PDA

View Full Version : Sealy vs. Needville

STAggie
11-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Who win's? Sealy is coming off a defeat to La Grange after a highly emotional win against Bellville. Needville gets in by beating Brookshire Royal the last game of district play. Can Sealy get it back together or will Needville be able to ride the momentum to another win?

buff4ever
11-09-2008, 11:29 AM
I feel like Sealy should win this game. Based on the last 11 weeks and what has happened, that district 25 should sweep this week's games, but that likely won't happen. Therefore it will be interesting to see how the 3 games unfold.

martwayne
11-09-2008, 12:06 PM
i dont know much bout needville this year but i do know that sealy didn't do much of anything against the navasota rattlers (i know their running back did not play, buts thats not my fault only the coaches) and got beat 35-0, and yes we beat needville last year but they at least scored some points, so i'm going with needville by 7

NEEDVILLE 28
SEALY 21

OldBison75
11-09-2008, 12:14 PM
It's a new season for both of these teams. Sealy has been at the top of the hill and the bottom of the pit. Needville is trying to live up to expectations. Sealy has new life after a thumping by LaGrange, but nothing to be ashamed of as LaGrange is better than most believe. Needville proved they can play with determination and prie against a decent Brookshire Royal team. Both must limit turnovers to have a chance. I pick Sealy, only because of tradition and Sealy's running game. Could go either way.

pirate4state
11-09-2008, 12:20 PM
I'll be rooting for the Tigers. I agree with OldBison, sadly, if Sealy doesn't get its act together Needville could pull off the "upset".

GO TIGERS!

OldBison75
11-09-2008, 12:39 PM
P4S, I hope you sadly agree that Sealy better get it's act together and saying that you are disappointed that you agree with me!!!!

Bull's-eye
11-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by martwayne
i dont know much bout needville this year but i do know that sealy didn't do much of anything against the navasota rattlers (i know their running back did not play, buts thats not my fault only the coaches) and got beat 35-0.

In all honesty, that Sealy team that lost to Navasota is not the same team that will play Needville this Friday. I like the Sealy defense, especially against the run. Should be a close game, I'll take Sealy by a TD.

OldBison75
11-09-2008, 02:00 PM
If anybody has read my posts about Sealy all year, you know that I have been more than rady to believe that they are a little confidence away from be a really good team. I know that they aren't really like what was at Navasota and have picked them almost every week since. Good speed, good defense most of the time, and great tradition.

pirate4state
11-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
P4S, I hope you sadly agree that Sealy better get it's act together and saying that you are disappointed that you agree with me!!!! What else would I mean? :confused: :D

STAggie
11-09-2008, 03:08 PM
If Sealy shows up and plasy up to their ability then they should easily win this game. If Sealy gets hungry then they will make some noise but if not, it could be one and done.

Sealy 28
Needville 14

HEMOTOXIC
11-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Sealy 21
Needville 7

Pudlugger
11-09-2008, 04:57 PM
I don't know much about Needville. I was disappointed that the Leps didn't get to play them due to Ike. I was impressed with Sealy after watching them against the Leps. I think they will be ready to burst out next week and will roll against the Jays I think it will be decided by +2 tds or so.

957tiger
11-09-2008, 05:00 PM
This game is scheduled to be played on Thursday. The short week can benefit Sealy after the LG loss. If you spend to long going over and thinking about what went wrong, it can be a distraction. The coaching staff will keep the boys focused and it will be a good game.

2-ONES
11-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I feel like Sealy should win this game. Based on the last 11 weeks and what has happened, that district 25 should sweep this week's games, but that likely won't happen. Therefore it will be interesting to see how the 3 games unfold.

Should sweep, how do like your crow cooked?

BrahmaMom
11-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Best of luck, Sealy. Austin Co has two teams to cheer for! Represent us well!!

Bull's-eye
11-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
This game is scheduled to be played on Thursday.

Where will this game be played?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Where will this game be played?

ROW-SEN-BURG.

SHSBulldog00
11-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Sealy and Needville will play @ Guy K. Traylor Stadium in Rosenberg 7:30 Thursday

Bull's-eye
11-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
ROW-SEN-BURG.

Nice stadium! I think I'll go watch this one.

BrahmaMom
11-09-2008, 09:43 PM
As I recall early in the season, when Bellville played Needville (or scrimmaged?), it was good to see Jamie Valentine out there. There's a coach who is intense!!

TigerFan51
11-10-2008, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Sealy and Needville will play @ Guy K. Traylor Stadium in Rosenberg 7:30 Thursday

Is this the stadium at Lamar Consolidated? May have to go check this one out on Thursday. It's only a 30 minute drive away.

JDOG
11-10-2008, 09:31 AM
It is the Lamar Cons. stadium. WIll be a lot of area football fans there!

Buckweed
11-10-2008, 10:38 AM
what happened to sealy against La Grange?? why did they lose this game?? what was the score?? what did the district standings end up being??

IHStangFan
11-10-2008, 03:39 PM
I've gotta go w/ my Jays or else I wouldn't be a good fan. With that said...on paper Sealy has the edge. Speed tends to give Needville fits, and I believe that Sealy will have the speed advantage. With that said.....Brookshire Royal last week "had more speed" but Needville was able to adjust and pull out a win. The Jays will have to be on top their game.

We're used to being picked to lose by 2-3 TDs lately.

GO JAYS!!

TRENCHES06
11-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Basically, they choked against LG

TigerFan51
11-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I've gotta go w/ my Jays or else I wouldn't be a good fan. With that said...on paper Sealy has the edge. Speed tends to give Needville fits, and I believe that Sealy will have the speed advantage. With that said.....Brookshire Royal last week "had more speed" but Needville was able to adjust and pull out a win. The Jays will have to be on top their game.

GO JAYS!!

Congratulations to you guys! I really had a feeling all along it'd be you guys in the final spot...didn't I say something like that to you early on? I really DO pay attention to that little voice deep down inside when is speaks, lol:D :clap:

Good luck this week...I do hope to catch this game. I've got plenty of blue t-shirts, lol!

Reds fan
11-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Sealy by 7

scrub c
11-10-2008, 06:14 PM

Okay, I guess I will help you out...
Sealy has more speed and will win by 2 touchdowns. (unless needville returns two fumbles for tds and blocks a fg)

IHStangFan
11-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
Sealy has more speed and will win by 2 touchdowns. (unless needville returns two fumbles for tds and blocks a fg) what is it w/ you? You love to hate Needville. I'm sorry your Necks had such a dismal season. Thanks for your support :rolleyes: GO DISTRICT 26!!

duckhunter
11-10-2008, 07:36 PM
sealy wins on a field goal

2-ONES
11-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Needville 24........Sealy 21 Go D26

garciap77
11-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Sealy has more speed and will win by 2 touchdowns. (unless needville returns two fumbles for tds and blocks a fg)

I'll take Needville with the upset!

headhunter
11-10-2008, 11:48 PM
I want to pick Sealy but my gut tells me to go with Needville. I just am not sure Sealy knows how to put it together as a team, lots of talent in Sealy but just to many little things that they are not doing. And the little things is what makes the differance in close games. Special teams, turnovers and ball control. Needville wins this one but close.

Needville 27
Sealy 21
OVERTIME

IHStangFan
11-11-2008, 12:19 AM
These stats compliments of the Houston Chronicle....

Needville Blue Jays (D26):

2565 Total Yds
130 1st Downs
1778 Rushing Yds
5.52 Yds/Carry
787 Passing Yds
13.12 Yds/Catch

Needville QB:

Caleb Berry:
57 Comp.
119 Att.
47.9% Comp.
708 Yds
6 TDs
7 INTs

Needville RBs:

Cody LaCroy:
93 Att
627 Yds
6.74 Yds/Carry
4 TDs

Tim Grant:
62 Att
504 Yds
8.13 Yds/Carry
10 TDs

Kobie Hadjik:
66 Att.
241 Yds
3.65 Yds/Carry
2 TDs

Harold Hunter:
52 Att.
235 Yds
4.52 Yds/Carry
2 TDs

7 other ball carriers listed, but these are the main ones.

11 different players listed as having Receptions....leading WR has 166 yds.

Sealy Tigers (D25):

2074 Total Yds
98 1st Downs
1522 Rushing Yds
5.55 Yds/Carry
552 Passing Yds
12.84 Yds/Catch

Sealy QBs:

Jefferey Krenek:
26 Comp.
74 Att.
35.14%
317 Yds
6 TDs
1 INT

Bradley Miller:
13 Comp.
26 Att.
50%
87 Yds
1 TD
0 INT

Sealy RBs:

Dexter Downey:
111 Att.
721 Yds
6.5 Yds/Carry
5 TDs

De'Quincey Cooper:
32 Att.
378 Yds
11.81 Yds/Carry
1 TD

Jefferey Krenek (QB):
24 Att.
147 Yds
6.13 Yds/Carry
5 TDs

Orie King:
12 Att.
74 Yds
6.17 Yds/Carry
3 TDs

4 more players w/ rushing stats

7 players listed w/ receptions...all under 10 receptions...leading WR w/ 187 yds.

themsu97
11-11-2008, 06:59 AM
yep... I think Sealy is going to win...

but since I was at Needville, and would still like to be there if logistics would have worked out and gas not shot up so high...

so I will go with the Jays

STAggie
11-11-2008, 08:18 AM
Talking to the kids this week, it appears to me that they realized what happened last week and our coming out with a new mindset this week. In all honesty the lose to La Grange may have been the shot in the arm this team needed to get hungry in the playoffs. With that said, Needville scares me because they seem to know how to win when they need to and Sealy, except against Bellville, hasn't shown that.

teetle
11-11-2008, 09:43 AM
Speed Kills an Nerdville willo find out Thursday nite. I know this is a biased post,but there isno way that the chickens can hang with the Tigers.:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

themsu97
11-11-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by teetle
Speed Kills an Nerdville willo find out Thursday nite. I know this is a biased post,but there isno way that the chickens can hang with the Tigers.:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:
hmmmm, interesting... not that Sealy will not win but I remember posters from Sweeny and Columbia saying the same thing about Needville last week about how they would lose to Royal and not get in...
I know thatRoyal is no Sealy but... speed kills and Royal is in the gym and Needville is still playing

teetle
11-11-2008, 10:49 AM
That is true. Royal is in the gym. But, watch out for the Tigers defense. needville cannot stand the heat. Go Tigers.

Astro2
11-11-2008, 11:11 AM
This game won't be close. In fact, it could get ugly. Sealy has too many athletes and too much speed. Needville was fortunate enough to come away with two defensive touchdowns last week. Royal killed themselves with those two turnovers, a missed extra point, and a blocked FG. That being said....Needville is still playing this week and Royal is at home. After seeing both teams play this year, I just don't see this one being as close as people think.

Bull's-eye
11-11-2008, 11:32 AM
I'm taking Sealy by a TD. Needville has a talented defensive coach that will keep this game close. If the Tigers don't protect the ball, Jays could fly away with a win.

IHStangFan
11-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Astro2
This game won't be close. In fact, it could get ugly. Sealy has too many athletes and too much speed. Needville was fortunate enough to come away with two defensive touchdowns last week. Royal killed themselves with those two turnovers, a missed extra point, and a blocked FG. That being said....Needville is still playing this week and Royal is at home. After seeing both teams play this year, I just don't see this one being as close as people think. Some such as yourself would see this as BR "killing themselves".......I see it as Needville's defense stepping up and making plays.

rancher
11-11-2008, 05:56 PM
I have watched both teams play. Sealy is way to quick and fast for Needville. Needville is very slow and will be lucky to stay within two touchdowns of Sealy.

zebrablue2
11-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Some such as yourself would see this as BR "killing themselves".......I see it as Needville's defense stepping up and making plays.

:clap::2thumbsup:

Necks_Fan
11-11-2008, 07:28 PM
I'dlike to say Needville wins, but my gut says Sealy by a TD.

scrub c
11-12-2008, 01:52 PM
needville will win

STAggie
11-12-2008, 03:00 PM
needville will win

You a gamblin' man?

scrub c
11-12-2008, 03:56 PM
No, and its a good thing...

I would have lost a bundle on our games alone not to mention others in our district...

You just dont know about them blue-birds... needville wins

STAggie
11-12-2008, 04:03 PM
No, and its a good thing...

I would have lost a bundle on our games alone not to mention others in our district...

You just dont know about them blue-birds... needville wins

I do know about them Bluebirds and that is why I am picking Sealy to win.

TigerFan51
11-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
I do know about them Bluebirds and that is why I am picking Sealy to win.

He must have an "inside" track on them Bluebirds, Scrub!

BrahmaMom
11-12-2008, 06:14 PM
C'mon Sealy--get fired up. Represent Austin County for us. Go TIGERS!

Necks_Fan
11-12-2008, 08:40 PM
I do know about them Bluebirds and that is why I am picking Sealy to win. LOL. I'mjust about %100 sure that your are picking Sealy because that's where you are from...... not because you "know" about Needville.

scotty
11-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Sealy really hasn't had a history of fumbling this season. Hopefully last week was just a bad week. Their few turnovers was a big strong point and hopefully they haven't gotten into such a rut.

IHStangFan
11-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by scotty
Sealy really hasn't had a history of fumbling this season. Hopefully last week was just a bad week. Their few turnovers was a big strong point and hopefully they haven't gotten into such a rut. If they start fumbling Needville will capitalize on it. I'm hoping for a good game, and I'll be there tomorrow night!! GO JAYS and GO D26!!

TigerFan51
11-12-2008, 10:37 PM
If they start fumbling Needville will capitalize on it. I'm hoping for a good game, and I'll be there tomorrow night!! GO JAYS and GO D26!!

Stang, I hope to be there tomorrow night to help you guys cheer on your Jays. Are ya'll home or visitor? I guess I can just look for the sea of blue, lol.

IHStangFan
11-12-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by TigerFan51
Stang, I hope to be there tomorrow night to help you guys cheer on your Jays. Are ya'll home or visitor? I guess I can just look for the sea of blue, lol. Well thank you sir. I'm not sure if we're home or not. I'll have on a Needville ball cap and a Cuero Gobblers shirt as my only Blue Jays shirt was recently turned into a muddy mess beyond repair. :( Plus I'll be easier to pick out that way.

Tiger Turtle
11-13-2008, 08:37 AM
Don't know what happened last week, but we stunk up the joint against Pud's boys at Tiger Stadium and still had a chance at winning or at least forcing OT. If the fumble-itis doesn't recur, Sealy should have a decent chance at scoring enough points to hold off the Jays. Sealy seemed to be putting it together until the LaGrange fiasco. I am concerned about the unimaginative play calling by the Sealy staff. Hopefully, they will open up and mix in more passing so Needville won't just key on DD. Seth Jamison (#8) and Orrie King (#25) have been catching the ball well lately when Krenek gets time to throw. Maybe they could give DQ a few more carries, as he seems to be effective at times. See you tonight in R-town.

teetle
11-13-2008, 09:26 AM
Coach Mitchell gona get that ironed out. He will figure out what is wrong. The Tigers will be rollin. Needville will be in trouble. Too slow to keep up with the Tigers. They lucky to even be in the playoffs. Go Tigers.:tongue: :tongue:

duckhunter
11-13-2008, 09:45 AM
They lucky to even be in the playoffs. Go Tigers.:tongue: :tongue: you can say the same thing about the tigers of sealy:eek:

BOCEPHUS
11-13-2008, 09:51 AM
1 BOTCHED PAT/FIRE 2 PT. CONV. GOES THE WRONG WAY AND......
THIS WEEKEND IT WOULD BE........

BELLVILLE V. NEEDVILLE
GIDDINGS V. WHARTON
LA GRANGE V. SWEENY

"JUST DA FACT JACK":evillol: :evil: :twitch:

teetle
11-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Duck hunter, I am sorry that Columbus is playing basketball right now. Maybe next year. :eek: :eek:

pirate4state
11-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS

BELLVILLE V. NEEDVILLE
GIDDINGS V. WHARTON
LA GRANGE V. SWEENY

but it didn't so it ain't & that's the true fact jack! :D

Hey IHStang - I'm headed your way. Gonna see what Mitchell has in store for your Bluejays! Probably be over on the Sealy side, but I'll give you a holler.

BOCEPHUS
11-13-2008, 10:40 AM
IT IS WHAT IT IS:bigcry:

MY LEPS STAYED AT HOME:bigcry:

duckhunter
11-13-2008, 10:59 AM
Duck hunter, I am sorry that Columbus is playing basketball right now. Maybe next year. :eek: :eek: dont be srry. basketball is a great sport

teetle
11-13-2008, 11:08 AM
There ain't nothing wrong with a little round ball as long as its starts after the Christmas Hollidays.:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :wave: :smoker: :tongue: :weeping: :evillol: :vrycnfsd:

44INAROW
11-13-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Hey IHStang - I'm headed your way. Gonna see what Mitchell has in store for your Bluejays! Probably be over on the Sealy side, but I'll give you a holler.
he'll be easy to spot Rita - he'll be the one with the Gobbler shirt and Blue Jay cap on;) :D

44INAROW
11-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Is the game going to be webcast?

FrmSTx
11-13-2008, 01:24 PM

BELLVILLE V. NEEDVILLE
GIDDINGS V. WHARTON
LA GRANGE V. SWEENY

Ifs and buts, boss man! 25 AAA = SEC!

IHStangFan
11-13-2008, 01:38 PM

Hey IHStang - I'm headed your way. Gonna see what Mitchell has in store for your Bluejays! Probably be over on the Sealy side, but I'll give you a holler. cool cool.....maybe we'll see ya'll there. I think my brother-in-law, and my sister are gonna go w/ me. Mama and BabyStangFan will probably not be attending. Mama doesn't feel well, and doesn't want to get Baby out in the cool air.

STAggie
11-13-2008, 02:16 PM

BELLVILLE V. NEEDVILLE
GIDDINGS V. WHARTON
LA GRANGE V. SWEENY

Jus like La Grange was a dropped pass away from a loss to Sealy. Sometimes the breaks help you and sometimes they don't.

pirate4state
11-13-2008, 02:23 PM
So, who all is going to the game?

Anyone interested in a mini M&G? I'm gonna try and meet up with IHStangFan at some point. Anyone know what the cross over policy is at this stadium?

STAggie
11-13-2008, 02:26 PM
I'll be there with the wife and brother and law. As well as some friends and their family.

IHStangFan
11-13-2008, 02:40 PM
I'll be there, believe my sister and bro-in-law are gonna come too. Should also be a few Wharton, Sweeny, West Columbia, etc. fans there as well from what I've read in the last few days.

BOCEPHUS
11-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by FrmSTx
Ifs and buts, boss man! 25 AAA = SEC!

C'MON LET ME HAVE FUN, STAGGIE AND TEETLE GOT 'SENSITIVE BUTTONS:tongue: ---I LIKES PUSH'EN ON'EM.

H3LL GIDDENS EVEN LUCKY TO BE IN PLAYOFFS THE WAY THE PLAYED, DANG NEAR LOST LA GRANGE, SEALY HAD THE LEAD TILL A FEW TICKS............BUT WHO KEERS, LONG AS THEY STILL FISH IN WATER AND COLE BER IN THE CHEST

pirate4state
11-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Stadium info:

No re-entry
No crossing over
No chance for a M&G :(

I will be sitting on the Sealy side so I'll just wave to all of you sitting on the losing side, errr Needville side. :D

If any of the Sealy posters want to say "hi" at half time PM your number. If not, that's cool. I was once shy too. (yeah right!) :D

IHStangFan
11-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Stadium info:

No re-entry
No crossing over
No chance for a M&G :(

I will be sitting on the Sealy side so I'll just wave to all of you sitting on the losing side, errr Needville side. :D

If any of the Sealy posters want to say "hi" at half time PM your number. If not, that's cool. I was once shy too. (yeah right!) :D hmmm...well dang...that's no good. GO JAYS!!

IHStangFan
11-13-2008, 03:22 PM
4606 Mustang Ave.
Rosenberg, TX

Necks_Fan
11-13-2008, 03:40 PM
I won't be able to make it to the game tonight, and IF I do, it will be halftime or later.

Maybe I can meet some of you after the game IF I go???

I have this STUPID NHS crap tonight at 7:15.... I might can make it the game but I doubt it.

P4s, I'll PM you my number anyway.

Also, are you going to hang around and watch Wharton/Bellville tmorrow p4s?

Can meet alot more D'lowers there tomorrow.

I do believe Lil pancho said him and Villa would be there.

pirate4state
11-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I won't be able to make it to the game tonight, and IF I do, it will be halftime or later.

Maybe I can meet some of you after the game IF I go???

I have this STUPID NHS crap tonight at 7:15.... I might can make it the game but I doubt it.

P4s, I'll PM you my number anyway.

Also, are you going to hang around and watch Wharton/Bellville tmorrow p4s?

Can meet alot more D'lowers there tomorrow.

I do believe Lil pancho said him and Villa would be there.

No, the only Bellville team I'll be watching tomorrow will probably be the VB team.

If I'm going to a football game tomorrow it will be ours.

If you have text messaging I can send you updates if you aren't gonna make it.

scrub c
11-13-2008, 03:59 PM

What... are you serving food, being an usher or something like that???

scrub c
11-13-2008, 04:01 PM
Are they bluejays gonna play the sound of birds chirping as they run out on to the field for stretch?

Necks_Fan
11-13-2008, 04:03 PM
What... are you serving food, being an usher or something like that??? No, they're having the induction ceremony for the incoming kids and ALL of the existing members have to be there. I'm going to sneak out early so I can go to the game.... HOPEFULLY. :D

TigerFan51
11-13-2008, 08:32 PM
It's kickoff time and I couldn't make it to the game. I am SO SICK with a stupid cold. I can't take the chance of not being able to make it to our game tomorrow night, so here I sit. I just hope that there's someone out there that will keep us updated, lol! I actually had my laptop at the game last week.

gtownfan
11-13-2008, 08:37 PM
It's on the web at http://www.kfrdradio.com/ if anyone's interested.

OldBison75
11-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Sealy 7
Needville 3

late 1st quarter
Needville long drive ends in field goal (7:00 drive)
Sealy fumbles first play and recovers. Downey goes 67 yards on the second play. for a TD

OldBison75
11-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Needville 3 and out

Sealy completes 45 yard TD pass on first play after the punt.

Sealy 14
Needville 3

1:35 left 1st Qtr.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Sealy 7 Needville 3 with 1:44 left 1st qtr

Sealy TD pass from 45 yds

Sealy 14 Needville 3 with 1:35 left 1st qtr last two offensive plays for Sealy have bee Tds

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Needille with 40 yards total in 1st QTr
Sealy 104 yds

I think i heard Sealy had the ball for only 1:06 in 1st qtr

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Sealy 14 Needville 3 with 8:43 left in 2nd qtr

Needville with the ball after stopping Sealy for the first time.

Interception and Sealy with the ball at their own 40.

bobcat04
11-13-2008, 09:28 PM

OldBison75
11-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Downey goes 53 more for a TD with about one minute left in the first half. (Downey 13-153 in first half)

Sealy 21
Needville 3

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2008, 09:33 PM
3 big plays for Sealy for TDs.

OldBison75
11-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Downey goes 64 to the Needville 7 on the first drive of the second half. Sealy is running down the throat of the Needville defense and taking it to them.

Sealy stopped on the 3 on fourth down. Nice stop Needville.

Needville 1st & 10 from their own 3.

OldBison75
11-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Sealy gets field goal and Neddville answers with a touchdown.

4:00 minutes left in the game

Sealy 24
Needville 10

OldBison75
11-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Sealy scores again. 3 minutes left

Sealy 31
Needville 10

scrub c
11-13-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Downey goes 64 to the Needville 7 on the first drive of the second half. Sealy is running down the throat of the Needville defense and taking it to them.

Sealy stopped on the 3 on fourth down. Nice stop Needville.

Needville 1st & 10 from their own 3.

downey must have got hurt on that 64 yd run, he was not in on the next 4 plays. He also was not the same after that even though he did run the ball several times after that... maybe he just got tired???

scrub c
11-13-2008, 11:58 PM
sealy was very impressive on defense, and on offense that #5... well, he is pretty good.

IHStangFan
11-14-2008, 12:12 AM
Sealy played a great game tonight. They were very big up front and had the speed to get to the corner. Needville's offense decided not to show up partly due to Sealy's speedy D and partly because they turned the ball over several times. Needville's D did show signs of life and made a couple of good stops or else the score could have been much worse. Congrats to the Sealy Tigers and good luck next week against what will most likely be the Cuero Gobblers.

Necks_Fan
11-14-2008, 12:15 AM
Sealy kept the score from being worse.

IHStangfan..... where were you?

P4S was trying to find ya. Man, lol.

Way to no-show.

IHStangFan
11-14-2008, 12:16 AM
Sealy kept the score from being worse.

IHStangfan..... where were you?

P4S was trying to find ya. Man, lol.

Way to no-show. LOL...hell man...I had family w/ me and such. I was sitting down low near the 50.

Necks_Fan
11-14-2008, 12:23 AM
LOL...hell man...I had family w/ me and such. I was sitting down low near the 50. Is sitting at very top near 50.

I scanned the crowd looking for a green shirt, but then I thought... maybe it's white or black.

Oh well.

Me and P4S showed... that's all that matters.:cool:

Tiger Turtle
11-14-2008, 07:35 AM
Kind of a funny game. I don't think Needville brought their "A" game. They looked like they had a better team than what they showed, particularly in the first half. Sealy had two long runs by Downey for TDs and two long passes for TDs, with at least one probable TD pass dropped. Needville had good coverage on the play, but the ball hit the receiver in the hands and he usually makes that catch. I counted four other drops as well. Sealy's D was getting tired by the end of the 3rd because they were on the field all night. The longest possession Sealy had lasted about 5 - 6 plays because of the long scoring plays. The draw play hurt Sealy until the middle of the 3rd when the MLB started staying home and looking for it. Seemed like Cuero's whole coaching staff was sitting behind me. I doubt they saw much that scared them, but Sealy pulled back during most of the 2nd half, playing their seond team RB and several other non-starters. Sealy's coaching staff reverted to LaGrange game play-calling durign the second half, running the same play repeatedly out of the same formation with limited success. They had more success in the first half when they mixed run and pass a bit more.

Pudlugger
11-14-2008, 08:26 AM
Good work Tigers. Now get ready for the next round. Good luck and keep representing D25 as winners.

teetle
11-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Speed kills, Needvill found out tonight. Way to go Tigers. :eek: :eek: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :eek:

STAggie
11-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Great game last night for the Tigers. My only problem was Mitchell not just getting us one when Downey had a 64 yard run to the 3 and then running that damn power formation and not going up the middle for 7. Our D looked good, especially for playing many players out of place and a lot of guys who haven't seen the field much, in the second half. I don't think Needville came with their A game but it is hard to keep up the emotion after a big win.

Now on to the next one and it looked like Cuero did bring their entire coaching staff. I sure am glad Krenek threw so really bad passes to throw them off. :eek:

P4S.....sorry, I left my phone on silent from work and didn't look at it till the end of the game. Thanks for coming though.

pirate4state
11-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Great game last night for the Tigers. My only problem was Mitchell not just getting us one when Downey had a 64 yard run to the 3 and then running that damn power formation and not going up the middle for 7. Our D looked good, especially for playing many players out of place and a lot of guys who haven't seen the field much, in the second half. I don't think Needville came with their A game but it is hard to keep up the emotion after a big win.

Now on to the next one and it looked like Cuero did bring their entire coaching staff. I sure am glad Krenek threw so really bad passes to throw them off. :eek:

P4S.....sorry, I left my phone on silent from work and didn't look at it till the end of the game. Thanks for coming though.

I knew I forgot to ask Mitchell about keeping Downey out after that long run. :doh:

What I did notice is #5 standing behind his teammates taking a break. I don't know, but if I'm #5 and I just ran for 60+ yards...I'm gonna wanna finish, if I can. Looked like he might have tweaked his hamstring.

But it is also possible that Mitchell wanted to try some different packages and it is HIS team, so I guess he can do that! I'm just saying.

Anyway, I'm very happy to have seen #11 play!!! Wish he was suited up in maroon & white, but he is doing very well and I wish him & his teammates all the best!

duckhunter
11-14-2008, 10:11 AM

But it is also possible that Mitchell wanted to try some different packages and it is HIS team, so I guess he can do that! I'm just saying.

i thought it was sealy's ISD's team. last time i checked i didnt see mitchell write his own personal check for bus gas, jersey's, blow-up helmet, etc.......

good luck next week sealy against dem gooblurs

pirate4state
11-14-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by duckhunter
i thought it was sealy's ISD's team. last time i checked i didnt see mitchell write his own personal check for bus gas, jersey's, blow-up helmet, etc.......

good luck next week sealy against dem gooblurs

:doh:

Last I checked, Sealy ISD hired him to do a job. It's his team to do with (play calling) as he sees fit!

teetle
11-14-2008, 10:20 AM
No make no bones about it, it is Mitchells team. He don,t need no gas. he full of it. He don't take no back seat to nobody. Congrats Coach Mitchell keep on going. :D :D :eek:

STAggie
11-14-2008, 11:00 AM
I knew I forgot to ask Mitchell about keeping Downey out after that long run. :doh:

What I did notice is #5 standing behind his teammates taking a break. I don't know, but if I'm #5 and I just ran for 60+ yards...I'm gonna wanna finish, if I can. Looked like he might have tweaked his hamstring.

Anyway, I'm very happy to have seen #11 play!!! Wish he was suited up in maroon & white, but he is doing very well and I wish him & his teammates all the best!

I tell you what, Cass is going to be a stud in the next two years. If he grows a little more he will def be a D1 talent. Kid fills the holes better than I have seen at Sealy since Derek Curry (who went to Nortre Dame). I am really excited to see our D next year as we aren't loosing much, but don't want this year to end anytime soon.

scrub c
11-14-2008, 11:27 AM

I was wondering the same thing... He did return, but didn't look to be at full strength after that...

dachosenone
11-14-2008, 11:57 AM
Does anyone know if Downey actually pulled a hamstring, he didn't look very fast in the open field. Im thinking he may have been hurt to get caught from behind. :confused:

STAggie
11-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by dachosenone
Does anyone know if Downey actually pulled a hamstring, he didn't look very fast in the open field. Im thinking he may have been hurt to get caught from behind. :confused:

I don't know if it was that, or the fact it was the turf. I know we have had problems keeping our feet on the turf, or he may have just been tired. I am hoping to find something out later in the day. Another injury we have to deal with is #8 Jamison hurting his ankle. He was having a big game till he came early.

dachosenone
11-14-2008, 12:06 PM
#8 Is pretty good and #13 had a big game (2int). I noticed Miller struggled catching the ball so next week he should step up big. Cuero is good!

BrahmaMom
11-14-2008, 12:10 PM
Congrats to the Tigers!!

STAggie
11-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by dachosenone
#8 Is pretty good and #13 had a big game (2int). I noticed Miller struggled catching the ball so next week he should step up big. Cuero is good!

I don't get it. Miller can catch the over the shoulder defender in you face ball, but he can't seem to hold on when he runs stopping routs with no one on him. I look for him, Terry, King and Jamison to all have big games recieving next week, and for Krenek to be lights out @ qb. #8 is a jr and #13 a soph so these still have some games to play, and they are looking like stars. Also, DOWNEY is not hurt per one of the players on the team.

Brahma84
11-14-2008, 12:17 PM
We went to watch the game last night. It looked like #8 had his ankle taped when the game started. If he was not 100% they should have had someone else returning punts. It looked liked that's when he came up limping. Sealy will need to be healthy in the game against Cuero next week.

Bull's-eye
11-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Congrats to the Tigers, clearly the better team.

1st and goal
11-14-2008, 04:44 PM
Congrats Tigers!