PDA

View Full Version : Top Players

bandera7
11-12-2008, 03:31 AM
So now that the regular season is over...anybody care to post their opinions on the best players by position that they personally saw? Maybe just post a QB, RB, and WR...and if somebody stuck out on the line or Defense mention them too.

95mustang
11-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Pachall QB-Brownwood

RedWhiteBlue
11-12-2008, 04:13 PM
We will all know soon enough for our district. The coaches had their meeting this morning.....:D

STAggie
11-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Pratt-Navasota
Nunn and Runnels-Bellville
Downey, King and Krenek-Sealy
Not sure of the name but the Fullback from Smithville
La Grange QB and #8

rholl
11-12-2008, 04:22 PM
IN metroplex area

QB Thompson - Glen Rose 2392 yds 24 TDs
RB Hart - Alvarado 1825 yds 18 TDs

Bullaholic
11-12-2008, 04:50 PM
#15- Argyle "D"--Everybody he's played remembers his No.
QB- Nix? Prosper
RB-Whiteside-Vernon
QB-C.McCoy-Graham
RB-J.Gould- Burkburnett

Silverback 04
11-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Pachall-QB Brownwood

Miller/Taylor-WR Brownwood (take your pick here) This was the best QB-WR combo I ve seen since Mcgee to Shipley.

MLB- Lattimore LH or the unblockable guy from Wylie don't remeber his name.

Safety- ? Brownwood kid that got the concussion at the end of the LH game. Hit like he had concrete in his head, right up until the end.

HM33
11-12-2008, 05:09 PM
I can see Cuero's RB Jackson in the top players. and Tyler Ardnt (QB) is having a decent season again. I haven't see any other team so I can't say anything more than to through their names out there.

trojan37
11-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Derek Thompson,QB-Glen Rose
Brian Bell,QB-China Spring
Mike Hicks,WR,Safety-China Spring

BEAST
11-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Brownwoods Casey Pachall threw for almost 3000 yards and 31 td passes while rushing for over 600 yards and 11 more tds.

Brownwoods WR #4 Parker Taylor had roughly 1000 yards recieving and around 13-18 tds.

Not bad for those 2 in only 10 games.:mad:

The best rb I saw was the kid out of Breckenridge.

BEAST

cshscougar08
11-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Mike Hicks, China Spring
Any position. Doesn't really matter.

HM33
11-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Mike Hicks, China Spring
Any position. Doesn't really matter.

I remember that kid. He is good. He going anywhere to play ball after HS?

RedWhiteBlue
11-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Brownwoods Casey Pachall threw for almost 3000 yards and 31 td passes while rushing for over 600 yards and 11 more tds.

Brownwoods WR #4 Parker Taylor had roughly 1000 yards recieving and around 13-18 tds.

Not bad for those 2 in only 10 games.:mad:

The best rb I saw was the kid out of Breckenridge.

BEAST
Who would you guys put up for D, Beast??:devil:

cshscougar08
11-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by HM33
I remember that kid. He is good. He going anywhere to play ball after HS?

As far as I know, he has no offers anywhere. Don't know what's gonna happen with that though. I think the main turnoff is his size. He's only about 5'10" or so. But I really can't see Baylor passing up on him when he's been in their backyard for 4 years.

OldBison75
11-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Dexter Pratt, Navasota Committed to LSU
Brandal Jackson, Navasota Committed to Texas A & M

Chris Whaley, Madisonville Committed to Texas
Garrett Nunn, Bellville Possibly committed to UTEP

Gaston Lamascus WR Navasota (Small but quick and excellent possession receiver) (Two dropped passes all year and has also thrown a few passes.) (Tough as nails and loves contact, plays some outside linebacker also.)

bp80884
11-12-2008, 06:32 PM
As far as I know, he has no offers anywhere. Don't know what's gonna happen with that though. I think the main turnoff is his size. He's only about 5'10" or so. But I really can't see Baylor passing up on him when he's been in their backyard for 4 years.

I "heard" Texas Tech, but that was very unofficial. Someone in the stands mentioned it a few weeks back;

My picks for top players:
Derek Thompson,QB-Glen Rose (Brian Bell will be there next year)

Mike Hicks,WR,Safety-China Spring

trojan37
11-12-2008, 06:34 PM

I would like to see Baylor get him as well as a lot of other local talent. You hear so much about Hicks at WR, but he is just as good on the defensive side of the ball. He can come up quick from the safety position and stop the run like Kenny Vacarro. I was very impressed by him.

HM33
11-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
I would like to see Baylor get him as well as a lot of other local talent. You hear so much about Hicks at WR, but he is just as good on the defensive side of the ball. He can come up quick from the safety position and stop the run like Kenny Vacarro. I was very impressed by him.

This is the problem with Baylor though. They need to expand their recruiting range. They have an amazing QB and now I can actually see them being decent in two years. Just need to get some great recruits and to do they need to go out and get them, not just get the 'locals'.

NastySlot
11-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
We will all know soon enough for our district. The coaches had their meeting this morning.....:D

those teams in your district are going to make long runs so that list my take a little longer to be revealed.

banderafan
11-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Okay, I'll bite!

Bandera QB Cole Hubble

1,954 yards passing - 30TD/5-INT
1,485 yards rushing - 15TD

Hill Country
11-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Brownwood QB/WR tandom, Lattimore MLB from LH...

Soon to be star Micheal Smith Wimberly.

Necks_Fan
11-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Best player I saw all year was the TE for St. Pius....

I have no idea of his name or # but this kid was an INSANE athlete...... not to mention their kicker, who is a Michigan commit.

He punted the ball 75 yards IN THE AIR...... and ALL of his kickoffs were out of the BACK of the endzone..... he was rediculous.

Now, 4 players from Navasota were just GREAT athletes....

Lamascus
Pratt
Stokes
Jackson

Also, Calhoun was the best lineman I saw all year (Navasota).

#33 for El Campo was a BEAST and McCoy at B'Port is a GREAT athlete as well.

Diggs (qb) for Angleton is a really AMAZING player as well.

Just some thoughts.
:) :)

watz4dinner
11-12-2008, 10:25 PM
This is the problem with Baylor though. They need to expand their recruiting range. They have an amazing QB and now I can actually see them being decent in two years. Just need to get some great recruits and to do they need to go out and get them, not just get the 'locals'.

That has been Baylor's problem....they have not recruited the locals. There is plenty of great talent in the local area.

Cosby--texas
davis--OSU
alexander--Mizzou

add to the list.......

Art Briles will do a great job keeping the locals at Baylor......GRIFFIN!

He doesn't need to pass up Hicks or Boutwell. They can flat out play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bandera7
11-12-2008, 10:26 PM
I also have to go with a Bandera kid...FB/LB Tyler Stevens. I was very impressed with his discipline. And he hits like freight train.

Other notables...QB Cole Hubble of Bandera had a great season...WR Cole Hicks of Bandera also.

I know I sound like the biggest homer in the world. I didnt get to see much football.

Rabid Cougar
11-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by watz4dinner
That has been Baylor's problem....they have not recruited the locals. There is plenty of great talent in the local area.

Cosby--texas
davis--OSU
alexander--Mizzou

add to the list.......

Art Briles will do a great job keeping the locals at Baylor......GRIFFIN!

He doesn't need to pass up Hicks or Boutwell. They can flat out play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He passed on Boutwell and Hicks, 55's going to North Texas.

cshscougar08
11-12-2008, 10:56 PM

Like watz4dinner said, their problem is that they have missed the locals. You could build an entire team with all the locals that they have let get away. It's unbelievable. They think that they have the influence to recruit big time talent. They don't. End of story. Start small and work your way up.

martwayne
11-12-2008, 11:07 PM
#22 dexter pratt (committed to lsu)
#5 jacoby stokes
#4 brandall jackson (committed to texas a&m)
#7 gaston lamascus
#17 malcom spriggs
#12 kye hildreth

and the rest of the navasota rattler football team if it wasn't for the team and the coaching staff this season and the things that have been happening the last couple years would not have been possible keep it up rattlers to it all the way to state in win it

Buckeye80
11-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Best 3A RB I saw was Matthew Tucker from Chapel Hill. Best RB I saw was Frank Reddic from 4A Kilgore. That dude is something else to watch. Pure power!

Best defensive player I've seen this year is the sophomore SS from Gladewater. (Don't remember his name). That kid flies to the line like a missile and heads straight for contact. He is also excellent at pass defense.

celinaorange
11-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Austin Carey--Celina DB and WR----attempts to throw in his area were few and far between because the other teams knew that they would be covered on attempts in his area.

RedWhiteBlue
11-13-2008, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
those teams in your district are going to make long runs so that list my take a little longer to be revealed.
I hope you are right....:clap:

PVAMU04
11-13-2008, 09:34 AM
Best RB's

Pratt - Navasota ( LSU)
Whaley - Madsionville (Texas)
Wells - Cameron (JR in High School)

Best WR's

Jackson - Navasota ( A&M)
Sanders - Rockdale ( Not used as much as he should be)
Lamascus - Navasota ( Reminds you of Wes Welker)

Best QB's

Stokes- Navasota ( will play somewhere at the next level)
Russell Shepard - Cy Ridge (LSU, I know he plays in 4A but the kids is good)

OrangeChamps
11-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Like watz4dinner said, their problem is that they have missed the locals. You could build an entire team with all the locals that they have let get away. It's unbelievable. They think that they have the influence to recruit big time talent. They don't. End of story. Start small and work your way up.

Name G - Rec - Yds - Y/G - Avg - Lng - TD
Kendall Wright 10 - 43 - 564 - 56.4 - 13.1 - 55 - 4

Not sure how many of you remember him, but he was the quarterback for Pittsburg a year ago. Was an electrifying player who scared a few Celina people in the first half of last years playoff game. Now he's Baylor's leading receiver as a True Freshman. I guess you could argue that he's not necessarily backyard, but pretty darn close.

RPF2666
11-13-2008, 05:09 PM
I'll take Caleb Lavey...MLB...Celina

Had one bad game (Prosper) in 3 years...

48minutes
11-13-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
Pratt-Navasota
Nunn and Runnels-Bellville
Downey, King and Krenek-Sealy
Not sure of the name but the Fullback from Smithville
La Grange QB and #8

smithville's fullback? really? He is a joke, may be stong as an ox, but ran softer than anyone I saw all year.

Agree with you about nunn thoug forsure. Heck of a player.

RPF2666
11-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Agreed on Argyle's #15. He didn't make a bunch of plays against Celina last week, but he was the reason a couple other guys on their defense had great games