PDA

View Full Version : not a football post but...

themsu97
11-11-2008, 08:45 AM
thank you to all Veteran's who served to protect our freedoms so we can have a board like this, a place to worship if we so choose, and the right to vote freely in an election without fear of retaliation or a revolution...

thank you

garciap77
11-11-2008, 08:49 AM
You are welcome!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/080508-203448-530007.jpg

TigerFan51
11-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
thank you to all Veteran's who served to protect our freedoms so we can have a board like this, a place to worship if we so choose, and the right to vote freely in an election without fear of retaliation or a revolution...

thank you

I second this! My dad is a veteran of WWII who just celebrated his 90th birthday this past Saturday! I'm thankful to him and all the men and women who serve, have served and have served and died so that my kids and I can lay our heads down without fear and at peace every night!:clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Johnny Utah
11-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Best post all day. Thanks again!!!

NastySlot
11-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Thanks to all of our vets.

Here is a story of one of the best men I have ever met coaching or just in life....interviewed with him once...just an all out great person....believe his son might still coach in the metroplex area.....thanks coach and to all the others.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/Coaching_dreams_helped_Marine_survive_Vietnam.html

BILLYFRED0000
11-11-2008, 03:50 PM
I want you guys to know that we all appreciate the people who recognize our service. I want to share a good story with you.

My oldest daughter got married to USAF boy last summer. We had gone out to dinner some months before when he brought his friends with him. We had gone to lunch and the 4 of them were in their dress blues. We told the waiter to split the checks out cause I could not pay for everybody but wanted to pay for my daughters intended. He brought it back after we ate and said it was not split out. 10 of us ate including my family and it was over 100 dollar bill. He said it would be obvious why when we looked at the ticket. Someone had paid our bill. The boys were all from up north except Paul and they could not believe it. Turns out there were 2 other tables that tried to pay our bill. Those boys still talk about that day and how much they loved Texas because of that cause we all generally feel that way.