PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Search...input please...

IHStangFan
11-11-2008, 02:37 AM
So we're looking for a new mid sized SUV....some stipulations....

I'm looking for something preferably w/ 4x4 or AWD....

Decent fuel economy...

3rd row seating....

etc.

So far we've test driven:

The new 2009 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Limited...
It does not have the 3rd row seating, but was equipt very nicely w/ touch screen nav, etc. It had a fun factor to drive and you could tell it was based off of a sport inspired platform. Power was adequate w/ the turbocharged 2.5L boxer engine. Road noise was a bit louder than I'd of expected....

The new 2009 Honda Pilot EX-L 4x4...
This car was very nice. It drove well, had loads of options including an engine management system that kicked down to 3 cyls when cruising to increase fuel econ., etc, had 3rd row seating, plenty of cargo room, etc.

The 2009 Volvo XC90...
This was a nice car, a bit pricey for my taste. It was equipt nicely, but to get the AWD you have to buy the V8 supposedly.

We're also wanting to look at the Mazda CX9 and the Hyundai Santa Fe.

I'm not impressed w/ any of the big 3's contributions to this class of vehicle. The Acadia is the only one I'd even consider. Not a fan of Dodge at all and that includes Jeep, and Ford...well...they don't really make a vehicle other than their big trucks that I like.

Does anyone have any other input? Thanks !!!!

Dogman_1969
11-11-2008, 01:55 PM
In 2004 my wife and I bought a Honda Element after looking into SUV's in the same class that you are talking about. We looked at the CRV, Mazda, Toyota 4 runner, Nissan Xterra, Ford Escape, and the Chevrolet Trailblazer.

After a salesman in C Cove talked me into a test drive on a Element we loved it. Great SUV with a lot of interior room. I am 6'3" 295lbs and my son is 6'4" and could sit behind me with absolutely no leg room issue. Only reason we traded it in was with sports camps and 7 on 7 (I coach) I needed a big SUV that would carry extra kids that didn't have ride so we swapped it for a Yukon XL but I wish we had it back daily. Ours was AWD, had a sunroof, great sterio, but only got about 21/23 mpg despite the dealer telling us it would get 26 or so on hwy.

When we traded it in it had 40,000 miles was 2 yrs old and brought $13,500 trade in and I bought it new for 21 drive out.....

Good luck......

Necks_Fan
11-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Not meeting any of your criteria.... but I want a mini cooper (lime green)

Those cars are sweet...but small though.

Still, that's what I want.:)

WylieBulldog92
11-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Not meeting any of your criteria.... but I want a mini cooper (lime green)

Those cars are sweet...but small though.

Still, that's what I want.:)
I can't believe this!

Well at least it didn't take you too long to come out of the closet...

Necks_Fan
11-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
I can't believe this!

Well at least it didn't take you too long to come out of the closet... I don't care what anybody says... Mini's are cool.

SWMustang
11-12-2008, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan

Does anyone have any other input? Thanks !!!!

Big Russ in 3...2...1...:)

We have an Acura MDX which is just a little more whistles and bells than the pilot, but essentially the same rig. I'd go with the pilot over the subaru. I think the Acura MDX is more comparable to the volvo.

IHStangFan
11-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Necks...the orig. Minis were cool...my wife wants one of the new ones...the 4door. Thanks for the input fellas. I had orig. been leaning towards the Subaru, but after driving the above listed, I'm all in favor of the Honda at this point. Very nice vehicle.

slpybear the bullfan
11-13-2008, 09:17 PM
I would suggest either a GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Traverse (same things) or a Nissan Murano.

All good vehicles.

shackina
11-14-2008, 01:41 AM
I have a mini cooper and I love it!! would not trade it for any other car in the world, except maybe a aston martin. But I would never tell Teri Tue that she is a awsome car!!!

Keith7
11-14-2008, 02:57 AM
A friend of mine has a honda crv that I really like.. It has a really nice interior, came with a navigation system, and he says it gets good gas mileage (I don't ride with him enough to know for sure, but Honda's website says so too if that makes any difference).. Just from my experiences of riding with him, I would recommend at least looking into a CRV

44INAROW
11-14-2008, 10:34 AM
Be sure and call your insurance person 1st with VIN#'s - some of the "foreign" makes can jack your insurance up pretty good. I am not saying good or bad about them - just seen what the rates can do:p

BreckTxLonghorn
11-14-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I don't care what anybody says... Mini's are cool.

No. No they're not. Those cars are not made for anyone over 5'7", and still few can ride with you. A girl I worked with used to have one, and 3 people was all we could fit in there to go to lunch, because a 4th would cause it to bottom out. A lot.

They're not comfortable. They're not very technologically advanced. They look like a matchbox partly open. I can fully attest that this is a car that absolutely no one should be driving.