PDA

View Full Version : Senior Leadership?

Budman007
11-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Just how important do you think senior leadership is on the success of a high school football team?

Bullaholic
11-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Budman007
Just how important do you think senior leadership is on the success of a high school football team?

Well, Budman---speaking on behalf of the over-55 AARP crowd----I think senior citizens are very important in supporting these young men every week that we can manage to climb into the stands without help. :D

Seriously--I think it is one of the most important factors in a team having a good season and having a chance of going deep in the playoffs. They are the heart and soul of any good team and keep them together to win games---especially when coming from behind on the scoreboard and mistake-free football is paramount. They are the Centurions that lead the phalanx into battle. I think if WOS87 was able to provide the stat of % of seniors for all teams in the past winning titles it would show that they are overwhelingly senior-laden.

TigerFan51
11-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Well, Budman---speaking on behalf of the over-55 AARP crowd----I think senior citizens are very important in supporting these young men every week that we can manage to climb into the stands without help. :D

Seriously--I think it is one of the most important factors in a team having a good season and having a chance of going deep in the playoffs. They are the heart and soul of any good team and keep them together to win games---especially when coming from behind on the scoreboard and mistake-free football is paramount. They are the Centurions that lead the phalanx into battle. I think if WOS87 was able to provide the stat of % of seniors for all teams in the past winning titles it would show that they are overwhelingly senior-laden.

:clap: :cheerl: :ditto:

blaster
11-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Very important Budman, very important. Everyone needs seniors to guide them.....on the field and off. Heck, why do you think all of us young 'uns turn to you and Bullaholic???? LOL

How is the wife by the way. Better I hope!

cshscougar08
11-11-2008, 04:39 PM
It's huge. It really is because the seniors show the new and younger varsity players how to prepare each week and how to lay it all out there. This year's CS varsity team has 34 seniors and most of them played a lot on the way to the state title game last year. So the experience factor is a huge thing for us in this years playoffs.

Budman007
11-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by blaster
Very important Budman, very important. Everyone needs seniors to guide them.....on the field and off. Heck, why do you think all of us young 'uns turn to you and Bullaholic???? LOL

Thanks, Blaster. She is doing much better. I hope Lil Blaster is hitting on all cylinders. We need him to be 100% for the playoffs!

I told my wife that I was thinking about shopping around for a good nursing home for her with all her recent ailments, and she informed me that if I kept that up I might not be around to enjoy my senior years!

Bullaholic
11-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by blaster

LOL, Blaster---I think Budman and I just got respected and called "old" in the same post. It has always been a pleasure to be associated with the kids of Bridgeport, Blaster. As many years back as I can remember we have always been blessed with really good kids that anybody would be proud to call their own---even you, when you were growing up. :D

sinton66
11-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Hmmm, lets see, last year Sinton went 1-9. We have 30 seniors on the 2008 team, and we're 9-0. Probably made some difference.
Key word here is LEADERS. You can have all the seniors you want, but if they aren't LEADERS, it doesn't help.

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

Key word here is LEADERS. You can have all the seniors you want, but if they aren't LEADERS, it doesn't help.
That is very true!