OK, which Thursday game will be better:

Roosevelt & Kaufman @ Lancaster
or
Lovejoy & Van @ Hanby
?

On paper its R-K, but the Hanby game is much closer

Trashman
11-09-2008, 11:04 AM
The fact that they are Thursday games indicates that neither will be competitive.:thinking:

3afan
11-09-2008, 11:12 AM
no - it has to do with venue availability ...

I think Roosevelt-Kaufman will be a good one

WylieBulldog92
11-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
no - it has to do with venue availability ...

I think Roosevelt-Lovejoy will be a good one
After reading the post about Lovejoy I would go to that game.

Txbroadcaster
11-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
The fact that they are Thursday games indicates that neither will be competitive.:thinking:

uhhh what?

JR2004
11-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
OK, which Thursday game will be better:

Roosevelt & Kaufman @ Lancaster
or
Lovejoy & Van @ Hanby
?

On paper its R-K, but the Hanby game is much closer

Roosevelt has one difference maker on their entire roster in QB Kevin Booker. We sacked him 9 times when we played because his offensive line, to be kind, throws a whole lot of olay blocks. McNeil could work with the olay blocks last year because he was a special talent at QB. Booker is a RB forced into playing QB. He'll pretty much just be taking direct snaps a good chunk of the night.

Unless Kaufman has just a horrible night offensively they should win. I'll pull for Velt to win since they're from our district, but they look nothing like last year's team.

Trashman
11-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
uhhh what?

The thought is; if you agree to play on a Thursday and give up a day and possibly 2 days of practice. The coach knows he is going to lose big or win big. A thurs game will make it hard for the working fan to travel. IMHO

R1Editor
11-09-2008, 02:15 PM

Sweetwater's Coach Jackson will agree to a Thursday night playoff game before
a Saturday (anytime of the day) game.

Trashman
11-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by R1Editor
Sweetwater's Coach Jackson will agree to a Thursday night playoff game before
a Saturday (anytime of the day) game.

why?

Txbroadcaster
11-09-2008, 02:54 PM
The thought is; if you agree to play on a Thursday and give up a day and possibly 2 days of practice. The coach knows he is going to lose big or win big. A thurs game will make it hard for the working fan to travel. IMHO

Not in the DFW area where

A. places to play are a preimuim ESPECIALLY with 4A now having 4 teams

B 5A teams seem to get first show and then down from there

JR2004
11-09-2008, 02:56 PM

This is the city. You get a game where you can when you can in the first round of the playoffs.

R1Editor
11-09-2008, 03:12 PM
why?

I wish I could elaborate. But, only Coach Jackson knows.

kepdawg
11-10-2008, 12:20 AM

I could be wrong...

It would not be the first time...

For one of these games...

Maybe the #1 volleyball team in the state expects to be playing in the regional tournament this weekend...

Maybe they are playing the same school in volleyball on Tuesday as they are playing in football on Thursday...

Maybe if there is a huge volleyball upset the other team would then be playing in the regional tournament this weekend...

Maybe both schools would like to allow their fans the opportunity to watch their football team and (possibly) their volleyball team...

Maybe...

3afan
11-10-2008, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I could be wrong...

It would not be the first time...

For one of these games...

Maybe the #1 volleyball team in the state expects to be playing in the regional tournament this weekend...

Maybe they are playing the same school in volleyball on Tuesday as they are playing in football on Thursday...

Maybe if there is a huge volleyball upset the other team would then be playing in the regional tournament this weekend...

Maybe both schools would like to allow their fans the opportunity to watch their football team and (possibly) their volleyball team...

Maybe...

maybe

thats certainly more likely than the "not gonna be a good game" hypothesis IMO ...

NastySlot
11-10-2008, 09:35 AM
and don't forget to factor in some schools grading periods end this week and some may lose players at 3:30 on Friday.....this is sometimes a factor.......but i might assume here it was availability of a site.

STANG RED
11-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
This is the city. You get a game where you can when you can in the first round of the playoffs.

I never really thought about that before. But especially with 4A expanding their playoff teams this year, I bet getting a good venue in or around the big cities for the first couple rounds is tough. Especially when it comes right down to the wire on the last district game that decides who your going to play.