PDA

View Full Version : 9-3a vs 10-3a

orange machine
11-10-2008, 03:01 AM
Who wins and why details

Paris vs Argyle - Argyle in a close game because Argyle plays good defesne and has a offense that can score quick and alot if they are on.

NL vs Prosper - NL in a upset because Prosper over the last 3 weeks seems to have lost some steam and NL loss to VA seems to have revived them.

Van Alstyne vs Celina - Celina i think wins by a nice margin because we have a strong healty oline that has been hit hard with injuries, but are ready to go now and our tailback Charlie Waldrep is back and looking pretty sharp. VA has one player there qb if you stop him you stop the VA offense. Also VA's defesne has a very hard time stopping the run. Celina wants to run and should be able to this week. Also now that the Celina oline is healty they are giving our qb much more time to throw the ball which was huge in the Celina Argyle game.

catgut
11-10-2008, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
Who wins and why details

Paris vs Argyle - Argyle in a close game because Argyle plays good defesne and has a offense that can score quick and alot if they are on.

NL vs Prosper - NL in a upset because Prosper over the last 3 weeks seems to have lost some steam and NL loss to VA seems to have revived them.

Van Alstyne vs Celina - Celina i think wins by a nice margin because we have a strong healty oline that has been hit hard with injuries, but are ready to go now and our tailback Charlie Waldrep is back and looking pretty sharp. VA has one player there qb if you stop him you stop the VA offense. Also VA's defesne has a very hard time stopping the run. Celina wants to run and should be able to this week. Also now that the Celina oline is healty they are giving our qb much more time to throw the ball which was huge in the Celina Argyle game.

One question I've asked but have not seen answered is what kind of team speed does Argyle have? As for this game, I think it's going to be a tough game. Whoever wins this one I think will go a couple more rounds. If they can control Paris speed they will win, if not I think Paris wins.

NL has struggled since the Paris game mostly because of injuries I think. They have a big offensive line and could control the ball if they just mix in a few more passes. I'll go with them in an upset to most folks.

Celina should win but don't think just because Van Alystene is basically a one man threat that you can shut them down completely. I look for Celina to go deep into the playoffs until they catch Carthage.

OldNavy
11-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Carthage is in region 3. To catch them would be in the state finals wouldn't it?

I don't see Prosper losing to a 5-5 North Lamar. Prosper lost only a close game to Bridgeport and should not be down for this game.

WylieBulldog92
11-10-2008, 08:09 AM
I think I have Celina winning their region so for sure they will win,

Prosper wins, I think they turn it on for the playoffs.

And I think Argyle's defense comes to play and their offense blows out the Eiffel Tower.

BobcatBenny
11-10-2008, 10:08 AM
I talked with a Van Alstyne fan yesterday and they said Paris had all kinds of speed which gave them fits.

Of course Paris appears to of had as rough a season as the Bobcats so far, but if they are peaking at the right time, it sounds like they could be a handful of trouble.

firstdown
11-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by catgut
One question I've asked but have not seen answered is what kind of team speed does Argyle have? As for this game, I think it's going to be a tough game. Whoever wins this one I think will go a couple more rounds. If they can control Paris speed they will win, if not I think Paris wins.

Speed? We don't need no speed. :D Our tail back is very fast he runs a 5.4 in the 40.

We have plenty of speed and size the key to our winning or losing has had more to do with self inflicted wounds. Penalties and turnovers have killed us this year. I believe that if we play mistake free we can play with most. However we are young and a few mistakes early kill us. We have not discovered how to play thru the rough times. Give us a lead and look out, give us mistakes early and thump, thump thump...

Pick6
11-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Propser wins easily. OM refuses to give them the respect that they deserve.

CHS_89
11-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Firstdown,

Congrats on making the playoffs. It was a good game last Friday night. I thought the running back was pretty darn quick. #24 is the real deal and the QB isn't to shabby in my OP. Who was that big kid that lined up as a receiver? That guy caught a pass late in the game and I thought to myself "I'd hate to have to tackle that guy". Anyway, good luck to you guys in the playoffs.

gatordaze
11-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Propser wins easily. OM refuses to give them the respect that they deserve.

I for one hope Prosper wins state! Daingerfield and Whitehouse for that matter!

firstdown
11-10-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by CHS_89
Firstdown,

Congrats on making the playoffs. It was a good game last Friday night. I thought the running back was pretty darn quick. #24 is the real deal and the QB isn't to shabby in my OP. Who was that big kid that lined up as a receiver? That guy caught a pass late in the game and I thought to myself "I'd hate to have to tackle that guy". Anyway, good luck to you guys in the playoffs.

If your thinking of #7 that would be Tyler Sweat. 6-0 245lbs He is a Jr. this year. That young man has trucked a few DB's this year.

Dieselsmoke
11-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by OldNavy
Carthage is in region 3. To catch them would be in the state finals wouldn't it?

I don't see Prosper losing to a 5-5 North Lamar. Prosper lost only a close game to Bridgeport and should not be down for this game.
NL lost to Paris by 5 and VA by 2, was ahead of Pleasant Grove late in the 4th, doubled LE's offense 432 to 217 total yards, have not been out of any games this year so the 5-5 record doesn't tell the whole story. NL is beat up and that may cost them.

Paris is coming together and believing in themselves they have played their best ball the last four games, I pick them to win.

Celina by 2 TD's

orange machine
11-15-2008, 01:43 AM
9-3a sweeps 10-3a.

catgut
11-15-2008, 09:16 AM
I think a combination of wind and nerves got to Paris. First playoff game in about 10 years and they definitley didn't play up to our potential. Alystene has a good team and deserved to win but the wind killed us the first quarter when we were facing it deep in our own territory the whole first quarter.

firstdown
11-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by catgut
I think a combination of wind and nerves got to Paris. First playoff game in about 10 years and they definitley didn't play up to our potential. Alystene has a good team and deserved to win but the wind killed us the first quarter when we were facing it deep in our own territory the whole first quarter.

The wind was a factor. However it was not the reason we won. Our defense shut Paris down. It didn't matter which way Paris was going in the first half. In the second half two mistakes by us cost us 14 points. We win that game every time any place.

Paris
Rushing 29 - 19 yards
Passing 14-31-1 total 117 yards
total 136 yards for the game

Not to impressive huh, I would say that the best team won.