented or what kind of offense or defense they run.

Cut the guy some slack.

Matthew328
12-02-2002, 01:25 PM
I was being sarcastic..notice the Icon with face winking...I wasn't tryin to be rude or anything..by the way FYI Ennis runs the spread and has one of the best QB's around and as usual 3 or 4 very good WR's...

Bellville22
12-02-2002, 01:36 PM
I apologize. Caught me at a bad time this morning. Thanks for the info on Ennis though.

2k3_QB_10
12-02-2002, 06:50 PM
Marlin and Bellville are both excellent football programs. Both are juggernauts in their own way. Bellville is strong because they play as a powerhouse, and Marlin, these kids play together, and believe together. I'm not talking any trash, but my pick is Marlin, because they are trying to make a name for themselves, and so far, they have. Go Dawgs represent district 18-3a!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-02-2002, 08:15 PM
Hey tell me about Marlins 2 losses, who beat them and the score, how did the other team beat Marlin?
What about the players lost to grades situation? Tell me about the over-time game with Cameron! Give me the teams Marlin beat and scores.

Matthew328
12-02-2002, 08:46 PM
I know Marlin's 2 losses are to Burnet 27-21 in OT and to Class 4A Waco University in Week 1 31-7..University just got eliminated this week..from what I heard Marlin played horrible in the Univerity game but since they have been great..

Waco U (4A) 7-31
Waco Midway (4A) 23-20 OT
Mart (2A) 37-0
Burnet 21-27 OT
Ennis (4A) 20-12
Rockdale 24-0
Troy 63-0
Caldwell 33-7
Lorena 33-0
Cameron Yoe 17-16 OT
Hillsboro 38-22
Newton 35-21
LaGrange 34-7

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-02-2002, 09:08 PM
I went and watched Bellville and Fairfield play last Friday night at Sam Houston State. Both teams played horribly, as well as bad calls from the coaching. Fairfield would have won the game if the coach would have called a running play with 2:00 minutes left in the 4th quarter and they had the ball-First and Goal at the 7 yard line. They were running the ball all night. As for Bellville, I don't know what happened. If they want any chance of beating Marlin, they'd better step it up, I went and watched them play the next night and I was impressed in that fact that they had improved so much since the Rockdale game. If Bellville can get things straight, then it will be a good game, I know that Marlin already has, and they're hungry for the state title....they can taste it. Marlin has a lot of talent, and are major contenders for the Division II State Title. If Bellville can beat them, then I think that they have the ability to win state, but I don't see them getting past Marlin and their defense. You can't run sweeps, and you will most definatley have to go to the air, and you will have little luck there as well. They have a solid defense and are tough to score on. I'm impressed to be honest. Marlin has Rockdale behind them all the way.

justafan_02
12-02-2002, 10:18 PM
hey big blue i guess if u are goin to be critical of coaching then yall should have played better and beat fairfield. sounds like you werent at the game. i read the stats in the waco paper and they didnt run the ball all night. less then 100 yds rushing and 180 yds passing. so dont get on here and try to bash coaches.

Brahma73
12-02-2002, 10:50 PM
Matthew328:
I was being sarcastic..notice the Icon with face winking...I wasn't tryin to be rude or anything..by the way FYI Ennis runs the spread and has one of the best QB's around and as usual 3 or 4 very good WR's...I just love the way my guys always try to come to my rescue (Thanks for the back, 22!) I know you're razzin' 328. :p :p
But seriously, on the offense issue, I really think we're better than people think, even against a Marlin. If I'm wrong, I'll be here Sunday a.m. to fess up. wink I'm not guaranteeing a win here (who would at this juncture :rolleyes: ), but I'm just saying don't be surprised if we're seriously in the game. Wish you could be there Matt!

Prediction: Bellville 38 Marlin 35 in OT

Go Get 'em Bulls!!!!

Brahma73
12-03-2002, 12:00 AM
Bellville22:
I apologize. Caught me at a bad time this morning. Thanks for the info on Ennis though.Hey 22! I don't recall seeing your prediction yet. I stuck my neck out...you do the same! :p

GO BULLS!!!! :mad:

MARLINFAN
12-03-2002, 12:05 AM
FORMER BRAMA THERE IS NO PROBLEMS WITH MARLIN PLAYERS GRADES. THE GRADING PERIOD WAS I THINK THREE WEEKS AGO. :D I THINK THE GAME BETWEEN BELLVILLE AND MARLN WILL BE WON BY THE TIME EACH OHTER COACHES THAKES OVER EACH OTHER. I WAS AT THE BELLVILLE AND FAIRFIELD GAME LAST WEEK. IT SEEMED THAT EVENTHOUGH BELLVILLE HAD THE SIZE OVER FAIRFIELD THEY DIDT REALLY OVERPOWER THEIR DEFENSE. I THINK THAT IF MARLIN DOES NOT LOOK AT BELLVILLE PASSING GAME IT COULD BE A CLOSE GAME. BUT I DONT THINK IT WILL HAPPEN. I THINK THAT A LOT OF TEAMS LOOK AT MARLIN AND SAYS THAT THEIR A RUNNING TEAM BUT WHEN THE TIMES COMES MARLIN CAN PAST THE BALL WITH THE BEST OF THEM .I HAVE ACUTALLY PREDICTED TO GAMES THIS YEAR SO I M GOING TO SAY MARLIN 35 BELLVILLE 21. REASON BECAUSE MARLIN IS AVERGING 36 POINTS A GAME IN THE PLAYOFFS

jykoy
12-03-2002, 10:14 AM
It's been a while since I have been on here... but I am getting more and more excited about Bellville's strong playoff drive. I wish the best of luck to them. I'll be in Bryan pulling for them.

<small>[ December 03, 2002, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: jykoy ]</small>

Bellville22
12-03-2002, 02:35 PM
First of all, to "BIG BLUE DEF. END." - I'm not sure what game you saw at SHSU the other night, but I saw a war for the ages. Please refer to "Bellvill/Fairfield", posted Nov. 30th.

Well Brahma73, since you called me out on my pick, I guess I'll have to go ahead and lay it down, I had planned to wait til Thurs, but here's my thoughts on the game this Sat....

Obviously seen Bellville plenty this year, I know we can play like we want to play, but I know we can also have those nights leaving us fans biting our nails during, and scratching our heads after the game. The first will have to show up no matter who we play at this point in the year. As for Marlin, haven't seen them, but have read everything I could on them, and heard reports from 6 or 7 reliable sources on what to expect, and I think I know more than enough about them.

I think that Marlin probably has overall better athletes than Bellville, and has apparently been showing up with their A-game lately. When both teams play their best, Marlin is probably 10 points better. With that in mind, for this to turn out the way I'd like it, Bellville will have to turn it on, and excel in every aspect of the game, which they are very capable of doing (remember the extra day of practice for a very smart team, good coaches, and 1 more day for Tim to improve health). They'll have to execute, read keys, and HOLD ON TO THE BALL!!! Marlin, on the other hand, will have to make a mistake or two to lose. If they play error free ball, they'll win. I just think they're too talented and too fast for us to match straight up with.

Keep in mind that that's all my opinion, and doesn't mean jack come Sat. night. As for my prediction.... I've played it pretty safe the past 3 weeks, but been pretty close each week, time for me to take a chance this week, I too will be on Sunday morning if need be to eat my words.

I think an overconfident Marlin team shows up and doesn't play mistake-free football against a team from Bellville brought together by a win last week that required a total team effort. A team who by Sat. will be, quite frankly, tired of hearing about how good Marlin is and how bad they're going to beat Bellville.

Bellville 31
Marlin 14

Brahma73
12-03-2002, 06:10 PM
Bellville22:
First of all, to "BIG BLUE DEF. END." - I'm not sure what game you saw at SHSU the other night, but I saw a war for the ages. Please refer to "Bellvill/Fairfield", posted Nov. 30th.

Well Brahma73, since you called me out on my pick, I guess I'll have to go ahead and lay it down, I had planned to wait til Thurs, but here's my thoughts on the game this Sat....

Obviously seen Bellville plenty this year, I know we can play like we want to play, but I know we can also have those nights leaving us fans biting our nails during, and scratching our heads after the game. The first will have to show up no matter who we play at this point in the year. As for Marlin, haven't seen them, but have read everything I could on them, and heard reports from 6 or 7 reliable sources on what to expect, and I think I know more than enough about them.

I think that Marlin probably has overall better athletes than Bellville, and has apparently been showing up with their A-game lately. When both teams play their best, Marlin is probably 10 points better. With that in mind, for this to turn out the way I'd like it, Bellville will have to turn it on, and excel in every aspect of the game, which they are very capable of doing (remember the extra day of practice for a very smart team, good coaches, and 1 more day for Tim to improve health). They'll have to execute, read keys, and HOLD ON TO THE BALL!!! Marlin, on the other hand, will have to make a mistake or two to lose. If they play error free ball, they'll win. I just think they're too talented and too fast for us to match straight up with.

Keep in mind that that's all my opinion, and doesn't mean jack come Sat. night. As for my prediction.... I've played it pretty safe the past 3 weeks, but been pretty close each week, time for me to take a chance this week, I too will be on Sunday morning if need be to eat my words.

I think an overconfident Marlin team shows up and doesn't play mistake-free football against a team from Bellville brought together by a win last week that required a total team effort. A team who by Sat. will be, quite frankly, tired of hearing about how good Marlin is and how bad they're going to beat Bellville.

Bellville 31
Marlin 14Now that's the Bellville22 I've been expecting to here from. wink Hope to share this site with you Sunday morning to take our victory lap. Either way, we're both big enough to believe what you said above, Marlin is loaded. :rolleyes:

Scoreboards don't reward the best teams...just the ones that have the most points. You just never know...

GO BULLS! BE A FRONT PAGE STORY SUNDAY MORNING!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

ana
12-03-2002, 10:35 PM
Bellville will be having a community-wide Bonfire/Pep Rally Thursday night at 6 p.m. across from the school. The Sophomore class will be selling food and drinks. Come out and support the Brahmas!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-04-2002, 12:54 PM
Hey 22, I read your post on this topic and the other topic,(Can anyone beat Marlin), yes anyone is beatable, and I hope Bellville plays there best game of the year against Marlin. Marlin has a very good team, but so does Bellville, the Brahmas just need to improve from the last 3 games. I see Marlin as a cocky team, I saw them play and they like to dance around in between plays and before the game starts Marlin is in the middle of the field doing some kind of jive dance, you would see on The Apollo Show, if that is not being cocky I dont know what is!!!
I think Bellville is going to be pumped up because they are getting tired of hearing that they, or anyone else in 3a can't beat Marlin!
Hey 22, and 73 if yalls prediction is right, we will all go out for Sausage, Saurkraut, and Beer, I see a closer game 22, but I hope your prediction is closer than 73, If so you get two beers to our one!
Go Bellville Win this game that everyone says you cant!!!! Beat the Jive dancing Bulldogs!!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-04-2002, 01:29 PM
Hey is good to hear about the Bon-Fire, Its about time they burn up that stack of pallets that have been there for a while! Go Bellville Beat the Jive dancing Bulldogs!!

Tank58
12-04-2002, 07:35 PM
ITS GUNNA BE FUN. IT'S BEEN WHAT FOUR YEARS SINCE THE LAST ONE.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-04-2002, 11:21 PM
Hey 22 and 73 where yall at? No post tonight?

Brahma73
12-05-2002, 12:34 AM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Hey 22 and 73 where yall at? No post tonight?73 is up late. Sorry I'm relatively quiet. My final post of tonight is just below on the board in the Marlin/Bellville discussion. Still waiting for that hint in my PM's on who the hell you are, by the way Former. (LOL) :p :p :p

GO BULL!!! SHOCK 3A FOOTBALL!!! :mad:

MARLINFAN
12-05-2002, 08:27 AM
hey why is everone saying go bull shock the state. im going to tell you this now everone in marlin is not overlooking bellville. the teams are praticing harder for a team that some people say was not better than newton. i havent posted much on this topic but i had to come in becase everone from bellville is acting like a marlin loss would be a shocker to the state. i think that there are no weak teams left all the team left have to be strong to be here.

marlin will be having a parade,bonfire and peprally at the court house square tonight Go dogs!!!!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-07-2002, 12:49 AM
Well Is everybody ready for some football?
Hope everyone gets a good night sleep tonight and be ready for a good game!! Go Bellville!!!

MARLINFAN
12-07-2002, 02:09 AM
its on now brahmas we ready!its on now brahmas we ready!its on now brahmas we ready!its on now brahmas we ready! game time 7:00 bryan its on . i havent even talked a lot of trash this week bbut tonight i will. at this point in time i dont think that an emonital fueled team can be stopped. week after week the dogs come to play so like i said we ready

Brahma73
12-08-2002, 01:44 AM
Matthew328:
Brahma73 you don't know much about Ennis?? They have only won state in 4A the past 2 years..LOL they have won 27 of their last 28 with their only loss coming to Marlin LOLOK Matthew, you were right. I don't know much about Ennis, and I appreciate you telling me who they WERE in the past 2 years.(LOL) It should now be obvious that you need to know about MY team - the Bellville Brahmas...not who they WERE the past 2 years - but who they are right now. I was suspicious you took my "if you give our QB time, he's deadly" comment a little lightly. Bellville IS a very good football team, not to be confused w/ La Grange or Ennis or any other of Marlin's prior opponents. Please take us seriously now! :p

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-08-2002, 02:24 AM
Right on 73, maybe some of yall will take Bellville more serious now. For the people that put Bellville in the Gym after this week, Bellville will still be on the football field!
I wonder if Marlin is ready for some Jive Dancing on the Basketball court? Im upset I didnt get to see much of the Jive Dancing Bulldog show tonight!
Go BELLVILLE Beat BANDERA!!!!!!