PDA

View Full Version : China Spring vs Burnet

booger
11-11-2008, 11:18 AM
I have not heard anything about this game. Who wins? Will it be a shoot out or a blow out?

Pick6
11-11-2008, 11:41 AM
A China Spring blow out.

Super_R
11-11-2008, 11:44 AM
I don't see Burnet getting it done.

solocam
11-11-2008, 12:34 PM
China Spring by 17

LH_Tuff
11-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Burnet is a scrappy team. I don't think they will win. But CS will know they have been in a game when it is over.

Panther One
11-11-2008, 02:16 PM
I think Burnet is better than most people think and have improved throughout the year. They got off to a rough start against Brownwood, but rebounded the next week against Pflugerville Hendrickson, only to blow an 11-point 4th quarter lead and lose on a 70-yd punt return. Then they face Marble Falls, turn it over six times, and lose a game they should have won easily. They ended their pre-district schedule by dominating Manor.

District didn't start any better for Burnet, as a couple of muffed punts cost them the Wimberley game, and a stupid onside attempt and subsequent kick catch interference with 23 seconds left set Liberty Hill up for the game winner. Since then, they've rattled off four straight and should come into the playoffs well rested having played Ingram and Canyon Lake the past two weeks.

One thing you can count on is that Burnet won't quit. Despite falling behind by 20 against us, they kept battling and pulling out all the stops. If you let up, they'll be back in the game before you know it.

Odds are, Burnet will approach this game similar to ours in that they'll kick onsides, run fake punts, and probably throw in a few trick plays. If they can limit the turnovers, I think they have a chance to keep the game close, if not win. If the turnover bug bites them, then it could get out of hand.

da bean
11-11-2008, 02:49 PM
burnet has no chance china springs by big....burnet is a good team but china springs is just going to overpower them in every aspect of the game

Pick6
11-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by da bean
burnet has no chance

As much as I think CS will win big, I wouldn't go that far. Any team on Friday night can pull an upset.

OldBison75
11-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Everything on paper says that China Spring should win this game easily. Everything in my gut says it will be a close game. If China Spring slips and make a turnover or two and Burnet play s without those mistakes, they could win. Burnet will play the full game and can score points in bunches. Burnet also has nothing to lose, so CS better be ready for anything imaginable in the way of plays from Burnet.

OrangeChamps
11-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Haven't kept up with China Spring since the state game last year. But if they are anything like that team, then they roll through this game. China Spring by at least 2 touchdowns.

Also, what's the story on Hicks this year and the new quarterback?

trojan37
11-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by OrangeChamps
Haven't kept up with China Spring since the state game last year. But if they are anything like that team, then they roll through this game. China Spring by at least 2 touchdowns.

The new qb, " Little Bell", has done an excellent job. When I watched them he seems poised in the pocket and can put the ball where it needs to be. and Mike Hicks is just Mike Hicks. Offense, defense, special teams, the guy can do it all.

cshscougar08
11-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Burnet will play the full game and can score points in bunches.

Yeah but how's their defense? I know our defense will be ready and will be a big factor in this game. I think the question will be can Burnet stop B and Mike from going crazy?

BILLYFRED0000
11-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Yeah but how's their defense? I know our defense will be ready and will be a big factor in this game. I think the question will be can Burnet stop B and Mike from going crazy?

Probably put their best on mike but that will open up someone else. I think CS wins and it stays closer early then they pull away.

cshscougar08
11-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Probably put their best on mike but that will open up someone else. I think CS wins and it stays closer early then they pull away.

That's what I'm thinking as well. There is no such thing as an easy game in the playoffs.

Panther One
11-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Not many expected Rockdale to take China Spring to the wire last year, either. This Burnet team is very comparable to the team Rockdale had a year ago. They are probably a little more athletic, but had the same kind of slow start to the season before getting it rolling late. I think China Spring is the better team, but if a couple of breaks go Burnet's way, it could be interesting.

Necks_Fan
11-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by da bean
burnet has no chance china springs by big....burnet is a good team but china springs is just going to overpower them in every aspect of the game Didn't Burnet come within SECONDS of beating LH? :thinking:

So, they will get dominated by CS?

I'm lost.:confused:

DDBooger
11-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by booger
I have not heard anything about this game. Who wins? Will it be a shoot out or a blow out?
:eek: :eek: Imposter!

Panther One
11-12-2008, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Didn't Burnet come within SECONDS of beating LH? :thinking:

So, they will get dominated by CS?

I'm lost.:confused:
Probably just hatred for a rival. Burnet's a good team, but we definitely could have and probably should have beaten them by 21 or more. If you let up, they'll make you pay...

Boomer
11-12-2008, 08:19 AM
I saw Burnet play their first game, and I would never have thought they would make the playoffs. Way to rebound Burnet! I think CS will win, but like someone said, on Friday night, anybody can win. Good luck!!!

Rabid Cougar
11-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by OrangeChamps

The new QB, Brian Bell, 2,200 yard passing 24 TD's. Hicks has not had the mind blowing season as in the past due to new offensive scheme but still is leading receiver in yards and TD's. Typical game is 4 receptions 120 yards and 2 TDs. He also second leading rusher on team. Unlike last year, CS runs the ball extremely well and not with just one player.

Brutus 1
11-12-2008, 11:09 AM
:D This game will be closer than people think. CS has a great team but Burnet will play hard and keep it close!;)

OrangeChamps
11-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Thanks Cougar.

Sounds like things picked up right where they left off last year. Really don't see anyone giving them a challenge until the semis, but I've been wrong before.

Would love to see a Prosper/China Spring matchup. As long as Prosper can keep from pulling a Prosper then they have a real chance of going that far. Definitly be interesting to watch over the next few weeks.

clemsmarina
11-12-2008, 04:36 PM
China Springs will put up some points on the Bull Dawgs.

I'll say in the range of 49 - 20....

bp80884
11-12-2008, 06:40 PM
CS 49-21. Bell and Hick will dominate and the defense will be tough asd usual. Teams typically score in the 4th against CS.

Come on
11-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Super_R
I don't see Burnet getting it done.

There's a lot you don't see Mini_ R

Super_R
11-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Come on
There's a lot you don't see Mini_ R

Look here Hand...i don't need no crap from the cheap seats. This aint my 1st rodeo. I've seen them play. I've seen what they have to offer. They did give our Panthers a run for their money. Yes they were 3 seconds away from stopping thei Panthers win streak at 29. But on that "any given Friday" they didn't get it done.

And I don't see them getting it done this Friday against CS.

Come on with the come on!

Rabid Cougar
11-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Freakin have to wait two more days.

olddawggreen
11-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Burnet by 7:D

olddawggreen
11-13-2008, 12:01 AM
And thats all I have to say about that;)

espn1
11-13-2008, 08:10 AM
Where is the halfway point between Burnet and Burkburnett?

Rabid Cougar
11-13-2008, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by espn1

There are a lot of nice Gyms between the to towns.

espn1
11-13-2008, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
There are a lot of nice Gyms between the to towns. Keep your head up 10-1 is a nice season!

bp80884
11-13-2008, 08:38 AM

CHINA SPRING!!!

espn1
11-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Sorry! Stadiums too small!:D :D :D

espn1
11-13-2008, 08:06 PM
All kidding aside! I haven't seen any film on CS! Do they run the Spread? If not what type of O do they run?

LHexPlayer
11-13-2008, 08:08 PM
All kidding aside! I haven't seen any film on CS! Do they run the Spread? If not what type of O do they run?

Do you have time warner cable by any chance? If you do you can watch one of their games on channel 1400. That central Texas ondemand station.

lv2937
11-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
I think Burnet is better than most people think and have improved throughout the year. They got off to a rough start against Brownwood, but rebounded the next week against Pflugerville Hendrickson, only to blow an 11-point 4th quarter lead and lose on a 70-yd punt return. Then they face Marble Falls, turn it over six times, and lose a game they should have won easily. They ended their pre-district schedule by dominating Manor.

District didn't start any better for Burnet, as a couple of muffed punts cost them the Wimberley game, and a stupid onside attempt and subsequent kick catch interference with 23 seconds left set Liberty Hill up for the game winner. Since then, they've rattled off four straight and should come into the playoffs well rested having played Ingram and Canyon Lake the past two weeks.

One thing you can count on is that Burnet won't quit. Despite falling behind by 20 against us, they kept battling and pulling out all the stops. If you let up, they'll be back in the game before you know it.

Odds are, Burnet will approach this game similar to ours in that they'll kick onsides, run fake punts, and probably throw in a few trick plays. If they can limit the turnovers, I think they have a chance to keep the game close, if not win. If the turnover bug bites them, then it could get out of hand. FYI that was not an onside kick against ya,ll. he was told to kick it deep. he missed the ball and kicked the tee. the tee went all the way to the 10 yard line. the poor kid just made a bad kick and it might have cost us the ball game.

Panther One
11-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by lv2937
FYI that was not an onside kick against ya,ll. he was told to kick it deep. he missed the ball and kicked the tee. the tee went all the way to the 10 yard line. the poor kid just made a bad kick and it might have cost us the ball game.
Thanks for the info and good look tomorrow night!

Burkburnett
11-14-2008, 10:15 AM
As far as next week goes, this is what I am hearing...

Burkburnett / China Spring will be on Saturday at 6:00 at Aledo.

Burkburnett / Burnet will be on Saturday at 2:00 at Mineral Wells.