PDA

View Full Version : 2-3A Post Season Awards (Opinions)

WylieBulldog92
11-09-2008, 11:12 PM
District Overall MVP - Troy Roberson, Breckinridge

Offensive MVP - Casey Pachall, Brownwood

Co-Defensive MVPs - Chance Perkins and Michael Seidensticker, Abilene Wylie

Coach of the Year - Hugh Sandifer, Abilene Wylie

All opinions and criticisms welcome!

ivchris
11-09-2008, 11:26 PM
I'd go Jessie Jennings on the Defensive MVP, other than that, I'd say your picks are pretty good.

Snydertigersrul
11-09-2008, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92

Are you crazy? The MVP on a LAST PLACE TEAM and the offensive MVP on a team that didn't MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

swstangs001
11-10-2008, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Are you crazy? The MVP on a LAST PLACE TEAM and the offensive MVP on a team that didn't MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

its not the best player on the best team, its the player who was mosst valuable to his team, take those 2 away from their teams and see how much better they'd do without them

WylieBulldog92
11-10-2008, 12:37 AM
Maybe, but maybe you're mad you didn't have anyone up there?:thinking:

My justifications,

Troy Roberson gave Breckenridge a chance to win every game, unfortunately the rest of the team didn't give him a chance to win.

Casey Pachall led the Brownwood Lions to be top in the district for scoring, and threw for 29 TD's and ran for 8 more.

grahampaw
11-10-2008, 12:44 AM
I do agree that coach Sandifer should be coach of the year, but I would like to give a mention for Coach McCoy after bringing a 1-4 team into district and making the right moves for us to compete and have a chance at the playoffs up until 10 minutes after our last game when Snyder held on to win.

WylieBulldog92
11-10-2008, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by grahampaw
I do agree that coach Sandifer should be coach of the year, but I would like to give a mention for Coach McCoy after bringing a 1-4 team into district and making the right moves for us to compete and have a chance at the playoffs up until 10 minutes after our last game when Snyder held on to win.
I can say no coach in our district is bad, even if their records try to indicate so.

swstangs001
11-10-2008, 12:55 AM
I can say no coach in our district is bad, even if their records try to indicate so.

who is brecks coach:confused: i don't even know

grahampaw
11-10-2008, 01:00 AM
Coach Fambro and he did a great job.

Snydertigersrul
11-10-2008, 07:05 AM

My justifications,

Troy Roberson gave Breckenridge a chance to win every game, unfortunately the rest of the team didn't give him a chance to win.

Casey Pachall led the Brownwood Lions to be top in the district for scoring, and threw for 29 TD's and ran for 8 more.

BRECKENRIDGE: 1-9 AND 0-5
BROWNWOOD: 3-7 AND 1-4

How much did they really help their team???

:rolleyes:

WylieBulldog92
11-10-2008, 07:58 AM

How much worse would their team be without them?

RedWhiteBlue
11-10-2008, 08:37 AM

My justifications,

Did you check out the stats on Roberson from Friday's game? just curious.....:thinking:

Looking4number8
11-10-2008, 08:56 AM
I agee with all of these. Even though STR think Snyder should recieve all the awards I think your picks are fine. Without Pachall's arm Brownwood would not have made all those games so much fun to watch. They were all close.

Robinson was a one man team. Never came off the field for Breckenridge and the kid never gave up. Played hard every minute of every game.

RMAC
11-10-2008, 10:15 AM

He already posted his reasons for his picks. They make sense to everyone, but for some reason they just go about 10 feet over your head. . . and we're all so amazed by that.:rolleyes: I agree BD92, good picks. I know the Steers didn't make the playoffs, but I'd also 2nd McCoy and the entire Graham staff for honorable mention as coach for giving a VERY young team a chance at a playoff run in arguably the toughest district in 3A.

Troybuilt
11-10-2008, 11:02 AM

District overall MVP. ------- Rufus McAnn (The most valuable player to his team in all aspects of the game.

Offensive MVP. --------- Case McCoy (The team almost made it to the playoffs and this young team could not have won a game without him.)

Defensive MVP -------- Jesse Jennings (Every other Wylie player could be replaced with a backup that was equal, except Jennings).

Coach of the Year ------ Brad McCoy (A coach that always does more with less. Its easy to coach when you have a truck load of talent. McCoy consistently does a good job with what he has.)

Daddy D 11
11-10-2008, 11:07 AM

Once again, we didnt say how much they helped their team or how good their team was, we said how VALUABLE they are to their team. (LISTEN)

BobcatBenny
11-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Drum Roll .................

Benny gives District 2-3A .............

More Drum Roll ...............

The Most Over-hyped District in Texas 3A Football Award!

I call it - "The Benny" :D

DaHop72
11-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Drum Roll .................

Benny gives District 2-3A .............

More Drum Roll ...............

The Most Over-hyped District in Texas 3A Football Award!

I call it - "The Benny" :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BreckTxLonghorn
11-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Did you check out the stats on Roberson from Friday's game? just curious.....:thinking:

Roberson had 108 running. It was however, his lowest total of the season, or district, one or the other. Either way, Graham did the best of the other teams in holding him back, but if 108 yds is the lowest, there needs to be some consideration on district MVP.

Stownhorse
11-10-2008, 02:48 PM

I like yours but its a toss up between Roberson and McCann. McCann is the heart and soul of that team and he is a leader as well as a great LB.

grahampaw
11-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Although Case was very important to Graham I wouldnt say they wouldnt win a game without him there are very capable QBs waiting to take over after next year.....also if Ethen Hisser had recovered earlier from a broken arm I would say he could have been defensive player of the year.(ask the Wylie QB about that)the kid had a compound fracture and played in weeks8 and on.