PDA

View Full Version : Lubbock Estacado's 3-7 record deceiving

nobogey72
11-12-2008, 07:23 AM
Wylie's first round opponent Lubbock Estacado's record may be 3-7, but I don't think that is indicative of their ability. They moved down from 4A after a decent run in the playoffs last year, and have a lot of kids back. Their team is kind of a mystery. They lost their last 3 district games by a combined total of 10 points. Anybody know what's up with this team?

VWG
11-12-2008, 07:35 AM
They have a good soph. RB, who has good speed and decent size. Around 5'11", 180lbs. He's their main guy on offense.

Wolf Playa
11-12-2008, 07:50 AM
I am not sure..We were up 27-7 in the 3rd Qtr and then they came back and was only down 27-21....we held them off, but they have several great players...and one player on there O-Line causes them too get alot of penalties...#56..likes too hold alot and when he gets pancaked he wraps his legs around you and holds on, was kinda funny

Troybuilt
11-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Wylie's first round opponent Lubbock Estacado's record may be 3-7, but I don't think that is indicative of their ability. They moved down from 4A after a decent run in the playoffs last year, and have a lot of kids back. Their team is kind of a mystery. They lost their last 3 district games by a combined total of 10 points. Anybody know what's up with this team?

i do. they are horrible, undiciplined, no defense, can't pass, run alittle but no O line. Defense is not tough and quits when the other team gets a lead. Other than that there not bad.

Anything else?

Black_Magic
11-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Wylie's first round opponent Lubbock Estacado's record may be 3-7, but I don't think that is indicative of their ability. They moved down from 4A after a decent run in the playoffs last year, and have a lot of kids back. Their team is kind of a mystery. They lost their last 3 district games by a combined total of 10 points. Anybody know what's up with this team? You guys should win by 4 TDs or you didnt play well. point blank. all the other stuff makes no difference. We played them and have been playing them. If they get anything to get excited about then you may have a problem. If the Qb has any time then he can hurt you. He is a good qb and is acurate when he has time.

Ranger Mom
11-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Troybuilt
i do. they are horrible, undiciplined, no defense, can't pass, run alittle but no O line. Defense is not tough and quits when the other team gets a lead. Other than that there not bad.

Anything else?

That was going to be my answer....undisciplined!

That is what I have noticed the most the past few times we have played them!

STANG RED
11-12-2008, 09:49 AM
Its been many years since I've seen a good Estacado team. I dont think this 3-7 bunch is going to be any different. But they'll always have a few great individual athletes that can give you fits.

Troybuilt
11-12-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Its been many years since I've seen a good Estacado team. I dont think this 3-7 bunch is going to be any different. But they'll always have a few great individual athletes that can give you fits.

You are right about that. Thats why they do good in track only. its an individual deal.

BILLYFRED0000
11-12-2008, 10:01 AM

Yeah they lose a lot more than they win. Must not be very good.
Otherwise they would be 7-3

Sweetwater Red
11-12-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED

I remember going to a playoff game at Jones Stadium about
sixteen years ago. Terry Clemmer was our QB. He was in the
shotgun with four WR's out wide the whole game.:eek:

Unfortunately, Estacado had Zebby Letheridge. TTU fans should
remember him.:thinking:

STANG RED
11-12-2008, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I remember going to a playoff game at Jones Stadium about
sixteen years ago. Terry Clemmer was our QB. He was in the
shotgun with four WR's out wide the whole game.:eek:

Unfortunately, Estacado had Zebby Letheridge. TTU fans should
remember him.:thinking:

Zebby was an exceptional athlete. There were also those Hunt brothers that were outstanding. I know one played DE for Tech. Dont know what happened with any of them though, after leaving Tech???

RedWhiteBlue
11-12-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Troybuilt

Anything else?
Wow, sounds like this should be a good "warm-up" game for the Dawgs!! Have fun with that 'no discipline' thing.....:D
Go Dogs Go!!