PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Picks(27th)

Super_Fan
09-24-2002, 07:50 PM
What teams do yall have to win this Friday?

[This message has been edited by Super_Fan (edited September 24, 2002).]

ThaRealBulldog
09-24-2002, 08:16 PM
Im a freshman at Carthage high school so naturally I hope Carthage wins but I think Kilgore will win but Carthage will play well maybe not win but play well against a pretty good 4a team going and have momentum into district.

[This message has been edited by ThaRealBulldog (edited September 24, 2002).]

chris02
09-25-2002, 11:14 AM
there are some pretty hard picks in 17-3a this friday. hillsboro-gatesville i'm not certain who will come out on top but from what i've come to know there seems to be a hole in hillsboro's team somewhere as to being exactly together in the right sense...something seems to be lacking somewhere...so for that game i'm gonna have to choose gatesville. i think that west has a very good possibility of coming out on top of the west-la vega game, guess we'll see how that goes i know west hasn't had much of a chance at anything in the past but they seem to look a little promising this yr, don't expect great things from them but ya know. the china spring-connally game could be rather interesting as well since china seems to have lost many great players and can't seem to get it quite right and connally has improved tremendously. i hope all of the games go well for the players involved & wish everyone good clean games.

AAAfan
09-25-2002, 11:46 AM
My picks for 17AAA are:

1. Hillsboro over Gatesville. Why? Hillsboro is at home and looking to redeem theirselves after an 0-3 start. This team is better than 0-3. However, Gatesville is by no means a chump team. The Hornets are a well balanced football team who's only loss was on the road to a highly ranked Burnett team. I think the hornets might take the Eagles and their 0-3 record too lightly. This is my upset of the week.

2. Connally over China Springs. Why? The Cougars are trying to rebuild after losing key personel. Connally is on the way up and has shocked me with their vicory over Alvarado. Look for the Cadets to march into Chinatown and come away with a victory.

3. La Vega over West. Why? yea yea West is 3-0, but who have they played? Until they beat a AAA football team I will be scepticle. La Vega is down this year, but they still have enough mo doc to beat the Trojans.

4. Robinson over Whitney? Why? Enough said.

Ozzy
09-25-2002, 01:31 PM
1. Hillsboro vs. Gatesville -- Gatesville. why? Gatesville rocks

2. Connally vs. China Spring -- China Spring. why? China Spring rocks

3. La Vega vs. West -- West. why? West rocks

-----------------------------------------------------

"Misty morning,Clouds in the sky. Without warning, the wizard walks by. Casting his shadow, weaving his spell. Funny clothes, twinkling bell."

chris02
09-25-2002, 01:37 PM
i do know that west really hasn't beaten a "formidable" team as i guess u'd call it, though i thought reicher was decent (private school). i just think that despite the outcome of the west-lv game that for once west should put up a pretty good fight. i'm hoping for a west win, course call me biased on the situation for being a west grad but oh well. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif