PDA

View Full Version : Ever see fireworks at a HS Football game?

slpybear the bullfan
11-09-2008, 09:59 PM
The Bulls faithful were treated to some last Friday after finishing there first 10-0 season!

http://skattershooting.blogspot.com/2008/11/no-november-surprise-couple-of-perfect.html

Never have seen that before. And a HUGE THANK YOU to the special person that was responsible.

Has anyone else ever seen this before?

(sorry for all the late posting about a game last friday, but I was out of town all weekend and still jazzed up when I got home!)

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2008, 10:07 PM
I've only seen it once - at Giddings, Zero Week.

That's pretty cool for the Bulls! :)

gtownfan
11-09-2008, 10:08 PM
We have fireworks every home game. At the end of the National Anthem and after scores. Interesting since we've been under a county wide burn ban since July, so not sure how they are getting around the ban.

But this has been going on for 3 years now.

The fireworks are done by a local resident living right across the street from the campus.

pirate4state
11-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Only at Giddings. Wasn't expecting it. Scared me!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Port Isabel last year against Rio Hondo, even though the Tarpons lost they had the fireworks still. Lyford will have fireworks after the game against Sinton if they win, they use them on Friday after the win over Raymondville.

slpybear the bullfan
11-09-2008, 10:16 PM
Bridgeport's were a 30 second continuous burst like you see at the big finale of a fireworks show. It stopped everyone in the tracks! Pretty cool... of course, that scoreboard in the pic was kinda cool too. ;)

BullsFan
11-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Pretty cool... of course, that scoreboard in the pic was kinda cool too. ;)

The scoreboard is what makes the pic so far as I'm concerned. But yes, HUGE thanks goes out to the persond responsible for the fireworks. What a special, special night.

kepdawg
11-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Only at Giddings. Wasn't expecting it. Scared me!

They had fireworks?

pirate4state
11-09-2008, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
They had fireworks? Not at the field, but behind us somewhere.

Bull Butter
11-09-2008, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Port Isabel last year against Rio Hondo, even though the Tarpons lost they had the fireworks still. Lyford will have fireworks after the game against Sinton if they win, they use them on Friday after the win over Raymondville.

That's still a sore subject around PI. The administration decided to shoot off fireworks even after RH defeated PI to win the District crown. Many PI fans took that as a slap in the face from their own administration:mad:

kepdawg
11-10-2008, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Not at the field, but behind us somewhere.

I can't remember nothing!

Bullaholic
11-10-2008, 09:58 AM
The Bulls have got a lot of great fans, and many thanks to the person providing the fireworks. It was like whipped cream on a banana split for the Bulls Friday night.

Johnny 5
11-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
That's still a sore subject around PI. The administration decided to shoot off fireworks even after RH defeated PI to win the District crown. Many PI fans took that as a slap in the face from their own administration:mad:

That was quite funny and ironic.

:clap: :clap:

My hats off to them for having class, though ;)

tigerchick_2013
11-10-2008, 11:31 AM
We played in Andrews 4 or 5 years back, can't remember the year for sure but it was pretty awesome, they turned the lights out at the field and put on quite a display, better than some of our weaker July 4th fireworks.:)

GO TIGERS beat Cooper!!!!

BwdLion_80
11-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Not that I care, but just a little FYI. This is from the UIL rules manual. We used to do the same thing after the national anthem about 15 years ago, and we were warned to stop doing it.

(n) MASCOTS, FIREARMS, PYROTECHNIC DEVICES, BALLOONS. Live animal
mascots, cannons, firearms, fireworks, etc. are prohibited at League athletic contests.
Except in their normal course of business, emergency vehicles shall not flash lights or
sound sirens during the course of a game. Noisemakers are prohibited at League athletic
events held in field houses and/or gymnasiums. Releasing balloons is prohibited at
League athletic events held outdoors.

Johnny 5
11-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Most schools have their fireworks set off off of school property, and someone that is not in the district sets them off.

No need to get your panties in a bunch ;)

BwdLion_80
11-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Well, for one thing, I don't wear panties.:taunt:

Years ago, ours were not set off on school property either. Like I said, it really does not matter to me, I just remember what we were told way back then.:D

Johnny 5
11-10-2008, 12:30 PM
you should try the silk ones . . . they are smooth!

from what my wife tells me lol

BwdLion_80
11-10-2008, 12:48 PM
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Any specific brand?:eek:

Johnny 5
11-10-2008, 01:11 PM
She buys the good stuff from Victoria's Secret . . .

I likey lol

gtownfan
11-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
Not that I care, but just a little FYI. This is from the UIL rules manual. We used to do the same thing after the national anthem about 15 years ago, and we were warned to stop doing it.

(n) MASCOTS, FIREARMS, PYROTECHNIC DEVICES, BALLOONS. Live animal
mascots, cannons, firearms, fireworks, etc. are prohibited at League athletic contests.
Except in their normal course of business, emergency vehicles shall not flash lights or
sound sirens during the course of a game. Noisemakers are prohibited at League athletic
events held in field houses and/or gymnasiums. Releasing balloons is prohibited at
League athletic events held outdoors.

Wow! Columbus released red and white balloons this past friday when their team came onto the field in honor of their seniors. Did not know that was prohibited.

swstangs001
11-10-2008, 03:51 PM
the last few times sweetwater has played wylie ive seen them

Rocket
11-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Fireworks at Gordon Wood Stadium after what we thought was Gordon Wood's 400th win. I believe the 400 lit up with fireworks...

swstangs001
11-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Fireworks at Gordon Wood Stadium after what we thought was Gordon Wood's 400th win. I believe the 400 lit up with fireworks...

after you thought? what does that mean?