PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Know About These Teams?

Bullaholic
11-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Haven't heard or seen much on the following teams. Will any be a factor in the playoffs?

La Vernia
Carthage
Cleveland
Rio Hondo
Tyler Chapel Hill
New Boston

bandera7
11-11-2008, 02:04 PM
The only one I know about is LaVernia. They can be a major factor if they play to their ability. They are huge on the lines too. Big boys.

Txbroadcaster
11-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Carthage has a legit shot to be playing in the Semi-finals

Chapel Hill's only test this year they were thumped by Gilmer, but they have one of the state's best RB but struggle if he is contained

icu812
11-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Haven't heard or seen much on the following teams. Will any be a factor in the playoffs?

La Vernia
Carthage
Cleveland
Rio Hondo
Tyler Chapel Hill
New Boston

I'll only comment on the 2 I've seen play recently. Carthage is as athletic and talented as any team in 3A (think Gilmer). Spread team with a good passing qb in Blackshire. Tyler Chapel Hill is also very athletic with a beast at tailback (Tucker). Not on the same level as Carthage. Carthage is a factor in the playoffs.

BOCEPHUS
11-11-2008, 02:23 PM
LA VERNIA BIG AND PHYSSICAL LIKE LH. THAR LITTLE'UNS ARE 5'9"-165

Daddy D 11
11-11-2008, 02:25 PM
I know last year Carthage was fairly young, and was by far the best team we played in the playoffs. They hit very hard and have great speed, they impressed the heck outta me.

Third
11-11-2008, 03:06 PM
La Vernia rolled Bandera 49-19 and beat Cuero 21-14 or something like that. Their only loss is a 53-28 decision to Giddings in the second week of the season.

eagles_victory
11-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I know last year Carthage was fairly young, and was by far the best team we played in the playoffs. They hit very hard and have great speed, they impressed the heck outta me. They have a big time running back this year that wasnt on the team last year they are good.

Daddy D 11
11-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
They have a big time running back this year that wasnt on the team last year they are good.

That's scary because last year they had a very Legit running back:eek: He was better than Dexter Pratt and Justin Johnson.

catgut
11-11-2008, 05:19 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Carthage in the finals. They are loaded with athletes.

headhunter
11-11-2008, 05:35 PM
LaVernia is well coached, they will control the line of scrimmage with the big boys and they will blitz you on defense. They are going to take away whatever you do best, when they played Cuero they took away the short passing game and put a lot of pressure on the QB.

They are VERY PHYSICAL, they have a hit you in the mouth attitude and tackle very well. I like the way they play defense and I think that is what will carry them deep in the playoffs. Offensively they take what you give them and are very basic, they like to spread it out and they utilize alot of their skilled players.

Rio Hondo is nothing special, they are a great valley team, but they are not overall very big. They have a few players with some speed but they are not going to run away from you. If you can get up on them early they will fold. I have not been impressed with them the past 2 times I have seen them. You can not take them lightly because they feed off of your mistakes and when they get momentum they seem to play at a higher level, overall they are a middle of the pack team.