PDA

View Full Version : Why is Bridgeport 10-0?

8HR
11-09-2008, 06:28 PM
I do not know much about Bridgeport so maybe some of you could help me out. In your opinion, what are the main reasons Bridgeport has been able to remain undefeated. Offense? Defense? Other? Do they play good team ball or do they have a few studs? Can they be beaten this year? How?

Bullaholic
11-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Maybe this will give a little insight without being too biased:

http://www.wcmessenger.com/sports/football_content/EkkyEylkuFGAxEcVnC.php

8HR
11-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks Bullaholic.

Budman007
11-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Bridgeport has a high scoring offense every year based primarily on throwing the ball. With a very big, physical, and athletic O-line, the Bulls can also play a smashmouth, running game with anyone this year (O-line averages over 275 lbs). They also play as a team and play very smart with very few mistakes. This year the Bulls also have a very good, quick defense which has often been their achilles heel in past years.

Another reason they're 10-0 is excellent senior leadership with 32 seniors on this team. As a class this group of seniors has been virtually unbeatable since pee wee football. The Bull coaches have also done a sterling job this year puttings kids in the right positions and preparing them very well week after week.

Just from my perspective as a dad of one of the Bulls.
Hope this helps.

Go Bulls!!!

Trashman
11-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by 8HR
Why is Bridgeport 10-0?

Because they have won every game?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

slpybear the bullfan
11-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Purely biased on my part... but I think Budman pretty much covered it...

A defense that is pretty salty
lost of seniors
terrific scouting and gameplanning this year

and IMHO, the most balanced and impressive offense we have ever fielded.

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

terrific scouting
Potentially 2-4 weeks in advance. :D

Budman007
11-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Why is Bridgeport 10-0?

My Reader's Digest answer---they are GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

GO BULLS!

frogbacker09
11-09-2008, 10:51 PM
bridgeport is a solid team with an outstanding offense. the defense is underrated but in my opinion just as good as the offense. a really good team as a whole.

OldBison75
11-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Bridgeport is 10-0 because they have a flashy, high scoring offense, a stingy defense, and plenty of hungry seniors. BUT, the competition level is going to rise very quickly. They have beaten a few pretty good teams, and will see some as good and some better in the next few weeks. We'll see how good they are very soon. Right now, they look as good as anybody.

westcoast54
11-09-2008, 11:04 PM
I'll tell you why they are good...and I've seen them up close and personnal. They block, tackle, and hustle. Oh yea...they have a good offense. They run the ball just as well as they throw it. Their defense may be the best they've ever had. Most of the time they have been able to score but couldn't stop people. Now they score and then stop you. They also don't make mistakes on special teams. They are just good. I believe if they get the right breaks, which even good teams have to get in the playoffs, they will make a strong run.

BullsFan
11-09-2008, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Potentially 2-4 weeks in advance. :D

So you saw that, huh? :D

grahampaw
11-10-2008, 12:59 AM
The reason they are 10-0 is because they have one of the best teams in the state and the best Drummer in the state....Go Chad!!!

BullsFan
11-10-2008, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by grahampaw
The reason they are 10-0 is because they have one of the best teams in the state and the best Drummer in the state....Go Chad!!!

As one of Chad's former teachers (and Annbra's too), I'll echo that remark--GO CHAD!!! One of the nicest young men I've ever had the pleasure to teach. :)

Snydertigersrul
11-10-2008, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by 8HR
I do not know much about Bridgeport so maybe some of you could help me out. In your opinion, what are the main reasons Bridgeport has been able to remain undefeated. Offense? Defense? Other? Do they play good team ball or do they have a few studs? Can they be beaten this year? How?

They have not played the Snyder Tigers yet

:D

VERNONLION#1
11-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Bridgeport reminds me of a high school version of Texas Tech. With that being said they will have a tough road ahead but will make some noise. Good luck.

sportsdude
11-10-2008, 08:58 AM
They are undefeated for all the reasons that the great teams win state titles - they have an offense that could be the most dangerous in Texas, a defense that would probably not allow more than 200 yards a game if the studs played all four quarters and that have great coaching.....in up and down years.
As I watched the Bulls whip Decatur Friday, I have a scratch piece of paper that I was writting strengths and weaknesses on since I think this team will be playing in Decatur. I ran out of room on my strength paper and my weakness chart had nothing on it. In fact, there were (IMHO) on two small miscues that kept it from being "a perfect game" and both were on special teams. And those two things were mishaps that rarely happen.

Of all the huge stats this team is producing, I think the most impressive is that Bridgeport has only been intercepted three times all year. And the last pick came in week 3 of the season. That kind of work my your QB and the offensive line for not letting him get flushed or rattled is just un'bull'ievable.

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
So you saw that, huh? :D
LOL! Yeah :D

Daddy D 11
11-10-2008, 10:44 AM
I cannot wait for them to meet LH:D

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I cannot wait for them to meet LH:D :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

DaHop72
11-10-2008, 10:51 AM
Don't you two know Grandpa said "Never count your chickens before they hatch".;) ;)

Daddy D 11
11-10-2008, 10:53 AM
So for LH, it's looking like, West, Vernon, Sweetwater and then either Snyder/Bridgeport. Then probably either Celina or Arygle.

That's if we even get that far, but I'm just speculating:p :devil:

I don't like that Vernon has a bye and an extra week to prepare for us, but oh well, not like teams haven't had that in the past.

I do like that Vernon and Sweetwater are run oriented teams. Then sounds like we just have to prepare for Bridgeports wide open passing attack or Snyders smash mouth tactics. Then it's Celinas balanced attack.

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Don't you two know Grandpa said "Never count your chickens before they hatch".;) ;)
I'm not counting. I figure they'll cruise this week, them BLAM!, straight into Llano. ;)

Budman007
11-10-2008, 11:20 AM
So for LH, it's looking like, West, Vernon, Sweetwater and then either Snyder/Bridgeport. Then probably either Celina or Arygle.

That's if we even get that far, but I'm just speculating:p :devil:

I don't like that Vernon has a bye and an extra week to prepare for us, but oh well, not like teams haven't had that in the past.

I do like that Vernon and Sweetwater are run oriented teams. Then sounds like we just have to prepare for Bridgeports wide open passing attack or Snyders smash mouth tactics. Then it's Celinas balanced attack.

That's a great idea to just prepare for Bridgeport's wide open passing attack. The Bulls did'nt run the ball any this season. ;)

Daddy D 11
11-10-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Budman007
That's a great idea to just prepare for Bridgeport's wide open passing attack. The Bulls did'nt run the ball any this season. ;)

LOL to be honest, I've just heard a few posters mention yalls passing attack, thats why i said it. Beside those comments, I don't know anything about Bridgeport..except that we are going to beat you:D

slpybear the bullfan
11-10-2008, 11:29 AM

Actually, this year it is Bridgeport's balanced offensive attack... vs. a one dimensional team.

And yeah, we are looking at each week one game at a time, but I would like to get a crack at LH down the road. Might as well face off against the best, and until LH is beat, they are the best.

DaHop72
11-10-2008, 11:31 AM
If things work out right, I could meet Bullaholic and slpybear. Now that would be cool. :thumbsup:

Daddy D 11
11-10-2008, 11:31 AM
Actually, this year it is Bridgeport's balanced offensive attack... vs. a one dimensional team.

And yeah, we are looking at each week one game at a time, but I would like to get a crack at LH down the road. Might as well face off against the best, and until LH is beat, they are the best.

We want to play the best too, nothing beats a really hyped up, intense, COLD saturday afternoon game in December. I love those better than Friday night games, if you are winning on Saturday afternoons, it means you're going places.

So what is your base offense? You say balanced, but what formations are you running out of.

Budman007
11-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Bulls season stats: 241 yds rushing 258 yds passing avg per game. Yes, just go ahead and prepare for the passing attack Daddy D 11.

Bulls run out of multiple formations very similar to Texas Tech behind the best O-line in the state.

GO BULLS!!!

slpybear the bullfan
11-10-2008, 11:42 AM
If things work out right, I could meet Bullaholic and slpybear. Now that would be cool. :thumbsup:

Didn't we meet up at a Bulls scrimmage at Celina a couple of years back?:thinking:

DaHop72
11-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Didn't we meet up at a Bulls scrimmage at Celina a couple of years back?:thinking: No sir, never had the privilege of seeing the Bulls play.

slpybear the bullfan
11-10-2008, 11:47 AM
Well dangit... I have to sift through the ol memory banks and see who that was I met. It was both Bulaholic and myself I thought.

Sure would be awesome to have a meet and greet at a potential LH - BP meeting!!!

But... that is a ways down the road to worry about.

BILLYFRED0000
11-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Because they have not lost yet..........:clap:

Daddy D 11
11-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Bulls season stats: 241 yds rushing 258 yds passing avg per game. Yes, just go ahead and prepare for the passing attack Daddy D 11.

Bulls run out of multiple formations very similar to Texas Tech behind the best O-line in the state.

GO BULLS!!!

One reason i say we need to prepare for your passing is because that has always been a weaker spot on our team, we have always stopped the run. That will be no problem. And when people compare your offense to Texas Tech, of course I'm going to think "passing attack", considering that they lead the nation every year in passing and base their offense almost completely out of the spread/shotgun. So forgive me for making an incorrect assumption, I am deeply sorry:)

BILLYFRED0000
11-10-2008, 12:04 PM
One reason i say we need to prepare for your passing is because that has always been a weaker spot on our team, we have always stopped the run. That will be no problem. And when people compare your offense to Texas Tech, of course I'm going to think "passing attack", considering that they lead the nation every year in passing and base their offense almost completely out of the spread/shotgun. So forgive me for making an incorrect assumption, I am deeply sorry:)

We scrimmaged them and I was impressed with their qb and line.
In the live quarter we beat them and held them scoreless but they were still working out the kinks. I liked their team. I predicted then that they would make a lot of noise. I think LH has the squad to beat them tho. Good running game keeps their squad off the field and does not allow them to get into a good rythm. IMHO of course.

Daddy D 11
11-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I think LH has the squad to beat them tho. Good running game keeps their squad off the field and does not allow them to get into a good rythm. IMHO of course.

We live off that:devil: Only problem is, when a team is having a really hard time stopping us, we tend to score too quickly, and then it becomes a barn-burner.

If you were impressed with their line, that means they are good. Being from Celina, you have seen your share of good offensive lines.

Budman007
11-10-2008, 12:28 PM

No apology necessary. Just having a little too much fun with the one-dimensional assumption. In past years you would be absolutely right on, but the Bulls have their most balanced offense in history this year.

Hope we get to play your Panthers and get to meet some of you Liberty Hill folks. It's always an honor to play the best.

Daddy D 11
11-10-2008, 12:31 PM
No apology necessary. Just having a little too much fun with the one-dimensional assumption. In past years you would be absolutely right on, but the Bulls have their most balanced offense in history this year.

Hope we get to play your Panthers and get to meet some of you Liberty Hill folks. It's always an honor to play the best.

I'd love to meet you guys:clap:

slpybear the bullfan
11-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
We scrimmaged them and I was impressed with their qb and line.
In the live quarter we beat them and held them scoreless but they were still working out the kinks. I liked their team. I predicted then that they would make a lot of noise. I think LH has the squad to beat them tho. Good running game keeps their squad off the field and does not allow them to get into a good rythm. IMHO of course.

Or, you can also try what Decatur did... the had a gameplan to wait and snap the ball with 1 or 2 seconds on the play clock. It did slow things down. But not the scoring... ;)

Yes, I think it would make for a great matchup... I would love to see the slot t, so I am hoping for a Llano victory.

But, lots and lots of football to play first.

Daddy D 11
11-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Yes, if Llano wins. You will get a good look at a decent Slot-T, still not anywhere near ours, but that will be a good gauge as to what the "possible" Bridgeport verse LH matchup might look like.

Bullaholic
11-10-2008, 02:01 PM

Just get your people to call my people, Hop.:D

It would be fun to meet a lot of folks at a game that has never been before such as LH-Bridgeport, or heck, even Snyder---that is if enough of your fans could get the warden to allow a supervised weekend visit. :D

da bean
11-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Bridgeport has a high scoring offense every year based primarily on throwing the ball. With a very big, physical, and athletic O-line, the Bulls can also play a smashmouth, running game with anyone this year (O-line averages over 275 lbs). They also play as a team and play very smart with very few mistakes. This year the Bulls also have a very good, quick defense which has often been their achilles heel in past years.

Another reason they're 10-0 is excellent senior leadership with 32 seniors on this team. As a class this group of seniors has been virtually unbeatable since pee wee football. The Bull coaches have also done a sterling job this year puttings kids in the right positions and preparing them very well week after week.

Just from my perspective as a dad of one of the Bulls.
Hope this helps.

Go Bulls!!!

unbeatable???

no one else except people by bridgeport have even heard of them...so they cant be that unbeatable!

Budman007
11-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by da bean
unbeatable???

no one else except people by bridgeport have even heard of them...so they cant be that unbeatable!

Maybe we need a grammar lesson today, da bean? I used the past tense not the present or future tense of the term. I stated that "this group of Bridgeport Seniors HAS BEEN virtually unbeatable since pee wee football." I never stated that they are unbeatable. Now go to your corner!

GO BULLS!!!:doh:

BullsFan
11-10-2008, 05:55 PM
unbeatable???

Plenty of people have heard of us. We've had a few lean years, but it wasn't so long ago that we made it to the semi-finals, where it took Commerce--the team that went on to win state the following week--to take us down. Just because you and some others haven't heard of us, don't assume no one else has either.

Hopefully we'll be meeting each other up close and personal in a few weeks. :D

ETA: I just noticed you only joined the board last month, da bean. That's obviously the problem--you haven't been hanging around here long enough! ;)

BullsFan
11-10-2008, 06:22 PM
LOL! Yeah :D

I guess they might have been a little conspicuous, huh? :D

For what it's worth, I heard only good things about LH and the program. :)

bobcat1
11-10-2008, 08:18 PM
Because they are the New Big Sandy Champs! Take that Eagles!:D ;) :clap: :clap: :clap:

handNthedirt
11-10-2008, 08:19 PM
They haven't played anybody...there is no competition or talent in north texas 3A ranks.

Bullaholic
11-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
They haven't played anybody...there is no competition or talent in north texas 3A ranks.

Dang, I thought you were "on the wagon" HNtD.:D

Budman007
11-10-2008, 08:52 PM

Just what have you been smoking? Only 5 of the top 10 teams in WOS87's power ratings this week are in north Texas.

handNthedirt
11-10-2008, 08:52 PM
my wife is from bridgeport...she doesn't approve my last message.

Bullaholic
11-10-2008, 08:59 PM
my wife is from bridgeport...she doesn't approve my last message.

Good, then she's invited to come watch us play---she knows what Bull football is all about.

handNthedirt
11-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Just what have you been smoking? Only 5 of the top 10 teams in WOS87's power ratings this week are in north Texas.

power ratings are for the electric company man...north texas 3A football is some of the worst in the land...horrible....you're smarter than that.

handNthedirt
11-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Good, then she's invited to come watch us play---she knows what Bull football is all about.

yes sir...they still talk about her older brother in your local coffee shops.

grmfan93
11-10-2008, 09:40 PM
usuall when a team is 10-0....they are pretty good...just saying

handNthedirt
11-10-2008, 10:00 PM
not if the 10 teams they played would lose to a mediocre junior varsity team...sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken.

VWG
11-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Bridgeport is fielding one of the best teams they have ever had.
In years past they have had some really, really talented athletes. Jones and Doughetry(SP) are two that come to mind.
They have some really quality wins over Burk, Prosper, and Argyle.
I would argue that 6 of their wins came against so-so competition. Breckenridge (1-9), Mineral Wells (bottom feeder 4A), Iowa Park (1-9), WF Hirschi (0-10), Graham (3-7), and Decatur (4-6).
Bridgeport has a good solid defense, and they play the run very well. Teams that have a good QB can find holes in their pass defense.
Their offense is what will blow your mind though... they are very disciplined and balanced. They have a good "bread and butter" curl/hook route that they work to perfection. Their QB/WR timing is very good. They run the ball effectively, and that all starts up front.
For a team to beat Bridgeport, they are going to have to stop that offense. That's no easy task.

Daddy D 11
11-10-2008, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by VWG
In years past they have had some really, really talented athletes. Jones and Doughetry(SP) are two that come to mind.
They have some really quality wins over Burk, Prosper, and Argyle.
I would argue that 6 of their wins came against so-so competition. Breckenridge (1-9), Mineral Wells (bottom feeder 4A), Iowa Park (1-9), WF Hirschi (0-10), Graham (3-7), and Decatur (4-6).
Bridgeport has a good solid defense, and they play the run very well. Teams that have a good QB can find holes in their pass defense.
Their offense is what will blow your mind though... they are very disciplined and balanced. They have a good "bread and butter" curl/hook route that they work to perfection. Their QB/WR timing is very good. They run the ball effectively, and that all starts up front.
For a team to beat Bridgeport, they are going to have to stop that offense. That's no easy task.

Very good post:clap: You acknowledge their lack of schedule, but still realize that they have a good offense and are a good team. I realize that there is nothing you can do, you play the teams that are in front of you. And that doesn't really make you a "bad" team, but it does come in to play when you finally face a true challenge. Gosh, I hope everything pans out so we can get us some Bridgeport Bulls:devil:

slpybear the bullfan
11-10-2008, 11:34 PM
Very good post:clap: You acknowledge their lack of schedule, but still realize that they have a good offense and are a good team. I realize that there is nothing you can do, you play the teams that are in front of you. And that doesn't really make you a "bad" team, but it does come in to play when you finally face a true challenge. Gosh, I hope everything pans out so we can get us some Bridgeport Bulls:devil:

I like the post because many of these postes are not from/currently in Bridgeport... so it is nice to get some outside perspective.

Like many have stated... you only can play who is on the schedule.

Looking forward to Sunday, so we know who the Bulls will face...

lion75
11-11-2008, 12:54 AM
Vernon lost by a touchdown to Wylie, but got blasted off the field by Bridgeport. I think Bridgeport needs some respect.

ivchris
11-11-2008, 08:16 AM
Probably because they aren't in district 2

OldBison75
11-11-2008, 08:39 AM
Bridgeport has to earn the respect by showing they are for real in the playoffs. It is one thing to win against several medicore teams and push in a few wins over better opponents. It is all together different to win in the playoffs. The difference in atmosphere is worth alot of momentum for every team. In the regular season, it's easy to get on a roll and keep winning, just as alot of teams get on a losing streak for several reasons. In the playoffs, every team has new life and knows that one win will earn back alot of the respect lost during a second or third place finish.

I think Bridgeport is a top tier team, but until they beat the China Spring or Liberty Hill type teams that have proven themselves over and over, they are not at the top. As for comparing scores with like opponents, that is a cheap way to raise your own hopes. Hell, by that theory, for the last couple of years the Aggies have not beat hardly anyone in the Big 12 and Texas has no more than one loss. But, the Aggies have beat Texas. Like opponents only means you coach made a schedule with a team that another team also played

Bullaholic
11-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Bridgeport has to earn the respect by showing they are for real in the playoffs. It is one thing to win against several medicore teams and push in a few wins over better opponents. It is all together different to win in the playoffs. The difference in atmosphere is worth alot of momentum for every team. In the regular season, it's easy to get on a roll and keep winning, just as alot of teams get on a losing streak for several reasons. In the playoffs, every team has new life and knows that one win will earn back alot of the respect lost during a second or third place finish.

I think Bridgeport is a top tier team, but until they beat the China Spring or Liberty Hill type teams that have proven themselves over and over, they are not at the top. As for comparing scores with like opponents, that is a cheap way to raise your own hopes. Hell, by that theory, for the last couple of years the Aggies have not beat hardly anyone in the Big 12 and Texas has no more than one loss. But, the Aggies have beat Texas. Like opponents only means you coach made a schedule with a team that another team also played

OldBison....I don't disagree with your post, but you have to remember that there are only the existing polls, records, stats, like opponents, etc. etc. to use to make team evaluations and predictions prior to playing the games. The Bulls have beaten a few really respectable teams on their way to the 10-0 season. Several good coaches of our opponents have acknowledged in their newspapers that this is the best Bulls team they have ever faced and possibly one of the most prolific offenses they have ever seen. I realize nobody outside of Bridgeport will consider the Bulls as a serious title contender until we have beaten somebody they recognize as a deep playoff potential contender. I will continue to wave the Bulls flag as long and vigorously as I can at every opportunity and enjoy every minute of it. Hope everybody does the same for their teams---that is the essence of Texas high school football.

DKR#1
11-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Where were all the fans last season when they were so-so? :confused:

Bullaholic
11-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by DKR#1

I have never noticed any great difference between the Bridgeport crowds home or away from last year or this year. Of course, we will pick up many more, especially if we continue deep into the playoffs. I hope a lot of fans who have never seen the Bulls play will have a chance to watch us this year. I think the Bulls play one of the most exciting brands of HS football around and are always exciting to watch. This town has always supported this team win or lose since 93' and frequently brings a larger away crowd than the home team.

DKR#1
11-11-2008, 10:34 AM
I have never noticed any great difference between the Bridgeport crowds home or away from last year or this year. Of course, we will pick up many more, especially if we continue deep into the playoffs. I hope a lot of fans who have never seen the Bulls play will have a chance to watch us this year. I think the Bulls play one of the most exciting brands of HS football around and are always exciting to watch. This town has always supported this team win or lose since 93' and frequently brings a larger away crowd than the home team.
On here, to be more specific.

Bullaholic
11-11-2008, 11:01 AM
On here, to be more specific.

We've always had a pretty good core group on the 3ADL----not that numerous, but pretty active. There are some new posters who have begun to take an interest in the Bulls, and we are happy about that. All teams experience an increased level of activity when they enter the playoffs, and I am sure that there are several of our 3ADL Bull posters who monitor a lot but who don't like to jump in and post until things get rolling. Nothing wrong with that---that's just human nature and we welcome anyone who wants to ride along with us as the Bulls make their run in the playoffs. Hope you will too, DKR#1.

slpybear the bullfan
11-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Some of us are on here each and every year.

And what I really am enjoying is threads like this that are going several pages deep, created and largely carried by posters who are not even from Bridgeport.

I have enjoyed seeing the outsider perspective... it is the same circular arguments I think we always will see in HSFB.

>A team has a pretty decent year but has never won state or been to state.

>Those from that town think they are good.

>Those who have played them or watched them play think they are pretty good.

>Those who have never seen them think they are unproven.

Pretty much how it will always be... but I am enjoying the thread.

blaster
11-11-2008, 11:56 AM

Most of the Bull fans have visited this site for the last couple of years. When the Friday Night Fever site went down early this summer the Bull faithful turned to 3ADL.

Last years so so team also happened to be District Co-Champs.

Buffgal
11-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Another reason they're 10-0 is excellent senior leadership with 32 seniors on this team.

Wow, Wow, Wow

Giddings has 33 members of the team. Period.

BullsFan
11-11-2008, 06:32 PM

Some of us have actually been around here for a long, loooong time. (Points to member #) In fact, if memory serves I directed slpy here. But I only come out of the woodwork during football season, and I do a whole lot more lurking than posting.

As to other posters, as blaster mentioned up until early last summer there was a county BBS that had all levels and sports, and many of the posters here spent more time there. But irregardless, I don't think participation in an online forum is in any way indicative of team credibility or fan loyalty. As someone whose family has owned the same season tickets since somewhere in the late 1950s, I can assure that the Bridgeport fans are there in good seasons and bad.

swstangs001
11-11-2008, 06:36 PM

quite a few of them were here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYOkbVY-Km0

Budman007
11-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by swstangs001

:rolleyes:

swstangs001
11-12-2008, 12:40 AM
:rolleyes:

you know that was good

handNthedirt
11-12-2008, 01:38 AM

it was either negative 20 degrees or folks didn't want to waste their time and money watchin all that sweetwater showboatin....buncha premadonna jackalopes man. I would've left after pregame to avoid droppin these bees on some poor ol sap.

which is more offensive though....the bridgeport turnout or the sweetwater showing?

Budman007
11-13-2008, 04:47 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by handNthedirt
[B]it was either negative 20 degrees or folks didn't want to waste their time and money watchin all that sweetwater showboatin....buncha premadonna jackalopes man. I would've left after pregame to avoid droppin these bees on some poor ol sap.

:thumbsup:

jason
11-13-2008, 04:50 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYOkbVY-Km0 i was at that game - it was boring

Bullaholic
11-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by jason
i was at that game - it was boring

Not one of our better efforts, jason. We didn't play well and Sweetwater had just the kind of fast legs that we didn't need to catch that week. Night and day diff in the Bulls between last season and this season.
If you can fit us in your busy social calendar come give us a look again this year---you won't be bored.

Budman007
11-13-2008, 05:07 PM
i was at that game - it was boring

Guess all that Sweetwater showboatin would get boring after a while?;)

jason
11-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Not one of our better efforts, jason. We didn't play well and Sweetwater had just the kind of fast legs that we didn't need to catch that week. Night and day diff in the Bulls between last season and this season.
If you can fit us in your busy social calendar come give us a look again this year---you won't be bored. if you guys play in stephenville (or close) again, and its a night that forney/copperas cove arent playing, then ill let you buy me some nachos....

Sweetwater Red
11-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Guess all that Sweetwater showboatin would get boring after a while?;)

The best way to prevent the other team from showboating is
to keep them out of the endzone.:thinking: :D

ccmom
11-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
The best way to prevent the other team from showboating is
to keep them out of the endzone.:thinking: :D

Bingo! That explains the lack of "showboating" from the Mustangs last week, right Red? ;)

(Dang it...I'm trying to be NICE, but that little devil in me is quick
:devil: )

Go Mustangs!:clap: (that's better :) )

SintonFan
11-14-2008, 10:10 PM
Go Bulls!!!
:) :clap: :clap:

SintonFan
11-14-2008, 10:10 PM
Where the heck is your game thread?:(

Bullaholic
11-14-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Where the heck is your game thread?:(

We're watching everybody else play this week, SF---got a BYE. Thanks for the well-wishes. Glad to see Sinton doing well tonight.

SintonFan
11-14-2008, 10:34 PM
We're watching everybody else play this week, SF---got a BYE. Thanks for the well-wishes. Glad to see Sinton doing well tonight.
Man...
A mythical BYE?
lol
Who do you folks play this week really? Snyder? Celina? Cuero? The gamut must have been sweet.;)

BullsFan
11-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Joke if you want to, but having a bye in week one is actually kind of hard. It's my first Friday at home in weeks, and I honestly don't know what to do with myself. Plus you get to read about everyone else's game but don't have one of your own to talk about. :(

It's a little lonely out here in BYEland...

blaster
11-14-2008, 11:00 PM
I'm with you. Listening to these other games on the net is killing me. Looks like we are headed to Stephenville next saturday.

SintonFan
11-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Joke if you want to, but having a bye in week one is actually kind of hard. It's my first Friday at home in weeks, and I honestly don't know what to do with myself. Plus you get to read about everyone else's game but don't have one of your own to talk about. :(

It's a little lonely out here in BYEland...
Surely you bye?:p

SintonFan
11-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Surely you bye?:p
I joke way to often...:p

BullsFan
11-14-2008, 11:13 PM

No such thing! I thought it was funny...

(Of course, I teach fourth grade, so you know what level of humor I'm used to hearing all day :D )

ETA: blaster, that's going to be an afternoon game, right?

Ranger Mom
11-14-2008, 11:16 PM

NO!!!!

Say it isn't so!!:p

blaster
11-14-2008, 11:16 PM
I think you are correct Bullsfan.

garciap77
11-14-2008, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Bingo! That explains the lack of "showboating" from the Mustangs last week, right Red? ;)

(Dang it...I'm trying to be NICE, but that little devil in me is quick
:devil: )

Go Mustangs!:clap: (that's better :) )

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/BeNiceRnd.gif

;)

Budman007
11-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by VWG

The Bull offense will not be slowed down this week. If Llano had trouble with Glen Rose's passing game, they better fasten their seat belts this week.

GO BULLS!!!

Daddy D 11
11-17-2008, 11:13 AM
The Bull offense will not be slowed down this week. If Llano had trouble with Glen Rose's passing game, they better fasten their seat belts this week.

GO BULLS!!!

They obviously didn't have too much trouble:thinking: Considering they held Glen Rose to less than they scored:p

jason
11-17-2008, 11:14 AM
if you guys play in stephenville (or close) again, and its a night that forney/copperas cove arent playing, then ill let you buy me some nachos....
well, looks like you guys will be in stephenville this weekend...

game time ??

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2008, 11:27 AM
well, looks like you guys will be in stephenville this weekend...

game time ??
6:00

info previously provided in sticky (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=89451)

Daddy D 11
11-17-2008, 11:28 AM
6:00

info previously provided in sticky (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=89451)
Dang you're on top of things this morning:clap: :p

Budman007
11-17-2008, 11:30 AM
They obviously didn't have too much trouble:thinking: Considering they held Glen Rose to less than they scored:p

Llano gave up 300 yards total offense against Glen Rose. 226 yards passing. The wind definitely hurt Glen Rose more since they were a one dimensional passing offense. The LH folks talked about trouble pitching the ball Friday night due to the wind, you should've seen Glen Rose trying to throw into that wind. Bridgeport can pick a defense apart with their passing game or with the best O-line in the state, they can line up and run down the throat of a defense.

GO BULLS!!!

Daddy D 11
11-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Bridgeport can pick a defense apart with their passing game or with the best O-line in the state, they can line up and run down the throat of a defense.

GO BULLS!!!

So after reading on here the past couple weeks, I have gathered that you have the best O-Line, the best offense (and most balanced might i add), and you have a exceptionally disciplined and athletic defense. And the best work ethic and coaching staff in the state.

Did I catch everything?

Budman007
11-17-2008, 11:41 AM
So after reading on here the past couple weeks, I have gathered that you have the best O-Line, the best offense (and most balanced might i add), and you have a exceptionally disciplined and athletic defense. And the best work ethic and coaching staff in the state.

Did I catch everything?

We also have the best trainer in the state.:)

Bullaholic
11-17-2008, 11:42 AM

Did I catch everything?

You are paraphrasing my post and embellishing with things I did not state, Daddy D. Please see the following accurate quote:

This year's Bulls team will not take anyone lightly. They have a blue-collar work ethic with white-collar savvy and a bunch of coaches who prepare them for games extremely well. I have seen no cockiness on the part of the players, just a tremendous determination to win and get the job done against all comers.

Daddy D 11
11-17-2008, 11:47 AM
You are paraphrasing my post and embellishing with things I did not state, Daddy D. Please see the following accurate quote:

Oh none of that was directed at you bullaholic:kiss:

Promise:thumbsup: Yes you did bring up work ethic, but I wasn't referring to your comment. Sorry for the misconception.

Budman007
11-17-2008, 11:56 AM
Oh none of that was directed at you bullaholic:kiss:

Promise:thumbsup: Yes you did bring up work ethic, but I wasn't referring to your comment. Sorry for the misconception.

We all know who your comment was directed toward. But, you really did forget to mention our trainer.:stirpot:

Daddy D 11
11-17-2008, 12:05 PM
We all know who your comment was directed toward. But, you really did forget to mention our trainer.:stirpot:

Gosh you are so much fun :D

And I bet our Trainer is better:taunt: I think he has enough rings to cover every finger on both of his hands:eek:

swstangs001
11-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Gosh you are so much fun :D

And I bet our Trainer is better:taunt: I think he has enough rings to cover every finger on both of his hands:eek:

He's not better he jsut acts like he knows what he's doing to get that ring.

Daddy D 11
11-17-2008, 12:28 PM
He's not better he jsut acts like he knows what he's doing to get that ring.

"Poor" guys had his work cut out for him the past 2 years. He can't even concentrate on his duties because he's always having to design another state ring :taunt:

Budman007
11-17-2008, 12:46 PM
"Poor" guys had his work cut out for him the past 2 years. He can't even concentrate on his duties because he's always having to design another state ring :taunt:

While he's at it, have him design a size 13 for my son.

GO BULLS!!!;)

Daddy D 11
11-17-2008, 12:48 PM
While he's at it, have him design a size 13 for my son.

GO BULLS!!!;)

Why would your son want a LH state championship ring? :thinking:

Silly goose, your son plays for Bridgeport. Bridgeport's the team that's going to lose to LH in the Region I final:tisk:

Budman007
11-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Why would your son want a LH state championship ring? :thinking:

Silly goose, your son plays for Bridgeport. Bridgeport's the team that's going to lose to LH in the Region I final:tisk:

Already looking past Vernon and Sweetwater I see? :thinking:

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2008, 01:26 PM
And who are YOU looking past, that your son needs a size 13 ring? :thinking:

TripleH
11-17-2008, 01:28 PM
:thumbsup: It appears to be that pot and kettle thing doesn't it?;)

swstangs001
11-17-2008, 01:31 PM

If I had a win streak of over 30 games and had won the past 2 state championships i would be looking past us and vernon

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Dang you're on top of things this morning:clap: :p
Well, I did spend some time putting it together. :D

da bean
11-17-2008, 03:01 PM
according to budman bridgeport has got the best everything!...best o line best linebackers etc...

well my point is why is this year the only year anyone has heard about yall?!?!

pirate4state
11-17-2008, 03:03 PM
according to budman bridgeport has got the best everything!...best o line best linebackers etc...

cause they're winning

da bean
11-17-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
cause they're winning

cause they havent played anyone

swstangs001
11-17-2008, 03:12 PM
cause they havent played anyone

and because his son is on the team

Budman007
11-17-2008, 03:20 PM

I never said we had the best deer hunting. Have to give that one to Llano.

Da Bean, maybe you've only just now heard about Bridgeport because you're just a young sprout?:D

swstangs001
11-17-2008, 03:23 PM

Da Bean, maybe you've only just now heard about Bridgeport because you're just a young sprout?:D

the only reason i heard of them is because sweetwater has played them, ive never heard of them doing anything special

da bean
11-17-2008, 03:26 PM

its hard to pay attention to all the new up and comers that think they want a piece...
you'll get your turn soon enough if you even make it past llano this week :)

Budman007
11-17-2008, 03:27 PM
the only reason i heard of them is because sweetwater has played them, ive never heard of them doing anything special

Yea, Bridgeport is only a perennial playoff team over the past 15 years. Our 2001 team lost in the semis to Commerce---the state champion that year. Yea, we're just an ordinary community with an extraordinary football team this year.

Budman007
11-17-2008, 03:29 PM
its hard to pay attention to all the new up and comers that think they want a piece...
you'll get your turn soon enough if you even make it past llano this week :)

And maybe you'll get your turn if you make it past Vernon and Sweetwater. I would'nt be a bit surprised if we end up getting a rematch with Sweetwater though.:tongue:

da bean
11-17-2008, 03:35 PM
And maybe you'll get your turn if you make it past Vernon and Sweetwater. I would'nt be a bit surprised if we end up getting a rematch with Sweetwater though.:tongue:

we arent the ones with something to prove almost half the people expect llano to pull out the win....good luck ur going to need it!

i wouldnt be suprised if we had a rematch with llano

Ranger Mom
11-17-2008, 03:38 PM
I think I saw Bridgeport play one time. In Sweetwater against Monahans??

I think they lost....but scored more TD's, they just didn't have a kicker.

Their RB, I think it was, that year was a HOSS!!!

I met Slpybear and Bulloholic .... it seems like there was another Bulls poster, but his name has escaped me!

Bullaholic
11-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I met Slpybear and Bulloholic .... it seems like there was another Bulls poster, but his name has escaped me!

I remember that, RM--all we had a chance to do was say, "Hi & Bye" because we were trying to get a bunch of these 3ADL characters to pose for a picture during halftime under the scoreboard. I intend to spend a little more time visiting with you and some of the other good folks somewhere along the way this season. Hope we have the chance somewhere, sometime.

That Bull RB was Colin Jones, now playing safety for TCU.

The pain of that Monahans game still lingers with all Bull fans, but I sure thought a lot of those Monahans players, coach, and fans at that game---class program all the way. Enjoyed meeting a few of the Sweetwater faithfull that night, also.

DaHop72
11-17-2008, 03:45 PM

I met Slpybear and Bulloholic .... it seems like there was another Bulls poster, but his name has escaped me! Wasn't that Colin Jones??:thinking:

da bean
11-17-2008, 03:47 PM
keep living in the past bridgeport!

Ranger Mom
11-17-2008, 03:54 PM
keep living in the past bridgeport!

I was actually the one who brought up the past....not them!!

swstangs001
11-17-2008, 04:17 PM

yeah that was the same year that you saw greenwood and sweetwater play in angelo :D

Daddy D 11
11-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Yea, Bridgeport is only a perennial playoff team over the past 15 years. Our 2001 team lost in the semis to Commerce---the state champion that year. Yea, we're just an ordinary community with an extraordinary football team this year.

Bridgeport has won 11 playoff games since 1993, LH has won 11 the past 2 seasons.

Ranger Mom
11-17-2008, 04:30 PM
yeah that was the same year that you saw greenwood and sweetwater play in angelo :D

Well.......Sweetwater played anyway!!:D

Bullaholic
11-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Bridgeport has won 11 playoff games since 1993, LH has won 11 the past 2 seasons.

So we're tied, then? :D

Texasfootball2
11-17-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by 8HR
I do not know much about Bridgeport so maybe some of you could help me out. In your opinion, what are the main reasons Bridgeport has been able to remain undefeated. Offense? Defense? Other? Do they play good team ball or do they have a few studs? Can they be beaten this year? How? I have really thought long and hard about this for several days and I have come to the conclusion that they are 10-0 because nobody has beaten them yet. It just came to me this morning:D

Budman007
11-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Bridgeport has won 11 playoff games since 1993, LH has won 11 the past 2 season.

Talk about living in the past? Being champs in the past does'nt entitle you to win it all forever. Let's see who wins the most playoff games this year.

GO BULLS!!!

swstangs001
11-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Well.......Sweetwater played anyway!!:D

:clap:
^this is my tribute to garcia

Daddy D 11
11-17-2008, 04:44 PM
So we're tied, then? :D

Nice one Bullaholic!

And are you out of your mind Budman? You are the one that brought up that Bridgeport is a "perennial playoff team" and threw out some history about your 2001 team:thinking:

whatdoiknow?
11-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Man, all this trash talk makes me nervous. The only thing I know for sure is the Bulls have to beat a team that just won a playoff game. I predict the Bulls will win but I really don't care by how much. Most playoff games are a foregone conclusion in the first week but after that, no one really knows. I have watched many playoff games over the years, not just the Bulls, and believe this is a team that has a shot at anyone they play. When it gets to this point in the season you have to have talent but you also need a break or two go your way. I have never seen a team win it all without catching a break.

Budman...The Bull linebackers are very good but D1? You have to know better than that. Both have good instincts, speed and hitting ability but they are not 6'3", 220lbs. Both can play at a level after high school, just not D1. That's only my opinion.

Budman007
11-17-2008, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by whatdoiknow?
Man, all this trash talk makes me nervous. The only thing I know for sure is the Bulls have to beat a team that just won a playoff game. I predict the Bulls will win but I really don't care by how much. Most playoff games are a foregone conclusion in the first week but after that, no one really knows. I have watched many playoff games over the years, not just the Bulls, and believe this is a team that has a shot at anyone they play. When it gets to this point in the season you have to have talent but you also need a break or two go your way. I have never seen a team win it all without catching a break.

Budman...The Bull linebackers are very good but D1? You have to know better than that. Both have good instincts, speed and hitting ability but they are not 6'3", 220lbs. Both can play at a level after high school, just not D1. That's only my opinion.

Sorry to have to inform one of our own, whatdoiknow. But, both of these young men have been contacted by D1 schools. They really are that good. I believe one is being recruited as a LB and one is being recruited as a safety.

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2008, 05:10 PM
Sorry to have to inform you on this one, whatdoiknow. But, both of these young men have been contacted by D1 schools. They really are that good. One is being recruited as a LB and one is being recruited as a safety.
Are there offers that have been extended to either by the D1 schools?

Ranger Mom
11-17-2008, 05:11 PM

Well..........whatdouknow?:D

I'm sorry....I just couldn't help myself!:)

Daddy D 11
11-17-2008, 05:13 PM

I heard they both got full rides:2thumbsup :rolleyes:

Budman007
11-17-2008, 05:16 PM

It is my understanding that K State has shown serious interest in both of them so far with our junior being on their prospect list. But what do I know?

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2008, 05:25 PM
It is my understanding that K State has shown serious interest in both of them so far with our junior being on their prospect list. But what do I know?
It was just a question - not trying to be a butt about it. I just know there's a big difference in receiving interest and being a legit prospect at that level. (First hand experience....)

Bullaholic
11-17-2008, 05:30 PM
It was just a question - not trying to be a butt about it. I just know there's a big difference in receiving interest and being a legit prospect at that level. (First hand experience....)

You and Budman have a common family interest in a couple of pretty good "O" linemen, 1 from each respective team, LHPM.

Budman007
11-17-2008, 05:41 PM
You and Budman have a common family interest in a couple of pretty good "O" linemen, 1 from each respective team, LHPM.

Yea it looks like mine is going to end up at Baylor. He enjoyed the Baylor/Aggie game a little too much this weekend. Being there was hard to take for this old Aggie.

whatdoiknow?
11-17-2008, 05:53 PM
From experience, I know what recruiting is like, especially at the D1 level. Lots of calls and correspondence but until there is an offer, it can be a lot of smoke and mirrors. I want to be perfectly clear, this is not a knock on either kid. If you are a D1 recruit, you will most likely be the best athlete on the field in nearly every game you play. Both of these kids are physically talented and I could actually see the junior being recruited as a safety but a D1 linebacker has to have size to be noticed. There just aren't many Dat Nugyns (sp) out there. If you could have two kids just like this every year, defensive coordinators would be in line for that job. They are that good but size will be a problem for them in recruiting.

whatdoiknow?
11-17-2008, 06:02 PM
Budman....your son has great size and the frame of an offensive lineman. I have enjoyed watching him play the last couple of years and will enjoy watching him on the next level as well. The size thing is the point of my previous posts. If you can't pass the "eye test", that is having a college coach see you in person, your chances are slim. Wes Welker was undersized but had a phenominal high school career. Every school except Texas Tech passed on him. Leach wanted to pass on him also but as a favor to a friend, watched film and saw he always made plays. Leach said he finally ran out of reasons to not sign him and the rest is history.

Daddy D 11
11-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Yea it looks like mine is going to end up at Baylor. He enjoyed the Baylor/Aggie game a little too much this weekend. Being there was hard to take for this old Aggie.

That's awesome man! :clap: Is he going to play ball?

Budman007
11-17-2008, 07:23 PM
We'll see. Not sure he's good enough being from Bridgeport and all.;)

Daddy D 11
11-17-2008, 07:24 PM
We'll see. Not sure he's good enough being from Bridgeport and all.;)

Never said Bridgeport doesn't have talent, you just don't have enough:p

Budman007
11-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Never said Bridgeport doesn't have talent, you just don't have enough:p

Reminds me of when I was younger and I asked an old dairy farmer how many cows he was milking and he looked at me with a very stoic expression and said enough young man, enough.
The Bulls have enough talent this year.

Daddy D 11
11-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Reminds me of when I was younger and I asked an old dairy farmer how many cows he was milking and he looked at me with a very stoic expression and said enough young man, enough.
The Bulls have enough talent this year.

You're right, you do have enough talent... For a Regional Finalist team;)

BullsFan
11-17-2008, 09:31 PM

First off, this is not the only year anyone has heard of us. Some of us have been around a long long time. We're just not usually quite so....vocal.

da bean
11-18-2008, 03:21 PM
First off, this is not the only year anyone has heard of us. Some of us have been around a long long time. We're just not usually quite so....vocal.

ya cause yall usually suck...and this year yalls district just happened to suck and yall somehow came out undefeated and now yall cant stop talkin smack...it takes more than one year of success to get respect!

DaHop72
11-18-2008, 03:25 PM
ya cause yall usually suck...and this year yalls district just happened to suck and yall somehow came out undefeated and now yall cant stop talkin smack...it takes more than one year of success to get respect! Well alrighty, school must have let out for the day. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Budman007
11-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Beanie, education is a good thing. Stay in school so you can at least learn to sound a little more intelligent.:rolleyes:

da bean
11-18-2008, 03:31 PM
Beanie, education is a good thing. Stay in school so you can at least learn to sound a little more intelligent.:rolleyes:

how did that not sound educated?

Budman007
11-18-2008, 03:35 PM

Your post demonstated a somewhat limited vocabulary and a gross deficiency in deductive reasoning.:(

da bean
11-18-2008, 03:38 PM
well your freind was saying that yall havent been so social in the past...and thats cause yall have never been so good and the one year yall are undefeated the whole town of bridgeport cant stop talkin smack

Bullaholic
11-18-2008, 03:48 PM
well your freind was saying that yall havent been so social in the past...and thats cause yall have never been so good and the one year yall are undefeated the whole town of bridgeport cant stop talkin smack

What do you want us to do---talk about how terrible we are this year? This town is not like some I've seen--we don't sit on our hands in the stands and just pitty-pat our hands together when we make a TD. Both our team AND our fans come to play and we believe in letting the other guys know that by our example. We enjoy talking a little smack, but never to the point of serious or intentional disrespect for our opponents.

da bean
11-18-2008, 03:49 PM
What do you want us to do---talk about how terrible we are this year? This town is not like some I've seen--we don't sit on our hands in the stands and just pitty-pat our hands together when we make a TD. Both our team AND our fans come to play and we believe in letting the other guys know that by our example. We enjoy talking a little smack, but never to the point of serious or intentional disrespect for our opponents.

ya iam just having fun talkin crap

Bullaholic
11-18-2008, 04:12 PM
ya iam just having fun talkin crap

No prob---as long as we all have fun and get to see some good football along the way.

whatdoiknow?
11-18-2008, 04:24 PM
one year yall are undefeated the whole town of bridgeport cant stop talkin smack [/B]

How small do you think Bridgeport is? A few older guys with time on their hands having fun and talking smack is not the whole town. As a whole, you will not find a group of people more respectful of opponents anywhere. Llano is playing in this game because they are good enough to get there. Bridgeport is undefeated because they were good enough to beat everyone (even some quality teams) on their schedule. We have a talented, senior laden team with a great coaching staff and are happy to have the opportunity to play Llano or anybody else. All of this crap about disrespecting the slot-t offense is silly. An earlier poster talked about the different options with that scheme but today, every offense offers multiple options, you just have to have the people to read and execute. While I am sure Llano has the personnel for their scheme, I know Bridgeport has the players to run their offense so let's see who gets the most stops in the game. For me, I have confidence in my hometown kids.

CHS_89
11-18-2008, 04:28 PM
How small do you think Bridgeport is? A few older guys with time on their hands having fun and talking smack is not the whole town. As a whole, you will not find a group of people more respectful of opponents anywhere. Llano is playing in this game because they are good enough to get there. Bridgeport is undefeated because they were good enough to beat everyone (even some quality teams) on their schedule. We have a talented, senior laden team with a great coaching staff and are happy to have the opportunity to play Llano or anybody else. All of this crap about disrespecting the slot-t offense is silly. An earlier poster talked about the different options with that scheme but today, every offense offers multiple options, you just have to have the people to read and execute. While I am sure Llano has the personnel for their scheme, I know Bridgeport has the players to run their offense so let's see who gets the most stops in the game. For me, I have confidence in my hometown kids.

Good post!!

Budman007
11-18-2008, 04:35 PM
How small do you think Bridgeport is? A few older guys with time on their hands having fun and talking smack is not the whole town.

A few older guys? Bullaholic, he must be referring to you and Sply? :p

Bullaholic
11-18-2008, 04:40 PM

I was just glad he said "older" and not just plain "old", Budman. :D

nobogey72
11-18-2008, 04:50 PM

The fact that you had to ask is a pretty good indicator.:(

slpybear the bullfan
11-18-2008, 08:40 PM
ya cause yall usually suck...and this year yalls district just happened to suck and yall somehow came out undefeated and now yall cant stop talkin smack...it takes more than one year of success to get respect!

^
|

Why I get worn out by these threads. :rolleyes:

You stay classy da bean... and just feel free to overlook the Bulls because of their record.

slpybear the bullfan
11-18-2008, 08:43 PM

*sigh*

Just for the record... Slpy hasn't cracked the big 4-0 yet.... and won't for a few years.

(But sure feel like I did... :doh: )

BullsFan
11-18-2008, 10:46 PM

Dude, some of us have been here for MANY years, including years when yes, we did suck. And we still posted. In fact, I believe one of my game recaps many moons ago started out with the words "Well we just got spanked" or something to that effect. And there are not that many of us talking smack either, so I don't know where you get this idea that every single Bridgeport poster on this board is going around dissing all the other teams. And for the record, while our district had a couple of teams who are in a rebuilding phase, our entire district didn't suck, and we played some state-ranked teams in there too. Three of the teams we played (and beat) are still in the playoffs.

If you have a problem with someone, then take it up with that person--don't take it out on the whole danged town.

You know, I just saw that you only registered a few days ago. So either you are really really new, or you're someone's sockpuppet who doesn't have the nerve to say it under their own name. Either way, I can't believe I actually engaged.

Ranger Mom
11-18-2008, 10:55 PM

Almost every Bridgeport poster has been on this board for years....heck, one of them is even an Administrator!! I have taken almost everything they have said as "tongue in cheek"...you, on the other hand, is the one who is getting all hot under the caller.

There are LOTS of people on here who don't have lots to say unless their team is in the race......and there are others, like myself, who seem to always find something to talk about.

This is what we do here....if you don't like it....well....

slpybear the bullfan
11-18-2008, 11:27 PM
You know, I just saw that you only registered a few days ago. So either you are really really new, or you're someone's sockpuppet who doesn't have the nerve to say it under their own name. Either way, I can't believe I actually engaged.

+1... ROFLMAO at the "sockpuppet" comment... that just struck me as funny!

Now, if you want to talk older, then maybe we should ask Bullsfan... :D

BullsFan
11-18-2008, 11:54 PM
Now, if you want to talk older, then maybe we should ask Bullsfan... :D

slpybear, please to be shutting up NOW. I'll have you know I'll be celebrating my 29th birthday this year.

(Again.)

slpybear the bullfan
11-19-2008, 12:11 AM
slpybear, please to be shutting up NOW. I'll have you know I'll be celebrating my 29th birthday this year.

(Again.)

LOL, yeah, I hear ya. What do you think about leaving early on Saturday and eating at the Hard 8?

BullsFan
11-19-2008, 12:20 AM
LOL, yeah, I hear ya. What do you think about leaving early on Saturday and eating at the Hard 8?

Hey, I'm so happy just to have a game to go to I'm open to almost anything--but remember we have a big meal at church on Sunday, and I have promised to help out the poor overwhelmed Hospitality chairwoman. (You may know her as "Mom".) I imagine I'll be making several pans of stuffing and possibly cooking a turkey on Saturday. What time are you wanting to leave?

ETA: If I appear to ignore any subsequent replies, it's because I'm taking this tired YOUNG body to bed.

da bean
11-19-2008, 02:25 PM
Dude, some of us have been here for MANY years, including years when yes, we did suck. And we still posted. In fact, I believe one of my game recaps many moons ago started out with the words "Well we just got spanked" or something to that effect. And there are not that many of us talking smack either, so I don't know where you get this idea that every single Bridgeport poster on this board is going around dissing all the other teams. And for the record, while our district had a couple of teams who are in a rebuilding phase, our entire district didn't suck, and we played some state-ranked teams in there too. Three of the teams we played (and beat) are still in the playoffs.

If you have a problem with someone, then take it up with that person--don't take it out on the whole danged town.

stop gettin all butt hurt...only joking

Bullaholic
11-19-2008, 02:31 PM
stop gettin all butt hurt...only joking

(Psssst....mind your manners, bean---you're talking to a lady.)

da bean
11-19-2008, 02:38 PM
(Psssst....mind your manners, bean---you're talking to a lady.)

iam just saying iam joking no reason to get all flustered

BullsFan
11-19-2008, 07:29 PM
iam just saying iam joking no reason to get all flustered

Flustered is the wrong word. I think "pissy" would more desribe my frame of mind yesterday. It's not an easy thing to be a Bridgeport fan sometimes. As much as I love Budman's dedication and loyalty, there are times I could wish his...er...verbosity wasn't quite as strong as those other characteristics. I have a sneaky suspicion some of the animosity being aimed at Bridgeport earlier this week might have been fanned just a teensy bit. ;)

ETA: Thanks, Bullaholic. You are, as always, a gentleman in the nicest sense of the word. :)

Budman007
11-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Flustered is the wrong word. I think "pissy" would more desribe my frame of mind yesterday. It's not an easy thing to be a Bridgeport fan sometimes. As much as I love Budman's dedication and loyalty, there are times I could wish his...er...verbosity wasn't quite as strong as those other characteristics. I have a sneaky suspicion some of the animosity being aimed at Bridgeport earlier this week might have been fanned just a teensy bit. ;)

ETA: Thanks, Bullaholic. You are, as always, a gentleman in the nicest sense of the word. :)

I love you too, Bullsfan!

GO BULLS!!!

BullsFan
11-22-2008, 01:07 AM
I love you too, Bullsfan!

GO BULLS!!!

Budman, you're back! I have to say, it's been fairly quiet around here without you. :)

Budman007
11-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Budman, you're back! I have to say, it's been fairly quiet around here without you. :)

That's about to change, but the Bulls will make more than enough noise for all of us tonight! The stampede is on its way to Stephenville!

GO BULLS!!!

BullsFan
11-22-2008, 12:42 PM
That's about to change, but the Bulls will make more than enough noise for all of us tonight! The stampede is on its way to Stephenville!

GO BULLS!!!

Actually, the stampede starts at 1:30, no? I hope everyone is going out to see the boys off!

Budman007
11-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Actually, the Bulls have been stampeding since week 0 and they are'nt stopping anytime soon! :D :D :D

GO BULLS!!!

BullsFan
11-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Actually, the Bulls have been stampeding since week 0 and they are'nt stopping anytime soon! :D :D :D

My mistake. :D

GO BULLS!!!

And in case I haven't said it enough lately, ditto.

In other words, GO BULLS!!!!

Now this Bullsfan is about to join a mini-stampede going all the way out to Stephenville...